Another Name Game part Deux, part Deux

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Another Name Game part Deux, part Deux

Unread post by BookWyrm »

OK, first I want to thank Midnight for allowing us the chance to start this up again. This is (at least I think) a good thread and allows the participants to flex a little creativity. But the Moderator has the right to let us know what's what, and I for one appreciate that.

The last name posted was : Auntie Gravity

Mrs. Maria Gravisky was a fixture of the neighborhood of Waigroh in Century Station. A kindly woamn who lived there almost all her life. She & her husband moved there almost 40 years ago and settled in for the suburbian dream.
Although they could not have kids of their own, the Gravisky's treated their neighbor's kids like their own; most mothers worked all day, and the Gravisky's mansion-like home became like a day-care center for the neighborhood. Many kids, now grown up (some of them promenant super-heroes) owe a happy childhood to them.
Until the neighborhood began to decline. Then the Gravisky's luck began to turn.
Mr. Gravisky lost his job as a trucker due to 'cutbacks', and had to be hospitalized from a heart-attack. The insurance refused to cover his bills, and hounded the Gravisky's for years. Mr. Gravisy finally dies in his sleep 10 years ago. But "Ol' Widow G" as she had become known, refused to sell the house & retire to a nursing home. She still continued to do right by her neighbors, even when other more 'saintly' people had given up.

It was a home-invasion made by some of her former charges that changed things. The robbers were convinced that the Gravisky's had hidden cash in the house, and they broke in one night to loot & tear the place down. Despite nearly leveling the place, they found almost nothing worth pawning, save for an antique silver frame of Maria's beloved husband on the mantle.

Maria heard the noise the gang was making during their ransacking & crept down the stairs to investigate. The gang spotted her trying to flee and began to beat the woman on her own front lawn. As some neighbors watched with sick fascination, Maria's long-repressed powers emerged, pinning the gang to the ground and litterally flatening their getaway car.
She retrieved her picture frame and said, simply; "You boys oughtta be 'shamed a' y'selves...botherin' an old woman in th' dead a' night." and left to go back to bed.
The cops found the boys still pinned to the lawn in the morning. Mrs. Gavisky didn't want to press charges, but she needed to teach the boys a lesson.

Since then, the neighborhood has picked up a little bit. Ol' Widow G now has a new nickname--Auntie Gravity.

Auntie Gravity
Alignment-Principled
5th level Mutant
Powers-Gravity Manipulation, Healing Power, Impact Resistance

Mrs. Gravisky appears as a kindly but slightly overweight 75 years old woman wearing a purple flower-print housedress, bearing a plate of freshly baked cookies. This sweet-hearted woman will not interfere with any battle between supers unless she feels necessary.

New Name - Chalto
Last edited by BookWyrm on Thu Jul 31, 2003 5:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D
BookWyrm
Champion

*bump*
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
BookWyrm
Champion

It started with some 'extra' pages being tacked on my the new system, that wern't being filled up automatically. Then the new BBS code wouldn't allow access beyond p.36, due to some code glitch (i'm told this can happen), so Midnight closed the first thread and allowed this second one to pick up where the last left off. Midnight, if you've read this, feel free to add your POV.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

:? Chalto....that's...uhm...Gujarati for wind?, right? :?
BookWyrm
Champion

I'm not exactly multi-lingual.........

I dunno, I heard it somewhere and it just popped in again. If anyone can identify & translate it, please post it.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Chalto

The wind picks up I feel alive today.
The slightest mistake and I will die but
it will be a gladitators death and one the crowed will remeber
forever.

Powers gravity manipulation, totem power turtle, energy whip, healing factor

Chalto works as a gladitator for one of the syndicts in town he doesnt comit crimes
per say he fights in the ring one day though perhaps soon his imployers will try to
make him trow a fight and chalto will die in the ring due to their trechory until that
day chalto lives out his dream.

Next name
Red Ribbion Master
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
acreRake
Hero

Re: Another Name Game part Deux, part Deux

Puberty hits some mutants like a wrecking ball. Such was the case with Erik Mottola. When his voice changed one summer afternoon he blew his dog through a wall and shattered all the windows in the apartment. In shock, he cried out for help blasting his mother across the room. Clamping his hands over his mouth he began to cry, deliberately trying not to make any low-pitched noises. The high-pitched whine he emitted was deafening; people throughout his entire building collapsed clutching their bleeding ears. As his mother convulsed on the floor Erik’s panic grew. He tried to stifle his obscene cry until he felt as though his entire body was shaking itself apart. He fell through 6 floors until he came to rest up to his eyes in the concrete basement floor. He began screaming again, cracking the floor and rattling the room. On the verge of suffocation he was finally able to control himself enough to climb out of the floor. Choking and coughing for breath, two U-shaped bones flew out of his mouth into a water heater, which ruptured and exploded.

Falling through the floor again, he lost consciousness just as he fell into an access hallway connected to the city’s subway system. He has taken up silent residence under the city, scrounging for food and avoiding human contact, using his sonar to find his way in the dark. Beginning that first fateful day his ears have swollen and now appear as two fleshy hemispheres on either side of his head. Though he doesn’t know it, he is now capable of speaking normally and with the proper guidance and training could become quite formidable.

Education level: street schooled (literate)
Power Category: Mutant
Unstable Powers: Dramatic physical change when angry, extremely frustrated or afraid of dying: Intangibility
Major Powers: Sonic Power
Minor Powers: Manipulate Kinetic Energy (limited): the “increase force” and “redirection” powers can only be used on his projectile Hyoid bones. The “deflect objects” power requires him to shout at incoming projectiles, while the “protective field” requires a low hum.
Vocal Mimicry
Obviously, no two powers that require making different noises can be used simultaneously.

