Where are the space warlock spells from Three Galaxies?

Dimension Books & nothing but..

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Where are the space warlock spells from Three Galaxies?

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

In the Three Galaxies book, it states that Space magic and some other things are somewhere in the Cutting Room Floor, or elsewhere in the Palladium site... so, where?
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
Dr. Doom III
Knight

Re: Where are they...?

Unread post by Dr. Doom III »

Vrykolas2k wrote:In the Three Galaxies book, it states that Space magic and some other things are somewhere in the Cutting Room Floor, or elsewhere in the Palladium site... so, where?

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
***Posting of articles does not imply endorsement of such***
cornholioprime
Palladin
Comment: At long last....I am FINALLY free of my wonderful addiction to the online Flash game "Bloons."
Well, mostly.....
Location: In the Hivelands with General Jericho Holmes, taking advantage of suddenly stupid Xiticix...

Unread post by cornholioprime »

Vrykolas2k wrote:In the Three Galaxies book, it states that Space magic and some other things are somewhere in the Cutting Room Floor, or elsewhere in the Palladium site... so, where?
One of the latest Rifters.
The Kevinomicon, Book of Siembieda 3:16.

16 Blessed art Thou above all others, O COALITION STATES, beloved of Kevin;

17 For Thou art allowed to do Evil without Limit, nor do thy Enemies retaliate.

18 Thy Military be run by Fools and Dotards.

19 Yet thy Nation suffers not. Praise be unto Him that protects thee from all harm!!
Dr. Doom III
Knight

cornholio wrote:One of the latest Rifters.

That's not them.
"If liberty means anything at all, it means the right to tell people what they do not want to hear."
-George Orwell
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

As has been stated the last five times this topic was posted, they remain in limbo, and have yet to be published either on the Palladium Books site or the Rifter.

Perhaps if we ask nicely we might get Carl to lobby vociferously for their release, but I'm not sure if even that would help...
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Esckey
Adventurer

Unread post by Esckey »

Could he just post them and get it stickied? Or would that break somesorta copywrite thingy?
God says he loves me, but I suspect he's just in it for the sex

Never underestimate someone as insane as I am

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it

"Come Filthy Assistants!!"- Spider Jerusalem
Syndicate
Adventurer

Unread post by Syndicate »

My best guess would be limbo...
"What began as a gathering, ended as an organization."
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Some other topics on the matter:

viewtopic.php?t=25241

viewtopic.php?t=29400

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Angryjack wrote:the space travel spells DID exist in Rifter, #5 ... I think
where they covered the spatial mage. maybe Carl Gleba sniffed glue or something when he forgot to mention that.

They are not the same spells.
-George Orwell
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Yep, entirely different spells, entirely different spellcasting classes that uses them, and entirely different authors.

I have a sneaking suspicion the Space Warlock spells may ultimately wind up somewhere in Dan Bishop's United Worlds of Warlock book...

Vrykolas2k
Champion

I got stickied.
I feel special...
:rose:
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Dr. Doom III
Knight

Vrykolas2k wrote:I got stickied.
I feel special...

Like the kids on the short bus? :)
-George Orwell
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Dr. Doom III wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:I got stickied.
I feel special...

Like the kids on the short bus? :)

Or when I was in the army riding the short helicopter... :-P

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

unlocked. didnt know it was locked.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Carl Gleba
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: Lord of Chaos!

Update July 2006

Unread post by Carl Gleba »

NMI, thank you for unlocking the thread.

Just an update for those who are interested. The space spells from the original Three Galaxies have been included in the latest Phase World book I've been working on. Book three in the Minion War series. In fact the number of spells is double that from what was originally submitted in Three Galaxies!

Carl
Last edited by Carl Gleba on Tue Apr 17, 2007 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ImageImage
bathawk
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by bathawk »

As refreshing as this news is, I hope this dosen't men United Worlds of Warlock has been canned
Carl Gleba

bathawk wrote:As refreshing as this news is, I hope this dosen't men United Worlds of Warlock has been canned

Last we heard the manuscript was back in the hands of the author for some tweaking. I have no idea of its present status and hope to see it myself.

