Rifts Lemuria has shipped

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

AlexM
Palladium Books® Staff

Rifts Lemuria has shipped

Unread post by AlexM »

It's sitting in our warehouse and all pre-orders are on their way. And it looks beautiful.

https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... muria.html

Alex Marciniszyn
Athos
Hero
Comment: Free Missouri, stand up to Apartheid everywhere.

Re: Rifts Lemuria has shipped

Unread post by Athos »

Any idea when https://palladium-store.com/1001/produc ... lames.html will ship?

I thought it was due out last summer, did you guys not feed poor Carl and he starved to death in some back office?

I bought Heroes of the Megaverse from you today, it would have been nice to buy them both and combine the shipping costs....
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Eagerly awaiting(with scuba mask in hand) the arrival of my copy and dive into it. :fool:
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Waiting for Megaverse in flames to be honest...
Bind the body to the opened mind
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Ugh I don't know what to do.
Haven't bought any of the more recent books yet - was kind of hoping that if I waited long enough I'd be able to buy them from Drivethrough.
Now I think I might have to bite the bullet and go for the inferior physical copy :( .

I think that if we buy through the Palladium Store, we should be allowed to upgrade to PDF for free if you guys release them in that format.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

My postal worker's truck is not safe. The doors may missing if locked.:)
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:My postal worker's truck is not safe. The doors may missing if locked.:)

Wow. Yeah, those suburban Dog Boys can be pretty vicious...Not content with ambushing the mailman in the front yard, they follow the poor guy home...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Bald Gorilla waiting for book!!!!

..they follow the poor guy home...

Too many watching.
No, outside of postal parking lot.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

Mine came in this morning. (( As stated in the All things palladium thread))

Chuck's art really really defines the book. It's amazing.
Mumah's is awesome too.

Have just started reading but so far the content is nice.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
taalismn
Priest

Ordered mine by U.S. snail mail....it will be a while yet until mine arrives. :(
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Giant2005 wrote:Ugh I don't know what to do.
Haven't bought any of the more recent books yet - was kind of hoping that if I waited long enough I'd be able to buy them from Drivethrough.
Now I think I might have to bite the bullet and go for the inferior physical copy .

I think that if we buy through the Palladium Store, we should be allowed to upgrade to PDF for free if you guys release them in that format.

I don't think physical copies are inferior. But their was a purchase option for a PDF version included when they did the megaverse Insiders thing for funding for the book.

Press Release, April 5, 2012 wrote:The two Megaverse® Insider hardcovers ship April 20 (same day as The Rifter® #58). Sorry, available only to Megaverse Insiders.

The PDF of Rifts® Lemuria also becomes available for Megaverse Insiders on April 20, 2012.

Emphasis mine.
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

ShadowLogan wrote:
Giant2005 wrote:Ugh I don't know what to do.
Now I think I might have to bite the bullet and go for the inferior physical copy .

I don't think physical copies are inferior. But their was a purchase option for a PDF version included when they did the megaverse Insiders thing for funding for the book.

Press Release, April 5, 2012 wrote:The two Megaverse® Insider hardcovers ship April 20 (same day as The Rifter® #58). Sorry, available only to Megaverse Insiders.

The PDF of Rifts® Lemuria also becomes available for Megaverse Insiders on April 20, 2012.

Emphasis mine.

Yeah I found that info on another thread. Serves me right for not paying attention.
I prefer PDFs because I don't have to pay obscene postage fees to import them and more importantly, they are portable. I just moved country and had to abandon a lot of my Palladium collection - I'd rather not have to do that again.
taalismn
Priest

:shock: Wow. Mine arrived today. I got some words to eat about U.S. Parcel Post.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn wrote:Ordered mine by U.S. snail mail....it will be a while yet until mine arrives. :(

So VROOM, the super snail works part time for the Postal service.
"Here delivery this."
"Ok ... What next."
"Delivery the package to that place in New England."
"I did. Now what do I do. Already had two Coffee Breaks waiting for to answer me."
:D

taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:
taalismn wrote:Ordered mine by U.S. snail mail....it will be a while yet until mine arrives. :(

So VROOM, the super snail works part time for the Postal service.
"Here delivery this."
"Ok ... What next."
"Delivery the package to that place in New England."
"I did. Now what do I do. Already had two Coffee Breaks waiting for to answer me."
:D

The JET-powered Snail from that YouTube animation.... :D 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

No, just a mix of the words snail and mail and a couple pain pills at work.

Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Got mine today! :) First skim-through looks great!
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Haven't seen it yet. They may be shipping all of mine together.
mumah
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist
Comment: Attacking gazeebos since 1883!

Unread post by mumah »

I just received my copies today, and man, the artwork is gorgeous. I am loving Kent Burles' work in particular, and Chuck's hyper-detailed work is just beautiful. Bradshaw's designs are gorgeous as well, as are Amy's and Brian and Allen's. Their work makes me wish I had stepped up my game a bit. Also, there are apparently some words in the book, but who looks at that?
"I remember your work." -Amy "The Unicorn" Ashbaugh
"What a talented schmoe." -Brian Manning
"Someday I'll be half as cool as Mumah." -Brian Manning
"Apollo Okamura drove here across the Atlantic from Japan." -Sarah Aten
taalismn
Priest

mumah wrote:I just received my copies today, and man, the artwork is gorgeous. I am loving Kent Burles' work in particular, and Chuck's hyper-detailed work is just beautiful. Bradshaw's designs are gorgeous as well, as are Amy's and Brian and Allen's. Their work makes me wish I had stepped up my game a bit. Also, there are apparently some words in the book, but who looks at that?

