Why do you love the CS ?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Why do you love the CS

They are the only hope for humanity.
21%
They are the greatest empire of humanity since the coming of the rifts.
31%
I'm Proseks love child!
14%
I just really hate the hippies at Lazlo, and the CS works for me.
34%

Total votes: 80

Ravenwing
Hero
Comment: Chaplain of the CS.

Why do you love the CS ?

Unread post by Ravenwing »

So lets hear it my brethren, Why do you love the CS. Show your patriotic pride to the motherland.

I love the CS because they stand against the darkness that is the evil of Rifts earth. With the rule of our beloved emperor we stand strong, proud and pure. With the might of our army we crush the demonic,and scatter the inhuman filth that pollutes our world. With the aid of our unsung heros the ISS we remain pure form the taint of mutation. Remember my brethren, to embrace the unhuman, is to lose our humanity! Suffer not the Alien to live, purge the mutant, Slay the heretic!
Blunt like a Warhammer to the face!

Akashic Soldier is my hero!
Ravenwing
Hero

Yes my brethren drink the Kool-aide that is truth!

Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ten Tigers »

They provide me with a steady supply of free guns, e-clips, and slightly-used armor. :lol:

Ravenwing wrote:Remember my brethren, to embrace the unhuman, is to lose our humanity! Suffer not the Alien to live, purge the mutant, Slay the heretic!

*sniff, sniff*

A Space Marine!!!

In another dimension I would agree with you battle brother, but the perils of the warp do not exist here...
I love a good fight...
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Wow, I am usually the first to disagree with Alejandro...
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Ravenwing
Hero

Ten Tigers wrote:They provide me with a steady supply of free guns, e-clips, and slightly-used armor. :lol:

Ravenwing wrote:Remember my brethren, to embrace the unhuman, is to lose our humanity! Suffer not the Alien to live, purge the mutant, Slay the heretic!

*sniff, sniff*

A Space Marine!!!

In another dimension I would agree with you battle brother, but the perils of the warp do not exist here...

But my brethren the foulness of Chaos can be seen everywhere on rifts earth. And we do not have the grace of his most benevolent one, the immortal Emperor.Praise be to he!

Truthfully tho' I see the CS alot like the Imps. Except for the lack of a Cult divinicus.

Ravenwing
Hero

sawg138 wrote:I like the CS because they are crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

FOUL XENOS!!!!

Prepare thine self for the the judgement that is to come, foul demon, the true followers of the emperor shall smite thee!

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ten Tigers »

Actually my first post was in jest, sort of, they DO provide some of my characters with a lot of free stuff...

Baring that I agree, I like the style of the weapons and equipment plus at heart I am a human supremacist.
I love a good fight...
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

The Sovereign wrote:
Here's a question for anyone who says they support the CS: do you do so in-character or would you really (as yourself)?

Doesn't the latter amount to supporting genocide, destruction of freedoms, and human supremacy at the expense of all other peoples?
some of my characters do , some dont , as for me personally , I see both sides of it , the good , the bad, but if i'm going to serve someone else it's going to be a human.

freedom is an illusion, as for the rest humankind has been doing the entire time, we been on the planet .
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Ravenwing
Hero

Yes both in-character and outside it, I support the CS.

I love how people look at rifts and think in the modern day mindset. When the modern world and the world of rifts have no more incommon then the fact that it's the same rock.

Truth is I can't see how anyone wouldn't support the CS. To my mind it's simply not viable. Unless your not human that is.

Ravenwing
Hero

sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:Yes both in-character and outside it, I support the CS.

I love how people look at rifts and think in the modern day mindset. When the modern world and the world of rifts have no more incommon then the fact that it's the same rock.

Truth is I can't see how anyone wouldn't support the CS. To my mind it's simply not viable. Unless your not human that is.

Some of us have differing principles and find the CS abhorrent. But that's just me.

See that only works with the modern mindset. In a post-apoc world where many of your family members have been made lunch by d-bees,demons and monsters, I'm pretty sure you'd be singing a differant tune. Thats the main thing, few people seem to be able to divorce there modern mindset for the one of the world there playing in. As a person raised in our modern world, with its ethics, morals, and thoughts, yes the CS is horriable. HOWEVER Rifts earth and our own have little in line. The people of rifts earth live in hell itself.

