Robotech and Rifter Questions

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Cpt. J. Hunter

Robotech and Rifter Questions

Unread post by Cpt. J. Hunter »

Why is there no new Robotech or Macross II Palladium books? Or any books for that matter? Did Palladium lose the rights or something?
If that is the case, I have some new mecha and O.C.C. that I wanted to send to Palladium for the Rifter that are for Robotech and Macross game is it still possible to send those.
I'm new here, so if these questions are inappropriate in anyway or in the wrong forum I apologize.
PigLickJF
Adventurer

Unread post by PigLickJF »

Yes, Palladium lost all rights to the Robotech license. So, don't bother sending in those Rifter submissions, unless you want to just try and make them into Rifts material instead.

PigLick
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Yep, it's a shame, but Palladium opted not to renew their liscensing agreement with Harmony Gold to continue the RPG. Too bad too. I'm still missing one of the VHS tapes they were releasing and my collection will now never be complete. :(
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

Lenwë Ancalímon wrote:You can get the entire Robotech series on DVD now at just about any movie/electronics store. Unless you specifically wanted VHS.

and what about the Sentinels material?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Dave the dragon
Explorer

Unread post by Dave the dragon »

Is there a site for hosting Robotech PB stuff that is still running? I still play, and was lookin for new stuff.
"What Darwin was too polite to say, my friends, is that we came to rule the earth not because we were the smartest, or even the meanest, but because we have always been the craziest, most murderous ****** in the jungle."
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Re: Robotech and Rifter Questions

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Cpt. J. Hunter wrote:Why is there no new Robotech or Macross II Palladium books? Or any books for that matter? Did Palladium lose the rights or something?
If that is the case, I have some new mecha and O.C.C. that I wanted to send to Palladium for the Rifter that are for Robotech and Macross game is it still possible to send those.
I'm new here, so if these questions are inappropriate in anyway or in the wrong forum I apologize.

Palladium no longer Supports the Lines. Robotech, Macross2 and TMNT were all droped in the 90's.

I'm not completly Sure why Palladium Keeps this Forum open. It only Leads to Confusion for New Gamers who see the Robotech forum, and think "WoW! palladium produces a Robotech RPG, I love Robotech!" then leads to Disapointment when they post a Question like this one, and Find out the Line was Canclled over 5 years ago, Making the books a rare find, and slightly expensive.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”