What do you want to see next?

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rrank5377
D-Bee

What do you want to see next?

Unread post by rrank5377 »

Let me preface this by stating I don't work for Palladium books, freelance or full time. I am in no way associated with this fine company. So the results of this will hopefully be read and considered by the folks who call the shots, but ultimately, this is simply a wish list.

What would you like to see come out for the Palladium Fantasy RPG?

My personal vote: advance the timeline. I'd like to see the Wolfen and Human war go full scale. I want to see someone awaken an old one...well..not PERSONALLY, but in a game that would be cool. I'd think that by advancing the timeline, say, 50-100 years, a whole new score of material can be created. What if the Western Empire collapses on itself? Think of the possibilities!

Now that I've stated my wish, what's yours?
count zero
Explorer
Comment: I could be bounded in a nutshell, and count myself a king of infinite space, were it not that I have bad dreams.

Unread post by count zero »

MrGiggles wrote:Gee, you'd almost think that the next thing I wanted to see was "something".

:ok:

Something. Anything.

Ø
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Old Kingdom and LOD3, of course, and I'm also really looking forward to the Yin Sloth re-write (if it actually happens), but I would dearly love to see something written for the rest of the Palladium world. I've seen hints that it expands beyond just the main continent, so what lies beyond the great barrier that the Island at the Edge of the World was slowly drifting toward? Inquiring minds want to know... I want to know?! 8)
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Northern Ranger wrote:and I'm also really looking forward to the Yin Sloth re-write (if it actually happens),

Its been turned in just now time to hope Kevin likes it.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Entiago
Adventurer

Re: What do you want to see next?

Unread post by Entiago »

rrank5377 wrote:My personal vote: advance the timeline. I'd like to see the Wolfen and Human war go full scale. I want to see someone awaken an old one...well..not PERSONALLY, but in a game that would be cool. I'd think that by advancing the timeline, say, 50-100 years, a whole new score of material can be created. What if the Western Empire collapses on itself? Think of the possibilities!

Woah there bub, your jumpin too far ahead. Really we need to see some of the older stuff promised to us long ago. Old Kingdom books for one. Updated Yin-Sloth, Phi & Lopan book, and Land of the Damned 3 also would be nice. Also Nexx's Mysteries of Magic and an updated Island at the edge of the world would be good to see as well.
We may be through with the past, but the past is not through with us.
- the Book

another year come and gone without a PF release. :(
Northern Ranger
Hero
Comment: Twenty year player of PF.
Fifteen year GM.
Creator and writer.
All around good guy.

Unread post by Northern Ranger »

Shawn Merrow wrote:
Northern Ranger wrote:and I'm also really looking forward to the Yin Sloth re-write (if it actually happens),

Its been turned in just now time to hope Kevin likes it.

Well what the heck is he waiting for? lol
This world is far too small not to want to see it all, but life is far too short to allow that to happen. - Falcon, Ranger (My primary hero in PFRPG setting)

"Unhand me you slobbering son of an Orcish whore!" - Ariana Moonstone, Palladin (Another primary character of mine.)

"Bastard!" War cry of Strut, Barbarian Mercenary. (That's for you James!)

300 Geek Points (So Far)
bigwhitehound

want to see

Unread post by bigwhitehound »

More info about the world. Is there life beyond the wall? You can't go south, but whats to the north-east-west? The other side of the world? In one book, can't remember off hand, they say the world is round and that theres a island there. Well... tell us about it!
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

1 an expantion done on the Tegyn Peninsula, 2 Nexx's Mysteries of Magic, 3 LotD 3, 4 rewrite of Yin Sloth, 5 Land of the South Winds (something tells me that's where the Oriant shall be), and 6 lastly the southern part of the world of Palladia, beyond the wall.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

A nice solid worldbook about any of the major areas as-yet uncovered would be grand.

I'd settle for South Winds, Phi and Lopan, any book about the Old Kingdom, or even a 2E version of a 1E book like Yin-Sloth or Island... World.

While I'd prefer a book that's usable to all, I'd be thrilled to see LoD3 come out, or the Wolfen Wars series.