Mutation: Extra bones: Hyoid: Erik can produce these bones at an astonishing rate (one per minute) and has a stack of 6 ready to uses at any time. He spits/coughs them up to 20’ away (see also minor powers). They do 1D6 bladed damage.
Mutation: Strange Ears: Alien
acreRake
Hero

Next Name: Serendeputy
BookWyrm
Champion

Serendeputy

Suzan Renels had what it took to be a super-model. At age 12, she was signed by the top model agency in the world and appeared on world-renowned fashion magazines, the runways of Parisian and New York fashion shows, modeled for all the top designers and even did the spokesperson bit for a line of high-end cosmetics firms.
Until a tabloid revealed that she was a mutant, and had been using her 'inhuman beauty' to gain fame. The model jobs vanished literaly overnight. She became ostracized, despite the overwhelming support of her collegues. Suzan Renels, as a fashion icon, quickly disappeared, and was forgotten by the public.
Which suited her just fine.
Suzan was the only daughter of a 5th generation (inesrt town name)-police officer, Lt. Marcus Renel, who served almost 40 years on the force, with an exempilary arrest record and spotless conduct. He never wanted his daughter to go into the high-stressed fashion world, but his wife saw her chance to get her daughter away from the 'dead-end' life of Suzan becoming a cop.
But all that changed one night, when a home invasion, orchestrated by a durg lord once arrested by Lt Renel, murdered the Renels...execution style.
The drug lord was later arrested, but got off on a technicality.
Suzan went underground, using her father's contacts and the experience she gained from listening to her father's police stories and went undercover to collar the drug lord. Dressed like a cop-themed stripper, she gained access to the drug-czar's location, lulled him into a false sence of security, then promptly placed him under citizen's arrest.

The media got wind of this amazing capture and, in classic style, named Suzan "Serendeputy", due mostly to the half-of-a-uniform she was wearing at the time.

Serendeputy
5th level Mutant
Alignment-Scrupulous
Powers-Natural Combat Ability, Extraordinary PB, Heightened Sense of Awareness

Suzan doesn't want to be a superhero, she just wants to get her life back together. More often then most, she'll be there at a battle between super-beings, trying to help the police keep the crowds back or evacuate as many as possible.

Next up is -- The Prefect
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

The prefect

One of the two newest members to the legion
-a super hero group plaged with sex scandels-

He became the workhorse of the team the heavy fighter, then one
day fellow team mate and Ex best friend went awol. Dude man then slept
with the enamys leader and helped her take over the world for a short time.
The prefect is now the only surviing member of the legion everyone else died taking the
earth back for humanity. A fate that The prefect would have shared if dude man
hadnt have blown off his left arm. Now it is time to rebuild its a brand new world out there
and the prefects ready

Powers mega hero

mega power mega tK just use the mega power of stregh as a bases range is line of sight

other powers
wingless flight
intagibilty
bend light
gravity manipulation

Next name- dude man.
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
acreRake
Hero

Dude Man (*sigh*)

The fj’dnd’’flkaoa’hnrhh’lb are a race of compromisers. They value harmony above all else and have a hard time understanding things like aggression, boundary disputes and lawsuits. Fortunately for them their home world is deep in Thissera-Micean controlled territory (the “Cooperative” being an especially reassuring name). Upset by the fact that almost no other race could pronounce their language they set about reforming it. Eventually calling themselves the “Oh” and having a language that is easily mastered by every race they have encountered. Sadly, the Oh cannot, now, speak their own language and must rely completely on telepathy and translator-implants.

Ah, a Ohn scientist studying earth, was hovering in his spacecraft over New Mexico observing some sheep and a flock of birds when out of nowhere an orange and green spandexed figure rocketed up to his ship and began pounding and ripping its way inside. Ah tried to fly away, pushing his vehicle to its atmospheric limits but the earth-creature’s grip was supernaturally strong. He attempted to communicate via telepathy, but all he could pick up was what sounded like improvised theme music (Duh-du duh-du DUDE MAN! Fighting all of the scourges! The scourges to the community! And scouring the world of immunities…with impunity?… DUDE MAAAAAAAAN!) Ah finally had to jettison as Dudeman disrupted the containment system for his stardrive.

Dudeman turned to challenge his “escaping” prey. But too late, he realized the ship was imploding and he was caught in an inescapable event horizon.

Ah, shielded by his gravitic suit, hung silently in the air as only way home was destroyed before his eyes. Disguising himself as the only earth-person he knew (Dude-man) he set about finding someway to call for help.

In the cities of earth he was stunned by the uncooperative nature of its inhabitants and its depressingly low level of technology. Soon, Dudeman’s former his teammates saw “him” on the news and came to retrieve their perpetually confused ally. With no where else to go, Dudeman née Ah, returned to Legion headquarters. With the aid of his telepathy he attempts to react to things as people expect him to, and has been remarkably effective at bringing before-unknown teamwork to the group.

Alien: Humanoid—All Oh roll individually for unusual characteristics. The Oh, though they often actually look quite different than each other, use their natural abilities to disguise themselves and almost without exception look exactly like Mr. B Natural
The planet Oh has slightly higher gravity than earth, about 1.3Gs.
All Oh (including Ah) naturally have:
Improved Holographic Memory Projection (no 5’ limit, holograms appear real until touched.)
Telepathy (psionic)
See aura (psionic)
Alter aura (psionic)
He wears an AG suit: 300mph, (lift: 500 lbs), with Neuro-stun-knuckles: 1D6 damage plus stuns: -4 strike/parry/dodge, reduce speed by half, and no initiative for 2D4 melee.

