Could a 50' Zentradie become a cyborg in rifts?

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Would you allow one in your game?

Yes, the more the marrier
74%
No way, too powerful
26%

Total votes: 27

Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Well, honestly I voted for 'Yes', but there would have to be a really rational and believable way for the whole thing to come about- from why the big 'ole blue-boy needs bionic conversion in the first place, to who can make such a conversion possible (and if it's in that factions interest to do so).
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

To 'borg up a full size Zent, you'd have to rework completely from the frame of a giant bot vehicle and probably improvise... even in the 3 galaxies I don't know of races that size that practice bionics
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Well, Zents arent shown to be 50 foot by the Serise Animation, (see countless posts on Zent heights).

I voted yes, but I'd could never see the Zent High Command or the Robotech Master Wasteing the Resources to Rebuild a Single Warrior in to a Borg, you can Pile the same amount of Fire power on a Mecha (if not more).

Cybernetics may be what Bretie has on his Face.

In a Sick RT/3 Galaxies X-over, The Master May use 35 foot Zent Cyborgs. They'd be Great Shock Troopers. But as Z said, They'd be compariativly Weak compared to Human scale Cyborgs... Keep the Same ArmorStrenght Ratio... a Full Zent Cybord Should ahve 3500 MDC or So, before you Put on Cyborg armor.
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Jefffar
Supreme Being
Comment: Being a moderator doesn't mean I speak for Palladium Books. It just makes me the lifeguard at their pool.

Unread post by Jefffar »

Well, a 50' 'borg wold have to coem from the tech groups producing .50 bots, so look to NGR, Kittani, CCW, Armatech . . .
Official Hero of the Megaverse

Dead Boy wrote:All hail Jefffar... King of the Mods

Co-Holder with Ice Dragon of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

Palladium Forums of the Megaverse Rules

If you need to contact Palladium Books for any reason, click here.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

I voted no because they would not have the parts in XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX Large.
Last edited by drewkitty ~..~ on Thu Oct 14, 2004 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

My vote is yes with conditions. A partial conversion borg along the lines of Mindwerks Brodkil, but with robot parts would fit the bill nicely. Some of the parts used for Russian borgs would be the closest in size, but would still be roughly 1/3 the size needed. Weapons, and that sort of thing would work work well, and be relatively small on the Zen.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Lt Gargoyle
Champion
Comment: Well men if we're going to die, then let us die with honor.

Unread post by Lt Gargoyle »

I voted yes. But i would put some restrictions to them since it is not likely to be readily available. I would agree that the masters would not even waste the effort. And that according to the game rules the common Zent. is not going to have the ability to preform the operation. Nor is it likely the warrior would allow it. since they crave a glorious death in battle.
However it is possible that the hyper comp computer on the GR-95 robotech factory in the return of the master could come up with this idea. and it would have access to many things including medical facilities.
Well men if we are destine to die, let us die with honor

If all of your wishes are granted then many of your dreams will be destroyed.

The final form of a person character lies in their own hands

Svartalf
Champion

Reminder to those who speak of using robot parts... those parts would have to be completely reworked to be used for a 'borg, if only because the command circuits would have to be spliced in with the organic nervous system, and not just be a classical mesh of wire and hydraulics...
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Since Robotech A.I.'s are very Advanced, the creation of Borgs is not something that would be useful for them. The Hypercomputer could Easily Program AI's in to MEcha rather then use Borg technology.

The Masters Empire Has supream Technology in Cloning, Mecha, Cybernetics and Computer AI. They could do most anything thats Avalible in Rifts Save Magic... but Once Technology Advanced to a point, it seams like magic to more backwards societys
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
RockJock
Knight

Unread post by RockJock »

You can always do a giant brain trasfer into a Devastator with it's patented cardboard laminate armor.
RockJock, holder of the mighty Rune Rock Hammer!
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

I said yes...again, as most others have posted...dependant on parts and the availability of people to manufacture the parts... :D

Once it's all said and done, maybe quadruple the MDC of basic borg parts. :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Yes...I thought it would be pretty outrageous to give Zentraedi something like the TW bionics that the Demonaix(from SoT) use....

It's also been suggested that in Macross:DYRL, that many of the high command Zentraedi like Breetai already have bionics, especially computer interface implants, while Advisors like Exedore, have been augmented with bioware
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Aside from Macross stuff...

35ft Zent Borgs are not to out of the Technological range of the Masters. But its more Eeonomical for the Masters to Keep the Zents in there Paper Thin Armored Pods.
Its Like the Logic behind the TIE Fighter in Starwars: Big Guns, Paper Armor... you can build 20 for the Price of one Regular Space Fighter.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

You all are reffering back to the RT univers when the question refers to teh rifts setting. So you are missing the point of the question when you are talking about puting the Zent into a vindicator mecha, and that the RT masters could make a borg zent.

The question was weather of not someone on rifts earth could/would do it.

Yes they could rework robot parts to fit the bill for a partial borg convertions that dose not involve the major orgons of the body, but that would be it. A total borg convertion would not be possisble for a full sized zent, because the parts wouldn't be there. The ones that they would have would be too small for the zent.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Ben Quash wrote:You all are reffering back to the RT univers when the question refers to teh rifts setting. So you are missing the point of the question when you are talking about puting the Zent into a vindicator mecha, and that the RT masters could make a borg zent.