Ravenwing
Hero

To that I would say, that earth is humanities home. Not the others, its not like the CS is invading another races homeworld. Yes many D-bees didn't wish to come to rifts earth. I agree with you there. However working with them would mean wasting resources that would be better served used by the native population. If we humans begin to allow the inhuman to remain by our side, that is one more mouth we must feed, one more human mouth that goes without. We cannot afford to share what little space we have left, its about survival of the species boys and girls, and it's simple numbers, they have more of them. By thinning the xenos we preserve our own food supplies, as well as other natural resources that are in short supply. It may be harsh, it may even seem evil, however in rifts earth it is the reality of the situation.

Another thing I love is all this talk of Lazlo, always theres this talk of " Look at lazlo, humans and D-bees get along there." To that I say wake up. Simply put in a society like Lazlo where single people wield massive power, and inhumans live, its only a matter before society splits and becomes a group of haves, and have nots. Those with mystic powers are in the have group, and those without are in the have nots. Little more then slaves, or pets to the inhumans. Look at Splynn, thats how I see Lazlo, and every mixed society on earth. If the inhumans in Splynn treat humans like cattle, what makes you think that any other place where they live would be different.

And magic was the destruction of the world. We may have dropped the spark that set the flame, and even thats arguable depending on which world book your reading. It was the leylines, that caused the destruction that destroyed the old world and made the new. I agree though that it could be considered nature that did it.

Besides the CS is currently working on a means to control and close the rifts. Hence the RCSG.

JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

Ravenwing wrote:Another thing I love is all this talk of Lazlo, always theres this talk of " Look at lazlo, humans and D-bees get along there." To that I say wake up. Simply put in a society like Lazlo where single people wield massive power, and inhumans live, its only a matter before society splits and becomes a group of haves, and have nots.

Ya, unlike the CS were everyone is treated equal and no one receives special treatment such as additional education and more lenient application of the laws. :lol: :P :lol:
Ravenwing
Hero

JTwig wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:Another thing I love is all this talk of Lazlo, always theres this talk of " Look at lazlo, humans and D-bees get along there." To that I say wake up. Simply put in a society like Lazlo where single people wield massive power, and inhumans live, its only a matter before society splits and becomes a group of haves, and have nots.

Ya, unlike the CS were everyone is treated equal and no one receives special treatment such as additional education and more lenient application of the laws. :lol: :P :lol:

I never said the CS was Fair! Sheesh, I was just saying it was right :lol: :lol:

JTwig
Adventurer
Comment: Molon Labe

Unread post by JTwig »

K20A2_S wrote:I love killing in the name of humanity

That's all I need.

and mini-missles, lots and lots of mini-missles......

I have to say the last couple vehemently pro-CS topics have been a lot of fun to read. You should look for a job with Cheney or Rumsfield. :lol:
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

All of the above.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Ravenwing
Hero

Besides if the were important it would be there boot, not the one under the boot.

Ravenwing
Hero

sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:Besides if they were important it would be their boot, not the one under the boot.

Only the book of spelling has you under. :D

Interesting criteria you have there, one used by countless tyrants.

Bah! All this talk of tyranny, you must be one of those foul heretics in Lazlo! :P

Ravenwing
Hero

sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:Besides if they were important it would be their boot, not the one under the boot.

Bah! All this talk of tyranny, you must be one of those foul heretics in Lazlo! :P

You mean my mention of literacy didn't clue you in? :P

Death to the non-believer! :P

Ravenwing
Hero

sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
sawg138 wrote:

You mean my mention of literacy didn't clue you in? :P

Death to the non-believer! :P

That's an enlightened thing to say. :D

But in the end, enlightenment is held by the victor. :P

Blight
Champion

Unread post by Blight »

I can't check them all :-(
Ravenwing
Hero

The Sovereign wrote:To those that say they would indeed support the CS, let me ask you this: why is there a difference between sentient life that is of Earth origin and that which is not? Isn't your logic uncomfortably close to that of people who claimed that Africans and other non-whites were an "inferior species"?

I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, I just want to make it clear what we're getting into. Supporting the CS wholeheartedly means killing anyone who is politically undesirably, or who has had the unfortunate experience of being torn from their home and deposited on Earth.

If that sounds fine to you, then I can safely say I'm a little frightened.

Ahem to start.

Yes as a person born, raised and bred in the modern era, I agree with you.

HOWEVER rifts is not our world. Our morals and ethics do not apply to this future earth.