He has no familiarity with earth, but does have a universal translator implant, which actually helps him impersonate Dudeman, due to the blank stare he has while he waits for translation.

Cherico, I must insist you never post another name from the roster of “The Legion.” :nh:
Last edited by acreRake on Sat Aug 02, 2003 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acreRake
Hero

Am nexten: Trigger Hippie.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

sorry about that man I had to pull that though

you did a good job though
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by DevastationBob »

Trigger Hippy, Psycho-Terrorist, that's what the papers...those "rags" called him. Spreading the lies and propaganda, reinforcing the bars, the walls of the prison They kept the world in. Psychoterrorist? He was a freedom fighter, Terry Fagan. Better living through chemistry...freeing the enslaved from the tyranny their own minds, the mind of the prison society, forced upon them.

To think, he had once been on of them. A real straight arrow, a pharmaceuticals student until the night...the night of destiny. A friend had passed him something...a tab with a smily face on it...he'd taken it and everything was different. Freedom, his mind soared! Light, brighter than a hundred suns...and then nothing, later...back in his cell. He plunged back into his studies, though into a slightly different direction than before. Psychoactives, perception altering substances...the key, the key to his cell, the master key to freeing everyone. Even after he was expelled for possession, he continued his research in private. He funded his study by working as a chemist for drug dealers until he was ready. The great revelation that would strike the first blow to shatter the walls of the prison.

The state fair, a large gathering of people, people that would convert...that would understand his vision once they received the key. It would be delivered by aerosol mines of his own design he'd planted in key locations the night previous, and from two modified paintball guns, containing a more concentrated contact delivery medium for any the gas missed. At the height of the fair, he enacted his bold vision. The effects were varied, faces held looks of rapture and rejoice...others screamed and clawed at their own eyes and skin. This had been expected, some 50% of the test animals had died after initial exposure, some couldn't handle the freedom. Better to die than live a prisoner. It would be from the chosen that his followers would arise, surely. He moved through the fringes of the crowd, targeting those who fled the Revelation with his pistols. And then the superhero arrived. Blazing Glory had been his name, a fire hurler. Wary of the crowds, he'd relied upon his flying powers to apprehend Fagan and halt his mission. And then Fagan shot him in the face with a dose of the key. Hurling Fagan to the ground, Glory had flown aloft, there was a light brighter than a hundred suns and then Glory went nova.

In the ensuing chaos, Fagan made his escape. What eyewitnesses left described a disheveled long haired man with pistols as responsible, one older bystander dubbing him some Trigger Happy Hippy. He's gone into hiding, perfecting the key further. Occasionally, some out of the way town will undergo a mass panic as the water supply is contaminated, or a new street drug is introduced. Someday, the revelation will come.

Trigger Hippy (Terry Fagan)
Analytical Chemical Genius (and crazy villain to boot)

At least initially TriggerHippy (he loathes the name) used the modified pistols which deliver a powerful psychoactive drug on contact with bareskin. He'll alway have at least one on his person in case of need. Otherwise, most of his devices are constructed for delivering the "Key" to as large a test population as possible.

Next Name:

Mr. Horrible
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
BookWyrm
Champion

Mr. Horrible

Not all superbeings are welcomed by the populace at large. Some aren't even accepted by their own kind. And even rarer still, are the ones like Mr. Horrible, a kind & gentle soul imprsioned in the flesh of a monster.

Gary Timmons was the quintesential good guy, he helped the elderly across the street, gave accurate directions to lost travelers, always had a kind word, and would go out of his way to aid others with no reguard for himself.
Until just last year.
Gary made his way from his freind's house to catch the 1:13am local MTA train to get back home, after a long & enjoyable RPG night when he heard a scream. He came up upon a gang of local toughs attempting to rape a young girl. Without hesitation, he dove in to the melee, driving off some of the boys and getting beat up in the process. The cops arrived moments later.......and proptly arrested Gary for attempted rape.
It got worse from there.
The girl, the only living niece of one of Gary's neighbors, was unconscious & unable to give a statement. The cops immediately assumed Gary had done the deed, and threw him into the klink. When the gril's aunt heard of the assualt, she stormed into the police station and, without a second thought, placed a very powerful curse upon Gary, which caused him to transform into a hideous, misshapen, nearly-inhuman form. Gary was shocked and, when the guards attepmtd to attack this new monster, he defended himself and escaped. Gary fled into the city's sewer system to distance himself from a cruel humanity.

A day later, the neighbor learned of Gary's innocence from her recovering niece, but has been unable to track down Gary, now known as "Mr. Horrible" by those few brave souls daring to venture into the sewers. Gary still has some spark of humanity left, and may someday reclaim his former identity.

Mr. Horrible
4th level Mystically Bestowed (Cursed)
Alignment-basically Scrupulous, but outwardly is Anarchistic
Powers-Hardened Skin, Glow Bug, Horror Factor, Quills & Spines, Stench
With his humanoid form in constant flux, Mr. Horrible may look like just about anything horrific. The description vary with each person.

