Splicing the People! Creating the Master Race.

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Splicing the People! Creating the Master Race.

Unread post by ffranceschi »

One topic, that I think it has not been addressed in SPLICERS, is the possibility to create the ultimate perfect, master race! I am not talking about a race bred for war only but for other things, like the ultimate hybrid that combines the best traits of everyone: they excel at physical and intellectual tasks, they are beautiful and sexual, etc. With all the bio-tech tinkering, it is only a matter of time before someone decides to take the next step in the evolution of humankind. After a few years, we know what's going to happen...the normal people will become slaves or worst...
So many ideas come to my mind...well to be honest, the idea to write this thread came to me this morning while browsing this project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/163 ... f=category.

What do you think?
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
KillWatch
Champion

Re: Splicing the People! Creating the Master Race.

Unread post by KillWatch »

well, I think this happened just before the rifts. Apparently humans had mastered genetics, technology and medicine. Lifespans were reach 200 years. SO, I've adopted the idea that everyone's stats were 17s
IQ = 170, above genius level
PS = carry 340 lb
They are very strong but not hulking enough to detract from their beauty. They are empathetic focused healthy and quick.

but more to your point, someone should. Someone is out there, in a secret lab, make the perfect being as a mission from on high, his purpose is to create the ultimate human being, an ultimate human. I would probably throw some psionics in there like telepathy, resist hunger/thirst/fatigue, empathy, telepathy, regeneration. Telekinesis might be too vulgar
The entire experiment may ultimately not work. But as Tiger Woods tears into the springbok, his mouth crimson with blood, he looks to have all the makings of a natural-born killer.
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

That's essentially what the Lemurians did to themselves.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

i'm sure there is at least one house doing something like this, probably multiples.

we do know that they are not the mainstream houses, however, because (by default, at least, though individuals may feel differently) the viewpoint of most people seems to be that being spliced turns you into something less than human. in particular, this attitude applies to scarecrows, skinjobs and especially biotics (although in the case of biotics, given that they're generally mind-wiped and turned into a fighting machine whether they like it or not, that is probably not too far off).

part of those character concepts is that they have sacrificed (or have had taken away from them) their humanity.

again, i'm sure there are some who feel quite differently, and i would expect that most "mainstream" houses look on them with a great deal of contempt. but i'm also confident it isn't unheard of.

one thing to note, however, is that it seems sufficiently minor changes aren't considered to make one subhuman; for example, iirc packmasters are given internal bio-comms, and this is generally not considered to make them subhuman.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Jedrious wrote:That's essentially what the Lemurians did to themselves.

Yes, but the human race is more "evil" than the Lemurians so the results will be very different and in a way, predictable: the Master race will subjugate the other ones for sure.

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Shark_Force wrote:i'm sure there is at least one house doing something like this, probably multiples.

we do know that they are not the mainstream houses, however, because (by default, at least, though individuals may feel differently) the viewpoint of most people seems to be that being spliced turns you into something less than human. in particular, this attitude applies to scarecrows, skinjobs and especially biotics (although in the case of biotics, given that they're generally mind-wiped and turned into a fighting machine whether they like it or not, that is probably not too far off).

part of those character concepts is that they have sacrificed (or have had taken away from them) their humanity.

again, i'm sure there are some who feel quite differently, and i would expect that most "mainstream" houses look on them with a great deal of contempt. but i'm also confident it isn't unheard of.

one thing to note, however, is that it seems sufficiently minor changes aren't considered to make one subhuman; for example, iirc packmasters are given internal bio-comms, and this is generally not considered to make them subhuman.

I think the attitude comes from the fact that in SPLICERS, all the spliced OCCs are UGLY. I am almost sure that if you splice a human and give him super powers while she remains a bombshell, the attitude will be totally different.

Shark_Force
Palladin

ffranceschi wrote:I think the attitude comes from the fact that in SPLICERS, all the spliced OCCs are UGLY. I am almost sure that if you splice a human and give him super powers while she remains a bombshell, the attitude will be totally different.

perhaps, but i still think most of them consider excessive modification to make you no longer a human. for example, saints (apart from the tentacles) are generally quite attractive, iirc. of course, they also come with the stigma of eventually being either ripped apart and the shreds turned into a librarian, or transformed into an engineer and being forever stuck in one place, but iirc looking mostly human... but still, i get the impression it's more of an ideological thing than an "ugliness" thing. after all, they also don't like or trust technojackers either, and their appearance doesn't change at all.

edit: that said, you may be interested in this:

viewtopic.php?p=1747148#p1747148
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Shark_Force wrote:edit: that said, you may be interested in this:

Wow, outstanding article, very "in sync" with this thread. Thanks.

