super powers and bionics

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

csyphrett
Adventurer

Unread post by csyphrett »

How much bionics are you getting? You lose your powers altogether if you have too many.
CES
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

It would be funny if you worked it nto a campaign where a character had bionics and then got the intangibility power only to have the bionics fall out because they are not organic.
(Note to self: write organic intangibility optional power)
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

gadrin wrote:
Stone Gargoyle wrote:It would be funny if you worked it nto a campaign where a character had bionics and then got the intangibility power only to have the bionics fall out because they are not organic.
(Note to self: write organic intangibility optional power)

see the Phase Medkit in the Phase World Dimension Book 2. you heal by having bullets or foreign inorganic matter turning intangible and falling out of the body.

Coolness.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Healing factor? that wouldn't affect bionics at all (as it doesn't regenerate missing pieces).

Intangibility... tough, but i'd say they just become intangible. Bionic replacements are now part of the characters "self". Besides, that's what would happen in a comic book...
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

Yeah, but technically all electronic devices are supposed to be shut off when intangible, so I always figured that included bionics. And depending on how well the bionics were put in, healing factor might push the bioinics out as foreign material.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

I wrote an alternative intangibility power that I will be posting in the New Powers thread for those who are interested.
I am really trying now to figure a way to get a bionics or robotics character to have intangibility, maybe as some form of built-in invention.
TJ_1976
Explorer

Unread post by TJ_1976 »

well pacemakers are technology and you don't die if you have one,because Bionics are internal,apart of you,i would say they still function as normal limbs,but any extras like laser or the such don't function cause at that point their function switches to external. That and when they were written is prior to rifter #37 so their is nothing about having bionics,at that point all machine where EXTERNAl....but since your playing a bionic with superpowers i am guessing your using rifter 37 dual class section.......just remember martian manhunter, ,he has taken cyborg from teen titans intangiable,i forget the issue of jla when it happen,it took place on the whitehouse lawn a couple years ago and had a battle between match and superboy,anyway he didnt turn into a statue.
He who is without paitence is the gravediggers friend.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants

TJ_1976 wrote:well pacemakers are technology and you don't die if you have one,because Bionics are internal,apart of you,i would say they still function as normal limbs,but any extras like laser or the such don't function cause at that point their function switches to external. That and when they were written is prior to rifter #37 so their is nothing about having bionics,at that point all machine where EXTERNAl....but since your playing a bionic with superpowers i am guessing your using rifter 37 dual class section.......just remember martian manhunter, ,he has taken cyborg from teen titans intangiable,i forget the issue of jla when it happen,it took place on the whitehouse lawn a couple years ago and had a battle between match and superboy,anyway he didnt turn into a statue.

this is not a question of what they do in comics. This sis a question of how a superpower is written up in this game.
I generally limit intangibility in my games to those who have valid reasons for including it in a character.
Vision had a form of density phasing and he was an android, so there is a way to do it, just not as written in the book. Probably people play it in their house rules different ways.
TJ_1976
Explorer

Unread post by TJ_1976 »

Always forget about Vision.
He who is without paitence is the gravediggers friend.

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”