Archie the Gizmoteer?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Giant2005
Knight

Archie the Gizmoteer?

Unread post by Giant2005 »

For those that don't know, the Gizmoteer is the Psychic version of a Techno-Wizard.
Rifts Psyscape page 31 states that that particular OCC (Or at least it's equivalent) can be taught to a Psychic.
Do you think Archie could be taught to be a Gizmoteer, if so what outrageous contraptions would he now be capable of?
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Re: Archie the Gizmoteer?

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

To be sure, I think that Hagan as well as Archie should switch OCCs, since they work best with both minds in harmony.

What could they DO?
A LOT.

Off the top of my head, we know that Archie can make power armor and robot vehicles that work in conjunction with the pilot's Telemechanics powers.
As a Gizmoteer, he could probably make armor that could grant the pilot Telemechanics as well, for people who don't already have it.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Hey ARCHIE3 could even be taught to Open his "Third Eye" by someone from Psyscape in just a few years. Which would be interesting indeed.

I'd say Archie3 is a Master Psychic already.

Gizmoteer would be perfect for Archie3. He could build those TP Psi-swords and maybe even improve on them to allow anyone to use a Psi-sword.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Zer0 Kay
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Zer0 Kay »

Giant2005 wrote:For those that don't know, the Gizmoteer is the Psychic version of a Techno-Wizard.
Rifts Psyscape page 31 states that that particular OCC (Or at least it's equivalent) can be taught to a Psychic.
Do you think Archie could be taught to be a Gizmoteer, if so what outrageous contraptions would he now be capable of?

As opposed to the Gizmoteers from N&S? :)
:thwak: you some might think you're a :clown: but you're cool in book :ok: :thwak:--Mecha-Viper
BEST IDEA EVER!!! -- The Galactus Kid
Holy crapy, you're Zer0 Kay?! --TriaxTech
Zer0 Kay is my hero. --Atramentus
The Zer0 of Kay, who started this fray,
Kept us laughing until the end. -The Fifth Business (In loving Memory of the teleport thread)
Dead Boy
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: Eternal Defender of C.S. Righteous Indignation
~
Adamant Advocate for the Last Best Hope for Uncorrupted Humanity
~
Stalwart Exponent of the C.S.’s Eminent Domain of Man
~
Arbiter of Coalition Dogma and the Precepts of Emperor Prosek

Unread post by Dead Boy »

Giant2005 wrote:For those that don't know, the Gizmoteer is the Psychic version of a Techno-Wizard.

Probably not. Firstly, Archie really isn't in a position to go to school, especially considering the time demands of a university such as that. And secondly, Archie has a very poor grasp on the supernatural and I doubt he'd be able to understand the underlying concepts such a vocation would require.

On a side note, I didn't see the Gizmoteer mentioned by name in the section, nor anywhere in the book for that matter. Frankly, I don't think they exist anywhere outside of New Babylon (SA2).
From the author of The RCSG, Ft. Laredo & the E. St. Louis Rift in Rifter #37, The Coalition Edge in Rifter #42, New Chillicothe & the N.C. Burbs in Rifter #54, New Toys of the Coalition States in Rifter #57, and The Black-Malice Legacy in Rifters #63, 64 & (Pt. 3, TBA)

[img]x[/img]
Giant2005
Knight

Unread post by Giant2005 »

Dead Boy wrote:On a side note, I didn't see the Gizmoteer mentioned by name in the section, nor anywhere in the book for that matter. Frankly, I don't think they exist anywhere outside of New Babylon (SA2).

Well I did say the equivalent of a Gizmoteer...
It doesn't have to be a Gizmoteer, the important aspect is the ability to create Psionic-based TW items which is something they are teaching.
ShadowLogan
Palladin

Unread post by ShadowLogan »

Dead Boy wrote:

Probably not. Firstly, Archie really isn't in a position to go to school, especially considering the time demands of a university such as that. And secondly, Archie has a very poor grasp on the supernatural and I doubt he'd be able to understand the underlying concepts such a vocation would require.

On a side note, I didn't see the Gizmoteer mentioned by name in the section, nor anywhere in the book for that matter. Frankly, I don't think they exist anywhere outside of New Babylon (SA2).

Psyscape pg31 second column: "The Faculty of Psychic Technology is the smaller of the two. Its program teaches psychics how to design, build and repair psychic devices. This is a science similiar to Techno-Wizardry that uses psionics rather than magic to achieve the same ends."

They are Gizmoteers in all but name (which are described similiarly in SA2), and it can not be a reference to the Psi-Tech (which is said to be a souped up psychic operator).
Talon Starblade
Wanderer

Unread post by Talon Starblade »

I would find myself considering the situation to be a “Holy CRAP!” situation on Archie actually learning it, but given whether Archie could acquire character levels would be the determining factor on him being able to make them. The thing is, what would he be able to do with them? Possibly sell them to people? It would mean his possibly exposing his operation.

For the sake of argument, what if all these items started flooding the market? Might not the Coalition get interested? Just what would be their interest? Would they be interested in the technology themselves, given that Psychics they can control is something of interest? Talk about tools to work with.
Let the world tremble, for my imagination LIVES!

Return to “Rifts®”