The Spell Electric Arc

Diabolists, Techno-Wizards & Psionicists, Oh my! All things that are Magics and Psionics in all Palladium Games.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

darthauthor
Hero

The Spell Electric Arc

Unread post by darthauthor »

The invocation Spell of Electric Arc.

Question #1
Can the spell be used in such a way like shooting it into a pool of water or while it is raining to electric everyone in the pool?

Question #2
Can a spell caster shoot someone holding onto metal by shooting the metal?
For exampe, if you attacked using a chain to entangle them then used this electric spell.

Questin #3
Can a spell caster punch someone or tag them with their hand or wrestle them (use a hold) and just electricute them?

The biggest advantage, I can see, is the P.P.E. ratio to number of attacks ratio.
Where most other spells are ONE shot like "Energy Bolt" or "Fire Bolt" this gives you 1 minus your total number of attacks. Depending on your level it could be 4 or more rolls to strike.
The damage is low but comparable to an energy rifle.
So, if you GM that E-Clips count and a count the number of shots 2 or 3 rounds of these spells saves you, like 1,500 credits an E-Clip.

You win the battle of attition if you can survive the rifle fight long enough.
Your CS Grunt enemy will retreat or call for back up or surrender.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Re: The Spell Electric Arc

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

1. Water and Electricity don't mix, though I would point out Call Lightning doesn't get any spell mention in WB7 when dealing with Ocean Magic so I'm going to say no (it's magic)

2. While metal can be a conductor of electricity, nothing indicates the magical electricity would be conducted down the path to someone else.

3. It's a range attack spell, it doesn't seem to consider melee/touch. You could still use it to attack someone at point blank range so yes.

Return to “Guild of Magic & Psionics”