Photos from VIP Friday - online - Saturday now too!

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Photos from VIP Friday - online - Saturday now too!

Unread post by J. Lionheart »

http://palladium.truedungeonfans.com/

19 pictures from tonight's VIP Friday, with captions. Enjoy!

EDIT------

14 pictures from Saturday added now as well!
Last edited by J. Lionheart on Sun May 07, 2006 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jeremiah Lionheart (Evan Cooney)
Only person ever to kill another player in KS's "Secret Enemy" game.
"Julius is convinced Evan Cooney was born to play Weasel Man." -Kevin
Warwolf
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: I am the Alpha of the Omega...
...The First of The Last...
...and this is the beginning of your end.

Unread post by Warwolf »

Good lord, a whole slew of stuff. Warpath, Void runners (described the basic concept... neat stuff), the talks with Harmony Gold going well, the problems with certain books (Lemuria, LOD3, etc.), and so much more that I don't have time to type it all out now. Maybe I'll have time later today (if I don't die of exhaustion first).
Yeah, everytime I see a blazingly obvious moron walking the streets... I think, "score one for the creationists..." ~ DLDC
Warwolf is right... you can sig that. ~ TGK
I refuse to participate in a battle of wits with an unarmed man. ~ Me
Josh Sinsapaugh
Comment: Carrying friends out of crowds and standing in the doorway looking like the Jack of Hearts since November 2008.

Unread post by Josh Sinsapaugh »

Jason Richards (in one of the pictures) is drinking Diet Coke....

....wimp. :P :lol:

~ Josh
Marrowlight
Knight
Comment: Listen very carefully, human...the fact that I even allow you to speak directly to me is a gift I bestow upon you. You do not order me. You beg for my appreciation and then wait to see if I choose to bestow it upon you.

Unread post by Marrowlight »

Josh Sinsapaugh wrote:Jason Richards (in one of the pictures) is drinking Diet Coke....

....wimp. :P :lol:

~ Josh

And eating uncurled curly fries?
Soon I Shall Bring Forth A New Beginning, And All Shall Be Made Mighty At The Touch Of My Hand

Petty tyrants thrive when they have authority backed by vague regulations.
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

Saturday's Pictures have been added. The link remains the same (now an index for pics from the different days.)
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

http://palladium.truedungeonfans.com/25.jpg - thats me.

http://palladium.truedungeonfans.com/21.jpg - also me, just below the yellow shirt on the left.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Reddenedone
Adventurer

Unread post by Reddenedone »

:-( :ugh:

You got Wolfen Throne Room you lucky lucky lucky dog!!
Jason Richards

Unread post by Jason Richards »

I am the most un-photogenic person on the PLANET. Anytime someone snaps a picture I'm in mid-word, or looking bizarre in some other way.

It also pains me to see just how high that forehead is getting. Ugh.
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Get the whole scoop at http://www.breachworld.com
Randomfist
Explorer

Unread post by Randomfist »

I can't believe you were in Phoenix and I wasn't invited for the second leg of your trip!!! ARGGGG!!!!
Jason Richards

gmask1 wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:I am the most un-photogenic person on the PLANET. Anytime someone snaps a picture I'm in mid-word, or looking bizarre in some other way.

My only shot from the Game Design convention is in the trash can because Jeffry and Kevin look wierd. Kevin looks like he's about to sneeze, and Jeffry looks like he just wants out of the panel. You're the only one that looks normal...

Hahaha, poor Jeff desperately had to run to the little boy's room and spent quite a while wondering if he should get up. I did the same thing in the Freelancer panel. :eek:
Support the Breachworld RPG! This D6 RPG is full-color and packed with handcrafted gaming goodness.

Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Jason Richards wrote:
gmask1 wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:I am the most un-photogenic person on the PLANET. Anytime someone snaps a picture I'm in mid-word, or looking bizarre in some other way.

My only shot from the Game Design convention is in the trash can because Jeffry and Kevin look wierd. Kevin looks like he's about to sneeze, and Jeffry looks like he just wants out of the panel. You're the only one that looks normal...

