Do you know the M.D.C. of RDF Destroid....

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Whats your favorite RDF Destroid

Poll ended at Thu Sep 23, 2004 3:09 am

Excaliber
50%
Gladiator
41%
Raider-X
No votes
Spartan
No votes
M.A.C. II
9%

Total votes: 22

Ice Dragon
Hero

Re: Do you know the M.D.C. of RDF Destroid....

Unread post by Ice Dragon »

Fav RDF Destroid is still the Excaliber.

IMHO, a hatch will have about 20 M.D.C. around 15 - 20% of the Main Body or reenforced pilot compartment.
It is always a bad thing when political matters are allowed to affect the planning of operations (Field Marshal Erwin Rommel, 1943)

Nelly ~ He's one romantic smooth operator and a true old school gentleman. Heck he's an Austrian officer, it's in his blood.

Co-Holder with Jefffar of the "Lando Calrissian" award for Smooth. - Novastar

10 + 100 Geek Points (Danger + Shawn Merrow)
Rimmer
Adventurer

Unread post by Rimmer »

While I don't have any canon evidence to support a view, the Abolisher from rifts has 50 MDC for the hatch, so 20-25 as said above seems cool with Robotech. Sounds as if your PC's are really going to hate this :D
I let my wife play rifts once....................she shot me in the back of the head with a naruni plasma pistol, gaffa taped a type 4 fusion block to my nether regions, and kicked my ass off the apc travelling at 100 MPH

gimme a break, my pc is a playa, not me.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

Unread post by Colonel Wolfe »

Destroids v. Xiticix,

I see tons of Blown up Destroids. how this goin happen? REF scouting a planet who the Xiticix are on? one word... Orbital bonbardment.... well 2....
Give another Gamer a hand up with his education.
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Colonel Wolfe
Knight
Comment: Poster's making baseless accusations of illegal actions go on the Foe list...

This kinds seams to be a no win situation. RDF mecha were basically designed to fight 40ft Zents, if most of ym books wernt in storage I'd have stats, but i know the Average Xiticix has about the same MDC as a suit of heavy MDC armor, around 120ish. MDC. Even using the Big guns and Missiles they will have quite a Time with the 2M Insect men.
in most ways the Macross Era Mecha are much weaker than the Early Rifts stuff, (even worse when you compare them to the revised Xiticix in Xiticix invasion)

Correctly Revised Southren cross Equipment would have a easier time, only because the Majority of Sc weaponry dose much higher Damage (and includes MD small arms).

Looks Grim 4 your players, but not near as Grim as using the Rifts Mechinodi invasion SB in Robotech....
"By no means am I an expert on Southern Cross (I cordially detest the series)"-Seto
"Truth is determined by the evidence, not some nonexistent seniority system."-Seto
Lt. Holmes
Adventurer

Unread post by Lt. Holmes »

If they have a Cyclone or the precurser, Micronian Power Armour, then they have a decent chance. The Robotech mecha just wasn't designed with going against human-sized opponents.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

Though the battle seams in favor of the RT mecha. but it all depends on the # of the enemy. In Rifts i dont remember ever encountering less then 5 of them at one time, and in a Cs game we played we went against well over 100 near a hive. even though they only do 1D6 on a Pow punch, my GM added thing like their supernatural strneght to that, as well as allowing about 5 to get on the Enforcer we had for heavy backup. Compared to the "Mini" Mac the Enforcer is Quite small. if about 5 or 10 of these get on the mac outside its fiering arc, then time for some frendly Fire action.

if you not using the -10 rule, the Bugs have a better chance of kickin the crap outta them.
an update would eb awesome, hope the PC's do well, but i fear for them, especially if your an evil gm and use proper bug tatics on them.
Colonel Wolfe
Knight

the -10 Rule is the most hated Rule by palladium players.... at least fomr the post in the rifts boards.

it deals with Dodging Energy blasts. its in the RGMG, but its in storage so i can't tyep it out.

it basically gives you a neg 10 to dodge all energy wepons with OUT bonuses.

This is only fair if you use the Range/Speed modifiers to hit

under 60 feet. 5+ to hit
over 60 under 200 8+
over 200 12+
(could eb inncorect, no book present)

under 40mph no mod.
over 40mph -3 to hit
over mach1 -6 (or something like that)

Maybe sumone with book knowledge caould help me (& you)
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Mike SSN-723 wrote:Just checked the stats, those Xiticix are sporting 1d6x10 + 20 MDC. :

Nope. According to World Book 23 Xiticix Invasion, warrior xiticix have 1d6x10+20+PE+ 2d6 per level of xp. So the average 1st level bug with have about 82 MDC. And average 4th level bug with have 103 MDC, and that dosn't count resin augmentation (add 10-40%) so with heavy resin an average 4th level warrior bug would have 140+ MDC...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”