Mega-Psychic (My Version)

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ZEN
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by ZEN »

Looks good to me, lets update that old page eh?
8-)

Oh yeah, have you got any new psi powers to add to this page Mephisto?
I wouldn't mind adding some new powers in there, similar to the new Cybernetics added to the Hardware: Cyber doc page.
(that goes for everyone.. got any new psi powers you want to share?)
Little Sculptures
Hand crafted fantasy miniatures.
acreRake
Hero
Comment: Greatest Rune Gardenweasel

Unread post by acreRake »

Kittenstomp wrote:Healing Psionics
01-06: Attack Disease (HU2)
07-11: Bio-Regeneration (HU2)
12-17: Calm Rage (PU1)
18-22: Deaden Pain (HU2)
23-28: Detect Psionics (HU2)
29-33: Exorcism (HU2)
34-38: Healing Touch (HU2)
39-44: Increased Healing (HU2)
45-50: Induce Sleep (HU2)
51-56: Lust for Life (HU2)
57-62: Mask ISP & Psionics (HU2)
63-68: Psychic Diagnosis (HU2)
69-74: Psychic Purification (HU2)
75-80: Psychic Surgery (HU2)
81-86: Resist Fatigue (HU2)
87-93: Suppress Fear (HU2)
94-00: Wound Transfer (PU1)

Physical Psionics
01-04: Alter Aura (HU2)
05-09: Deaden Senses (HU2)
10-13: Death Trance (HU2)
14-18: Ectoplasm (HU2)
19-22: Ectoplasmic Disguise (HU2)
23-27: Float (HU2)
28-31: Impervious to Cold (HU2)
32-36: Impervious to Fire (HU2)
37-40: Impervious to Poison/Toxin (HU2)
41-45: Levitation (HU2)
46-49: Mind Block (HU2)
50-54: Nightvision (HU2)
55-58: Resist Fatigue (HU2)
59-63: Resist Hunger (HU2)
64-67: Resist Thirst (HU2)
68-72: Summon Inner Strength (HU2)
73-76: Spontaneous Combustion (HU2)
77-81: Telekinesis (HU2)
82-85: Telekinetic Leap (HU2)
86-90: Telekinetic Punch (HU2)
91-95: Telekinetic Push (HU2)
96-00: Teleport Object (HU2)

Sensitive Psionics
01-05: Astral Projection (HU2)
06-10: Clairvoyance (HU2)
11-15: Empathy (HU2)
16-20: Intuitive Combat (PU1)
21-25: Machine Ghost (PU1)
26-30: Mask ISP & Psionics (PU1)
31-35: Mimic Skills (PU1)
36-40: Mind Block (HU2)
41-45: Object Read (HU2)
46-50: Precognition (PU1)
51-55: Read Dimensional Portal (PU1)
56-60: See the Invisible (HU2)
61-65: Sense Evil (HU2)
66-70: Sense Magic (HU2)
71-75: Sense Time (HU2)
76-80: Sensory Link (PU1)
81-85: Sixth Sense (HU2)
86-90: Speed Reading (HU2)
91-95: Telepathy (HU2)
96-00: Total Recall (HU2)

Super Psionics
01-03: Advanced Trance State (HU2)
04-06: Bio-Alteration (PU1)
07-09: Bio-Manipulation (HU2)
10-12: Bio-Regeneration (Super) (HU2)
13-15: Cure Insanity (HU2)
16-18: Electrokinesis (HU2)
19-20: Empathic Transmission (HU2)
21-23: Group Mind Block (HU2)
24-25: Group Trance (HU2)
26-27: Hydrokinesis (HU2)
28-30: Hypnotic Suggestion (HU2)
31-33: Insert Memory (HU2)
34-35: Invisible Haze (HU2)
36-38: Mimic Skills (PU1)
39-41: Mental Illusion (HU2)
42-44: Mentally Possess Others (HU2)
45-48: Mind Block Auto-Defense (HU2)
49-51: Mind Bolt (HU2)
52-53: Mind Bond (HU2)
54-55: Mind Wipe (HU2)
56-57: PPE Shield (HU2)
58-60: Psi-Shield (HU2)
61-63: Psi-Sword (HU2)
64-66: Psionic Invisibility (PU1)
67-69: Psychic Body Field (PU1)
70-71: Psychic Omni-Sight (PU1)
72-74: Psychosomatic Disease (PU1)
75-77: Pyrokinesis (HU2)
78-81: Remote Viewing (PU1)
82-84: Steal Memory (PU1)
85-86: Steal Skills (PU1)
87-89: Telekinesis (Super) (HU2)
90-92: Telekinetic Force Field (HU2)
93-00: Telemechanics (HU2), if Telemechanics is already possessed, the character gains Telemechanic Mental Operation, then Paralysis, then Possession, (PU1).
/just sayin'...
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

Mephisto wrote:
AJ Pickett wrote:Looks good to me, lets update that old page eh?
8-)

I wouldn't mind adding some new powers in there, similar to the new Cybernetics added to the Hardware: Cyber doc page.

