PF novels

1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk Palladium Fantasy.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

I doubt it.
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

While not novels, I have considered writing either a story or a series for the Rifter. The only other major problem is that it requires a lot of time both in terms of writing and editing. Not to mention the actual submission.
However, at present, it seems time won't be an issue :(
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

Is it good or bad that time isn't an issue?

Bad in the sense that I am currently unemployed and thus not generating income. Which in the "long run" may generate more free time.

If you have plenty of time, load up on coffee and lock yourself away. Years ago I was in Japan and went into seclusion and wrote and painted almost nonstop for weeks. It was exhausting but the end results were very refreshing.

Actually, its because of my current situation that I am even considering writing it. I just need to focus on writing the story free from interruption.
Maryann
Adventurer

Unread post by Maryann »

Therumancer wrote:While I never much cared for her as a person (long story) Bill Coffin's wife penned some PFRPG fiction and it was up on his Website for a while.

I have not spoken to Bill for ages, however in my address book his last E-mail was (I think) billcoffin@earthlink.net

You might ask if he still has this fiction.

>>>----Therumancer--->

Just my personal opinion by I didn't think Alli was a very good writer. It might have just been personal taste but that was just my feelings about the matter.
Snoopy and Charlie Brown are (c) Peanuts Worldwide.
"Besser ein Ende mit Schrecken als ein Schrecken ohne Ende." ( A frightening end is better than an endless fright) -- Nelly
You called down the thunder, well now you got it!
Oh what A tangled web we weave ...

Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

A while back I asked if there were PF novels who would people like to
see write them. Most people said they wanted to see (besides
Terry Brook and Robert Jordon) those who write stuff for WoTC.
I suppose if one of those guys decided to join the band wagon
over here and talks to Kevin about it, will we ever see PF
made into novels. The same could be said about any Palladium
product. Who knows maybe the Rifts Movie might jump start
things.
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

Do you mean just novels or any fiction format set in Palladia?
Rpgpunk
Explorer

Unread post by Rpgpunk »

Bill Coffin was good, but I also like what Steve Edwards did for ET, I wish PFRPG would get some new writers.
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

Yes, I agree that PFRPG does need new writers.
Styxx
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Styxx »

I am currently working on a website that will have my PF novel on it, I was thinking about letting people view it while I was still building it. but I dont know. I know that Kevin isn't taking any manuscripts because he has found no one that can capture the essence of what he percieves Palladia as being. While I come no where near what he wants nor can I encompass the ideas he has in his mind, I have slipped this novel by a few people and they really liked it. Si, I hope some of you will read what I get on it when its up.
Hotrod
Knight

Unread post by Hotrod »

Honestly, writing for a fixed fantasy/sci-fi type of roleplaying setting is invariably a very hard thing to do. Palladium in general paints a picture of a static world; rarely will it go into world-changing events (with the exceptions of the Siege on Tolkien series and Juicer Uprisings)

Given this kind of scenario, it is difficult for novellists to work in their own stories. especially for novels. Sci fi/fantasy novels are almost universally epic in their scope, and you can't just go about changing the world that has been so meticulously defined in so many books.

I would rather see a collection of short stories, myself.
Cranus
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Cranus »

Originally written by Styxx
I am currently working on a website that will have my PF novel on it, I was thinking about letting people view it while I was still building it. but I dont know. I know that Kevin isn't taking any manuscripts because he has found no one that can capture the essence of what he percieves Palladia as being. While I come no where near what he wants nor can I encompass the ideas he has in his mind, I have slipped this novel by a few people and they really liked it. Si, I hope some of you will read what I get on it when its up.

Be sure to provide PB's copyright information on the webpage. Also make sure you state clearly that its fan fiction. Otherwise, you might run into legal problems...
Styxx
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Styxx »

Yeah, that sounds like a very good Idea. It will have to wait until after the surgery and I get back on the mend though.
gaby
Knight

Re: PF novels

Unread post by gaby »

I think it can give a boost to Palladium books.

What PF,s adventure ideas do you think can make good story?
Reagren Wright
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: The greatest part of the writer's time is spent in reading, in order to write: a man will turn over half a library to make one book. - Samuel Johnson, 1775

Unread post by Reagren Wright »

I think the best way to go for any Palladium novel would be to make them e-books so
people can read them on Amazon's Kindle, Barnes & Noble's Nook, or any computer like device. Its
the way of the future. You would also need an established Fantasy Author do the first couple of
books so the vast fantasy book reader audience would buy the books. To make Palladium novels
a hit the mass market needs to be reading them not just Palladium fans like us. You don't sell
over 50,000 paper back copies I just don't think any major publishing company is going to be
interested. However, e-books will differently be the way for Palladium to go if they choose to do
novels.
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Re:

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

Rpgpunk wrote:Bill Coffin was good, but I also like what Steve Edwards did for ET, I wish PFRPG would get some new writers.

Seconded. BC's stuff was good but so was Steve's.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Cinos
Hero

Unread post by Cinos »

I'm working on it! Writers block is no fun!
Getting a mage to tell you where the hydra is...10,000 gold
Hiring a summoner... 40,000 gold
Hiring one hundred 10th level mercenaries... 98,567 gold
Giving a hydra skull to your necromancer... priceless

Board? Read bad fan fiction!
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=120575&p=2349744#p2349744
TheGameMaster
Explorer

Unread post by TheGameMaster »

I started working out a story based on one of my characters and all of his adventures, but that is still a work in progress. I didn't ever really think about publishing it because of all the trouble of getting the permission to use names of people and places. When I finish some of it, if you guys would like, I could post it here and you could tell me what you think and whether you think I should even try and get it published. I still plan on writing it to just share between friends and family but....
To GLORY! To VICTORY!! HUZZA!

Return to “Palladium Fantasy RPG®”