For those with Ultimate Rifts...

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Tigermuppetcut
Wanderer

For those with Ultimate Rifts...

Unread post by Tigermuppetcut »

2 Questions that arose from my recent browsing of the old GMG.

1) Does it say what happens when someone unskilled attempts a skill which they could feasibly perform e.g. climb. Under the climb description it says skilled climbers get to re-roll a failure, but it doesn't say what unskilled climbers roll? Is it for instance Base skill value halved, OR double a relevant attribute and check on a percentile (cap it at the base value of the skill?) etc. This was never covered in Rifts.

2) Attribute checks, another skill (I forget which) mentions you can make an attribute check... Great except nowhere does is say what an attribute check is? Is can't be a D20 roll vs an attribute because that would be better than most skills (unless the attribute was 8 - 10). How does it scale if a giant tries something challenging for him and his strength attribute then using the same dice as a human would mean he will never fail etc. So are these dealt with in Ultimate Rifts?

Basically have they bothered to actually design a proper, workable, RPG system for Ultimate Rifts, adding to the gaping holes in the original? Or is it just as full of contradictions, flaws, holes and illogical mechanics?

I don't want to sound too negative, I mean I love the Rifts backgrounds the bad guys, the diversity... I just can't bring myself to play or run it with the system as is. :(

Thanks.
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Re: For those with Ultimate Rifts...

Unread post by Sureshot »

Tigermuppetcut wrote:
I don't want to sound too negative, I mean I love the Rifts backgrounds the bad guys, the diversity... I just can't bring myself to play or run it with the system as is. :(

Thanks.

Don't aplogoize for asking questions nor be afaird to post them Tigermuppetcut. Despite what some may say. It's up to the mods and only the mods to decide what is too negative and nobody else.

I cannot answer your questions though my area still does not have the URMB.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.

Unread post by Guest »

Not many are going to have it. I don't even know if anyone has it arrived yet.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

It hasn't arrived yet. And don't worry about sounding negative. These are valid questions and concerns.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Tigermuppetcut
Wanderer

It's nice to have even critical comments well received. Thanks for the support.

I agree with KS's policy of not going to a 2nd edition to a large extent since it would hurt the most loyal fans right in the pocket, the worst. Also I think that a lot of the issues I and others have can be fixed outside of having to write a whole new edition.

One of the things that always strikes me about many of the Rifts books especially KS's stuff is that he seems to have had a blast writing it, and that really carries you along as you read it. I often come away from a book buzzing with ideas and cool images... and then you start to think about the situations or play them out and in doing so look deeper into the rules which seem to cover most stuff at a glance only to find the huge holes. I so, so, so badly want to fall back in love with Rifts.

It needs someone other than KS to look at the book and not get carried away, look at it from a utilitarian standpoint. I like book where things are very clearly broken down into sections and chapters and well compartmentalised e.g. A chapter on Injuries and Death, sections on drowning, fire, falling, disease etc. then in each section its spelled out, it seems to leave fewer holes and be easier for referencing. I seem to recall in rifts if I wanted to find things like fire damage or drowning I'd likely have to look up a spell description causing those sort of effects and work back from there.

Similarly a section on skills with sections like using skills, successes, failures, unskilled attempts etc. etc. at the moment only some skills are clear on how often you roll and the effects of failure, none are clear on what happens trying it unskilled.

The sort of problems I lament but would be beyond the scope of a revision (unless a huge errata / conversion section were included) are things like one O.C.C. being described as "wary and keen eyed, used to looking out for himself" gets +1 initiative at lvls 3,6,9 and 12 and then having other OCC's like a spy, smuggler etc. who fit the description and reasoning behind the bonus but have none. I much prefer a section on "Abilities" or "Edges" or what have you and in there is written the ability "Wary +1 initiative at lvls 3,6,9 and 12" then instead of every writer on a whim adding bonuses to OCCs that accrue at different rates and seem silly in the face of other preceding OCCs the writers could instead simply say "this OCC has the 'Wary' ability" errata also applies to spy and smuggler OCC or something.

You see that sort of thing all over the place some power armours / robot armours give bonuses and attacks as you go up levels others don't, some weapons give horror factors when pointed at you(!!!!) because of large muzzles but robot weapons / boom guns don't etc. etc. it goes on and on and on, suspension of disbelief goes right out of the window.