New name -- QuickShuffle
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
acreRake
Hero

I have an *okay* :-? idea for a character, well, just power category/powers but i can't come up with a good story...*sigh*

Consider this a bump, i guess.
BookWyrm
Champion

The Classic

No one remembers the hero known as The Classic. A forgotten hero of the Golden Age, Symon Ulentiskov was a Polish Jew immigrant at the start of WW2, fleeing the Nazi War Machine as it plowed through his homeland. He, his family, and sevreal others surrendered their last meager possessions to book passage on a tramp steamship to escape to some neutral country.
The crew betrayed the refugees, selling them to black marketeers & Symon was separated from his family, never to see them again.
Symon was forced to be a Opium lord's manservant for years, enduing the harshest conditions that a human being could, hoping one day to discover tha fate of his loved ones. Finally, after almost two decades of flawless service, the drug-king sold Symon to a mad scientist (along with a dozen others) as guinee pigs. Symon was the only survivor of the hellish experiments, and used his new powers to escape. He tracked down his former 'master' and laid waste to his empire.
Symon then fled to America, and taking the name of The Classic, waged a one-man war against drug-dealing of any kind. For another half-century, The Classic was the scourge of crime. And trying to find what happened to his family.
When the current crop of heroes began to make their mark, The Classic quietly retired, having created a small but comfortable life in a small town in Nebraska. The Classic has completely given up crime-fighting, and now, after all these years, having located his baby sister (the only surviving member of his lost family), now lives a quiet life there, with her, his wife, their 5 grown children, and various grandkids.

The Classic
Class; Experiment
Alignment-Scrupulous
Powers; Control Density, Create Force Field, Flight-Wingless

"Old Mr. U" is retired from teaching at his home town's university, having taught European Cultural Studies for many years. None of his children have exibited any powers, but his youngest grandson, Bobby, had been caught by him levitating the dog one at least one occaision.....

And next is -- Dogmatic
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
BookWyrm
Champion

*bump*
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
BookWyrm
Champion

Belle Fleur

Belle Michaeles was the only daughter of a pair of 'hippie left-overs' who taught their daughter that all the world's problems could be solved if "they'd all just stop & smell the flowers". She took this to heart, and worked her way hard through school, college and finally into perfume & pheromonal reserach to become one of the world's top perfume designers. Her newest creation, Belle Fleur, was said to contain a new mixture of rare South American plants and artificial pheromores that would put the other perfume companies to shame.
The afternoon of the public debut, pro-environmental fanatics targeted Micheales as a "crminal againt the Earth Mother" and disrupted her moment of triumph. One of the fanatic's, staged on a nearby rooftop with a high-powered rifle, shattered the large perfume bottle of Belle Fleur on display--and the chemicals engulfed Micheales completely.
On the way to the hospital, Michaeles' powers violently emerged, and she escaped, in persuit of the criminals who destroyed her life. So far, the police have discover two of them dead, mostly liquefied with expressions of horror and extasy on what remains on their faces.

Belle Fleur
Alignment; Anarchist
Class; Experiment (Chemical)-accedental
Powers Liquefaction, Extraordinary PB, Venomous Attack, Iron Will

Up next -- The Bystander
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

belle fleur

Some people watch too much anime
some people have super powers based on their
subcousious desirds

Belle fleur is one of those people she watched
salor moon constantly and despretly wanted
to be a magic girl one day she got her wish and
and shes never been the same since

Powers
Bio armor
Matter expulsion mettal

flight wingless
Extrodinary PB
lighting reflexes

the metal shards resemble roses
and her armor looks like a school girl outfit
She stole the same from a coffe shop she visits

NEXT NAME

Rick Deathstalker
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

uh crap ill try this again

The bystander

[me a super hero yea right]

Powers

Imprevous to diesase
Imprevous to HF
Impresous to posin
Unotworthy
Criminal intution

The bystander

john ramon is a cop who cant seem to get a promotion
hes solved more cases than any other cop in the city
but his achevements are frequently ignored.
John doesnt know hes a mutaint he just asumes that
his is a jerk.

His wife calls him the bystander because of this frustrating
pattern.

Rick Deathstalker
BookWyrm
Champion

Rick Deathstalker

Rick was the all time loser. He barely passed basics in high school, and was always picked on, even by the social outcasts. He barely got the job as a night-watchman at the local museum, for thier "Mythological Weapons of the Dark Ages" event opening later that summer.
One night, as he was doing the rounds, he thought he heard whispers coming from the display wing. He figured that more local kids were going to make trouble by smashing the displays and went to investigate.

There, lit by moonlight coming in from the skylight, was the much-lauded 'Stalker of Death' braodsword, recovered from an iceflow in Norway & on loan to the museum. The blade had a dragon-with-wings-spread hilt, and was encrusted with all sorts of gemstones. The blade itself looked like it could skewer a tank. But the thing that Rick noticed was it was floating in mid-air, speaking to him in his mind. He reached for the handle.....

After that, Rick, now calling himself "Rick Deathstalker", has been seen looting and destroying around the city, claiming to be the reborn barbarian conquerer of long past....

Rick Deathstalker
Alignment-Abberant
4th level Enchanted Object
Rick is possessed by the spirit within the weapon, a long lost despot barbarian whoseeks to reclaim his empire, or at least to carve one out of this new land in these strange times.....

Next name -- Impetus
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

Impetus

-One day I will preform the kurachi and then I will be invincable-

Eric landcasters life revolved marshal arts and sword play, for
hours he would study the way of the warror akido, krave maga,
hapki do, fencing kendo every thing in his life reloved around the
study of these princables. His parents were glad about his activitys
they couldent be around due to work and there childs interests made
him so disaplend his father once remarked that he almost raised himself.

Then one day in practise Eric discovered his sonic speed powers his teacher
was horrified as was the rest of his class. For Eric it was the greatist day of
his life. He assumed his powers had spung from his training he then told his
parents they more or less disowned him on the spot.

Eric was not upset in the least he assumed his parents were doing this so
he could become a true swordsman. He spent his frist night of homelessness
in the public libary were a section of a book he was reading told of the
Kurachi the ulitment marshal arts move a move of such absolute speed that
the human eye cant see it.

