Bio-Morph OCC !!?!

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

TechnoGothic
Knight

Bio-Morph OCC !!?!

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

Did this up awhile back for a HU2 Game I ran. I might bring it back for my current HU2 game.

Bio-Morph OCC

Bio-Morphs are the pinnicle of Splicer Technology. They much more than a Biotic, Host Armor, or War Mount. They are the Fuzion of Everything they have created so far and more. Engineers start off by taking samples to create a Host Armor for the Individual in question. Then they work on what features will be worked into (all the way to level 15). Finally they take the Host and place him into the Bio-Vat with the would be Host Armor for the Entire Growth period. The two are merged into a single being in a Unique way that is never revealed. Pieces of the Seedling itself is used which the Seedling provides willingly, and creates a new Bio-Vat Coccoon around the two as the bonding begins. It should be noted Noone knows about this Coccoon process besides the Engineers and how it works. Once Completed however the Coccoon opens up and out steps the lone Human being. Not a trace of the Host Armor remains to be seen. However this is not true. When the Human Host selects a "code" and Wills it, and yells the code word(s), he is Transformed into his Host Armor.
At Level One the Host Armor is Limited to its features selected for Level One. BUT as each new level of Experience comes around, the Host unlocks more of his abilities (pre-selected) and just Knows he has Unlocked them. The Host never needs to to the Bio-Vats or Engineers again for Upgrades. He can and May need to go back to them if Wounded or needs a limb regrown (unless Regeneration Super is unlocked). The Appearance once Transformed is just as varied as true Host Armors.
This a New and Fickle process. Only being used within the last 10 years as a Reward for great Dreadguards or Roughnecks of great heroism. This new OCC is feared and respected by fellow warrior for one reason. They are never without their Host Armor. They can Suit up in 2 Melee Actions at Will. However the Downside is great. If you survive the Process itself, you have spent the last 3 years inside a Coccoon. You feel out of place now. Everything is Too bussy even in the quite times. You miss the Coccoon. You were not alone there, you remember someone else. No not the Host Armor. The Seedling, it was the Seedling who kept you company within your mind. Its more like family to you now than the other "humans". Others will notice you talking to Walls in a loving manner. Though you will never notive them noticing.

Skills are the Same as Dreadguard or Roughneck occs.
Bio-E Points are the Same as Dreadguards but has an Extra 40 Bio-E to replace the metablism bonus. Select a Metabolism for the other bonuses however...Ignore Metabolism restrictions in reguard to Bio-Features selections.
Equipment : No Bio-Armor of any kind. The transformation will destroy it.

----------
Opinions ?? Comments ??

----
I worked this up for a HU2 game set in Outerspace. HU2, Skraypers, AU, and Splicers. All Host Armor have a Natural AR of 15. The MDC becomes SDC on a 1-1 bases. Keep Locations to Hit seperate. This is basically Organic version of the Robotics-Exoskeletons using the Bio-Features listed instead. Increased MDC feature boosts AR to 17 if selected the Maxium amount of times.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
TechnoGothic
Knight

Re: Bio-Morph OCC !!?!

Ahh yeah Thanks for reminding me.
Yeah Librarians and the Scarecrows hate you for some unknown reason.

Also Forgot...
Instead of Host Armor merger, you can select a special War Mount. Same process as normal.
However you Transform into the WarMount. Your Mind is the conscious of the WarMount. However it Lacks the neuro-links to be ridden by an Outrider. You cannot have a rider ever. Any WarMount type can be choosen as Long as it is larger than your Human body. Even Gorehounds can be chosen and you will be a large Gorehound nearly 6 or 7 feet at the shoulder. War-Morphs as they care nicknamed are even more Feared. Everyone fears them to a degree, except for Kids, which seems to love them over any other OCC.
Suprising those who select Dracos for their Transmortation can still have Three Heads, but over Half (65%) select only a Single head for a reason. Those who chose three heads, the Center head is "them", but the other two heads is also them but repressed personalities. One is always more aggressive and dumb and the other head is more timid but smarter (-/+1d4 IQ). Noone knows why this happens. But it serves to balance them out it seems. The smarter is the Thinker and planner, the dumber one thinks more instinctive and the middle head actual decides what to do. They joke about have an Angel/Devil on their shoulders at times.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

PIKACHU! I CHOOSE YOU!

Love the downside!

But the actual end result seems like a very restrictive version of the normal process. The character would need to get a huge pool of Bio-E at the start and then divided across 15 levels. A character would need 25% or more on average per level to compensate for the very unadaptive nature of their class.