They need to have all these cool ideas and idas for bonuses or traits or special effects and then pull them all out of being buried in OCC descriptions or equipment descriptions, standardise them and list them in their own sections. Throw more ideas around try to exhaust as many possible traits, hindrances, edges as you can then say to writers "Going forward stick to referring to the standard sections in the main book".

After a load of books have been written maybe there are so many good ideas on the cutting room floor because they didn't fit that it could do with a refit, that's the time to do a second printing with those ideas in or an expansion book listing the new traits / edges / effects and a conversion section listing which OCC's / weapons should get the new abilities.

Errrr thanks for listening /end rant.
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Unread post by Preacher »

Well I just got my Ultimates in. Five Regular and two Golds so it will be a day oe two till I can give any feedback. Off to read before work.
ImageImage Yeah I like guns. Image
I pledge allegiance to this flag, if that bothers you well that's too bad!!!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

5 REGULAR AND 2 GOLDS!?!?!?! WOW.

Well, I plan on having something like that by the end of it all. hahaha
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

Tigermuppetcut wrote:
One of the things that always strikes me about many of the Rifts books especially KS's stuff is that he seems to have had a blast writing it, and that really carries you along as you read it. I often come away from a book buzzing with ideas and cool images... and then you start to think about the situations or play them out and in doing so look deeper into the rules which seem to cover most stuff at a glance only to find the huge holes. I so, so, so badly want to fall back in love with Rifts.

Total agreement here, well said. :ok:

The ideas and the setting are what keep me interested despite the holes in the rules. Frankly I'd rather have a plethora of great ideas and a ruleset that needs work then a carefully planned out ruleset that covers every possible eventuality coupled with an uninspired setting. *Coughs*D20*Coughs*
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Grand Paladin
Adventurer

Unread post by Grand Paladin »

Kalinda wrote:
Total agreement here, well said. :ok:

The ideas and the setting are what keep me interested despite the holes in the rules. Frankly I'd rather have a plethora of great ideas and a ruleset that needs work then a carefully planned out ruleset that covers every possible eventuality coupled with an uninspired setting. *Coughs*D20*Coughs*

I second that wholeheartedly!! :ok: :ok:
"In America the President reigns for four years and journalism governs forever and ever. "
— Oscar Wilde
"I reject your reality and substitue my own!"
— Adam Savage, Mythbusters
Kalinda
Champion

Unread post by Kalinda »

The Galactus Kid wrote:5 REGULAR AND 2 GOLDS!?!?!?! WOW.

Ask preacher for a full listing of his collection. Go ahead, ask. :twisted:

I had to winch my jaw off the floor and had 'RPG envy' for a week after I did... :shock:
Personally, I think that we have a duty as role-players to try to anchor each other to reality a bit. To keep other gamers from being complete freaks and weirdos, or even psychopaths, if we can. Killer Cyborg
283 geek points. 42 McGeekpoints.
:lol: 50 Smartass Points! :lol: Slag.
60 DaDa points.
Sureshot
Champion

Tigermuppetcut wrote: One of the things that always strikes me about many of the Rifts books especially KS's stuff is that he seems to have had a blast writing it, and that really carries you along as you read it. I often come away from a book buzzing with ideas and cool images... and then you start to think about the situations or play them out and in doing so look deeper into the rules which seem to cover most stuff at a glance only to find the huge holes. I so, so, so badly want to fall back in love with Rifts.

There were a couple of books that were misses imo but there is no doubting that he does enjoy himself when he writes the books. That is good thing to see after all the time and effort he has put into the company. Not many would be.

A question if I may do you still lose your spell if you take damage? It one of the things that I hopes they changed.

Kalinda wrote:

Nothings wrong with having a ruleset that covers everything. It is not a flaw by any means. To me it means less work because I absolutely hate houseruling and more free time to come up with ideas . Nor do I have the time like I used to to work on games. Palladium and D20 both have a place in the current rpg market and both have their merits and flaws. In any case they and many other existing games will be around for years to come.

Though I will say that the Greyhawk setting imo is bland. Why Wotc did not make FR the default world I will never know or understand.

