Centaur tank?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Last edited by glitterboy2098 on Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

in terms of the show. (personal opinion)

basara's centaur is a alien technology testbed of sorts, using an existing but flawed design. it existed prior to the SDF crash, but was too advanced an idea for the time. then with the addition of alien tech, they improve it and use it to study how to intergrate the advances they are finding. its universe independant, you can fit into any version you want.

the RR version is way too steeped in the guy's personal world (making it hard to use in anyother), and the backgroud fluff just doesn't flow as well. so the early RDF, or part of it, decides a veritech tank is more desirable than a VT, then just goes off and builds this contraption, which is little more than a tank with the ability to raise its turret up on a platform, and this is the direct ancestor of the VHT?
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

The Tornado combat tank and the Dark Knight tank are the tanks that Colo. Johnithen Wolf made his name with during the Malcontent uprisings. The MU occured between Kyron's attack on the SDF-1 and the launch of the SDF-3. Mostly taking place during the construction of the SDF-3. This is also the time in which The Army of the Southern Cross started to become a major player in the world.

These tanks are both were in use from just after the macross era and through to the invid ocupation.

To get a semi-cannon picture of these tanks your best bet is the Robotech: Malcontent Uprisings comic serise.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

The Hovertank is from the Comics, The Majoirty of them are Considred "Extended Continuity" AKA, non-canon. From reviewing the 2 Designs presented here for the centuare, Stans happens to be more Balanced to any Ear of play, the other one is a Tad on the Munchkin side, for a Generation 1 Mecha.

heres the File fomr the uRRG : VHT-1 Centaur Veritech Hover Tank
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

Well the tanks in the RT:MCU are not battliods in any sort. they are just tanks that can crouch up to get a better firing clearance. The treads sort of form into four crude legs to raise the turret. If you've seen Dominon:Tank Police then the concept is there in your brain already, its how Leorna's Tank bonapart was desined to do....sort of. :D

This pict is about the extent of what the the tank I'm discribing could do. w/o the other fancy smancy bot like arms and things.
http://www.artemisgames.com/robotech/new.images/Veritech/VHT-1(2).jpg
olsonk

Well to each his own

Unread post by olsonk »

glitterboy2098 wrote:Centaur hover tank, robotechresearch.com

Centaur hover tank, Stan Bundy's (Basara's) robotech and rifts game page

i prefer basara's, its more intresting and makes more sense.

That is why we have more than one flavor of ice cream, no hard feelings. I will say that Stan has had his stats out far longer than mine on Robotech Research, which are based heavily on the work presented on the Unofficial Robotech Reference Guide. I consider Stan a friend and his web page was one of the reasons why I started Robotech Research back in '97.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Corradus wrote:Sure thing sir, here it is:

Link curtailed by moderator

Though reading it I kind of answered my own question...this tank was a precursor to Destroids it seems.

And on the same site they have something called an 'Earth Trekker' which is a gas powered turbine precursor to destroids! Oh how I coulda used this 20 years ago....

In the future please do not use links that are so long they won't fit onto the screen without scrolling. The forum rules require all text to fit without scrolling on a full screen browser window at 800x600 resolution.
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Tinker Dragoon wrote:

Though reading it I kind of answered my own question...this tank was a precursor to Destroids it seems.

And on the same site they have something called an 'Earth Trekker' which is a gas powered turbine precursor to destroids! Oh how I coulda used this 20 years ago....

In the future please do not use links that are so long they won't fit onto the screen without scrolling. The forum rules require all text to fit without scrolling on a full screen browser window at 800x600 resolution.

I hate to be a Stickin the mud, but the Rules of the Board dosent mention anything abotu Scrolling or 800x600 screens.. is this new?
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

About the Centaur's performance...

just to show you how utterly vapid the writers from Eternity were....

The Centaur is a design from the 3rd World War (Global War in the late '90s) but somehow has better weapons than the newer Spartas. It also fields armour that cannot be perforated by particle beam fire from the auto-cannon on the Spartas.....

Utter nonsense.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Dont you know, Old tech is always better, espeically if it is from the Macross era,..... but ti the Centuare is so good.... how about the Panzer!

MDC by location:

main body: 1
treeds: 0.1

Weapons:

Gun- 1D4x10 SDC.

SEE SO much better then that Spartas.
Tinker Dragoon
Supreme Being

Unread post by Tinker Dragoon »

Colonel Wolfe wrote:
Tinker Dragoon wrote:

I hate to be a Stickin the mud, but the Rules of the Board dosent mention anything abotu Scrolling or 800x600 screens.. is this new?

Ah you're right, that's actually from the Signature Rules, not the regular posting rules. Nevertheless it is rather annoying to try to read posts that stretch beyond the screen boundaries (and I'm using a 1024x768 display! :eek: ).
There you go man, keep as cool as you can.
Face piles of trials with smiles. It riles
them to believe that you perceive the web they weave
and keep on thinking free.

-- The Moody Blues, In the Beginning
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Believe me, i use 1028x768, that was an annoyance. I cant find all the rules, so i was wondering if it was a new one, thanks.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”