Zentraedi Lifespan

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AzathothXy
Adventurer

Zentraedi Lifespan

Unread post by AzathothXy »

Dolza, Breetai, and Exedore all 200+ years old and still going strong. Now is that a natural lifespan? Or do they have a way of transferring ther mind into a newly cloned body? If it is natural then what is the lifespan of Zentraedi?
The Nuclear Chaos
That thing is not dead which has the capacity to continue to exist eternally,
And if the abnormal ones come,then death may cease to be
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

someware in the Robotech stuff said that while the Zentraedi can life for hundreds of years in giant form, they have a harder time when micronised.
it ws alledged they had special dietry requirements.
I think Bron, Ricko and Konda died because of this.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

I prefer to think of it as the Robotech Masters giving their most important and valued commanders some of their life-extending serum.

Cold and calous they may be, they're also smart enough to recongnize that *good* battlefield skills can't be cloned from body to body and when you do get someone who excels at his job, you want to keep him around as often as possible. Since they'd long since cracked the secret to extending their own lives, it would make sense that they'd give that to Dolza, Breetai and the rest.
Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Zentraedi Lifespan

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

AzathothXy wrote:Dolza, Breetai, and Exedore all 200+ years old and still going strong. Now is that a natural lifespan? Or do they have a way of transferring ther mind into a newly cloned body? If it is natural then what is the lifespan of Zentraedi?

The trooper of Battle Pods - a few months.

Officers - a few years

Aces - dozens of years

High Commands - hundreds of years.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

I would think it wouldnt be that much more than humans. Maybe 150 yrs at most for the Officer's. Besides, with the Masters' cloning technology, its not like they couldnt digitize the brain of a good Zentraedi commander and then clone him a new body to put his memories into. I doubt they would necessarily do this...but I entertained a small theory that maybe Breetai is the clone of one of the long dead ancestral Zentraedi that served Zor and died with him thousands of years ago. Obviously his memory matrix wouldnt be the same...but maybe the Masters felt that some sort of sympathetic link might exist. Ah well.....
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

well, when not fighting the zent's spend their off time in stasis, so it's possible the 200+ years for some of them is just a illusion, those might only have been awake for a year or so total.
if you assume a natural human lifespan, but it only takes a month or so to grow a new zent, the Age appearance Vs. actual age gets all skewed. Miryia looked mid 20's biologically in the show, but for all we know she was only 3-4 years old actual.

now officers could just be recloned (with transfer of mind).
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”