Eric Renamed himself Impetus moved to century station and started his
spiritual quest to gain the Kurachi

NEXt NAMe

Mike halafax
acreRake
Hero

Mike Halifax

Recently the doomsday cult known as the Angelwrath Covenant located, excavated and revived their founder and master the being known as Avenging Angel Araquiel. Defeated in 1871 (October 8 ) by a young Mary O’Leary* and an apprentice timelord (a mutant cow) while attempting (successfully) to burn the ‘sinful’ city to the ground, he was trapped in a tunnel which caved in on him. Since his revival he has set again to punishing the wicked (as he sees them). He is aided by his cult which, though not as powerful as it has sometimes been throughout history, is steadily growing in numbers and power.

Never content to bide his time to build up strength, Araquiel has of course launched several attacks against groups of sinners of particular offensiveness to him (he slaughtered a large group of Hell’s Angels, and attacked a meeting of the Worshipers of the Potato). He was discovered and chased away by a group of superheroes™ who have become ever more troublesome to him and his followers.

Araquiel has attempted to even the odds a bit by recruiting “righteous” superbeings and creating mighty minions of his own. Mike is one of the latter.

Mike Halifax was a zealot without a cause, angry and violent, hopeful and utopian. He has been a rock-solid Angelwrath member for several years. Hand picked by Araquiel himself, has undergone an ancient ritual granting him amazing powers.

Experiment (Nazarite)
Supernatural PS
Extraordinary endurance
Side effect: Hair growth stimulated (x3)
Power By Association: if Mike ever cuts, or has his hair cut, he will be rendered powerless until it grows back.
Skills: ‘On the Job’: Physical program and Basic Military Program.

*Through the Glass Darkly, page 89
Last edited by acreRake on Fri Jan 21, 2005 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
acreRake
Hero

New name: Dadblast.

Breif note on Halifax:
HALIFAX
(origin: Sax. Local) From the city of Halifax, in Yorkshire, England, so called from Halig, holy, and faex, hair--holy hair
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

Grunt Master 9000 is the sidekick of Anime America. He has lesser version of A.A.'s powers.

next name:
Baron Badass
"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level, then beat you with experience."
BookWyrm
Champion

Baron Badass (or, when a small-timer goes big-time too fast, too soon)

Carlton "The Tagger" Tayber was a small-time legbreaker for the local mob. Not terribly bright, but he had more sense than his fellow low-grade enforcers (he knew enough not to break the rules) and made a pretty good living hiring himself out as a freelance thug and bouncer for some of the more mobbed-up nightclubs.
One night, he got a call to do a night's work at The Iron Heel, a notorious super-villian bar & club. Things were going fine for a while, and Tayber's size & imposing nature did much to keep the rank & file out of the club......
Until a fight broke out between two supercrooks, The Malevolent and Ms. Carrier.
{Sidenote--the two had married early in their careers and the divorce was less than amicable}
The fight tore up the club, and when the bouncers stepped in, they were flung aside like flies. Tayber got back up, stood between the tow as they were about to unleash massive energies at each other, and told them to take the fight outside.
The couple blasted Tayber instead. Tayber ended up smashed into the wall, and inset by about 3 inches.
But Tayber got back up, stomped over to the feuding couple, and smacked them down.
Since then, Tayber, now dubbed 'Baron Badass' by the surviving witnesses, has polevaulted up the supercriminal ladder and now writes his own ticket.

Baron Badass
Miscreant
Mutant, 5th level
Powers- Battle Rage, Criminal Intuition, Gun Limb & Invulnerability
Usually wears a domino mask, black pants & shoes, and a black t-shirt with some variant of his name on it ("That's BARON Badass to you!", "Baron Badass' Gym--Your pain, my gain.", ect.).

Next up is -- Templar Teusday
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
The Narrator
D-Bee

Unread post by The Narrator »

Templar Tuesday...

Ah yes... Very good. I've got it.

Ricky Schiver (Pronounced "Skie ver") was, like many other american boys in his age group, a dedicated computer addict. On his shiny new computer (a christmas present, Pentium 166 MMX, with a Rage 3D card) He played games. It started off innocently enough, Wolfenstein 3D, and moved on with the Commander Keen series, Ultima V, VI, VII, Then Doom and Doom II, ROTD, Finally Hexen, and then Warcraft II. Ah, In 1997, he got Starcraft, and finally got to the point where he considered the zerg to be kind of like mindless little destructive pets.

Well, One night after a long bout of playing with an ouija board, There was a flash. Ricky had actually conjured forth a spirit. The spirit was a fragment of a rogue "Trragh' Gill'ivast'rra" Intelligence. Those knowing Megaversal Lore would recognize these intelligences as rather annoying beings, who loved pranks. Well, this Trragh went and bestowed Ricky with some powers, and asked him what he'd want to be able to transform into...
-------------------------------------------------
Mystic Bestowed powers, roughly equivalent to a Mega Hero.
Currently at 2nd Level

Minor Psychic, with Telemechanics, Object Read, Telemechanic machine Control, Empathy, and Telepathy.
ISP: 55

+4 to save vs psionics and or mind control/mental stun

Must Transform to Use The Following Powers:

Intangibility, Healing Factor (Special Case: The two powers are linked, so that he becomes intangible when he transforms. He also has bluish 'shadows' or 'trails' that follow him when he moves. Finally, he heals damage faster)

PSI Sword (Special, functions 3 levels higher than normal, and he can conjure 2 swords at once)

-----------------------------------------------

Ricky can make himself look like a Dark Templar from the StarCraft expansion "Brood War". He floats around, and can't move too fast, but he has been able to get up to a speed of 30 for 11 minutes (that's his Physical Endurance)

He did manage to bust up some thugs who were accosting some old lady, the cops on the seen didn't know quite how to react when they arrived... Ricky just looked at them, and telepathically said in a VERY dramatic and synthesized voice "Entaro Adun, Justicators! These wayward Youths have been stopped, you may take them for justice."

