I need to watch myself

The latest thoughts and ramblings from the Palladium Books staff.

Moderator: AlexM

Kevin
Yeah, The Publisher Guy

I need to watch myself

Unread post by Kevin »

I need to watch myself

We are working hard to get The Rifter® #57 and Rifts® Lemuria finished and to the printer. We are fighting deadlines and I was hot writing. Old habits die hard, so I pushed myself too hard. Put in a long 14 hours at work. Ate dinner late, around 10:00 PM (I shouldn't eat later than 7:30), so my blood sugar level spiked to the highest I’ve seen in three months! Yikes. Yes, I know one bad day is not a big deal, and my blood sugar level was much better by this morning (close to where it needs to be), but it still made me angry and sad.

I need to learn to change my lifestyle along with eating healthier and stick to it. No more days longer than 12 hours, no matter what the deadline is. I hate having diabetes, but I'm stuck with it so I better learn to live with it and stick to the plan to stay healthy.

Got up at 6:30 this morning and got to work. Been finishing my part of The Rifter® #57 and can hardly wait to get back to Rifts® Lemuria. Both books are awesome.

Spoke with Rifts® Lemuria author Greg Diaczyk this morning and boy is he pumped up about it. Me too. Want to finish it up pronto.

Orders were finally strong last night. Hopefully they'll continue through the weekend. Thanks folks.

Quick ReminderX-Mas Surprise Package offer ends midnight on Sunday, January 15, 2012, so this is it. Your last chance to order one.

The Christmas Surprise Package is the best bargain of the New Year:
● Get $80-$90 (sometimes more) worth of Palladium product for only $38 plus shipping and handling.
● Ask for autographs and the available staff will sign your books.
● Get original art by Mike Wilson, Kent Burles or the Mannings (art from the other artists are GONE. These guys all donate their artwork so you can enjoy it).
● Get the books you’ve been wanting, or T-shirts, prints, bookmarks and other cool stuff.
● Try a new game or world setting.
● Complete your collection.
● Get enough gaming material to keep you busy all winter.
● Great gifts for Valentine’s Day, birthdays, anniversaries, etc.
● Ideal for Canada and Overseas Palladium fans, because even with shipping you are paying around the cover price for books, plus getting autographs and other goodies. We highly recommend folks overseas try to take advantage of this opportunity before it is gone.
● Last weekend to order. Offer ends midnight January 15, 2012.

http://palladium-store.com/1001/product ... ckage.html

That’s it for now.

Sincerely,
Kevin Siembieda
Publisher, Writer, Game Designer and Optimist

© Copyright January 13, 2012 Palladium Books Inc. All rights reserved.

Rifts®, The Rifter®, RECON®, Splicers®, Palladium Books®, Phase World®, The Palladium Fantasy Role-Playing Game®, Megaverse®, Nightbane®, The Mechanoids®, The Mechanoid Invasion®, Coalition Wars® and After the Bomb® are Registered Trademarks of Palladium Books Inc. Heroes Unlimited™, Beyond the Supernatural, Dead Reign, Warpath, Shemarrian Nation, and other published book titles, names, slogans and likenesses are trademarks of Palladium Books Inc., and Kevin Siembieda.

Robotech® and Robotech® The Shadow Chronicles® are Registered Trademarks of Harmony Gold USA, Inc.

Return to “Murmurs from the Megaverse®”