Big books . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Big books . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

Big books are a pain to write.

Yeah, I know you guys and gals love nice, juicy 192 or 224 page books, which is why we do 'em. But they take FOREEEEEEEEVER.

The writing for Rifts® D-Bees of North America is finally done! We’re finishing the last of the final edit and doing the typesetting right now, it will be pasted up and go to the printer Tuesday or Wednesday (April 4). It should ship sometime around the end of April and in time for the Palladium Open House.

It has been a grueling last three weeks. You cannot imagine the hours or the intensity of the writing. Things have been so crazy I even forgot my birthday was coming up Monday until my Dad reminded me. Yeesh. Big deal, I'm an old fart anyway. :)

Yeah, sure I could have just reprinted the stats of old D-Bees and thrown 'em in a book, but that's not how we do things at Palladium. We want to release a great book and wonderful reference for everyone. So I’ve cleaned up, tweaked, expanded and updated write-ups, clarified abilities and histories, and hopefully the end result is another great book Rifts fans will love.

I have to dive, nonstop into the source material for Machinations of Doom so that book is also done by Open House. This is going to be another title that I think folks will love, as it is more than what people imagine. Then I have to go over correction pages for a half dozen reprint titles (Rifts China One, Wolfen Empire, Cyber-Knights, etc.) and work on some little special items for the Open House.

Anyway, I’ve been cloistered away working like a maniac which is why you haven't heard much outta me.

Oh, there will be a big announcement on Sunday. Watch for it.

Keep those imaginations burning bright and BUY PALLADIUM! Please.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Artist and Writing Fool
© March 30, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”