Open House 2012

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

FatherMorpheus
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Rifts is a framework, if you don't like part of it don't use it.

Open House 2012

Unread post by FatherMorpheus »

To all, this was one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time. Perhaps in the top 5 in my life. And like several people, I have 20+ years under my belt so that is saying something.

From a Soviet Private who just wanted to blow stuff up, to a 1st Lt who I'm sure would have figured out how to lead eventually, or the Oger Psi-Druid who wants everyone to get along. It was all great. I will say that Minister Mosses will ride again! Can I get an Amen!

I finally got to play the Rifts CCG, and well... I beat someone, but I'm sure it was beginners luck!

The nuking of the apes, heroes and town... Well, I mean come one, who doesn't want to be part of the killing of everyone in the small town!

And a big thanks to Kevin, for all of his long hard years at keeping Palladium going all these years!

Morpheus
aka Minister Mosses the holy Demon Killer!
MurderCityDisciple
Adventurer
Location: Formerly:Detroit, Michigan (West Side) Now in Dearborn: Which has 98.7% less arson.

Re: Open House 2012

Unread post by MurderCityDisciple »

Yeah I had a wonderful time...which actually added up to the best gaming convention experience I've ever had. I can't wait til the next one.

I have a question...how did this one compare to other Open Houses in the past as far as numbers and organization? I found the organization to be top notch.
“It's too bad that stupidity isn't painful.” - Anton LaVey

"God is a comedian playing to an audience too afraid to laugh." - Voltaire

"The die is cast." - Julius Caesar [Ultimate Powergamer]
Rimdall
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Rimdall »

I've heard a couple of people say they thought there were more people at this OH than in times past. To me, it seemed about the same number. The organization has always been first rate.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

FatherMorpheus wrote:To all, this was one of the best gaming experiences I've had in a long time. Perhaps in the top 5 in my life. And like several people, I have 20+ years under my belt so that is saying something.

From a Soviet Private who just wanted to blow stuff up, to a 1st Lt who I'm sure would have figured out how to lead eventually, or the Oger Psi-Druid who wants everyone to get along. It was all great. I will say that Minister Mosses will ride again! Can I get an Amen!

I finally got to play the Rifts CCG, and well... I beat someone, but I'm sure it was beginners luck!

The nuking of the apes, heroes and town... Well, I mean come one, who doesn't want to be part of the killing of everyone in the small town!

And a big thanks to Kevin, for all of his long hard years at keeping Palladium going all these years!

Morpheus
aka Minister Mosses the holy Demon Killer!

Good to have you in my game.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

I had an absolute BLAST!! I also learned a lot, as this was my 1st Open House, and I sincerely hope there's going to be another one in the next couple of years. Kevin ws an awesome host and a great GM, as were all the others including Involved Observer (Scott Gibson). I also spent far more than I had intended to, but, hey, anything to help out Palladium Books and keep them on their feet. :lol:
See you all in the future!!!
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

I had an super time at the Open House. It was nice meeting everyone that I was able to. I got home and had time to process everything and then though, "Doh! I didn't get that autograph or didn't talk to those people or play that game." I'll admit, it was a bit overwhelming for me but the whole thing was just awesome.

I was fried when I got home after a folly of flight problems, unexpected overnight stay and a 3 hour time difference. Plus the early work day then next morning at work didn't help. I'm recovering from the travel a little still, but the EXPERIENCE was just cool.
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

MurderCityDisciple wrote:Yeah I had a wonderful time...which actually added up to the best gaming convention experience I've ever had. I can't wait til the next one.

I have a question...how did this one compare to other Open Houses in the past as far as numbers and organization? I found the organization to be top notch.

I thought there was more (especially Saturday) with loads of pick up games. Organization was spot on, no hiccups, even 30 people going to see Avengers was well organised!
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited

Return to “Palladium Open House”