Shark_Force
Palladin

ffranceschi wrote:
Shark_Force wrote:edit: that said, you may be interested in this:

Wow, outstanding article, very "in sync" with this thread. Thanks.

heh, no problem. one of the funny things about splicers is that while it is probably one of the least supported settings in terms of what palladium has published so far (although hopefully that is changing soon, we know we've got one book on the way and possibly a few more), the fans have been extremely prolific. i really do recommend you take a look at the various threads stickied at the top, there's a ton of awesome stuff there :)
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Shark_Force wrote:heh, no problem. one of the funny things about splicers is that while it is probably one of the least supported settings in terms of what palladium has published so far (although hopefully that is changing soon, we know we've got one book on the way and possibly a few more), the fans have been extremely prolific. i really do recommend you take a look at the various threads stickied at the top, there's a ton of awesome stuff there :)

Indeed. As a proud poster of home brew, I have to say that Splicers ranks among the best in fan created stuff. Most, if not everything, that ends up on the forum is top notch and great work.

Strangely enough, I was working on this very idea when I saw this post. But I've gone for a slightly different approach; I'm crossing Splicers with The Manchurian Candidate and Invasion of the Body Snatchers. Its not really a master race, more of subjugated race.

The nameless Warlord of the as yet unnamed house is almost divinely brilliant and obsessed with overthrowing both N.E.X.U.S. and “true” humans, (which he refers to as "the Old Race"). He plans on replacing humanity with his superior creations, then waging war against N.E.X.U.S. In short, he's become a master at bio-robotics: making biological organisms as manipulatable and functional as robots.

The Warlord has learned to create genetically-engineered beings, devoid of morality, feelings, or pain, and unable to deny his command or attack him. These beings, nearly indistinguishable from normal humans, are incredibly strong and hardy, and posses various degrees of free will and mental ability. However, even the most free willed of his “creations” cannot deny his command or directly harm him.

The Warlord desires to remake the world in an image similar to Aldous Huxley's Brave New World: a unified world population where he holds ultimate power, where people are created, designed and raised to fulfill predetermined positions. Secretly, the Warlord and the House have been working to quietly remove members of other Houses and replace them with his creations. These are usually "Alphas"; the creations with the highest level of intelligence and free will (and the hardest to create, so their numbers are low.)

However, even Alphas have to obey any command given by the Warlord and cannot directly harm him. Alphas make the perfect “sleeper agents” and many don’t even know they are artificial creations. You probably see where this is going at this point. Player characters, members of their own teams, important members of their own House, any could be an Alpha, fulfilling an order or simply waiting to be activated. Hello Paranoia, you’ve been missed in this game.

Its all still forming in my mind. Thankfully, the Warlord is as arrogant as he is brillant, and this has resulted in a degree of carelessness and inability to realize his own failures. For this reason, many of his creations eventually suffer from insanities, some develop bizarre side effects and a few experience rapid, severe mutations (“Spontaneous Cellular Metamorphosis”).

So, while not a true "master race", its this character's "Master Race".

Thoughts, opinons, suggestions?
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

ffranceschi wrote:One topic, that I think it has not been addressed in SPLICERS, is the possibility to create the ultimate perfect, master race! I am not talking about a race bred for war only but for other things, like the ultimate hybrid that combines the best traits of everyone: they excel at physical and intellectual tasks, they are beautiful and sexual, etc. With all the bio-tech tinkering, it is only a matter of time before someone decides to take the next step in the evolution of humankind. After a few years, we know what's going to happen...the normal people will become slaves or worst...
So many ideas come to my mind...well to be honest, the idea to write this thread came to me this morning while browsing this project: http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/163 ... f=category.

What do you think?

Mann... I wish I could spill the beans, but I have no idea what will make the editing cut and what wont in the Splicers scripts that have been submitted to Kevin, but this aspect has certainly been entertained to put it lightly.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Premier wrote:Mann... I wish I could spill the beans, but I have no idea what will make the editing cut and what wont in the Splicers scripts that have been submitted to Kevin, but this aspect has certainly been entertained to put it lightly.

Yes, yes, yes!!!

ffranceschi
Adventurer

Guy_LeDouche wrote:The Warlord has learned to create genetically-engineered beings, devoid of morality, feelings, or pain, and unable to deny his command or attack him. These beings, nearly indistinguishable from normal humans, are incredibly strong and hardy, and posses various degrees of free will and mental ability. However, even the most free willed of his “creations” cannot deny his command or directly harm him.

However, even Alphas have to obey any command given by the Warlord and cannot directly harm him. Alphas make the perfect “sleeper agents” and many don’t even know they are artificial creations. You probably see where this is going at this point. Player characters, members of their own teams, important members of their own House, any could be an Alpha, fulfilling an order or simply waiting to be activated. Hello Paranoia, you’ve been missed in this game.

Thoughts, opinons, suggestions?

