Request for Semper Fu, Kuseru Satsujin

Mysticism, spies, cybernetic implants, & cool vehicles. Discuss these two great classics here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

greese1
D-Bee

Unread post by greese1 »

It is basically just MMA training. They are using BJJ, wrestling, and Muay Thai.

What made me laugh was the Aikido person they had speaking...what a tool...of course he thinks schools don't train resistance, he does Aikido. Which is reason number 4,561 that Aikido is a joke.
Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ten Tigers »

Commandant General Dumbass wrote:But this will be no Kung Fu Corps. "The last thing I want is an army of ninjas who are undisciplined," says Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Jones, the force behind the "culture change."

What a walking *****.

1.) Kung Fu means excellence attained over time from discipline, dedication, and effort.

2.) Ninja is the plural of ninja.

3.) A ninja would be disciplined by nature.

[MODERATED]
I love a good fight...
greese1
D-Bee

Unread post by greese1 »

Ten Tigers wrote:
Commandant General Dumbass wrote:But this will be no Kung Fu Corps. "The last thing I want is an army of ninjas who are undisciplined," says Marine Corps Commandant Gen. James Jones, the force behind the "culture change."

What a walking *****.

1.) Kung Fu means excellence attained over time from discipline, dedication, and effort.

[MODERATED]

Whatever. 95% of people that practice kung fu and ninjitsu are pathetic losers.

That is whom he is talking about.
Ten Tigers
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Ten Tigers »

greese1 wrote:
Ten Tigers wrote:

What a walking *****.

[MODERATED]

Touch something sensitive?

Most people who study modern Ninjitsu are military, law enforcement, and people of that mind set. The definition Kung Fu doesn't even mean martial arts. You appearantly didn't even read what I posted.

[MODERATED]
I love a good fight...

Re: Request for Semper Fu, Kuseru Satsujin

Unread post by Guest »

Keep the personal attacks out of the discussion people.

Cartman wrote:At Military.com there was a statement:

Recruits learn hand-to-hand combat fighting techniques as part of the new Marine Corps Martial Arts Program. Referred to by many as “Semper Fu,” it is taught to recruits at Parris Island at a facility called Thunderdome. All Marines are required to have at least a tan belt in MCMAP. S. F. Tomajczyk

A story at USA Today:

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/200 ... arines.htm

8)

I'm sure a lot of people could use it.
Sorry, I'm not going to have anything to do with that nonsense.
greese1
D-Bee

Unread post by greese1 »

Ten Tigers wrote:
greese1 wrote:
Ten Tigers wrote:

What a walking *****.

[MODERATED]

Touch something sensitive?

Most people who study modern Ninjitsu are military, law enforcement, and people of that mind set. The definition Kung Fu doesn't even mean martial arts. You appearantly didn't even read what I posted.

[MODERATED]

In what world?
Seriously, go look at ninjitsu trainers and instructors and you find a group of nonathletic porkers who couldn't fight to save their life so they pretend to do teh deadly ninjitsu.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

Sorry, MC line training is 2 weeks at most for HtH combat. Was only 1 week when I went thru PI in 93 but I'm allowing for possible juggling to get more exposure. We only spent 2 weeks at the range when I was at PI and there's hella more focus on shooting than HtH skills.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
greese1
D-Bee

Unread post by greese1 »

Ninjabunny wrote:
demos606 wrote:Sorry, MC line training is 2 weeks at most for HtH combat. Was only 1 week when I went thru PI in 93 but I'm allowing for possible juggling to get more exposure. We only spent 2 weeks at the range when I was at PI and there's hella more focus on shooting than HtH skills.

Aren't most leatherneck's trained first and for most as rifle men?

All military is trained first in using guns. They are in a warzone. The odds of getting into a hand to hand fight is small. The idea that Marines, SEALs, SAS, ect are great fighters is an urban myth in them getting special training.

What makes them good fighters is they are athletic, in shape, and aggressive. Everything most martial artists aren't.
demos606
Hero

Unread post by demos606 »

greese1 wrote:
Ninjabunny wrote:
demos606 wrote:Sorry, MC line training is 2 weeks at most for HtH combat. Was only 1 week when I went thru PI in 93 but I'm allowing for possible juggling to get more exposure. We only spent 2 weeks at the range when I was at PI and there's hella more focus on shooting than HtH skills.

Aren't most leatherneck's trained first and for most as rifle men?

All military is trained first in using guns. They are in a warzone. The odds of getting into a hand to hand fight is small. The idea that Marines, SEALs, SAS, ect are great fighters is an urban myth in them getting special training.

What makes them good fighters is they are athletic, in shape, and aggressive. Everything most martial artists aren't.

Actually, the defining difference between soldiers and most everyone else in regards to close quarters combat is the erosion of the moral imparatives against killing. Soldiers are trained to kill; not to capture, not to disable - to kill and kill effeciently. Most (all?) dojo's train minimalistic force applications, ie you don't break them if pushing them around will get the job done - this is bass ackwards from what the military teaches and makes soldiers prime "street cred" targets.
What a cruel thing is war: to separate and destroy families and friends, and mar the purest joys and happiness God has granted us in this world; to fill our hearts with hatred instead of love for our neighbors, and to devastate the fair face of this beautiful world. - R E Lee
People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. - G Orwell
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

I read that article and I have to admit I've never been pissed off so badly by someones writing. Yeah, tell the guy who has spent his whole life mastering the art of hand to hand combat and has never been in the military that his learning was watered down. I've seen kyokushin artists in bouts and while practicing tamashiwara when I was originally interested in learning a style and I can say those people could break someones neck with a well placed blow. They come out of their training bouts with bruises sometimes and I know two or three people who broke a toe when breaking boards. The best part is that they laugh it off.

Yeah, I'd say the devoted martial artist is prepared to defend himself pretty well.

As for not going for the jugular... uh... I took Juijustu classes for maybe half a year, and from observing some of the more advanced techniques, they are definitely aimed for the soft parts of the neck, groin, heck, even the inner thigh for women! Next time the journalist should get some quotes from Juijutsu practitioners.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Mantisking
Hero

Unread post by Mantisking »

Kuseru Satsujin wrote:Keep the personal attacks out of the discussion people.

And this;
greese1 wrote:Whatever. 95% of people that practice kung fu and ninjitsu are pathetic losers.

isn't a personal attack?

There are a few people who post here who study kung fu styles.
"I know twenty-six different points on your body I could hit and release enzymes into your brain to compel you to tell the truth -- Talk!"
Barry Ween, The Adventures of Barry Ween Boy Genius, Monkey Tales #3
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mantisking wrote:
Kuseru Satsujin wrote:Keep the personal attacks out of the discussion people.

And this;
greese1 wrote:Whatever. 95% of people that practice kung fu and ninjitsu are pathetic losers.

isn't a personal attack?

There are a few people who post here who study kung fu styles.
If you notice, Kuseru's post came after the statement you quoted. Kuseru was commenting it.

Let the thread get back on topic.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again

Return to “Ninjas & Superspies™ & Mystic China™”