Space Battle Map For Gencon Game 4

For all talk related to Robotech RPG Tactics™. A strategic, tactical board game brought to you by Palladium Books®, Ninja Division® and Harmony Gold®

Moderators: Phaze, Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Phaze
Megaversal® Ambassador Coordinator
Comment: Pirate Wisdom:
Rum is a journey, and a destination.

Space Battle Map For Gencon Game 4

Unread post by Phaze »

The final battle (Game 4 on Sunday Morning) Game board for GENCON.

This will be a space battle between the forces that were fighting in Macross City during the spacefold of the SDF-1. (I know I may be stretching canon a bit, but since there is multiple canons… :-D ) Ground Forces of both sides are locked in a bitter battle in the streets of Macross…suddenly the SDF-1 reenters the atmosphere over Macross Island, engages its Space Fold Drive and disappears along with Macross City, part of the island, part of the Pacific Ocean, and all of the combatants in the streets of Macross City.

Now, forces disoriented, pilots and their mecha assess the situation, regroup and continue the battle. Will the Zents overwhelm the defenders of the SDF-1, a claim the ship in the confusion? Or will the units of the UEDF use what they have, regroup, and mop up the area, before the main Zent Fleet discovers their location.

Here is the plan:

I need a 6X4 space field map. I found one at FrontLine Gaming. It is on order; I will review it when it arrives. http://www.frontlinegaming.org/shop/frontline-gaming-and-tablewar-gaming-mat-space-6x4%e2%80%b2-pre-order/ I plan to populate the map with several LOS blocking terrain. The smaller pieces would be the smaller debris left over from the island as the water and earth are pushed away from the area by the rapid decompression of the ‘bubble’ of atmosphere. The center piece would be a larger chunk of an outskirt of the city, with roads, concrete, and a demolished building still on its surface. Here is a basic layout:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/TheSpacePlan.png

More to come as I build this for GENCON.
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Re: Space Battle Map For Gencon Game 4

Unread post by Spinachcat »

Please take lots of photos at GenCon and post them!

I love the idea for the battle.
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

Just got a spacemat from Frontline Gaming. 6' X 4'

It came rolled up in a dust cover and must have weighed 7 pounds. Its made of neoprene (mousepad type material) and looks like it could take some punishment. Then I rolled it out.

WOW. It is beautiful. I couldn't believe I was going to spend more on vinyl.

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/starmat.jpg

Truly the best money I have spent on gaming. $85 plus shipping for a total of $102. Well worth every penny.

So if you are planning a space battle see the link above in the original post...
I'll still enjoy watching you get blown off the table while you stare in helpless wonder at Phaze's marching legions of colored perfection. -- Godsgopher
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I'm thinking about getting the Starmat, but I'm also wondering if it wouldn't be possible for Palladium to work with them in order to make an A.R.M.D. space platform mat.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

The Space map is done.

I found glass decorative rocks that looked like small ice asteroids. I glued them into bunches to represent the large volume of sea water that broke apart and froze.

I also took the prototype tile I made for the Macross City build: http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/20131009_190627.jpg and broke it apart, added layers, and proceeded to paint it. Finally I added a heavy white drybrush as everything froze in the far reaches of the solar system.

Here is the result:

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/20140811_235601.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/20140811_235734.jpg

http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g196/Jakovaltrade/Terrain%20Test%20Robotech/20140811_235757.jpg

Should be fun in 6 days!
Spinachcat
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Spinachcat »

THOSE PICS ARE AWESOME!!!

Please make sure that Alex M, Wayne and Kevin get links to those pics so they can put them in a Murmur or email.

Great job!
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Wow, that is amazing looking!

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
LtPebbles
Wanderer
Comment: Robotech® RPG Tactics™ Fan

Unread post by LtPebbles »

Nice looking map!

What you did with the broken up street section really sells it. Good job!
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

:ok: Great job! :ok:
Phaze

Unread post by Phaze »

Thanks! I had a blast running the games!

Return to “Robotech RPG Tactics™”