2012 Open House Pics

For discussion of the Palladium Open House, both past (May 2006 & May 2007) and possible future Open Houses. Who's going, games you're running or looking to play, etc.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Re: 2012 Open House Pics

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Well you are Ninjapuppy not Photographerpuppy so guess we can forgive you. :D

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Unread post by Scott Gibbons »

Woohoo! Pics 42 & 51 show my Rifts-based board game! Thanks Ninjapuppy!
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Jorel
Champion
Comment: I'm a Derrik, Derriks don't run.

Unread post by Jorel »

Wayne took pics. IO did a great magic demo fot his part in the contest.
Customer Service Director for Northern Gun

"The Devil's among us!
Stay back boy!...This calls for Divine Intervention!
I kick arse for the Lord!"
-Father McGruder- Braindead (a.k.a. Dead Alive)
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Thanks Jorel. 6+ months of prep & experimentation to get it together (and safe!), so I'm glad people enjoyed it.
A wise man once said, "Only a fool takes offense where none was intended." I repeat this good advice to myself at least once a day.

Calm, reasoned discourse is the best way to change minds; too bad all the calm & reason in the world can't open a willfully closed mind.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

More please!
Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Involved Observer wrote:Thanks Jorel. 6+ months of prep & experimentation to get it together (and safe!), so I'm glad people enjoyed it.

How many times did you set yourself aflame?

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Jorel wrote:
Involved Observer wrote:Thanks Jorel. 6+ months of prep & experimentation to get it together (and safe!), so I'm glad people enjoyed it.

How many times did you set yourself aflame?

That did or did not require my immediate hospitalization? :lol:

Jorel
Champion

Unread post by Jorel »

Both of course, and all the gory details if there are any. It was nice to see you again.

"The Devil's among us!
Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Jorel wrote:Both of course, and all the gory details if there are any. It was nice to see you again.

Nice to see you again as well.

To answer your question: I singed off hair on the back of my hands, gave myself a few burns and only had to rebuild my home twice. :oops: Actually, I started with small flaming balls I could hold in my hands, then built up from there - I have many years of experience with chemistry and fire, and am really quite cautious in what I do. I know, you're disappointed. :P :lol:

The worst part was actually Saturday afternoon a few hours before the costume contest. I had originally rigged the fire-glove to self-ignite, but I checked it before donning the costume and found it had developed a short somewhere in the wiring. With no time to fix it, I had to borrow the candle from my sister-in-law and improvise like heck once at the Open House. That's why it took so long for me to set things up when I got up front. Of course, Kevin was pretty funny filling up the time, so I guess it all worked out. :D

Scott Gibbons
Palladium Books® Staff

Mirrind Rhostarr wrote:Was curious on how much practice you had before the show....was sure you were going to set the beard on fire through as you blew the fire out...

Yeah, was kind of scared about that myself. I'd practiced the presentation (with the self-ignition of the glove) at least a dozen times as I worked everything out. I'd never had a chance to practice with the full costume on though - that was supposed to have been the afternoon right before the contest, but that's when I found that the glove was malfunctioning. So after a bit of panic I was able to borrow the candle from my sister-in-law, practice the presentation twice (sans costume) and headed to Palladium. Got there in time to get dressed up & signed up for the contest right before it started, and the rest is history!

Return to “Palladium Open House”