One Cop just looked and asked "Who are you?"

At a loss for words, and realising that he'd not put any thought into the name for himself... "I am Templar Tuesday"

Ever Since, he has regretted that. As an afterthought, going by "The Templar" or even just "Templar" would have been cooler sounding.

The Next Name: Hare Crashna :D
---------------------------------------------------------------

Word out to my homeeeez, Baron Clogg, Q99, Zen, Trent, R Ditto, NMI (who I almost was ready to start gaming with, until I got deployed), and everyone at the citadel of Spam
Officially narrating: various and sundry forms of nonsense.
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

Hare chrashna

Hare chrashna was always a speed freak then one day
she gained wingless flight, force aura, and rocket fists

life hasnt been the same since

Emoticon
The Narrator
D-Bee

36 syllables!!! THAT's IT! Cherico, I now know why you've attained top 10 poster status! Each post is little more than a bump. Baron Von Clogg, I thank you for you more dignified response.

Creativity is the key here! Take some time, make a background, that's what it's about. And a name like Hare Crashna! That just BEGS for a mystic oriented response, or at the least some idiot speed freak who shouts "For Justice! (rama-rama)"
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

sorry about that :(

so you going to give a responce to
the barron?
BookWyrm
Champion

Emoticon

Sarah Jessep was born with a rare neurological disorder, she is unable to experience emotions. This has left her with a clinicaly analytical mind, unencumbered by social attchments, but little remains of her humanity. Given the fact that she also has some psychic talents, doesn't exactly assist her.
She was tagged with the nickname "Emoticon" as a joke by some of her co-workers.

Emoticon
Scrupulous (but is the Doc Feral version--clinical, sterile, and devoid of most empathic connotations)
4th level Psychic, Latent
Psionics - Calm Rage, Detect Psionics, Mask ISP & Psionics, Mimic Skills, Alter Aura, Mind Block, Presence Sense, Telepathy, Bio-Regeneration-Self, Suppress Fear

Sorry to make this one short, I'm still fighting a nasty cold & couldn't think of anything else.

Up next -- HighScore
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
The Narrator
D-Bee

Hiscore

Yeah, Mike always loved electronics junk... whether it was the latest new toy, or the greatest video game, he just seemed to have an affinity with machines...

A child prodigy, with a propensity for complex math, a love of computers, and a passion for science, Mike Roberlo showed promise in his early years of school. However, the school system failed him, as it couldn't keep his interest. It's not their fault, they didn't have the resources to put together the top-notch programs required for intelligent youths. Few schools do.

So Mike kept himself entertained. He taught himself electronics, and computer programming. These things are available on the web, on chatrooms, and over the Ham Radio, where some of these guys have forgotten more electronics than you or I will ever learn...

Mutant abilities didn't smack into Mike, they just kinda grew. Mechano link was fully developed by the time he was 14, and when he realised just what it meant... disaster struck.

ATMs use computers to dispense money... easy prey. Arcade Games use computers to do everything that they do... Arcade Games. Arcade Games.

Destroying Tekken Tag Tournament, and every Street Fighter contest or Mortal Kombat Matchup he could get his hands on, Mike has become known in the Arcades as Mr. High Score. Obliterating opponents profusely in Soul Calibre, and whaling the pants off everyon at Time Crisis, he's achieved geek-cult status, and has a small group of followers.

If someone finds him in time, He could become an upstanding member of society. More likely, he'll become a video game designer and make cash that way. Still, he has taken to feeling like ATMs belong to him, and that could have dire consequences if it continues...

Next Name: (this one is actually from a character I made but never got to play... Oh yeah baby)

The Pink Flamingo! (heh, you do the math)
khyron1144
Explorer
Comment: Everyone's a super hero; Everyone's a Captain Kirk

Unread post by khyron1144 »

Pigskin
Alien- powered alien
Humanoid animal- porcine appearance (if it isn't on the books I'll stat it up and post it later) (hence the pig)
Heavy Gravity Environment
Bio-armor (hence the skin)
Extraordinary PP
Wingless Flight
A native of a despoiled planet he was rocketed to Earth in hopes of finding a better life. He has become an environmentally conscious superhero in order to save our planet from becoming a total pig sty.

New name: purple-monkey-dishwasher
This is indeed a disturbing universe.

First there is a mountain. Then there is no mountain. Then there is.

As ninety-nine red balloons go by.
acreRake
Hero

DevastationBob wrote:Grunt Master 9000 is the sidekick of Anime America. He has lesser version of A.A.'s powers.

next name:
Baron Badass
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
You just made my day!

[And yes, 'Humanoid Pig' is 'on the books', as you say]
BookWyrm
Champion

Purple-Monkey-Dishwasher

The benelovent alien C'lasih-Dthaliul soft-landed in Central Park three months ago, and although the US Govt. was swift to cover up this, a few humans were witness to this extraordinary event. When one human asked the alien his name, C'lasih's translator malfunctioned, translating his normal name (which means "Wise and intelligent explorer") into the unfortunate gobbeldegook of "Purple-Monkey-Dishwasher." Admitted to the UN as Earth's first public ET, C'lasih has weathered the embarrassment of the mistake with magnificent grace.

