Bits and pieces . . .

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Bits and pieces . . .

Unread post by Kevin »

Bits and Pieces

A Megaverse® United Print to be discontinued in May

We thought it would be appropriate for the A Megaverse® United print to have a finite run. Limiting the availability of the print makes it special, memorable, and a potentially valuable collectible.

Ending the sale of the item in May, 2007, seems only right, because that’s one full year since it was released, and adds to the historic significance of the piece.

Besides, how else can we put EVERYBODY’S name into a book if we sold the print without any end in sight? We couldn’t.

As of today, we have sold 1920 copies of the signed and numbered print with more selling every week.

This print and the original art will remain special to me, because it does, indeed, represent a Megaverse® of fans around the world united to help keep Palladium afloat during a time when other forces conspired against it. Thank you everyone.

I have something special in mind for the book that will feature all two thousand and some names . . . more on that in the months to come.

Robotech® Shadow Chronicles
ranked Number One best selling anime on Amazon.com

Just a fun fact I thought you guys and gals might like to hear. Amazon is currently selling it for $19.95 and it's worth the price if you ask me. Don’t let the few negative reviews fool you, I think if you are a Robotech fan, you will really enjoy Shadow Chronicles.

Palladium’s online sale remain slow, but . . .

We see a spike here and there, and they are better than I feared they might be. Like I said, we need to get some darn new product out and fast. I’m working on it, and Sourcebook One is looking good as I write toward the finish line. I’m confident sales will increase when books start to hit the shelves next month.

Rifts® Sourcebook One is nearing completion

I’ve been writing up a storm almost this entire week! I’m giving the book the RUE treatment, reading and rewriting almost every word, reorganizing material, doing updates across the board, and including all kinds of things that I think will please and surprise you.

Alex, now having edited 60% of the book told me, “Kev, I can’t tell you how excited I am reading this stuff. It’s like your breathing new life into Rifts®. I thought I already knew everything in this book, but man, I was wrong. Keep it coming, I can’t wait to see more.”

Hopefully you guys and gals will have the same response.

Yep, everything was going along fabulously. Then life got in the way.

Blurry-Eyed and Murmuring,

Kevin Siembieda
President, Publisher, Writer, Artist, & Friend
© January 26, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”