Favorite Kill

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tags
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The problem with world is all the people.

Favorite Kill

Unread post by Tags »

Well one of the players in our group was proud of killing someone with a fire hydrant in another game... And he commented that would be tough to over come.

Well not sure if this kill would be spectacula however in our Coalition campaign a Kreegor and some flunkies crashed on earth, and our team had to stop em. I dropped down on top of the ship, buried in the ground... and since our team is undercover I was in a wild weale (sp?) I reach through the hatch and planted a heavy fusion block to the kreggor's ass, luckily he had a shiled so our GM said it contained the blast... Maybe not creative nut funny.

So any kills you guys are proud of?
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

I've never successfully killed any supernatural being in the Game of Rifts. They always get away somehow and I never can find them again. :-(
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Thinyser
Knight
Comment: "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that."
~George Carlin

Unread post by Thinyser »

Our group killed a Bal-rog... our plan, decided between the two nightbane in the group?: "You hold down the bal-rog and I'll get him... Ready?"
*Nods*
"GO!"

1 hour (out of game time) of melee (about 5 rounds in game) later we decapitated him with about 5 successive hacks to the neck with the chainsaw hands of the other nightbane and a natural 20 from the psi-sword of the mind melter as my nightbane restrained him with webbing over the face to blind him and my 8 legs restraining his limbs and wings.

The diabolist made a killing off of the bones and the permanance wards he made out of them, plus we had a pretty well intact bal-rog head as a trophy!
"We live in a world where people use severed plant genitals to express affection.
Rifts is really not much weirder than that." ~~Killer Cyborg

"If we let technical problems scare us away from doing anything, humanity would still be in the trees flinging poo at each other."~~Killer Cyborg

"Everything that breeds is a threat."~~Killer Cyborg
asajosh
Hero

Unread post by asajosh »

Once had a titan juicer beat a CS grunt to death with another grunt. :D
Be at peace, my people. All shall be looked up.
Carl Gleba wrote:My original line of thinking goes along with asajosh...
Carl

Jesterzzn wrote:So just remember that its just the internet, and none of our opinions matter anyway, and you'll do fine. :)
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

My archer, Basil, was shooting vamps with arrows when one charged in for melee.
Basil managed to stake the incoming vamp with his (indestructable) longbow.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

In a Robotech game, killed a Zentraedi re-entry pod with a volley of proton torpedoes.

Called shot on the engines and a Nat-20 later the pod and all the TBPs in it fall to the ground from 25 miles up.*boom*

GM just stared at me with an expression of astonishment and frustration. :lol:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

A good ways back I had a character kill a goon in Bushman body armor with nothing more than an SDC bowie knife! "How" you may ask? I talked the GM into believing that though his armor was MDC, the straps that held it together and on the goon's person were SDC, thus allowing me to cut it off. :D

I don't think I could get away with that today.
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Well, its not Palladium...but we were playing a fantasy game that will not be mentioned...

Anyway, there was a ritual going on and in order to stop it, we had to destroy a crystal ball. This would have been the climax scene of any movie. My buddy had one arrow left and he walked into the room filled with undead. He pulled back the bow...rolled...natural 20! We all exploded in cheer and the GM decided the crystal ball shattered and the ritual was stopped.

Then we had to deal with hordes of undead though...I lost one of my chracters that night :(
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

I was GMing, this was back in High School so it happened about 10 years ago, a anti-vampire Rifts game that had a Ley Line Walker, a Were-Panther, and a Undead Slayer.

After a vicious and grueling fight the LL Walker was dead, the Were-Panther was out cold, and the Undead Slayer had been blinded (eyes clawed out). Luckily for them there was only one vamp left, unluckily for them it was the Master. As the GM I thought that the Master was the type of creature that would enjoy playing with its food, especially when he had them at such a disadvantage. During the Master's mocking monolouge (sp?) the blinded Undead Slayer announce that she can't stand to listen to the pompous jerk any longer and attempts to stake him. Of course as GM I don't think the player has a chance (especially since the penalties for blindness are -9 to strike/parry/dodge with no bonuses included). To the groups surprise the player rolled a natural twenty (an automatic success) and the Master rolled a natural 1 (an automatic failure according to the palladium rules)! It is the one gaming event that is still mentioned when we get together all these years later.
Larsen
Adventurer

Unread post by Larsen »

my favorite has got to be when there were us four vagabonds vs 1 secondary vampire. One of us drove a van into him from behind and pinned him to a wall. then the other three of us tried to cut off his head or throw water at him. (we didn't have any lores and found out water hurt him and hoped beheading him would work.)
Question with boldness even the existence of a God; because, if there be one, he must more approve of the homage of reason than that of blindfolded fear. -Thomas Jefferson
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

My favorite kill was when my Biform Orca was roaming around with the group and we came across an Hydra. It wasn't adult but it attacked, so my Biform Killer Whale beat it too death with his bare hands.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Had a character who was a deomolitions expert and the team was assigned to take out a factory - we half snuck / half fought our way in, wired the place, fought our way out . .. we get clear of the structure and my demolitions guy reaches into his pocket and pulls out what looks like the remote locking key fob from a car, he presses the button - the "woop-woop" car locking noise is heard and then the building gets blown all to hell.

The other players were looking at me trying to figure out if that was the coolest or lamest move ever.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Pack of vampires with their boss(master vampire) in a mine shaft...with a Water Elemental....

The expression on the bloodsucker superior's face just moments before he and his pack got 'the straight flush' was priceless....

And in a Phaseworld campaign I had to take over another player's character in mid-game, so while I struggled to become familiar with the felinoid PC, the joke was that the character in question had gotten drunk and wasn't acting like himself....almost immediately the group got into a running gunfight with pursuing bandits while I'm still struggling to make out the annotation on the guy's gamesheet while the PC is staggering out into the street and into bumper-to-bumper traffic....I have the presence of mind to pull my gun out and slump behind a grounded vehicle and absently toss off a shot to keep the pursuers' heads down...Natural 20....Boom, the guy's head explodes....the rest of the gang goes to ground and trades shots with the rest of the party with little in the way of results...I pull off another shot....another natural 20...another head explodes......By this time the rest of the party's looking at me....My appropriated PC staggers up and fires again....ANOTHER critical hit!....THird ganger goes down sans skull....the gang finally freaks and runs....The rest of the party looks at me in goggle-eyed astonishment at this drunken marksmanship...

I have NEVER rolled so well since...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------

Return to “Rifts®”