If I was a native of rifts earth I would completely support the CS. Yes I would kill every non-human who crossed my path, and that of my dog if my dog didn't kill it first. I would burn every mage, magic-user, and false prophet at the stake happily. I would see to it that non-humans, magicusers, and demons could only whisper the name of my nation without wetting themselves. Why? Simple, the life I save will most likely be my childs, or my comrades child. Or another humans life. If that means some innocent non-humans must die, then so be it. If the cost for my nations prosperity must come upon the bones and blood of magic users, more the better. One innocent human life is worth an entire dimension of non-humans. Rifts earth is not our world, it is not a nice place, it is harsh, deadly, hostile. Humans must be twice as harsh,deadly, and hostile to survive and reclaim our world. The world of rifts makes anything Dante saw seem like candyland. This is what every CS bashing person forgets. Always they think that the morals,ethics and beliefs of today apply to hell on earth. They have no place there, the lessons of the past also do not apply to this world that has become hell.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

The Sovereign wrote:To those that say they would indeed support the CS, let me ask you this: why is there a difference between sentient life that is of Earth origin and that which is not? Isn't your logic uncomfortably close to that of people who claimed that Africans and other non-whites were an "inferior species"?

I don't mean to sidetrack this thread, I just want to make it clear what we're getting into. Supporting the CS wholeheartedly means killing anyone who is politically undesirably, or who has had the unfortunate experience of being torn from their home and deposited on Earth.

the the entire moral and ethics of today, where its legal to kill a unborn child, but its ok to protest a war but turn a a blind eye to ethnic cleansing
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Ravenwing
Hero

:lol: :lol:

I agree 110%

Ravenwing
Hero

sawg138 wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

the the entire moral and ethics of today, where its legal to kill a unborn child, but its ok to protest a war but turn a a blind eye to ethnic cleansing

Except in the CS, you're not allowed to air those sentiments.

That is one of the largest mis-conceptions about the CS held by players.

Ravenwing
Hero

sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
sawg138 wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

Except in the CS, you're not allowed to air those sentiments.

That is one of the largest mis-conceptions about the CS held by players.

So where's it stated the CS tolerates dissenting opinions readily? Without the offender getting send to reeducation.

That depends on what you consider dissenting opinions. If we're talking acceptance of magic users, and the inhuman, then no. These things aren't allowed. There is talk with in CS society about the harshness of the CS military, the goverment, and other day to day things. The fact is that the majority of the CS likes the way things are.

Ravenwing
Hero

The Cs is based on a free society, perhaps not the most liberal one out there, but still.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:The Cs is based on a free society, perhaps not the most liberal one out there, but still.

Where are you getting this from?
where are you getting it oppresses it people

Jack Daniels
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Jack Daniels »

Ravenwing wrote:If that means some innocent non-humans must die, then so be it. If the cost for my nations prosperity must come upon the bones and blood of magic users, more the better. One innocent human life is worth an entire dimension of non-humans.

That line of reasoning frightens me in a real world sense. It is this line of logic that leads to Holocausts and Srebrenicas and Darfurs and those are not acceptable at any time or place or under any circumstance.

Ravenwing wrote:Rifts earth is not our world, it is not a nice place, it is harsh, deadly, hostile. Humans must be twice as harsh,deadly, and hostile to survive and reclaim our world.

There are people in this world who live in harsh, deadly, and hostile conditions, conditions that are as hostile to life on a personal day to day basis as Rifts Earth would be. Are you saying it would be OK for them to indisceminately kill those who are not part of their own group?

Ravenwing wrote:The world of rifts makes anything Dante saw seem like candyland. This is what every CS bashing person forgets.

If that were true the CS could never survive, not to mention places like the Colorado Baronies. "Candyland?" You seriously exaggerate the situation.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

sawg138 wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:The Cs is based on a free society, perhaps not the most liberal one out there, but still.

Where are you getting this from?
where are you getting it oppresses it people

The Nazi germany parrallels that are so prevalent in the books.
so prosek models the Military toward one of Nasis Germany so the civilian government must be the same :rolleyes:

Ravenwing
Hero

Jack Daniels wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:If that means some innocent non-humans must die, then so be it. If the cost for my nations prosperity must come upon the bones and blood of magic users, more the better. One innocent human life is worth an entire dimension of non-humans.

That line of reasoning frightens me in a real world sense. It is this line of logic that leads to Holocausts and Srebrenicas and Darfurs and those are not acceptable at any time or place or under any circumstance.

Ravenwing wrote:Rifts earth is not our world, it is not a nice place, it is harsh, deadly, hostile. Humans must be twice as harsh,deadly, and hostile to survive and reclaim our world.