Adaptation is THE rule of Splicers, without it your just a machine: organic or not. And we don't pander to machines around these parts!
TechnoGothic
Knight

yeah the downside is pretty nice for roleplaying too.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Chrnos
Wanderer

Unread post by Chrnos »

I like the concept of this :mrgreen:
Ziggurat the Eternal
Hero

Unread post by Ziggurat the Eternal »

I like the concept of guyv.... oh wait.
Balabanto wrote:Well, something called The Devastator should Devastate things. 1d6x10 couldn't devastate your mother in Rifts.

amodernheathen wrote:If, in one posting, I can increase the hellish chaos of even a single planet seven-fold, then I believe that I have done my duty as a Game Master to the widows and orphans of that world. By increasing their number. Drastically.
TechnoGothic
Knight

wow, been awhile hasn't it ?
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

TechnoGothic
Knight

9voltkilowatt wrote:
Love the downside!

But the actual end result seems like a very restrictive version of the normal process. The character would need to get a huge pool of Bio-E at the start and then divided across 15 levels. A character would need 25% or more on average per level to compensate for the very unadaptive nature of their class.

I add to the normal Bio-E per level an extra +1d4x10 Bio-E every third level for that special Bio-E reward for good service that Warlords like to give out. So an extra at +1d4x10 at lvl 3, 6, 9, 12, and 15, thats an extra +5d6x10 Bio-E to the Normal per level Bio-E they would normal get. Which is very useful indeed.

9voltkilowatt wrote: Adaptation is THE rule of Splicers, without it your just a machine: organic or not. And we don't pander to machines around these parts!

TechnoGothic wrote:Did this up awhile back for a HU2 Game I ran. I might bring it back for my current HU2 game.

Bio-Morph OCC

Bio-Morphs are the pinnicle of Splicer Technology. They much more than a Biotic, Host Armor, or War Mount. They are the Fuzion of Everything they have created so far and more. Engineers start off by taking samples to create a Host Armor for the Individual in question. Then they work on what features will be worked into (all the way to level 15). Finally they take the Host and place him into the Bio-Vat with the would be Host Armor for the Entire Growth period. The two are merged into a single being in a Unique way that is never revealed. Pieces of the Seedling itself is used which the Seedling provides willingly, and creates a new Bio-Vat Coccoon around the two as the bonding begins. It should be noted Noone knows about this Coccoon process besides the Engineers and how it works. Once Completed however the Coccoon opens up and out steps the lone Human being. Not a trace of the Host Armor remains to be seen. However this is not true. When the Human Host selects a "code" and Wills it, and yells the code word(s), he is Transformed into his Host Armor.

At Level One the Host Armor is Limited to its features selected for Level One. BUT as each new level of Experience comes around, the Host unlocks more of his abilities (pre-selected) and just Knows he has Unlocked them. The Host never needs to to the Bio-Vats or Engineers again for Upgrades. He can and May need to go back to them if Wounded or needs a limb regrown (unless Regeneration Super is unlocked). The Appearance once Transformed is just as varied as true Host Armors.

This a New and Fickle process. Only being used within the last 10 years as a Reward for great Dreadguards or Roughnecks of great heroism. This new OCC is feared and respected by fellow warrior for one reason. They are never without their Host Armor. They can Suit up in 2 Melee Actions at Will. However the Downside is great. If you survive the Process itself, you have spent the last 3 years inside a Coccoon. You feel out of place now. Everything is Too bussy even in the quite times. You miss the Coccoon. You were not alone there, you remember someone else. No not the Host Armor. The Seedling, it was the Seedling who kept you company within your mind. Its more like family to you now than the other "humans". Others will notice you talking to Walls in a loving manner. Though you will never notive them noticing.

Skills are the Same as Dreadguard or Roughneck occs.
Bio-E Points are the Same as Dreadguards but has an Extra 40 Bio-E to replace the metablism bonus. Select a Metabolism for the other bonuses however...Ignore Metabolism restrictions in reguard to Bio-Features selections.
Equipment : No Bio-Armor of any kind. The transformation will destroy it.

Again see that they do change and adapt over time as the Host Armor unlocks the pre-selected features as it advances in levels. They are adaptive, in that they change and grow over time. It is just they get the chance to pre-select the features that will be unlocked later on at some point. When its unlocked, they "know" its now unlocked for use.
Out of Game, this means the GM should keep track of XP in Real Time for the character, as he might Level Up in game during a battle and it might actually matter alot if that feature is unlocked now rather than next game session.
I've had player go up 3-5 levels in one game sesson. After level 6 or so advancement slows down, so i stress to players to select the most useful features for their Levels 1-6 self-upgrades. Because the later stuff might not come up for awhile. That and my players generally get bored with characters by 8th level anyways.
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

Return to “Splicers®”