FN PS90

1'st edition, Deluxe Revised. Military strategies are the thing to discuss here. Oh yeah and how much damage that land mine will do.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Grey Death
Adventurer

FN PS90

Unread post by Grey Death »

I was at the gun show a couple weeks ago. I saw a couple different dealers with the FN PS90. The civilian version of the PS90. Has any here ever shot a PS90 or a P90? If so I would like to here your thoughts. I got to imagine finding ammo for one is a bear.
Hale Chidduck: Do you believe in karma?
Joe Sarno: Karma's justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Never shot one, but the information I've heard is that it generates about as little felt recoil as anything firing hotter than .22LR could hope for.

It also makes nice neat tiny holes in things.
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
Rockwolf66
Hero

Unread post by Rockwolf66 »

well if anything it is accurate.

http://battlerifles.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?p=232157&highlight=ps90#232157

As for the f.7 itself..

http://battlerifles.ambackforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=30793&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

the people at several of the Class III internet forums make SBR's out of them rather often( think semi-automatic clone of the P-90 PDW. My real issues with the firearm is that the P-90 has been known to leave ones opponant still able to fight. I know of two incidents of that happening...

First was in Peru where one Terrorist killed a P-90 armed SF trooper. the terrorist was shot and killed his shooter before dieing. The other incident off the top of my head is a Huston PD member shot a man TWENTY times without stopping a man.
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Like I said, nice tiny holes.

All the development of the weapon has been to producing a low recoil, armour penetrating high capacity weapon.

This leads to somewhat questionable effects on the human body.

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Grey Death
Adventurer

Jefffar wrote:Like I said, nice tiny holes.

All the development of the weapon has been to producing a low recoil, armour penetrating high capacity weapon.

This leads to somewhat questionable effects on the human body.

Remove the armour penetrating part. And I would swear you were talking about an M-1 carbine or an M-16. :D :P

Seriously though I know its designed to pentrate body armor. And that vehicle armor is other animal entirely. But would this be a good light anti vehicle weapon? I only say this because would this high velocity AP round pentrate a vehicle to reach the occupants inside? Or possibly the vitals or the vehicle itself? Just some food for thought.
Joe Sarno: Karma's justice without the satisfaction. I don't believe in justice.
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

It should penetrate a non-armoured vehicle just fine. It's overall penetration is probably a little less than an M-16's so any truely armoured vehicle will be more or less immune.

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

CS Jarhead wrote:Why is the barrel so long for the civy version? This ruins its sweetness factor! I am sure dummy supressors will be offered for it just like for UZIs. How is barrel length (the max under FFA is 16 inches I believe). measured on bullpup configured weapons. Well lets hope for a Short Barreled Rifle version for those of us in freedom loving states. :D

Not sure how barrel length is measured regarding bullpup weapons (I would think that technically the “barrel” begins where the bullet is feed) but that is the reason why the civilianized version of the P90 has the long barrel.

Also regarding the armor piecing factor of the weapon, I’m sure that is one of the reasons why the U.S. Secret Service uses the P90.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Ronald Reagan, President of the United States; 1985
Jefffar
Supreme Being

Unread post by Jefffar »

I suspet having a hig concealability factor yet great accuracy and a 50 round magazine capacity contribute a fair bit too.

jedi078
Champion
Comment: The next group of player characters to surrender in one of my games are going to play Russian roulette.

Unread post by jedi078 »

Jefffar wrote:I suspet having a hig concealability factor yet great accuracy and a 50 round magazine capacity contribute a fair bit too.

I think your suspicions are right.

I wish DSS had gone with the P90 after they phased out the Uzi, but they went with the Colt 9mm instead.
Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But, the Marines don't have that problem".
Grey Death
Adventurer

By Colt 9mm, are you referring to the Colt Model 635? If so thats to bad. They would have been better off staying with the Uzi. If something aint broke dont fix it. Of course I do find the Ruger MP9 interesting. It was designed by Uziel Gal. Its supposed to be a improved Uzi.
jedi078
Champion

Unread post by jedi078 »

Grey Death wrote:By Colt 9mm, are you referring to the Colt Model 635?

Yes, as for not breaking what not broke I'm not sure the reason why the change was made I could ask though.

Return to “Recon® & Recon® Modern Combat”