There are people in this world who live in harsh, deadly, and hostile conditions, conditions that are as hostile to life on a personal day to day basis as Rifts Earth would be. Are you saying it would be OK for them to indisceminately kill those who are not part of their own group?

Ravenwing wrote:The world of rifts makes anything Dante saw seem like candyland. This is what every CS bashing person forgets.

If that were true the CS could never survive, not to mention places like the Colorado Baronies. "Candyland?" You seriously exaggerate the situation.

Last I checked, demons didn't walk the street. Dragons don't fill the skys, and undead don't rule mexico.

Yes our earth is candyland compared to rifts earth.

Jack Daniels
Dungeon Crawler

Ravenwing wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:

Last I checked, demons didn't walk the street. Dragons don't fill the skys, and undead don't rule mexico.

You didn't compare our earth to Rifts Earth. You compared Dante's vision to Rifts Earth.
I agree that our part of earth is candyland compared to Rifts Earth, but there are other parts of our earth that are just a lethal to live in as Rifts Earth would be. The only real difference is that there are no dragons filling the skies, Mexico is a democracy, and the demons look just like humans with a different skin tone or a different religion.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:

Let me get this straight, because some Mexicans are criminals, all Mexicans should be deported; in a similar fashion as some d-bees are demons, so all d-bees should be slaughtered. :ok: Your ability to rationalize inhumanity disturbs me.
See I believe they(d-bees) should be removed from Coalition lands as peaceful as can be with a straight out warning, you come back, we will kill you. senseless slaughter is lefted to the monsters

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

sawg138 wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
sawg138 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
Jack Daniels wrote:

Let me get this straight, because some Mexicans are criminals, all Mexicans should be deported; in a similar fashion as some d-bees are demons, so all d-bees should be slaughtered. :ok: Your ability to rationalize inhumanity disturbs me.
See I believe they(d-bees) should be removed from Coalition lands as peaceful as can be with a straight out warning, you come back, we will kill you. senseless slaughter is lefted to the monsters

So Trail of Tears time? Yeah, that's better, but barely.
hey its the world of rifts not adventures in candyland, you pick which is the less evil, and learn to live with it.

Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

Here's the thing; I couldn't support the Coalition because of their policies, but I don't think I could really embrace Lazlo, either. While it is a more open society, it also tends to officially vacillate... Lazlo refuses to **** or get off the gorram pot. When it comes to the Xiticix war, what are the y doing? Hoping someone else will take care of it. When it came time to help Tolkeen? Thumb in the fundament. They are cautious to the point of paralysis. Splynncryth will have invited himself in for tea and conquest, and they'll still be forming a committee to look into the possibility that Splugorth activity is increasing in Florida.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
Jack Daniels
Dungeon Crawler

Mark Hall wrote: Lazlo refuses to **** or get off the gorram pot. When it comes to the Xiticix war, what are the y doing? Hoping someone else will take care of it.

I agree, what are they doing? One book says they have begun waging a campaign that will have a significant impact, a couple books later, absolutly no reference to or indication that Lazlo has done anything. What's going on with them?
dark brandon
Knight

It's a game. I play GTA, that doesn't make me a criminal. I like to kill hookers and kill enemies in the game. That doesn't make me a criminal. I like Halo, but that doesn't mean I condone shooting my friends.

The main difference between sentient life of rifts and blacks is that...black people are real. I can go out and I can pro-create with a black woman, in rifts you can't pro-create with anyone except another human. So no, it's not the same thing as "it was with them black peoples".

I'd be more afraid of someone who gets 'a little frightened' based on how a person plays a game more than the person playing the game.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
dark brandon
Knight

mattyj77 wrote:Can I just say this thread is strangely intense, it hits a nerve almost bordering between reality and fiction, what with all that's going on in the world today there's proof we'd go to war for a lot less than, say, invasion from another dimension. From that point of view I understand the CS. However lets just say that i'm not a fan of things like the homeland security bill (nothing I have to worry about in my country). It's the liberties that the CS have discarded that bugs me about them, but I guess it is a good idea to remember that about 10 PA chi-town was more accepting of other beings if I recall correctly and the events that occured soon after that were the catalyst for what the CS became. It would be fair to say that the CS is also a kind of victim, maybe a calculated outcome, in all this. So lets all blame the FOM and say, oi Prosek, NO the enemy is on your eastern flank, not in Tolkeen. :lol:

I don't see how your getting intensity of this thread. The world of Rifts and Reality are so far different that it's almost insanity to suggest that what happens in rifts can be paralleled in RL.

