Critters

Ninja mutant creatures unite. Here's the place to do it.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

CyCo
Hero

Critters

Unread post by CyCo »

Inspired by Rathorc's Hybrid thread, I've always liked the thought of other critters that live in the world of AtB. I'm not talking about animals that players can base their character upon, but either a one off creature either custom built or a freak mutation. Something the players could either encounter and maybe fight, or something more domestic. The Dragon from the South of the Border adventure in Road Hogs fits the first example, while the mutant insects from Down Under or Avalon fit the second example.

In a world that is so genetic diverse, I can't see there not being weird critters out there.

To start of, I'm going to rip off one of my own ideas from AD&D I ran years ago, which was in part inspired by some art in a Dragon magazine. In that world, there were no rodent based critters. It was a very warm planet, no ice caps, lush tropical jungles or harsh deserts at the equator, and up at the poles, nothing more harsh than say Northern Germany or lower Canada. Sure you get snow in winter, but no ice flows, no glaciers.

So into the void in this planet where there would normally be rodents, were miniature raptors. Yeah, miniature velociraptors through to the king of lizards, the T-Rex, most no bigger than normal rats. What type of raptor depended on where abouts in the world you were.

Or, like The Dragon, something bigger. Off the top of my head, and since they're trending atm, what about a giant sloth? Grab the stats from Transdimentional, make a block of stats from that in the same format that PB use for their animals, and there you have herds of giant 'dumb' sloths that slowly migrate along the plains of the Mongolia. Who knows, maybe they have some form of psychic defense.
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
The Oh So Amazing Nate
Hero

Re: Critters

Unread post by The Oh So Amazing Nate »

Do you mean..... Like this!?!?!?! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xB_4qiOzJTE
Look upon me and tremble ye masses. For I am The Necroposter!
keir451 wrote:Amazing Nate; Thanks for your support!

Razzinold wrote:And the award for best witty retort to someone reporting a minor vehicular collision goes to:
The Oh So Amazing Nate!

Nate, you sir win the internet for today! You've definitely earned the "oh so amazing" part of your name today. :lol:
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

lol, ok, if you want.

lol
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!
Stone Gargoyle
Virtuoso of Variants
Comment: "Your inferiority complex might be justified."
Location: Lurking on rooftops like a proper gargoyle should, in and around Tacoma, WA.

Unread post by Stone Gargoyle »

There really isn't a good way of creating monsters using just the ATB or TMNT books. I tend to use a lot of material from PFRPG's Monsters & Animals book when creating animals that are not humanoid and are supposed to be a mix of two different kinds of animals. You would think, though, that with all the genetic manipulation going on you would have dog creatures as big as a horse and having hooves or snakes with bird beaks, etc.
"SG, you are a limitless fountain of Butt-Saving Advice. You Rock, Stone and Concrete." ~ TrumbachD

Return to “After the Bomb® RPG & TMNT®”