Robotech Space

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Janus
Dungeon Crawler
Location: If there is a bright center to the universe then I am in Uranus

Re: Robotech Space

Unread post by Janus »

Astroman wrote:I have been kicking around the idea of creating a large scale Robotech campaign across several worlds, possibly involving the Mechanoids as well as the Invid. Now that we have multiple planet creation rules from Anvil Galaxy and Galaxy Guide all kinds of settings and alien races both hi and low tech can be included. Not to mention the stats for space phenomena from both Anvil Galaxy and Three Galaxies.

It looks like the Mechanoids Space game will be some time off, why not put up the REF against the Mechanoids?

Fought them with RDF stuff it was fun we kicked butt.
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

I am the King of Thoughtless Wishing.

I nominate you for Fan Defensive Lineman of the year. - Geronimo 2.0
Adam of the Old Kingdom
Adventurer

Unread post by Adam of the Old Kingdom »

that was one of hteings I was hoping to see from PB if they still had the licence.

an expantion of the sentenels to cover exploration of the RT masters planets and that part of the galaxy. sentenels seemed open to that sort of spacefairing, planet hopping kind of fun.

with out seeing the above mentioned rules, I would have questions about the direct compatability with RT re: relative power levels, but Janus seems to think there is little problem with it.
Munchkin Cat Minion
Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

well I ran the game that janus played in, and i didnt bother converting to MDC at first... :demon: but as the adventure progressed the Mechanoids got tougher plus the SDF forces had limited supplies.
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Astroman wrote:It would require some play testing, but it would be nice to kick some Mechanoid butt with Veritech and Destroids and even cyclones for the little ones. I have the 1985 Mechanoids version which doesn't use SDC, only Hit Points. I think if you just convert the Hit Points directly to MDC it should work alright.

Or you could just use the conversion stats from Rifts: Sourcebook 2 The Mechanoids...
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

AlexanderDeath wrote:I think I speak for quite a number of my compatriarts and such when I ask: What the DEVIL are you talking about?
AlexanderDeath, he is talking about using books that are not Robotech. Mixing settings and ideas. He wants to make Robotech impure.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Damian Magecraft wrote:well I ran the game that janus played in, and i didnt bother converting to MDC at first... :demon: but as the adventure progressed the Mechanoids got tougher plus the SDF forces had limited supplies.

They were still cake. My Klingopn pilot rocked!
There is always a 5%chance of anything happening...even a monkey can crawl out of your butt.

Flamethrowers, that's what we need. The army has them, why can't we have them too?

Damian Magecraft
Knight
Comment: Evil GM
Master of Magics
Defender of the Faith

Unread post by Damian Magecraft »

Janus wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:well I ran the game that janus played in, and i didnt bother converting to MDC at first... :demon: but as the adventure progressed the Mechanoids got tougher plus the SDF forces had limited supplies.

They were still cake. My Klingopn pilot rocked!

now thats just silly janus you know perfectly well i never used klingons in my games...they were romulans :demon: :lol:
DM is correct by the way. - Ninjabunny
It's a shoddy carpenter who blames his tools. - Killer Cyborg
Every group has one problem player. If you cannot spot the one in your group; look in the mirror.
It is not a good session until at least one player looks you in the eye and says "you sick twisted evil ****"
Marcethus
Champion

Unread post by Marcethus »

Zerebus wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:
well I ran the game that janus played in, and i didnt bother converting to MDC at first...

*The Mechanoid fleet unleashes the full fury of its amassed heavy weaponry upon the SDF-3, inflicting 1,000,000,000 S.D.C.!*

[Aboard the SDF-3's bridge]

"Captain, every ounce of paint on our hull has been scratched off!"
"Those evil *******! Don't they know what it costs just to have this thing waxed?!"

ROFLMAO :lol:
Janus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Janus »

Zerebus wrote:
Damian Magecraft wrote:well I ran the game that janus played in, and i didnt bother converting to MDC at first... :demon:

*The Mechanoid fleet unleashes the full fury of its amassed heavy weaponry upon the SDF-3, inflicting 1,000,000,000 S.D.C.!*

[Aboard the SDF-3's bridge]

"Captain, every ounce of paint on our hull has been scratched off!"
"Those evil *******! Don't they know what it costs just to have this thing waxed?!"

:lol: :lol:

Actually we were still in RDF, but concept was still the same. "He does 25 sdc to your veritech" me "ah man" Damian "no I mean SDC, subtract .25 MDC point off your veritech" me "ok, this should be interesting."

To Damian: It was too a klingon, huge fellow.

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”