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

darkmax wrote:hope we get something for phase world soon. there has been a long dry Phase World spell going on in Palladium.

That would be book three in the Minion War series. Hopefully due out early next year.

Carl
ImageImage
Carl Gleba

darkmax wrote:Sigh... wasn't the UWW slated to come out before the end of this year?!

That was handed back to the author to make some changes. I don't know if the manuscript is completed or back in Palladium's hands.

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Re: Update July 2006

Unread post by DhAkael »

Carl Gleba wrote:NMI, thank you for unlocking the thread.

Just an update for those who are interested. The space spells from the original Three Galaxies have been included in the latest Phase World book I've been working on. Book three in the Minion War series. In fact the number of spells is double that from what was originally submitted in Three Galaxies!

Carl

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Carl

Oh.
Goody.
Not to gripe, but... 'twould be nice if things could get published in the books they're advertised. I'll stop there, lest I voice a list of complaints.
At any rate, I really had/ have little interest in Minion Wars, but perhaps I'll check it out anyway... simply because I like what you've written thus far.

Carl Gleba

Vrykolas2k wrote:

Carl

Oh.
Goody.
Not to gripe, but... 'twould be nice if things could get published in the books they're advertised. I'll stop there, lest I voice a list of complaints.
At any rate, I really had/ have little interest in Minion Wars, but perhaps I'll check it out anyway... simply because I like what you've written thus far.

Cool :ok:

Thanks for the kind words. Just an FYI, if you're just interested in the Three Galaxies material you don't need Hades or Dyval. The overall Minion War plot does go through all of the books, but each is meant to stand alone. So while I'll hope people will buy the whole series one book is not dependent on the other for play.

Carl
ImageImage
Vrykolas2k
Champion

Carl Gleba wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

Carl

Oh.
Goody.

Cool :ok:

Thanks for the kind words. Just an FYI, if you're just interested in the Three Galaxies material you don't need Hades or Dyval. The overall Minion War plot does go through all of the books, but each is meant to stand alone. So while I'll hope people will buy the whole series one book is not dependent on the other for play.

Carl

Thank you for that heads-up.

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Justin Time the 4D Man wrote:I use the Space Magic from Rifter #10.

So do I..but they are all way to expensive for most practical applications, far too few spells to be useful for a dedicated space-mage, and well..most of them are levels 5 & up (thus making them impossible for most starting PC's to ever use).

Yet again another case of "Game Ballance" being used as an excuse to make a great concept utterly useless for most players.

Leaves of the lotus rise

Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

OMG - I got to play a Space Warlock at the Open House in Carl's Phase World game! The Space spells utterly rock and I had great fun tossing down some serious whammage. You will love them. Check out my Open House thread for some spoilers.
Carl Gleba

Justin Time the 4D Man wrote:Can't wait to see them. I hate to ask, but when should we expect to see the UWW book? The UWW is probably my favorite thing about Phase World.

I haven't heard anything about this myself in a while. I "think" it may still be in the hands of the author, but I could be wrong.

Spinachcat wrote:OMG - I got to play a Space Warlock at the Open House in Carl's Phase World game! The Space spells utterly rock and I had great fun tossing down some serious whammage. You will love them. Check out my Open House thread for some spoilers.

Thanks Spinachcat, you caught me off guard (which was cool) when you cast that Meteor Swarm spell. I forgot what it could do :shock: and you played it well :ok: It will be interesting to see if it makes it through the editing process :D

Carl
ImageImage
OrionPrime
D-Bee

Unread post by OrionPrime »

Spinachcat wrote:OMG - I got to play a Space Warlock at the Open House in Carl's Phase World game! The Space spells utterly rock and I had great fun tossing down some serious whammage. You will love them. Check out my Open House thread for some spoilers.

where is that post... i would like to read about those spells
Aramanthus
Monk

Unread post by Aramanthus »

I have to admit I'd love to see the list to draw upon space spells.
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

"As you will it, your Grace."

