Tuesday, Robotech and Fun Facts

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Unread post by Kevin »

Gosh, we are so busy all the time, we failed to provide ample notice to you that I was doing a live talk/podcast with the Robotech_Master at Space Station Liberty in association with Robotech.com on Monday afternoon. Sorry.

The chat went really well, and the good news is you can still listen to it. HEADS UP: the entire “TalkShoe” is three hours long, though the first 2 or 2 ½ hours have the most meat. We talked about plans for the new Robotech® RPG, the original Robotech® TV show, Palladium’s old Robotech® RPGs, Rifts®, Ninja Turtles, gaming, publishing, licensing, where I think the RPG industry is going, and other fun topics. If you have the time, check it out. Wayne posted a notice and link somewhere on the main page, too. http://terrania.us/liberty/

Tuesday, February 20, 2007, was a long day. Heck, it's 1:30 AM Wednesday, and this is still part of my Tuesday work day! It was also a very a good day. I got a good amount of work done and I’m feeling pumped up. I prepared two dozen freelance contracts for various books, assigned art for the Rifter #38, paid a bunch o’ bills and some freelancers, spoke to several people on the phone, plotted aspects of various upcoming titles (for example, the July Rifter® will be another Swimsuit issue, and David Martin is doing the cover, Mark Evans is doing the cover to The Rifter #38 (Barbarians and Wolfen), answered e-mails, did a few mail correspondences, coordinated with Wayne and Tony about some upcoming books, signed some prints, did a little work on a special project, and we’re continuing to prep for the 2007 Palladium Open House Game Convention.

Fun Facts (as of 1:30 AM Feb 21, 2007):

156 people have already purchased tickets for the Open House, with sales starting to really pick up now.

150 copies of Rifts® Sourcebook One are pre-sold with more coming in every day. Previous pre-orders and week one sales combined had a previous record of 120-some copies. Rifts® Sourcebook One has already shattered that record with pre-sales to date! And will probably sell more than 220 copies by the end of the first week of sales. Awesome! Glad to see all of you so excited about this book.

Rifts® Sourcebook One is on track to ship Friday, Feb. 23 or Monday, Feb 26, 2007. I approved the color and interior proof copy Monday, morning.

One winner of the Heroes of the Megaverse contest has a fully statted out character with his name in Sourcebook One: Republican Director James Elliot. Another character, Colonel Isabelle Copper is named after the daughter of the gent who gave us the idea for this cool contest in the first place. You know him on-line as, Londonbaz. I hope he doesn't mind me telling you that Isabelle is his soon to be born daughter! As in any day now. She is expected to be born within a day or two of the release of Sourcebook One, so how’s that for good timing? Maybe I am tapped into the Megaverse on a cosmic level? Congratulations to the soon to be proud Mom and Dad!!!

Sourcebook One also has a couple of names of a few non-contestants used as the names of characters who are part of the Rifts history (now) but don’t actually get statted out. But I’m not telling who they are. :)

The Megaverse® United print has sold 1930 copies and counting. Remember, this print will be discontinued in May, 2007.

Rifts® D-Bees of North America has an impressive 64 copies already pre-sold. Work on it is coming along nicely.

The artwork of Jeffery Russell for Hades is in and it is breathtaking. You’re gonna love it when you see this book. Wow, Jeff outdid himself. You’ll get a small taste of his work in the monster section of the new Rifts® Sourcebook One.

Okay, time for me to call it a night, er . . . morning?

NOTE: I tried to post this at 1:30 AM before hitting the sack, but there was some glitch with my log-in name and password, so I had to wait till Wayne Smith got in to work to take care of the problem.

Thanks for reading my Fun Facts and murmurings.

Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Artist, Wired and Working Hard
© copyright February 21, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”