Interfering with Power-Granters

If Super Heroes/Heroines & Super Villains are your game, discuss them here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tor
Palladin
Comment: If you have something to say, back it up with thoughts and reasons. Simply posting to agree or disagree tends to be a waste.

Interfering with Power-Granters

Unread post by Tor »

Page 65 of PU3 lists two interesting aspects of the major super ability "Grant Powers":

1. + to save vs attacks that would cancel out, negate, or take and borrow ANY of the character's super abilities.

2. the Grant Powers ability cannot be copied/mimicked/negated/stolen by device/magic/superbeing

I am wondering a bit about the mechanics of this with various abilities implied by the vocabulary.

The only two ways I'm aware to cancel/negate (seems synonymous) would be Negate Super Abiltiies (major power) and either Negate Magic or Anti-Magic Cloud (versus Mystic Bestowed). Regarding these means of power removal I'm left with some questions:

1. Would the + to save apply to the save vs magic that a Mystic Bestowed gets to retain their altered form, since its removal means the removal of the character's super abilities?
2. Negate Super Abilities does not appear to give a savings throw, so what is the bonus added to? What number needs to be met to resist NSA?
3. If someone fails their save either versus magic or whatever you roll to resist NSA, do they still keep Grant Powers? "Cannot be negated by magic" seems to cover negate/anticloud
4. Does "cannot be mimicked by a device" mean that this power could not be selected with Super-Invention or nano-technology Imbued characters? Would any other categories be restricted from selecting it?
5. If someone with Grant Powers consented for one of their powers to be borrowed with the major Borrow Power could they opt not to save vs ME and simply let it be taken?
6. If a Mystic Bestowed had this power, would imbuing others with powers qualify as some kind of magical transformation to them? Could Negate Magic or an Anti-Magic Cloud strip people given an ability via Grant Powers like it can un-transform an MB?
"1st edition? 2nd edition? It doesnt matter! Let's just talk" -Forums of the Megaverse

Return to “Heroes Unlimited™”