Ultimate Rifts Second Printing?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Ultimate Rifts Second Printing?

Unread post by Sureshot »

I read in a recent copy of the Rifter that there weer plans to do a new printing of RUE. Is that still on track? Or has it been pushed for next year?
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

There are plans. Where those plans stand is in the works. It needs to be reprinted.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

If they are reprinting it, I can only hope that they remembered to fix ALL the MISTAKES :x
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Unread post by Dustin Fireblade »

CS Special Forces wrote:sorry i think i missed something. why does it NEED to be reprinted? :?

Fix some little things, like the Borg OCC layout, add the Juicer's PP bonus, remove the Nokia add, stuff like that.
Sureshot
Champion

CS Special Forces wrote:sorry i think i missed something. why does it NEED to be reprinted? :?

For two reasons. Stock maybe running low and with Christmas not too far away it would be insane to not have any ready to ship out. Second there are some minor errors in the book that need to be corrected and the N-gage ad will probably be removed.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Greeter
Wanderer

Unread post by Greeter »

Anyone know if we will ever see official errata for RUE?
That which does not kill me . . . had better do enough damage to keep me from firing back!
dark brandon
Knight
Comment: I want you more when you're afraid of me.

Unread post by dark brandon »

Colt47 wrote:If they are reprinting it, I can only hope that they remembered to fix ALL the MISTAKES :x

Galactis Kid went through the entire thread of RUE Errata, and presented them to Kevin. If there is something that you find, that was missed int he errata thread, please post in that thread.
"We're trapped in the belly of this horrible machine And the machine is bleeding to death The sun has fallen down And the billboards are all leering And the flags are all dead at the top of their poles ...I open up my wallet And it's full of blood "~~Godspeed you black emperor.
Sureshot
Champion

Imo the errata will probably be released at the same time the second printing is available. It makes perefect business sense. Though I maybe wrong on that.

Enlightened Grognard

Colt47
Champion
Comment: Keeper of the Pies

Unread post by Colt47 »

Heh, I was a new player and got the Rifts RUE as my first book since it was the new main book. If it wasn't for my friend Keagan I probably would have never noticed the mistakes: Just the missing details like the leaping distances and stuff.
Norbu the Enchanter: Hello friends! What brings you to my shop today?

Big Joe: We need some things enchanted to take a beating...

Norbu: Perhaps you want your weapons enchanted? Or maybe a shield or sword? I can even enchant armor!

Big Joe: We need you to enchant this Liver, this heart, and these kidneys.

Norbu: :shock:
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Sureshot wrote:Imo the errata will probably be released at the same time the second printing is available. It makes perefect business sense. Though I maybe wrong on that.

I seem to remember that being the plan.

I either read it in a Murmur, Press Release, or in one of Kevin's post... or I am mistaken...

~ Josh
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

I have 13 of 'em. :P

Of course, 11 of 'em are in a sealed box. I'm the only person I know of (besides Kev) that has two of the first printing of the RMB. I've also got seven Rifts: Ultimate Gold.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Braden Campbell

Unread post by Braden Campbell »

You know the metric range on the C-27 plasma cannon is still 488 km ?

One would think after 11 printings of the old RMB, and a brand new Ultimate Edition, that someone, somewhere, would put in a freakin' decimal point!

That is why RUE needs to be re-printed... because its full of more glitches than Windows Vista.
Braden, GMPhD

If that doesn't prompt you to buy it, I don't know what else I can say.
The Galactus Kid

It will soon be reprinted. I didn't spend almost my entire internship and thensome ompiling errata and th like for it NOT to be.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Braden Campbell

Did you fix the C-27?
Are you the Chosen One who will finally set this right after 15 years?
;)
Braden, GMPhD

shadrak
Champion

Unread post by shadrak »

What is the problem with the C-27?
The Galactus Kid

Yes I fixed it. And yes, I am the chosen one. I fixed other things too. If it stays how I put it, the C-12 will go back to making sense.

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

The Galactus Kid wrote:Yes I fixed it. And yes, I am the chosen one. I fixed other things too. If it stays how I put it, the C-12 will go back to making sense.

I don't know...what did you do to the C-12?
The Galactus Kid

Made it fit with the text.

Dustin Fireblade
Knight

Well that's kinda vague....multiple people have read the same text and come to different conclusions on the weapons performance.
Braden Campbell

shadrak wrote:What is the problem with the C-27?

Have a close look at the range... compare the feet to the kilometers.

By the book, the C-27 can hit targets in England if fired from America... :roll: A simple mistake, but one that has been there since 1990.

...what did you do to the C-12?

Gave it a realistic burst damage, like it's supposed to have?
Braden, GMPhD

Return to “Rifts®”