The question was weather of not someone on rifts earth could/would do it.

Yes they could rework robot parts to fit the bill for a partial borg convertions that dose not involve the major orgons of the body, but that would be it. A total borg convertion would not be possisble for a full sized zent, because the parts wouldn't be there. The ones that they would have would be too small for the zent.

Well, I'm replying a on topic reply to a Thread in the Robotech Forum, if it was Mainly a Rifts question, mayhaps you could have posted it in the Rifts Forum?
Svartalf
Champion

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Well, I'm replying a on topic reply to a Thread in the Robotech Forum, if it was Mainly a Rifts question, mayhaps you could have posted it in the Rifts Forum?

So it's a crossover? very well.

Anything dealing with Zentraedi is properly posted on the RT boards
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

I think it could be done. However, I think no matter who did it the problem would be how cost prohibitive it would be. Rifts cybernetics are expensive (IMO, ridiculously so). A Zentreadi cyborg would cost in the neighbor hood of 100+ million creds on Rifts Earth (maybe 5-10 times as much). Who would spend that kind of mulla on a Zent?

Remember the old Doritos ad? "Crunch all you want. We'll make more." Zents are kind of like that only worth less...

Anyway I voted yes bacause I thought it was a cool, if impractical idea...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Borast
Champion

Unread post by Borast »

Hystrix wrote:I think it could be done. However, I think no matter who did it the problem would be how cost prohibitive it would be. Rifts cybernetics are expensive (IMO, ridiculously so). A Zentreadi cyborg would cost in the neighbor hood of 100+ million creds on Rifts Earth (maybe 5-10 times as much). Who would spend that kind of mulla on a Zent?

Remember the old Doritos ad? "Crunch all you want. We'll make more." Zents are kind of like that only worth less...

I am, naturally, assuming that be mulla you mean cash... (and the prototyping and manufacture of said custom bionics would probably push $1 bil!)

Considering that the 50' 'stradei are essentailly immortal... why not? :D
Fnord

Cool...I've been FAQed... atleast twice!

.sig count to date: 2

"May your day be as eventful as you wish, and may your life only hurt as much as it has to." - Me...

Normality is Relative, Sanity is Conceptual, and I am neither.
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Borast wrote:
Hystrix wrote:I think it could be done. However, I think no matter who did it the problem would be how cost prohibitive it would be. Rifts cybernetics are expensive (IMO, ridiculously so). A Zentreadi cyborg would cost in the neighbor hood of 100+ million creds on Rifts Earth (maybe 5-10 times as much). Who would spend that kind of mulla on a Zent?

I am, naturally, assuming that be mulla you mean cash... (and the prototyping and manufacture of said custom bionics would probably push $1 bil!)

Considering that the 50' 'stradei are essentailly immortal... why not? :D

Uh, again, the cost. Plus repair costs would be through the roof! I'd be interseted to know who would pony up the cash for such a experimental design...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Well, Zentraedi are not Immortal in the RT Universe, Long Lived yes, But thats mostly to the use of Stasis and being Fast grown Clones.

But Cost to Build/Maitain and converting the Facilities to Do so for 35Ft Borg, Would Make it prohibativly expensive.

Zentraedi are Prone to going Insane, add the Stress of becomming a Full Conversion Borg to an already Fragile Mind... Youll end up with a neig unstopable insane Death Machine.
A Cyborg on that Scale would have Robotic Strenght, At Least 40+ to be able to move its selt properly.
Shin Kenshiro

Unread post by Shin Kenshiro »

I went with the big No on this one. I think that the thing on Breetai's head is just a metal plate to cover a war wound...nothing cyber about it. But that's personal opinion. I just don't see anyone having the money or resources to truly outfit a 50' Zent with borg stuff. Maybe take his brain and implant it into a modified robot, but not anything partial style.
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Colonel Wolfe wrote:Well, I'm replying a on topic reply to a Thread in the Robotech Forum, if it was Mainly a Rifts question, mayhaps you could have posted it in the Rifts Forum?

I ussully do not even goto the rifts forum so that would be impractiable. Looking at the topic's title...now if what your saying that the subject should of been posted in the rifts forum then goahead and say that to the poster.

But due to the limitations of the question only rifts bionics can be concidered.

I do agree that the new borg zent, if it was possible, would exibit a very unstanble mind. I would say they would follow the same tedencies towards insanity as a crazy would.

However, the same is not the same for micronized zents. They might be able to use 'off the shelf' bionics if the GM rules that the differences between zent and human physiology are not too great.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

I ussully do not even goto the rifts forum so that would be impractiable. Looking at the topic's title...now if what your saying that the subject should of been posted in the rifts forum then goahead and say that to the poster.

Sure Rifts Setting Bionics are What should people would use if the were doin a Bionice Zent, but The Bionics dont have to Origonate in the Rift setting, the Masters Have Technology Years ahead of the Rifts setting (maybe Phase Wolrd to).

but, Remember the Invid invasion book has Rules for Cybernetics and Bionics
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Grand Paladin wrote:Well, honestly I voted for 'Yes', but there would have to be a really rational and believable way for the whole thing to come about- from why the big 'ole blue-boy needs bionic conversion in the first place, to who can make such a conversion possible (and if it's in that factions interest to do so).

? rational...believable...? You must be talking about something other than Rifts sorry I shall go elswhere. :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”