For example: Mech-viper and deadboy I believe are more conservitieve (I believe from the sound off board) than I am...but we all agree on how the CS works. It's a work of fiction.

It's like compareing spongebob to being in the war in Iraq. PATRICK!!!1111DRINKDRINKDRINKCRYCRYCRY.
Library Ogre

dark brandon wrote:The main difference between sentient life of rifts and blacks is that...black people are real. I can go out and I can pro-create with a black woman, in rifts you can't pro-create with anyone except another human.

What about ogres?

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
All Palladium Articles
Jack Daniels
Dungeon Crawler

Mark Hall wrote:
dark brandon wrote:The main difference between sentient life of rifts and blacks is that...black people are real. I can go out and I can pro-create with a black woman, in rifts you can't pro-create with anyone except another human.

What about ogres?

That's what I was going to say.
Ravenwing
Hero

dark brandon wrote:
mattyj77 wrote:Can I just say this thread is strangely intense, it hits a nerve almost bordering between reality and fiction, what with all that's going on in the world today there's proof we'd go to war for a lot less than, say, invasion from another dimension. From that point of view I understand the CS. However lets just say that i'm not a fan of things like the homeland security bill (nothing I have to worry about in my country). It's the liberties that the CS have discarded that bugs me about them, but I guess it is a good idea to remember that about 10 PA chi-town was more accepting of other beings if I recall correctly and the events that occured soon after that were the catalyst for what the CS became. It would be fair to say that the CS is also a kind of victim, maybe a calculated outcome, in all this. So lets all blame the FOM and say, oi Prosek, NO the enemy is on your eastern flank, not in Tolkeen. :lol:

I don't see how your getting intensity of this thread. The world of Rifts and Reality are so far different that it's almost insanity to suggest that what happens in rifts can be paralleled in RL.

For example: Mech-viper and deadboy I believe are more conservative (I believe from the sound off board) than I am...but we all agree on how the CS works. It's a work of fiction.

It's like comparing spongebob to being in the war in Iraq. PATRICK!!!1111DRINKDRINKDRINKCRYCRYCRY.

Mainly due to one poster, who seemed to take everything we said as our beliefs.

Ravenwing
Hero

Mark Hall wrote:

What about ogres?

Orges I would say are a sub-species of humans. Now before we all start saying things like "Once whites claimed blacks, and NA's were sub-human." I point you to the description of them. In the Rifts CB1 it says they are a off-shoot of humanity, a older more primal naederthal version of us. Yes we can inner-breed, and yes they are related to humans, closer then even other primates, but they are incapable of living in polite society. Now if we were to capture some while young, then I suppose they could be raised to understand human society. And yes I realize thats how some of our ancestors felt about non-whites. But really drawing comperesions between the past and a actual non-human species is flawed. Especially since it's a fictional non-human species we're talking about.

Ravenwing
Hero

mattyj77 wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
dark brandon wrote:

For example: Mech-viper and deadboy I believe are more conservative (I believe from the sound off board) than I am...but we all agree on how the CS works. It's a work of fiction.

It's like comparing spongebob to being in the war in Iraq. PATRICK!!!1111DRINKDRINKDRINKCRYCRYCRY.

Mainly due to one poster, who seemed to take everything we said as our beliefs.

True True, but understandable to a degree, because in many ways you are speaking for yourself.

The hypothetical question is "If far out scenario A were to happen would you agree with B or C?"

The answer you give must be yours the player and reflect subtly what your actual beliefs are. If this were not true then my answer to the do you love the CS woud be, yes when I run a milspec CS operative and no when I run a tolkeen death mage (or whatever). The context of the question itself makes us think about what we think we might do in this set of circumstances, not that we can realistically conceive the actual feeling, but certainly our answers reflect our preferences. Kind of like some perverted psych test. :-D

lol. True Matty. I agree with you to a point, when asked the question we do have to look at it and decide what we would do in scenario A,B,C, or etc. But also we have to remember that part of the question, although unspoken would also mean that if we found ourselves there, unless we we're rifted there, means we're born there. We then have to look at it, not with the mind set of a educated person of this century, but of one born nearly 4 centuries from now. That was the basis for my views as expressed in this thread so far. Now I know some will say that the morals and ethics of humanity don't change. I say look back at society 300 years ago. What was considered the cultural norm then is seen as either outrightly wrong to us(slavery,racism, zealotry, etc.) or humorous (women having to be clothed form head to toe, no public shows of affection, etc.). Now then while it is true that society naturally becomes more liberal as it advances(yes this is open for debate to some) we also have to keep inmind that humanity went through a dark age and sank into savagery, we have only begun to rebuild, and reform our culture, that being only a century ago as per rifts timeline. Also we have to take into account the many times both past and present when mages,and non-humans have struck out against humanity. Yes I realize many non-humans are kind,and gentle, as well as peaceful, and scared. But it's the knowing which ones which.

