Intresting Plot Note

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Svartalf
Champion
Comment: Beware of the Friar Tuck type putting on the French Maid outfit!

Unread post by Svartalf »

This is all a bit beyond me. I guess it's because I've got limited acquaintance with theMacross/Robotech universe, specifically that I've not seen/read anything beyond the basic 3 series and RPG books.

But from what I've learned, and as it is exposed... it makes great sense.

BTW ... "meltrandi"? I thought that term was specific to Macross 2?
Is it just a way to designate female Zentraedi, or does it mean you take and "integrated" view of Macross and Robotech and include a lot of material beside the basic canon?
Svartalf - Flamboyantly Fresh Franco of Freedom Freakin' Fries : Shadyslug
Embrace the Darkness, it needs a hug - Cherico
PC stands for "patronizing cretin" G'mo
I name you honorary American Subjugator & Ratbastard
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Re: Intresting Plot Note

Unread post by Rabid Southern Cross Fan »

We have the Invid, The Disciples of Zor, the Zentraedi and the Masters... right? So what if the Masters created the Bioroids to Fight both the Invid, the DoZ.... AND the Zentraedi!

I came to a similar conclusion a while back that was the same. Zor probably died at the hands of the rampaging Zentraedi is what I also concluded.

I submit this - that Dolza and his Armada WHERE the DoZ! And that their intention was not to recover it to bring back to the Masters, but for themselves!

One big problem with this...in The Robotech Masters, the fleet commanders conclude that the DoZ might have begun a new offensive against their Zentraedi (meaning Dolza's command) and that it was this very reason that caused the destruction of 4.8 million ships (give or take).
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Perhaps the DoZ were indeed some of the older first Zentraedi. According to the still canon Robotech: The Graphic Novel, it's suggested that Dolza himself was present at the death of Zor, and that perhaps he was one of his disciples. Not being stupid, Dolza probably covered his ties to Zor, and sided with the Robotech Masters after his death, biding his time in planning to break away from their control once Zor's battlefortess and protoculture factory was secured by Breetai.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Grand Paladin wrote:According to the still canon Robotech: The Graphic Novel, it's suggested that Dolza himself was present at the death of Zor, and that perhaps he was one of his disciples.

Sorry, the Robotech Graphic Novel isn't canon anymore....thank God.
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Rabid Southern Cross Fan wrote:
Grand Paladin wrote:According to the still canon Robotech: The Graphic Novel, it's suggested that Dolza himself was present at the death of Zor, and that perhaps he was one of his disciples.

MODERATED
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Marcantony
Adventurer

Unread post by Marcantony »

Zer0 Kay wrote:

Nor are your ideas....Thank God.

MODERATED
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Marcantony wrote:
Zer0 Kay wrote:

Nor are your ideas....Thank God.

Exactly what I was thinking...Thank God.

Jeez, a bit harsh people: so-rry. Last time I checked- I admit a year or so ago- the graphic novel was still canon.
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Rabid Southern Cross Fan
Champion

Zer0 Kay wrote:Nor are your ideas....Thank God.

Ya know...I've yet to read of one idea of yours thats backed up by dialogue in the Tv series...so you can stuff it as far as Im concerned.
BookWyrm
Champion
Comment: Mondos non cogitarus, Consilium!

Unread post by BookWyrm »

Did anybody read the novels? Or the Eternity comics?

I believe (since it has been some time now & reading some of the above publications) that;

- The Zentraedi were clones of Tyrolians, created by the Robotech Masters, initially to mine monoploe ore from the Jupiter-sized Fantoma, of which Tyrol is one of a few moons. They later changed the Zentraedi's neuro-programming from Mining to Combat to police Tyrol from dissident uprisings & defend the Empire from the Invid. Thier body's were enlarged to their giant status to withstand the gravity & pressures of Fantoma. Some factions may have rebelled, but were quickly put down by "loyal" forces.

- Zor was fatally wounded during his 'stealing' of his flagship (later the SDF-1) when the enraged Invid attacked, trying to get at the Protoculture Factory stored within it.

- The Disciples of Zor were a group of minor-ranked Robotech scientists trying to recreate Zor's initial experiments with the Invid Flower of Life, but not succumbing to inhaleing it's polen (as the RT Masters did).

- The Master of Protoculture was Zor, by way of seducing the secrets of the Flower of Life from The Regis on Optera. Zor was unfortunately the victim of post-hypnotic control placed there by a rather power-hungry Tyrolian noble (whose' name escapes me). He later delared himself the first RT Master.
But, if you REALLY want to get technical, the True Master of Protoculture was Haydon.
"Yes, I know I'm going to hell; I'm bringing marshmallows."
BookWyrm aka The Horn'd One
Str-8 male Dom/Top;
Honourable but not gullible;
a Hero of the Megaverse. :D

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”