Hahaha, poor Jeff desperately had to run to the little boy's room and spent quite a while wondering if he should get up. I did the same thing in the Freelancer panel. :eek:

No offense Jason, but by the photos yesterday you all looked like death warmed over. :lol: I don't think I've seen such a tired bunch in a while!
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Leonardo T Dragon
D-Bee

Unread post by Leonardo T Dragon »

Apparently my old account is gone (due to lack of use on my slacker-part) but those pics brought a smile to my face.

Kevin's "Palladium of Desires" game was a blast to watch-- and the "wall-o-books" got a fair amount of my dollars. The weekend was an utter blast and a great way to help save my favorite gaming publisher!
Daily GIJoe news, Reviews, and more...
Jason Richards

Maryann wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
gmask1 wrote:

No offense Jason, but by the photos yesterday you all looked like death warmed over. :lol: I don't think I've seen such a tired bunch in a while!

Saturday night a bunch of us were at Denny's, and I went to wash my hands. When I looked in the mirror I barely recognized myself. It was the same with the pics at Gen Con last year.

Mental note: nex convention take group pictures FIRST.

Stormseed
Explorer

Unread post by Stormseed »

All I have to say is that Mid, NMI, and KC look way different than I expected.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Jason Richards wrote:
Maryann wrote:
Jason Richards wrote:
gmask1 wrote:

Saturday night a bunch of us were at Denny's, and I went to wash my hands. When I looked in the mirror I barely recognized myself. It was the same with the pics at Gen Con last year.

Mental note: nex convention take group pictures FIRST.
Yeah, me and the girlfriend stopped by Denny's as well. I would have joined you and the rest of the group but the girlfriend wanted "couple" time.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
J. Lionheart
Rifter® Contributer

I only took one picture on Sunday, due to stupidly forgetting to charge up my spare camera batteries. D'oh!

Oh well, I got a great shot of messiuers K. and H. Siembieda together infront of a big Nokia Glitter Boy stand-up.

I believe the collection of things I acquired on Sunday was:
A) "I survived the Palladium Open House"/25th anniversary T-shirt
B) Limited edition Discover the Megaverse T-shirt
C) Signed BTS2 Gold edition endsheet print
D) Original of the Wolfen bust statue from Wolfen Empire page 34, by Scott Johnson.
E) Original of the Wolfen battle line from Wolfen Empire page37, by Scott Johnson.
F) Original of the Wolfen officer in a lion pelt from Wolfen Empire page 41, by Scott Johnson.
G) Psyscape cover poster (advertising Rifts)
H) HU/TMNT poster
I) An extra copy of the HU2 mainbook, 'cause I played in Julius' HU2 game and hadn't brought my own.

Kev and company were kind enough to ship the stuff to me so I didn't have to try and take it as luggage and get it destroyed, hence no pics of it.

Thanks to the whole Palladium crew for a mind-blowingly cool event -
Special thanks to Thom Bartold for never tiring of telling me about the Defilers, to Julius Rosenstein for a fun game and other defiler tidbits, and to Kevin Siembieda for being endlessly gracious, willing to talk, and going out of his way to make every single attendee feel personally welcomed, at home, and happy.
Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

Overview from Kevin Siembieda coming Wednesday

Unread post by Kevin »

Hey Everyone,

Monday was still wild and today we've been playing catch up. I spent several hours writing my Overview of the Open House (six pages and counting) but it's 8:00 pm Tuesday and I wanna go home.

I'll post my overview tomorrow.

The short version . . . AWESOME! SPECTACULAR! A blast! Made more money than we've ever made at a Gen Con. Fans wonderful. Gaming fantastic. Panel discussions fun. If you missed it . . . you missed something special.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Reddenedone
Adventurer

Re: Overview from Kevin Siembieda coming Wednesday

Unread post by Reddenedone »

Kevin wrote:Hey Everyone,

Monday was still wild and today we've been playing catch up. I spent several hours writing my Overview of the Open House (six pages and counting) but it's 8:00 pm Tuesday and I wanna go home.

I'll post my overview tomorrow.

The short version . . . AWESOME! SPECTACULAR! A blast! Made more money than we've ever made at a Gen Con. Fans wonderful. Gaming fantastic. Panel discussions fun. If you missed it . . . you missed something special.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda

YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!!!!! :D :D :D

Return to “Palladium Open House”