Ravenwing
Hero

Ninjabunny wrote:I just hate the hippies at Lazlo :P Need to stop hugging D-Bee's and start hugging laser Rifles. :lol:

The CS supports this message.

Ravenwing
Hero

Ninjabunny wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:I just hate the hippies at Lazlo :P Need to stop hugging D-Bee's and start hugging laser Rifles. :lol:

Unfortunitly so does FQ :lol:

Hey, I'm cool with the frenchies, if I could pick my homeland it would be FQ.

Nxla666
Champion

Unread post by Nxla666 »

Ninjabunny wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:

Home of the of the Orignal CS Nazy.

What the hell is that? :P :lol:
"You WILL believe that all people have an inherent right to follow their own path to enlightenment in the spiritual manner of their choice or we will burn you at the stake!!!"~Slag
hahaha NXLA for the win.-- Galactus Kid x2
Bah. Immortality and marriage are just 2 things that should never mix. Any kind of prolongued lifespan shouldn't be burdened with monogamy.- Alejandro
Knowledge is power, power corrupts, study hard, be evil.
Ravenwing
Hero

Ninjabunny wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:

Sorry I meant Navy :lol:

Where you can sail the seven seas :lol:

Library Ogre

Ravenwing wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Nxla666 wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
Ravenwing wrote:

Sorry I meant Navy :lol:

Where you can sail the seven seas :lol:

Or the Great Lakes, at least... that'll put your mind at ease.

All Palladium Articles
dark brandon
Knight

The Sovereign wrote:
dark brandon wrote:

It's a game. I play GTA, that doesn't make me a criminal. I like to kill hookers and kill enemies in the game. That doesn't make me a criminal. I like Halo, but that doesn't mean I condone shooting my friends.

The main difference between sentient life of rifts and blacks is that...black people are real. I can go out and I can pro-create with a black woman, in rifts you can't pro-create with anyone except another human. So no, it's not the same thing as "it was with them black peoples".

I'd be more afraid of someone who gets 'a little frightened' based on how a person plays a game more than the person playing the game.

Hey Brandon,

I don't care about how people play the game. I've played evil characters in the past, and have no problem with people playing pro-CS characters.

You misinterpreted me. I don't have a problem with role-playing this kind of behaviour, but certain people seem to say that they would actually agree with it.

There's a difference between doing this kind of thing in a game, which is not real, and saying that were this to happen in reality, you would be perfectly fine with it. The latter is what I'm appalled at.

Here's the thing. The premise of this question is faulse. Because you CAN't know. That's like asking someone "how does god think". We simply have nothing to relate to even on a small scale.

For example, you say it's ok if we roll play it, but in real life (meaning if in real life I hate elves) I'm some sort of bad person.

In the world of rifts, I think Humans should kill everything non-human and magical. But, In the world of D&D I think harmany should be the key.

Nothing should be 'appalling' IRL, because unlike what mattyj77 says, it doesn't reviel anything about a persons beliefs or who they are to have an opinion about a game world. The only thing revield is if a person takes a game too seriously or not.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Given human nature, taking in account a world changing event , followed by 200+ of fighting to survive, something like the Coalition States mindset would be arising around the world among the humans and not this happy horse crap about living in peace with the non-humans. when rifts once first appearred it was a dark future and not this happy carebear land that rifts earth has became. Lazlo should be the shining light that shows the world what earth could be, not one of many.

Ravenwing
Hero

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:Given human nature, taking in account a world changing event , followed by 200+ of fighting to survive, something like the Coalition States mindset would be arising around the world among the humans and not this happy horse crap about living in peace with the non-humans. when rifts once first appearred it was a dark future and not this happy carebear land that rifts earth has became. Lazlo should be the shining light that shows the world what earth could be, not one of many.

I agree the trend in rifts lately has been a move to a more friendlier place where we all hug D-bees, and trees(Cuz trees are people to, you know!). Lazlo should be the exception, not the norm.

Return to “Rifts®”