HH....FIE
Carl Gleba

OrionPrime wrote:

where is that post... i would like to read about those spells

I think these maybe the posts in question.

Hell comes to Phase World® and the Three Galaxies™

[url=http://forums.palladium-megaverse.com/viewtopic.php?t=74027&highlight=]Spinachcat's Open House Review
[/url]

Sorry as much as I would love to go into detail on the space spells they are in Palladium's hands now and technically their property.

Carl
ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

I can't wait to see those new spells!
"Your Grace," she said, "I have only one question. Do you wish this man crippled or dead?"

"My Lady," the protector of Grayson told his Champion, "I do not wish him to leave this chamber alive."

HH....FIE
Carl Gleba

Just a little interesting update. I've been editing Dimensional Outbreak after having received some feedback from Kevin. I cleaned up a few things here and there in the manuscripts. While going through the Space Spells I got an idea for another one :lol: So much from trimming the manuscript :D

Carl
ImageImage
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Carl Gleba wrote:Just a little interesting update. I've been editing Dimensional Outbreak after having received some feedback from Kevin. I cleaned up a few things here and there in the manuscripts. While going through the Space Spells I got an idea for another one :lol: So much from trimming the manuscript :D

Carl

AAAARRRRRGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH!
Just tell him to get the darn book out already! :x :? :eek: :D

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

It'll be out soon enough! And then we'll have those space spells.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Actually DhAkael created his own maps. You could always email him and ask him if you could get a copy of each one. They are very nice!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

With all of the people working on books hopefully that one will see the light of day soon enough!

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

Re: Where are the space warlock spells from Three Galaxies?

Hi LordVarandus! Actually this particular thread is not just about the "Three Galaxies", but more specifically about space magic. Someone mentioned in the past that they were working them for release by Palladium Books in the future. I think it was Cark Gleba, but I could be mistaken.

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

As long as you have access to a TARDIS you are never stuck in a limbo! :D

HH....FIE
Aramanthus
Monk

We can still hope that those darn spells well make it out someday. We could always work on our own. Just a thought.

HH....FIE
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

well'p
Looks like JUNE is now the date that we can expect the Space Magic material to show up.
Um, wasn't this material supposed to be given out for FREE on the cutting room floor...2 years ago?
Or at least in a rifter article of errata?
Yes, I know I'm reiterating, but (censored for 20 minute long Samuel L. Jackson style expletive laden rant) this is ridiculous! :badbad: :badbad: :badbad: :badbad: :badbad:

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

Maybe a letter writting campaign to Palladium might be order to get that done. Or else we start a new thread with unofficial Warlock magic to be listed.

HH....FIE
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Do NOT frakkin tempt me... state I'm in I'd say a lot I'd regret later on

Leaves of the lotus rise

Carl Gleba

I'm working on it I promise :angel: Plus I added more spells to boot. :wink:

If all goes according to plan they will be in Dimensional Outbreak.

Carl
ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

Cool Carl! We are so looking forward to seeing those new spells in the upcoming section of the Minion Wars.

HH....FIE
Carl Gleba

Check out the latest murmur. I knew about this for a few days and it was killing me!

Carl
ImageImage
Aramanthus
Monk

I'm glad to hear that it'll be in the Fleets book!

HH....FIE
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

same comment as the last couple of threads mentioning this; "'Bout time!!!"

Leaves of the lotus rise

Aramanthus
Monk

I know it's going to be nice to have access to them!

HH....FIE
GT
Explorer

Unread post by GT »

And now we know where they really are. :lol:
Aramanthus
Monk

I guess it was magic which brought it too us when we wanted it.

HH....FIE

Return to “Rifts®: Dimension Books”