:D . Ah, another visually-oriented person. Yes, that short-circuited my initial resolve to read the book cover to cover, page-by-page, from the beginning to end. I had to rush to look at all the pretty pictures. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

I picked up my copies yesterday, Mann.. this is one of those sourcebooks that you know is a CLASSIC KEEPER!!! I must say reading through it, I am so proud of Greg, Kevin and Matthew for delivering such an awesome setting and so much more playability and ideas for the RIFTS setting that makes me want to crank out the old GM gear. I was thrilled with the entire cast of Artists and the level of artistry they illustrated. EVERYONE brought it and delivered (though I think I should have done a few things different to not have my art so dark.) This is one of of those titles that you better hurry up to snag your copy(ies) because you will need them!

A job well done to ALL the production team on this book, and I'm humbled by all the words of encouragement, but it really is the awesome team that makes this book stand strong!
Mumah, Amy, Kent, Brian & Allen, You guys & gal :D did an excellent job and I am glad I was part of this art team!

The writing delivers a wonderful take on the introduction and developments of Lemurians, their culture, history, abilities, and the deep races that dwell amist them, let alone their biomancy is so realistic and well balanced! I love what was done with the War steeds as the words really brings them to life! I was very impressed with the aquatic fauna both in writing and visuals (Mumah strikes again!)

I can easily say with this caliber of work that Palladiumbooks has delivered, I better step my game up even more.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Anyone else get their copy of Lemuria and any feedback thus far?
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Palladium is rushing my copy to me as I type this.

Like Premier asks feedback please.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Premier wrote:Anyone else get their copy of Lemuria and any feedback thus far?

Been reading through mine have not had a chance to get super far in it but man I am so tempted to make a junk crab character. Crazy hermit crab tech savant building his own lil porta james bond bunker on his back. I would probably drive my GM to drink in my quest for more shinies though.

I got the hard cover with the normal cover art and have to say book quality and appearance is excellent.
Everyman
D-Bee
Comment: Don’t argue with Idiots.. They will bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.

Unread post by Everyman »

The artwork is fantastic and the writing quite good. Lemuria is defiantely interesting and worth the wait of so many years since it was first listed as in the queue. Due to the artwork style and organic content, the book really did read like a "Splicers Undersea". In fact, I plan to recommend it to the product starved Splicer folks for just that reason and might consider using some of the war mounts from there such as the Leviathan with Lemuria.
There are 10 kinds of people in this world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

BrianI wrote:
abtex wrote:Palladium is rushing my copy to me as I type this.

Like Premier asks feedback please.

Howdy All,

So, I walked into one of my local friendly game stores this morning, Black Diamond Games in Concord CA, post-coffee, to find a copy of Rifts: Lemuria on the new books shelf. It's a very striking cover, so home it came with me, along with a new copy of Rifts Ultimate and, via quick stop at the local Half Price Books, a $5 copy of Rifts Underseas.

You see, I don't have a copy of Rifts on my shelves anymore (well, didn't). I actually sold my extensive Rifts collection back in '05ish. I had last run a Rifts camping around 2000 (based in Thunder Bay).

That counts as some feedback. :)

I've only started flipping through it, but it's got all the sorts of chock-full of gamery goodness you'd expect. A very good amount on Lemurians, their return to the modern Rifts age, RCC, OCCs.

I was just flipping through the war machines (creatures) section. If you're an animal companion sort of player / person, you'll have a lot of fun with the Sea Monsters & War Steeds section. There's a bunch of really wild undersea ridable war machine animal-monsters based off sharks, rays, seals. Bionmancy definitely gets a sea-lion's share of space in the background, OOC and Magic sections. The bioweaponry and gear is pretty wild too. Hydro-psionics

It's been awhile since I've read a Rifts book - the amount of Cool Stuff just jammed together is a bit jarring at the moment. ;)

Welcome to the Forum. Stay a while.
I think that works as feedback.

abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

Everyman wrote:The artwork is fantastic and the writing quite good. Lemuria is defiantely interesting and worth the wait of so many years since it was first listed as in the queue. Due to the artwork style and organic content, the book really did read like a "Splicers Undersea". In fact, I plan to recommend it to the product starved Splicer folks for just that reason and might consider using some of the war mounts from there such as the Leviathan with Lemuria.

Hi Everyman, welcome to the forum as well.

I was wondering about Lemuria misuse in Splicers myself. At least upgrades to Armor and war mounts or at least different versions of them. Fish and using them as tools with some combat use. Oct-knife, a Lemurian Swiss Army knife up to a 'shovel' size one could be one.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

abtex wrote:
Everyman wrote:The artwork is fantastic and the writing quite good. Lemuria is defiantely interesting and worth the wait of so many years since it was first listed as in the queue. Due to the artwork style and organic content, the book really did read like a "Splicers Undersea". In fact, I plan to recommend it to the product starved Splicer folks for just that reason and might consider using some of the war mounts from there such as the Leviathan with Lemuria.

Hi Everyman, welcome to the forum as well.

I was wondering about Lemuria misuse in Splicers myself. At least upgrades to Armor and war mounts or at least different versions of them. Fish and using them as tools with some combat use. Oct-knife, a Lemurian Swiss Army knife up to a 'shovel' size one could be one.

I think the bio armor/weapon stuff from lemuria would work okay in splicers. One thing to note though is a lot of the damage seems on the lower end so it may need a smidge of tweaking for the splicers setting. As a GM I don't think I would have a problem with any of the new additions everything that I have looked at so far is pretty reasonably power level wise nothing I have seen yet looks to outrageous for use in other settings.

Return to “Rifts®”