I don't like the part that they are like "robots" and they have to obey every command, etc. It is so "sci-fi from the '50 and '60"!. I think that a true Master Race should think outside the box and obey the alpha leader (Khan from Star Trek). Besides, immune to pain is ok, but no feelings? Remember: the Warlord is human and eventually he is going to need someone by his side and not an automaton. Still, your idea is very good, but I prefer them more "human".

Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

ffranceschi wrote:I don't like the part that they are like "robots" and they have to obey every command, etc. It is so "sci-fi from the '50 and '60"!. I think that a true Master Race should think outside the box and obey the alpha leader (Khan from Star Trek). Besides, immune to pain is ok, but no feelings? Remember: the Warlord is human and eventually he is going to need someone by his side and not an automaton. Still, your idea is very good, but I prefer them more "human".

I can dig it, ffranceschi. While a bit off topic, this is his version of a “master race”; physical and intellectual powerhouses that just “happen” to be subservient to him. I do like your idea of a “Khan” cult-type set up.

If we go strictly by the main book, a faction working on a “master race” might find itself something of a pariah among the Resistance. It’s mentioned a few times that the Resistance as a whole is reluctant to engage in wholesale bio-augmentation for fear of losing the “humanity” in the human race, as Shark has wonderfully detailed.

Reading between the lines, you could almost infer a superiotiry complex going on. Archangels, Dreadguard, and even Roughnecks are described in glowing terms of endearment while the “converted” OCCs (with the exception of Skinjobs and Saints) are all portrayed as some sort of outcast in most cases: Biotics are criminals or disabled, Scarecrows are antisocial misanthropes.

Hey, I think we just laid the groundwork for a “race war” in the Splicers-verse. The perfected human ideal vs. everyone else.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
ffranceschi
Adventurer

Guy_LeDouche wrote:Hey, I think we just laid the groundwork for a “race war” in the Splicers-verse. The perfected human ideal vs. everyone else.

YES!!! I love the idea...but we must deal the Machine a fatal blow before launching a "race war". Why? According to the main book the Resistance is totally outnumbered/outgunned right now and if they fight between themselves it will be their DOOM! My "version" of the Master race is too clever to fall in a trap like that...

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I would just like to point out that the "perfected human ideal" that many ordinary humans are thinking of may not be exactly what the Engineers and Librarians have in mind. Just sayin'
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

The Galactus Kid wrote:I would just like to point out that the "perfected human ideal" that many ordinary humans are thinking of may not be exactly what the Engineers and Librarians have in mind. Just sayin'

One of the first things, that a Master race should do, is to wipe them out (all of them; they are just too powerful!!!). I am assuming that the Master race can do everything that they can do. Otherwise, very good point!

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

ffranceschi wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:I would just like to point out that the "perfected human ideal" that many ordinary humans are thinking of may not be exactly what the Engineers and Librarians have in mind. Just sayin'

One of the first things, that a Master race should do, is to wipe them out (all of them; they are just too powerful!!!). I am assuming that the Master race can do everything that they can do. Otherwise, very good point!

I would say that in the world of Splicers, the genetic design needed to create these Supermen would only be able to come from the Engineers and Librarians. They are the ones that have given the Humans the biotech they have now. I don't think they are going to go down without a fight. Bio-meltdown signals all around. Enjoy. Ha. I guarantee the differing attitudes towards human augmentation and eugenics programs will be thou roughly discussed in future books.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
ffranceschi
Adventurer

The Galactus Kid wrote:I guarantee the differing attitudes towards human augmentation and eugenics programs will be thou roughly discussed in future books.

I will take you at your word!

9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

I've been thinking over an idea for a third faction (fourth? fifth? I've lost track of how many are actually official now.) that's becoming more and more disgusted with the route humanity is taking. They remember well the lessons learned by letting technology rule; a lesson most of humanity seems to have forgotten. From their prospective the "Great Houses" are nothing more then vast dens of simple minded savages who blindly traded one master (N.E.X.U.S) for another (Librarians).

In their view, humanity already has enough problems to deal with ...the last thing they want is some nutjob making a "superhuman" that can actually walk unnoticed amongst a crowd.
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

9voltkilowatt wrote:I've been thinking over an idea for a third faction (fourth? fifth? I've lost track of how many are actually official now.) that's becoming more and more disgusted with the route humanity is taking. They remember well the lessons learned by letting technology rule; a lesson most of humanity seems to have forgotten. From their prospective the "Great Houses" are nothing more then vast dens of simple minded savages who blindly traded one master (N.E.X.U.S) for another (Librarians).

In their view, humanity already has enough problems to deal with ...the last thing they want is some nutjob making a "superhuman" that can actually walk unnoticed amongst a crowd.

But this public stance is all a front to cover up the fact that they have already achieved perfect human/splicer hybridization and they don't want anyone else achieving this perfection.

Return to “Splicers®”