Glass Stairway

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

looks good. definately some good thought was put in to the personalities of these npc's. Now for some stats!!!
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
dragon_blaze_99
Hero

Unread post by dragon_blaze_99 »

looks great M
The mind is the gateway to the future
Ethics are so annoying. I avoid them on principle
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Strangely enough, I think I kinda understand what Daltry was saying. They probablyshould have let him calm down before trying to tackle that confused guy. :-P
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
MrMom
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by MrMom »

I like your concept and ideas on the inhabitents.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Monstrosity only warrants level 10 containment? Well, I suppose he is only third level. :-P
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

nameneeded wrote:Why do they ALL have claws? Is it a consiracy? Were they on sale??
Ha, I just noticed that myself.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

This is cool :ok: , looking forward to more stuff. You definately put some
flesh on to these N.P.C.s.
abtex
Champion

Re: Glass Stairway

Unread post by abtex »

Nice friendly bunch. Glad they are on the other side of the wall.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mephisto wrote:I am working on some "projects" that S.C.R.E.T. has going, that are largely unknown except to those involved, including S.C.R.E.T. Brass and top administrative officials in Department of Homeland Security. They include Karthan's Laboratory (a secret genetic engineering complex under the watchful eye of Doctor Cynthia Karthan), the Reelteck Corporation, where all of the R&D for S.C.R.E.T. Weaponry and exoskeletons are developed, and the Glass Stairway, a repository of super secret relics, weapons, technology, and individuals that is pretty much an urban legend in the vein of Area 51. What follows is a "teaser" of what I am working on, and am wondering what everyone thinks, and should I flesh it out considerably, or work on something else?

anything ever done with these projects?
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

I love this thread!
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Cybermancer
Hero

Unread post by Cybermancer »

Mephisto wrote: A normal girl growing up in Quebec, Sabine would have her life torn asunder by a rare rock with glowing embers emanating from it. Upon exposure to the rock, she began to change, her arms started to bulge painfully as she ran into her house. Her parents were horrified at the change, but also at the public perception about their daughter. After several acts of vandalism, they agreed to have her sent to the U.S. To undergo tests to see what happened to her, and they remain in close communication with the team that is monitoring her.
As far as the team is concerned it's a good thing they got her when they did. Her powerful and destructive Atomizing Aura didn't manifest until she left Canada, and it took several powerful psychics to subdue her. Even now they are unsure if she will ever fully control her power, and worry that many villains would want to control such a weapon that is capable of such absolutely horrific damage.
Note that right now, she is shielding herself with Hyperdensity and the Atomizing Aura. She is incapable of being moved for any reason and is only suspended there, held by the Atomizing Aura. Lord Equinox is trying to find a vulnerability in her to allow him to control her, but has so far been stymied. However, as an Immortal he is not that perturbed and is using his vast knowledge and experience to find ways to engage a truly fascinating and difficult opponent in Sabine.

Why?

Why did her parents take the extraordinary step of sending her to another nation for treatment/observation? Canada is not exactly a developing nation. It's medical technology and knowledge is equal to anything available in the USA. And while I don't personally agree with how SCRETS is written in Villians Unlimited, by canon, Canada has it's own SCRETS organization with the same point buy/resources as the one in the USA. It seems awfully naive to think that a first world nation such as Canada wouldn't have it's own facilities to deal with super beings. I don't see any reason for the parents to send her to the USA in this situation.

It comes off as a contrived means to add an international feel to this.

So why have her be from Canada or Quebec at all? If you changed the word "Quebec" and "Canada" in your description to "New Orleans", and the "US" to "Washington", the character doesn't change at all. Again, there seems to be no purpose in having her being a Quebec native. It does however break verisimilitude as it is.

Also, her alignment of Scrupulous doesn't seem to fit the rest of her description. These statements specifically:

After several acts of vandalism...
If the damage is caused by mistake, it's not vandalism. Some other form of criminal negligence, possibly, but not vandalism. Since vandalism is a deliberate crime, a scrupulous character wouldn't be doing it.

...it took several powerful psychics to subdue her.
Why did she need to be subdued? The word suggests she was actively attacking those around her and therefore had to be subdued. Was she trying to escape? Or was she just standing there while her powers went amok? What exactly was it the psychics did to subdue her?

...she doesn't hate people but won't go out of her way to help most humans outside of her steadfast parents.
This is not scrupulous behavior. A scrupulous character does try to help those around them. This is more fitting of Unprincipled.

For this character I think you need to address several questions.

1. Why make her a Canadian from Quebec at all? What does it add to her character and personality beyond the ability to speak french?

2. Why the extraordinary measure of sending her to the USA when there are likely to be similar resources available (and paid for by Health Care programs) in her home nation?

3. Does her assigned alignment match her personality and actions to date?
I was raised to beleive if you can't say something nice about a person, say nothing at all. This has led to living a very quiet life.

Someone who tells you what to think is trying to control you. Someone who teaches you how to think is trying to free you.

WWVLD?
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

. They include Karthan's Laboratory (a secret genetic engineering complex under the watchful eye of Doctor Cynthia Karthan), the Reelteck Corporation, where all of the R&D for S.C.R.E.T. Weaponry and exoskeletons are developed
I was referring more to this portion.
Sir_Spirit
Invisible Pink Unicorn

Re:

Unread post by Sir_Spirit »

nameneeded wrote:Why do they ALL have claws? Is it a consiracy? Were they on sale?

They all have Chi as well.
Maybe level 10 is just for clawed people.
Have to give ICon claws then.
Damn ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol! Damn everyone who won’t damn ICE/BCP/Border Patrol!! Damn everyone that won’t put lights in his windows and sit up all night damning CE/BCP/BorderPatrol!!!
If you support ICE/BCP/BorderPatrol at this point, you would have called the Gestapo on the people surreptitiously moving into your neighbor's attic and huffed that you were only following the law.
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Mephisto wrote:
Mr. Deific NMI wrote:
. They include Karthan's Laboratory (a secret genetic engineering complex under the watchful eye of Doctor Cynthia Karthan), the Reelteck Corporation, where all of the R&D for S.C.R.E.T. Weaponry and exoskeletons are developed
I was referring more to this portion.

Well, I still need to develop Doctor Cynthia Karthan more. She is a lovely character but I haven't out how to develop her personality. The Reelteck Corporation is a PPP, so they get a pretty good deal. Having a deal with major retailers for mundane electronic items (such as the fame Reel Watches, Reel Calorie Counters and Reel Flashlights) that helps offset the costs of their R&D. And they also get public money by providing gear to a publicly funded outfit, named S.C.R.E.T. Damon Lazarius is more wary of them than the Fabricator is, because the Fabricator knows that he has an effective business model while Damon is worried about the long term; in ten years, his way of life could be ruined easily by the Reelteck Corporation.

Any more updates to this?

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”