Though I've never heard of any plans, I'd also be pretty pleased by an Adventure Sourcebook, such as a book that provided dungeons and treasures from around the world, to serve as inspiration, or which gave background on globally useful stuff, a la Library of Bletherad or Dragons and Gods.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
TonyTown
D-Bee

Unread post by TonyTown »

I would ask for the Old Kingdom Books to be finished up or published.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Saying what I want would be me saying "EDIT the books already completed" but you are not kevin.

Lopan...I would traid the current sorce matiral for DaminMagecraft's Lopan.

OK OK....let me think, maybe the other side of the black wall or another world.

Or the South Winds Islands.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
rrank5377
D-Bee

Unread post by rrank5377 »

Wow. The Old Kingdom so far has it. I'm impressed! :-)

Now, with some luck, maybe Kevin and the powers that be will read this thread and get on their horses...as the case may be.

Come on, keep responding and keep this at the top of the list. The more voices that speak up, the more voices that will be heard. The more voices that are heard, the more Kevin and the creators will be motivated to create! After all, in business, there's no better motivation than demand!

And, you know, when I originally posted this, the Old Kingdom never even occurred to me. I never really campaigned in there; usually end up in the Eastern Territories and/or the Western Empire. But, yeah, with the Elf-Dwarf war and the history of the Old Kingdom, that would be cool to read. All of the adventure possibilities with the ruins, ancient artifacts, monster "kingdoms." I'm virtually salivating at the possibilities. Cool!!!

BRING ON THE OLD KINGDOM!!!
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

you may want to look at
viewtopic.php?t=72676

I want to see.....

Old kingdom
South winds
yin sloth 2nd ed
Island at the edge 2nd ed
Munchkin Cat Minion
Natalya

Unread post by Natalya »

Adam of the Old Kingdom wrote:you may want to look at
viewtopic.php?t=72676

I want to see.....

Old kingdom
South winds
yin sloth 2nd ed
Island at the edge 2nd ed

Ditto.

Also, I'd like to see sourcebooks for the maps of other dimensions listed in LoB. I know Hades and Dyval are a lost cause, but maybe the rest could be written with PF (and not Rifts) in mind.
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

count zero wrote:
MrGiggles wrote:Gee, you'd almost think that the next thing I wanted to see was "something".

:ok:

Something. Anything.

Ø

Here Here!!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Yin Sloth re-write as its so close to actuality.

Not making LOTD 3 Citadel book as the next project would be extremely rude as its the 3rd of a trilogy and is already advertised.

I GM a load of Wolfen and I know my gamers would like Wolfen Wars to be written.

I Would like LOTSW or Old Kingdom to be done as they are the last of the Major World books. I dont actual want a Phi/Lopan book as I would like some relatively major areas that were completely free for the GM to do what they like and these two islands have just enough info and are big enough to fit that bill. :-)

More Adventure books like "AITNW" (IV) and "IATEOTW" (VI) would be awesome if the new adventures were in the same calibre! :-P
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
verdilak
Adventurer

Unread post by verdilak »

LOL I just saw an old, as in not even on the palladiumbooks catalog or anything, listing for the OK books. Here it is, enjoy and look at the release date for a nice laugh or a long cry :lol:

Old Kingdom Mountains™ (2nd Ed.) Book #8

Check out these awesome pictures over at the Palladium Website, drawn by Kevin Long, before he left Palladium. They will be used for the new book!

This book is packed with more of everything! New character classes, skills, magic, villains, monsters, towns and world information about the Old Kingdom! Art by Kevin Long. Some other highlights include:

-New Occupational Characters Classes, including the True healer, life master, and weapon master.

-New Racial Character Classes available to players.

-Character Background Generation Tables.

-Optional combat rules and critical hit tables

-40 new skills and abilities.

-Over 100 new magic spells and abilities.

-Monsters, animals, villains and world information.

-Dozens of towns and places of note in the Old Kingdom. Each mapped and described.

-Written by Randi Cartier and Kevin Siembieda.

-$16.95 — 160 pages (price and size may change).

Estimated Release Date: November of '98

WOW, boy are they ever late.

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”