Purple-Monkey-Dishwasher aka C'lasih-Dthaliul
5th level Alien
Scrupulous
Familiarity with Earth--90% (watched Terran TV transmissions on his way here)
Appears completely human, except for the antennae and lidless solid black eyes.

Up next -- S.P.I.D.E.R.
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

The Secret Operative known as S.P.I.D.E.R. is our hero. We love him, even though our enemies want to get rid of and step on S.P.I.D.E.R. Stopping S.P.I.D.E.R. is their topmost priority. He is our hero.

18th level secret operative. Whatever S.P.I.D.E.R. stands for is known only to the president and his secret council of mysterious affairs.

next name:
Dr. Worm
BookWyrm
Champion

Dev, something tells me you got a touch of inspiration from the They Might Be Giants song......
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

:shock: Worm Juice? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA (gasp)

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
BookWyrm
Champion

Koala Kewtie (or, What you DON'T do to get a local shaman mad at you)

Sheila Kanarsie, a born & bred Ausie girl, never really spent any time in her country's Outback reagon, until her company's real-estate division asked her to check out a plot of land that nobody wanted. Rumors had it that it was cursed, watched over my a powerful Aborigine shaman that wanted nothing to do with the whites. She, being the very modern woman that she was, ignored these rumors and set out to find this plot.
After nearly a week of mishaps to get there, Sheila finally arrived at the plot. And standing right there was the shaman. She asked him why he was defending such a worthless strip of land out in the middle of nowhere. He said she would have to answer that for her self, and promptly cursed her. Now, under the terms of the curse, she must spend the day as a female koala and the night as her human self, until she understand the shaman's position. And Sheila is determined to prove the shaman wrong.

Koala Kewtie (the nickname she received in high school)
4th level Mysticaly Bestowed abilities
Animal Metamorphosis--Koala bear, Enhanced Leaping, Sleeplessness + HTH-Expert

(note, when Sheila transforms, whatever clothing she was wearing is quickly forgotten by her whn in bear form, and she is completely naked when back in human form....and doesn't remember being in Koala form.)

Up next is -- BioVore
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
BookWyrm
Champion

*bump*
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

BioVore

" mister face meet mr rose whip"

Bio Vore I like that name belive it or not I got it off cerial box
hand me a smoke baby cakes

yea thats the stuff

so you want me to take care of your hero problem?

yea Im hip to that just hand over the cash half now
half when the missions over.

Bio Vore

Powers grows with age and experence
level 15

APS wood, Bio armor, plant control
bend light, super human streanth, extrodinary PP, lighting reflexes

Bio Vore is one of the worlds best assans hes killed kings, primisinsters
and top superheroes. His powers over plants is ledindary.

Next name

Angel fall
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Angle Fall

Josie Angel was your typical average girl who'd had one too many guys do her wrong. After the deaths of her mother when she was 10, she was abused by her father. Her only escape were her boyfriends who only used her, then tossed her or kept her on a string. On the eve of her 18th birthday, she caught her boyfriend in bed with another woman. She ran from his house, only to get to her house to find her father in a drunken stupor. He lifted her hand to hit her. His hand never found it's mark. Before it hit, it was stopped mid point by an unseen force. A moment later he was layed flat, motionless. In a fright she ran from her house, and hid. The days to come, found her having a horrid rash on her back. Soon, wings has sprouted from the rash, and now, a strange halo hung over her head. Having (she believed, but it was actually a stun) murdered her father, she couldn't go home, and no where to go, she used her new found powers to work petty crimes to sustain herself. Her depression and her hatred of men have made her a dangerous person (only if your a guy). She's also recently aquired a new 'friend' who had near the same problem. Together Angel Fallen and Burr Neice have walked a life of crime paved with the bodies of men. (children, and women don't have anything to fear from the couple)

Mutant: Odditie: Dark blue hair.

Powers: Flight winged, mental stun, hightened sense of touch, Create force field (when this power is not in use, a bluish halo overs over her head)

next: Burr Neice.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
acreRake
Hero

Burr Niece

Mutation runs in Bernice Felt’s family, though she never knew it until her own powers manifested. She, her mother and her mother’s brother and their father all share the same set of powers: Alter Physical Structure: Ice, Healing Factor and Body (ice) Weapons. None have any mutant traits.

Her mother spent her childhood under the tortuous hands of a brutal father and sadistic brother (her own mother having died when she was young in a horrible “accident”). As an adult, she continued to play out her role, attracting violent angry men (most of whom find a trait like “healing factor” very attractive.)

Needless to say Bernie’s young life was chaotic and traumatic. Her father was gone before she was old enough to remember him. And she never met any of her other relatives until the fateful week when her powers emerged. One morning she woke up frozen to her bed. Quickly realizing she was a mutant, she decided to hide her powers, but temptation overcame her a few days later when she filled the principals office with snow and later caused a carload of loud-mouthed football players to slide of the road on a sheet of black ice.

The night after that, when she got home, her mother was nowhere to be found (as usual) but as she was getting ready for bed she realized there was someone else in the house. She ran for the door, but a thick wall of ice crystallized across it. Similarly the telephone, furniture walls and windows glazed over with ice.

FreezяBurrn chuckled when he saw from her face how effective his entrance had been. He removed his mask and introduced himself as her long lost uncle. He explained that he had heard about her recent stunts and assured her that if she had the power he thought she did, she could forget about her weakling mother and the horrors of public school and join the family business. They were gone in less than an hour.

Bernice’s uncle took her to his “lair,” taught her how to use her powers and, before long, had beaten her frightfully, [edit*]ed her and sat back to laugh and watch her heal. When she recovered enough to move she attacked him but was quickly subdued and hacked up to within an inch of her life.

