Would a Crazy prefer to ride the zombie unicorn, or dire platypus?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Poll? Powl? Poal? Pole?

Poll runs till Fri Sep 25, 2026 10:18 am

Zombie Unicorn
14%
Dire Platypus
29%
Other
57%

Total votes: 7

taalismn
Priest

Re: Would a Crazy prefer to ride the zombie unicorn, or dire platypus?

Unread post by taalismn »

Harnesses both to his trash-dumpster battle chariot with side-scythe wheels and TW flaming rims.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

What about the Kaiju Chihuahua Diosyipyap? His primary attack is the high frequency machingun bark. The sound is enough to cause painful tinnitus and the frequency spectrum makes glass and cryatals shatter. But that's not all, combined with the impact tremors caused by the bouncing bark set up with the sympathetic frequencies from the sound causes a low scale earthquake. It doesn't reach far but the duration and the frequency it imbues into structures causes nearby buildings to collapse. Still large at 21 feet taking the size difference between a silver back gorilla and the 2011 King Kong for scaling rather than the "minimum" size for a kaiju. So I guess he is kaiju scale but not kaiju sized? :) Happy New Year.
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

the 1st thing I thought of when faced with the words Kaiju Chihuahua...is a chihuahua the size of a great dane.
(trivia: the dog breed Great Dane was developed/breed in Germany.)

I think that i'm going to write up a revision because of bad word usage and so that it's closer to game wording.

Revision:
The sound is enough to cause deafness to painful deafness ( both temporary) to shielded individuals (and Stun/KO and deafness in unshielded individuals), and can cause tinnitus & painful tinnitus later in life. Additionally the sound waves are powerful enough to shatter SDC crystals and glass up to 5 mines away.
A second thing is that they, like their annoying progenitor, jump up and down. The jumping up and down (typically done in concert with it's yipping) that this monster does can, in effect, cause a minor earthquake (similar to the Elemental Earth spell of the same name) that effects it's surroundings.
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

What a (presumably generic) Crazy would prefer to ride is going to come down to individual preferences and not be universal.
Grazzik
Adventurer

Unread post by Grazzik »

A watermelon, as the Crazy may think that it is an egg containing the progeny of a zombie unicorn and a dire platypus. They ride the watermelon like they are a log driver birling down a-down the white water...

There is no straightforward answer when it comes to Crazies :fool:
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

drewkitty ~..~ wrote: Tue Jan 02, 2024 9:29 pm the 1st thing I thought of when faced with the words Kaiju Chihuahua...is a chihuahua the size of a great dane.
(trivia: the dog breed Great Dane was developed/breed in Germany.)

I think that i'm going to write up a revision because of bad word usage and so that it's closer to game wording.

Revision:
The sound is enough to cause deafness to painful deafness ( both temporary) to shielded individuals (and Stun/KO and deafness in unshielded individuals), and can cause tinnitus & painful tinnitus later in life. Additionally the sound waves are powerful enough to shatter SDC crystals and glass up to 5 mines away.
A second thing is that they, like their annoying progenitor, jump up and down. The jumping up and down (typically done in concert with it's yipping) that this monster does can, in effect, cause a minor earthquake (similar to the Elemental Earth spell of the same name) that effects it's surroundings.
Uh no it immediately causes tinnitus. That painful ringing in the ears after being subjected to a pressure wave is still tinnitus. Tinnitus isn't a disease it is a symptom. The painful tinnitus which drops you to the ground clothing your ears is more severe than just not hearing anything. The tinnitus is painful, deafness is not. Deafness can be sheltering or depressing or alienating but deafness itself is not painful if your experiencing pain other than that from a lou, piercing, ringing (tinnitus) then you've got something else going on too. Maybe a ruptured and or hemorrhaging eardrum but those aren't defness... they cause deafness.

Nope they're powerful enough to shatter crystal, all.

I can agree with the earthquake spell
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

ShadowLogan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:21 am What a (presumably generic) Crazy would prefer to ride is going to come down to individual preferences and not be universal.
You sure? Or do they all ride the same thing and we just see different things? They all ride Bob. Whom we ma see as a trash dumpster drawn by a horde of zombie narwhal. While we see another riding a platypus carpet strapped to two skateboards and yet a third pilots a giant skeletal Roc from inside its guts and constantly talks about the anals of history and I don't mean Ahh-nuls. So they all use a Bob.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Zer0 Kay wrote: Fri Jan 05, 2024 1:31 am
ShadowLogan wrote: Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:21 am What a (presumably generic) Crazy would prefer to ride is going to come down to individual preferences and not be universal.
You sure? Or do they all ride the same thing and we just see different things? They all ride Bob. Whom we ma see as a trash dumpster drawn by a horde of zombie narwhal. While we see another riding a platypus carpet strapped to two skateboards and yet a third pilots a giant skeletal Roc from inside its guts and constantly talks about the anals of history and I don't mean Ahh-nuls. So they all use a Bob.
Pretty sure as "Bob" isn't mentioned anywhere in connection with Crazies (or any other creature/class) AFAIK. Now it is possible that all Crazies refer to the rides/mounts as "Bob" (possibly to keep their membership in their mandatory Guild, and you know they have a Guild right they maybe called Crazies but they aren't that crazy).
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Someone is taking this WAY TOO SERIOUSLY. You take a beef with Bob and not the Zombie U corn and Dire Platypus? Obviously your reading it wrong. Now go to your room and think about what you've done. You can come out when your think lines are congruent with the guide noodle in the shape of a ding-dong behind chicken-wire.
knightmare6
D-Bee

Unread post by knightmare6 »

I'd prefer a cybernetic dire prairie dog! Charge into battle as it shouts "Yahoo!"
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

knightmare6 wrote: Thu Feb 01, 2024 4:03 am I'd prefer a cybernetic dire prairie dog! Charge into battle as it shouts "Yahoo!"
IDK... that kind of be distracting cuz yahoo always gets prayer e- dog mail...

Return to “Rifts®”