Reverse Borg, AI Brain in an organic Body?

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Natasha
Champion
Comment: Doomed to crumble unless we grow, and strengthen our communication.

Re: Reverse Borg, AI Brain in an organic Body?

Unread post by Natasha »

TrumbachD wrote:For societies that frown on slavery of "Real People", what about cloning organic bodies and sticking in an AI brain?

Hm. Probably going to run into the whole cloning is bad thing. Of course it depends from the society and its political structure.

I'd stick with androids instead, although "real people" has a certain darkness which is appealing.
Anthar
Hero
Comment: Killer of threads.

Unread post by Anthar »

Triax Corporation in WB:5 has done it with one of their Gargoyle infiltration borg/robots. Pretty gruesome but neat at the same time.
"I love my dad because he is awesome."-My son.
Caution these rules are unclear and may be open to gross interpretation and out right misinterpretation. GM discression is strongly advised.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

TrumbachD wrote:For societies that frown on slavery of "Real People", what about cloning organic bodies and sticking in an AI brain?

Its completely doable, but let me just ask, Why just stick with a robot?
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
TechnoGothic
Knight

Unread post by TechnoGothic »

You could rule that they remove the human brain and replace it with an A.I. Brain because the clone brain has no memories at all. It may even be "brain-dead" in the first place.

So the City State in question clones people's bodies, and replace the brain with an AI brain. WHY ? Because an Android is usually more powerful than a human. They do not want something that dangerous in the city limits. I'd add that all Clone Bodies must be tattooed on the forehead with an "A.I." Stamp. Or the genes tweaked so the hair is Neon-colored. The Clone Bodies might also be albinoes as a side-effect or deliberate tweak in the genes.

Very Ternimator like, but a cool idea to me.

Ohh check out the Star Marshals OCC from Phase World or the Machine People RCC
TechnoGothic
END OF LINE

"The best things in life are to crush your enemies, drive them before you, and hear the lamentations of their women."-Conan
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

I wrote these up once, only the premise was that Archie created a kind of Mini-Archie that actually does look like a big brain, and he put this Archie in charge of biological warfare.
This included taking humans, mutant humans, and mutant animals, and replacing their brains with special AI computers capable of controlling the body and keeping it alive.

They were called "Reverse-Borgs" or "Grobs."

Archie mostly used them for infiltration.

This other Archie also liked to capture humanoids and experiment on them, and/or implant them with cortex bombs and camera eyes and send them on special missions (which made for great party motivation).
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Rallan
Champion

Unread post by Rallan »

Why bother? Hiring live employees at the going rate of pay would probably be cheaper, and would almost definitely give you a workforce that are more efficient and able to perform more complicated tasks.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

D.A.R.Y.L. !!!

♪♫Somewhere I belong♪♫
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Steeler49er
Hero
Comment: AKA-"Steeler49er"

Steeler49er is to the BOARDS, what C.J. Carella and Jhonen Vasquez are to RPG's & Underground Comics. You know! BIG FAT NUCLEAR DA-BOMBS!"

Unread post by Steeler49er »

Rallan wrote:Why bother? Hiring live employees at the going rate of pay would probably be cheaper, and would almost definitely give you a workforce that are more efficient and able to perform more complicated tasks.

Cuz we want Kids capable of Flying suped-up Black Birds at MACH 8
:P
Image...."SMILE YOU S.O.B"....Image

Problem is I used Placebos "Running Up that Hill" to get Catherine Wheels "Black Metallic" to get Monorals "KIRI" to get Dan Balans "Crazy Loop" out of my head in the first place.
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

As opposed to a Naruni Repo-Bot? Is there really any difference? "Oh, give me all that stuff!"
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Any robot with a flesh body automatically loses the 'fleshy bags of water' or 'meatbag' threat line....
Welcome to the meat, bit-brain...

And like all things exploitable and ugly, Atlantis probably offers toys like this...
Maybe even among its gladiatorial contests are those featuring 'flesh-bots' going at each other, or even systems that allow patrons to live vicariously, fighting to the death while sensorium-linked to flesh-bodied, cyber-brained 'proxies'...
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Library Ogre
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: My comments do not necessarily represent the views of Palladium Books.

Unread post by Library Ogre »

taalismn wrote:Any robot with a flesh body automatically loses the 'fleshy bags of water' or 'meatbag' threat line....

They're made of meat.
-overproduced by Martin Hannett

When I see someone "fisking" these days my first inclination is to think "That person doesn't have much to say, and says it in volume." -John Scalzi
Happiness is a long block list.
If you don't want to be vilified, don't act like a villain.
The Megaverse runs on vibes.
All Palladium Articles
Mutant Dawn for Savage Worlds!
keir451
Champion
Comment: We came, We saw, We kicked it's butt!!-P. Venkman
My real physics defeats your quasi physics!!!

Unread post by keir451 »

Steeler49er wrote:

D.A.R.Y.L. !!!

♪♫Somewhere I belong♪♫

Damn you beat me to it, I had the same thought!! :lol:
My real world Physics defeats your Quasi-Physics!!!
Bubblegum Crisis, best anime/sci-fi/ for totally hot babes in Power Armor.!!!!
Magic. Completely screws logic at every opportunity. (credit due to Ilendaver)
taalismn
Priest

Mark Hall wrote:
taalismn wrote:Any robot with a flesh body automatically loses the 'fleshy bags of water' or 'meatbag' threat line....

They're made of meat.

...ewwwwhhh...that is just COLD....
Snubbed by bigotry...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

It's made of muscle wire! Soylent Chipp is made of muscle wire! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
taalismn
Priest

Balabanto wrote:It's made of muscle wire! Soylent Chipp is made of muscle wire! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Young, fast, and biodegradeable....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Subjugator
Palladium Books® Super Fan

Unread post by Subjugator »

Coming soon.

/Sub
There's a reason...and a very good one...that I have certain people in this forum blocked both here and on Facebook.

I can see an illustration of that nearly every time I come here.
Talon Starblade
Wanderer

Unread post by Talon Starblade »

A few years ago, I created a Techno-wizard who’d had some serious problems. Unable (or unwilling) to connect to normal people, he began experimenting with AI. He made use of various Alien technologies and managed to develop his own brand, so to speak.

In online RPG’s I made use of that character and did a working along this lines. To him, sentient AI’s are just “digital life forms.” On his third project into the subject, he took a page from Daryl in that to better develop the DL’s personality and social connections, human-like senses (even simulated ones) are the best programmers… But what he figured out that made the project successful, was giving that DL a childhood.

The creation became as true a daughter as any living one could have been to him, growing up and eventually falling in love. As a wedding gift to his daughter, he worked with as cyberdoc to develop a full body made from Bioware. It was easier than trying to develop an actual clone, and nothing had been said or developed in any of the cannon Rifts books or the Rifter.

This is the closest thing I’ve ever made use of to the topic in anything other than some of my story writing.
Let the world tremble, for my imagination LIVES!
Incriptus
Hero
Comment: Hey, relaaaax. Pretend it's a game. Maybe it'll even be fun
Shoot the tubes, Dogmeat!

Psynetic crazy with heavy brain programing

Unread post by Incriptus »

My current phase world character is a psynetic crazy from rifts earth (he was sold to the splugorth of the three galaxies). He has brain programing twice, with the side effect of losing his old skills, and further brain damage. He's got an IQ of 5, he can barely tie his shoe laces, but is a medical doctor in cybernetics @ 80%.

He's almost a robot in a human body,

Return to “Rifts®”