After that she feigned servility and endured his abuse while he invented a persona for her (renaming her, caking her with black makeup, and dressing her in a leather bikini) introduced her to his contacts, and planned and executed robberies, extortion and other crimes.

She began taking all drugs she could get her hands on. Uncle Freez thought it was hilarious: the “excess of youth”. Secretly, though, she was testing the limits of her healing factor. Eventually, her dear uncle unwittingly imbibed a toxic cocktail that would probably have killed him, but, just to be sure, she cut off his head, and spit in his neck.

She took her uncle’s heavy plasma cannon and burned his lair to the ground.

Next up: The Sickness

*just in case...
BookWyrm
Champion

The Sickness

Theo Palison was a virologist (a scientist who studied the mysteries of viruses, diseases and other illnesses) who worked for the US Government's new sub-division of the CDC, one set up to identify and combat the new super-viruses that were being designed by various supervillians & other not so friendly countries. Dr. Palison's work was intstrumental in creating the vaccine for the effects of what the media dubbed "The Twister", an artifically altered virus that literally twisted it's victims into human knots. Palison knew he would not be officially recognized for this, but that was not his concern. Helping humanity was.
Palison was on the verge of a monumental breakthrough when terrorists discovered the lab's location and attempted to steal the lab's stock of virulent diseases. In the clash between the security forces and the terrorists, several explosions damaged the lab, and Palison was blown back into one of the sample cases, exposing him to a number of visciously aggressive compounds.
Palison was rushed to immediate lockdown, his body desperately trying to ward off a very messy death. The government attempted to use everything at their disposal to save him. Radiation, chemicals, even a freelance wizard was called in. Palison was locked in a coma, somewhere between life and death.
Until two months ago.
The effects of all those diseases has warped Palison's mind, to the point where he sees everything as infected, and that he is the only cure to the plague that is living humanity.
His nickname come from the last question asked by Kati Zheng of KTXR News, when she boldly confronted Palison with "Why?". His reply--"I am the sickness that plagues all mankind."

The Sickness
6th level Experiment
Alignment-Diabolic
Powers-Corrosive Sweat, Horror Factor, Venomous Attack, Chemical Secretion
Palison is dressed in the tatters of his lab coat, pants and shirt, his face & body looking like a cadaverous nightmare.

Up next -- Eerie Angel
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

The chain gang

SHELL BULLET OF REVENGE

SHELL BULLET OF INSANITY

SHELL BULLET OF uh JUST DIE NOW

these sayings are comon amount the lone hate filled
villain known as the chain gang

In the begining Chain gang was a mutiant with some psyic powers
he wasnt exacly a power house and it irked him alot and so he traveled
to the city of century station to look for the creator. He quickly joined
the cult and vonetered for three injections...

Unfortantly the halicone flaw emediatly manifested and knocked him out
for six mounths, after his six mounth coma the Chain found him self powerless
and so for another six mouths he worked as a jainitor to pay for his medical bills
Then after those bills were payed off his powers and by this I mean his full new powers
manifested it was time for him to become a full time super villain and low that is what
he became.

Powers

Energy doppleganger- his oringnal power
Mulitble beings
matter expulsion metal
alter limbs

minors
charge object with explosive energy
bend light

Psi powers
telekinesis
Clarvoyance
telepathy
empathy
mind block

OCC MEGA MUTANT
level 5

NEXT NAME
Uni Auxillary
BookWyrm
Champion

Uni Auxilliary

Ben Kaperon was an only child. He hated being an only child. He knew his parents couldn't have any other children (his mom has a rare condition that made even her first pregnancy life-threatening), and they wouldn't adopt. Ben had a pretty good childhood, he had friends, significant others, allies, but nothing that would fill the gap of a sibling.

Ben's mutant powers emerged before his 15th birthday, when a gang of toughs were beating up one of Ben's friends and he wished he were many people at once. The combination of stress, adrenaline and desire to help catalyzed his powers & activated them. 30 yards away from the fight, he broke into a run, only one man. 15 yards away, he was two. The toughs were driven off, and the duplicate re-absorbed by Ben, and Ben realised what he could do.

Now, 10 years later, as Uni-Auxiliary ("One Force"), he does what he can in his neighborhood. He knows he has someone to back him up no matter what, even if it is himself.

Uni-Auxilliary
5th level Mutant
Unusual chracteristic--last two toes on both feet are fused (birth defect)
Powers--Multiple Beings/Selves, Bokworm, Extraordinary PP, Iron Will
Ben wears normal clothes, but carries a domino-mask for quick action.

and now -- Nova Travesty
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Prince Cherico
Hero
Ayn Rand

Alice wonder land is a new drug hiting the streets

this drug is famous for giving the user a bref bost of psyic
power so far the drugs use has been limited to the east cost.

The effects of the drug

grab 3 minor psy powers one from each catogory
Give the user 40 ISP
when the ISP is gone every thing else is gone as well

side effects long term use will cause a loss of ME
one me is lost for every 3 years of use

NEXT NAME

Love and rockets
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

>>Totally different direction than I was thinking: I'd probably have gone for something like Growth, Shrink, and maybe Gateways or something trippy like Holographic Memory Projection

I think that's what makes this such a fun little game. You have an idea, someone else comes up with a different one, one you probably never would have thought of...and boom...much fun to be had.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
DevastationBob
Dungeon Crawler

The King of Swing is Anime America's archnemesis. He is the polar opposite of Anime America and conversely, his powers are the mirror opposite. Truly a potent menace.

next name:
Entity Zero

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”