I have some powers in the works, but I don't want to recreate the wheel if anyone (namely that HU2 power-making-machine Icx(z)er has already doing something along this line. But I have an NPC, Brain Freak, that has some truly bizarre psi-powers that I may post.

I must see these powers
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
Daejiv
D-Bee

Unread post by Daejiv »

Looks good keep up the good work
Jonny Conkle
Daejiv = Daemon + Jarvis
Heroes Unlimited Gamer
Great Simmer
Prince Cherico
Hero
Comment: Remember also that the smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights, cannot claim to be defenders of minorities
Ayn Rand

Unread post by Prince Cherico »

gadrin wrote:
AJ Pickett wrote:Looks good to me, lets update that old page eh?
8-)

where do you want them?

post here? email you ?

Post them here :D :D
Svartalf- if Cherico were a character created in a point game system, he'd have all his scores in geeky skills and his youtube and weird net stuff schticks all paid through a a Terminal Bad Luck (with more nasty GM intervention) disadvantage, and probably an Uncouth (can not have social skills) disad as well...
In an RPG with deadly situations that character would have had to be replaced a dozen times over[
blade76
Explorer

Unread post by blade76 »

Hey, hint of advice bhegr created on his site desginations for psionic potential, what I did was ignore the proess and take as my focus for the mega-psychic, one designation which would also coincide with my area of specialization , and the character I created at 15th level rules his galaxy, I'm not joking at least a million times stronger than any teeker around due to astrokinesis which enhances duration and range of powers and the combination of special powers on designation white and he is wiping out entire fleets on his own though he did have to go to trade up three superpsionics for the major super power " overload '' as per bhegr's rules for acquiring mega-powers but beyond is unbeatable in anything resembling a faifight.
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Mega-Psychic (My Version)

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Hmmm, gonna have to check to see if this made it into the Black Vault Wiki... Hmmm. it appears ZEN had a version of this, too. Anyhow, got this one in there as well now.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Re: Mega-Psychic (My Version)

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

Mephisto wrote:time for some thread necromancy...

Psychic Melting: Any psychic can perform this feat, but at great cost to his or her own physical abilities. The effects are doubled for Mega-Psychics, and thus they are most likely to perform psychic melting. Psychic Melting is the characters ability to channel the flesh and blood life force, attributes (except M.E.), S.D.C., P.P.E. and Hit Points into more powerful psychic assaults and I.S.P. values, the idea being that "melting" the physical portions of the body results in more potent, if temporary, increases to psychic abilities. There are however, some drawbacks.

For one, lost attribute points only recover at a rate of one point per two hours of meditation (sleep and rest don't count) and that is only one attribute, not point of attribute (i.e. one P.S. and two M.A. would require six hours of meditation to recover. Other than lost bonuses, there are no real disadvantages to losing attribute points, unless ones I.Q. falls below five, then the character will forever lose the knowledge of how to meditate, and can never regain lost attribute points.

Another point is that S.D.C., and Hit Points recover at a rate of 4 points per hour of meditation, but normal healing does not help and bio-regeneration also does not occur. Keep in mind that this meditation does not work in concurrence with recovering attribute points, they must be done separately.

The unique recovery is P.P.E. The characters P.P.E. recovers at a rate of 3 per hour of meditation and is done in concurrence with the above two forms of meditation, 1 per hour of rest or sleep, but none while active.

The benefits to the character for Psychic Melting are pretty straightforward: sacrifice now to defeat an enemy you might otherwise never defeat. P.S., P.P., P.E., P.B., Spd. and Hit Points provide the greatest immediate boost; adding +10 to I.S.P. per point melted from the character. I.Q., M.A., and S.D.C. provide a lesser boost of +6 to I.S.P. per point melted from the character. P.P.E. provides a bonus of +3 to I.S.P. per point melted, but also has the result of the character suffering -1 to save vs possession and magic on top of the lost P.P.E. points, so it's not a total freebie.

This is a power possessed by Master and Major psychics, but not minor psychics, including Sleuth psychics, Nega-Psychics (although Master, they cannot perform this ability), Psychic Experiments, or Minor heroes.

Would this be considered a Super Psionic ability? Not sure how to categorize it.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”