The Yin and Yang of people

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

The Yin and Yang of people

Unread post by Kevin »

Yin and Yang . . . the flow of life

This may sound silly, but I often feel like the hand of Fate is on my shoulder – or maybe it’s a guardian angel – pointing me in the right direction and reminding how lucky I am and how good people can be.

That's a welcomed reminder after last week’s little controversy online (thread deleted), and my post about why do we let people get under our skin sometimes. First, I got a couple dozen Private Messages that were predominantly kind and encouraging or helpful. You know the type of message that puts a smile on your face or make you stop and think for a minute. Thank you everyone.

I’ve also been concerned about sales. Despite our best efforts we have yet to release any new RPG products this year, books are piled up and sales are driven by new product releases. Thus, sales have dropped, which is typical for January, but also because a lot of fans have bought everything they need or want and are waiting for NEW product.

Then . . . bam! TEN copies of the Megaverse® United prints sell over the weekend and helped to bolster Palladium's sagging weekend sales! More good people trying to help out. Thank you, so much. Like I’ve said a million times, Palladium fans are the greatest. :)

Rifts Sourcebook One is progressing one slow page at a time. I feel like I finally have some momentum going, at least. I did 8 pages last Thursday, 11 pages on Friday and 20 pages on Saturday.

Took Sunday off to relax and watch more Veronica Mars with Kathy. We’re almost through the Second season, but then what?! We’ve missed half of the third season so we can’t start watching or DVRing the current season. :( I guess we’ll have to wait till it comes on DVD next Fall. Ah, that’s okay, I have a ton of work ahead of me and plenty of other movies and TV shows to watch (Battlestar Galactica and 24 seasons 1-5 for two ... the latter I intend to use to help get me inspired to work on Warpath).

I’m feeling a little sluggish today, Monday, and hope I’m not catching some darn bug. I don’t have time to get sick, darn it! I’ve gone through about 10 pages of rewriting and hope to get another 5-7 done before I knock off for the night, but I was hoping (needing) to do more like 30 pages a day. Arrgh.

At least the writing is starting to flow now.

There’s other stuff to talk about, but I’ll save them for another Murmur and get back to writing. I mainly just wanted to say hello and thanks, and to share some of my musings.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
President, Writer, Artist, and other things . . .
© January 22, 2007

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”