The excitement is building

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

At least it is for me.

The Rifter® #39

We shipped out a lot of The Rifter #39. In addition to hundreds of subscribers, we sold nearly 100 copies to individuals via online sales (that’s about double the sales for a typical issue) and the initial feedback on the book starting to come in is . . . “Page turner.” “Love it!” “I’ve already seen several characters I’m going to use in my campaign.” Cool. It is a good issue. Very fun, sexy and useful. Folks were also purchasing last year’s Swimsuit issue while they were at it. They do make a nice set.

I’m also happy to report that The Rifter® subscriptions are soaring. We are almost at our old record high of 435 and I suspect we will break that number within a month or two.

We’re already plotting The Rifter® #40 because it is Wayne Smith’s and The Rifters'® TEN year anniversary at Palladium Books. A true milestone on both counts. :)

Rifts® and the Megaverse® – the Art of John Zeleznik

The book is on it’s way from the West Coast and should arrive ANY DAY now! I feel like a little kid waiting for Christmas to arrive. That’s how excited I am to start shipping this beautiful book out and hearing what you, our fans, think about it. I hope you like it. Now that we are so close to shipping (Thursday or Friday) the anticipation is making me a little nervous again. For some of you who want to see it first, we will have all editions of the art book at Gen Con too.

All our distributor sales are not in yet, but we're already at the 423 number which means we should hit 600-800 copies by the time the book ships. Conservative, but not bad, all things considered. Still waiting on the book trade too.

John Zeleznik’s sketches for the Masterwork Edition came in today. Wow, are they are sweet. All of them are nice. Some of them are spectacular. Some are pencil, some ink, some marker, all freaking amazing. I'll be placing them completely at random as John sent them. Man, this is really something. I'm so geeked I'm thinking of buying a couple myself!!! (Since John gets half the profit on these special editions containing his original art, I have to sell them all.) But then, I'm an art nut, but these books and the sketches . . . wow.

There will be a total of 197 Masterwork editions -- hardcovers with "original" artwork and something in the neighborhood of 100 are already SOLD! If you’re thinking about getting one, I would not wait too long before ordering.

Again, my thanks to John Zeleznik who did a beautiful job on design and layout for this book and especially for his willingness to include his "original" sketches as part of this very rare, unique and special offer.

The soft cover edition will ship as soon as we get them. The Masterwork Editions might have to wait till Monday or Tuesday, because I have to make time to sign and glue in the original artwork. Actually, I'll probably ship out a few dozen each of those days.

Rifts® Dimension Book 10: Hades

This book is coming along nicely and is going to be GREAT! The demons, their society, their interaction, new demons and monsters, human slaves in Hell, key locations in Hades, notable figures, the Minion War . . . all compelling material. I’m really happy with the book, though my editing and writing is going slow and I keep getting pulled away from it with other business. Sheesh. Hope to have it at Gen Con.

Speaking of which, I better get back to it.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist and Demon Wrangler
© Copyright July 18, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”