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
Sureshot
Champion

rotru wrote:
Tigermuppetcut wrote:One of the things that always strikes me about many of the Rifts books especially KS's stuff is that he seems to have had a blast writing it, and that really carries you along as you read it. I often come away from a book buzzing with ideas and cool images... and then you start to think about the situations or play them out and in doing so look deeper into the rules which seem to cover most stuff at a glance only to find the huge holes. I so, so, so badly want to fall back in love with Rifts.

It needs someone other than KS to look at the book and not get carried away, look at it from a utilitarian standpoint

I agree with this sentiment 100%, and I feel that this type of detail-oriented approach has been needed for years to balance out KS's enthusiasm and ideas.

From what I have read so far (which focused mostly on the changes to the OCCs), it looks like Carmen Bellaire may be doing just this. If that is true, and this is what we can expect to see in the future, I am once again hopeful for new Rifts releases.

I second this. Imo KS just does not have as much time as he used to devote to proofreading and keeping things concise. Having someone else who can shoulder the load and devote the time required to make the game better is what is needed. Too bad it cannot be done for all existing Palladium games.

Enlightened Grognard

grandmaster z0b
Champion

Unread post by grandmaster z0b »

Crazies get auto-dodge! Whoo-hoo
One of the things I posted as a suggestion was actually adopted!

Sounds like the spell system is better and easy to use too.
The word "THAN" is important. Something is "better than" something else, not "better then", it's "rather than" not "rather then".
RainOfSteel
Champion

Unread post by RainOfSteel »

Kalinda wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:5 REGULAR AND 2 GOLDS!?!?!?! WOW.

Ask preacher for a full listing of his collection. Go ahead, ask. :twisted:

I had to winch my jaw off the floor and had 'RPG envy' for a week after I did... :shock:

I have the same thing for the collection of a friend mine.

She has the entire WoD game line. When I mean entire, I'm not kidding. All products, all editions. It's all in three five-foot long shelves, with three overflow crates (milk crates).

Her shelves are better looking than any RPG game store.
TableSmith :: RUE Topics Reference
Is it bad form to agree with you agreeing with me? ~ Toc Rat
And if something bugs you, you have a right to complain about it. ~ Killer Cyborg
The quality of the crate matters little. Success depends upon who sits in it. ~ Baron Manfred von Richtofen
Omote
Explorer
Comment: To the extreme!

Unread post by Omote »

PREACHER is da man ~ with his rediculous collection of Pal stuff.

I thought I was crazy getting x2 RUGE and x2 RUE.

............................................Omote
FPQ
"My god is weird. My god is strange. My god taints a pretty picture." - KT
VAY VICTUS!
Preacher
Hero
Comment: My Thermonuclear level defense of Palladium is neither condoned nor endorsed by Palladium Books.

Omote wrote:PREACHER is da man ~ with his rediculous collection of Pal stuff.

FPQ

I think Da Dork is more applicable about me.

Here ya go. Behold my nerdy geekiness. I may have omitted a thing or two that I have picked up from lots from ebay the last several months. But it is 98% all there.

Oh and I also have a dozen or so of the posters as well as about 8 or ten t-shirts including the one I am wearing to GenCon, The Palladium Game Master one.

My Palladium Collection

The Valley of the Pharaohs (In shrink wrap)
Palladium Book of Weapons & Armour(original)
Palladium Book Weapons & Assassins(Original)
Palladium Book of Weapons & Castles(original)
#700 Beyond the Supernatural 1st Printing
#700 Beyond the Supernatural 5th Printing
#700 Beyond the Supernatural 2ED 1st Printing
#700 Beyond the Supernatural Hardbound 2ED Printers Proof
#700 Beyond the Supernatural Hardbound 2ED 51/500
#700 Beyond the Supernatural Hardbound 2ED 52/500
#701 Boxed Nightmare 1st Printing (no newspaper)
#701 Boxed Nightmare 1st Printing ( newspaper)
#701 Boxed Nightmare 1st Printing (newspaper)
#730 Nightspawn 1st Printing
#701 Between the Shadows 2nd Printing
#702 Nightlands 2nd Printing
#703 Through the Glass Darkly 1st Printing
#704 Shadows of Light 1st Printing
#610 Revised RECON 3rd Printing
#600 Deluxe RECON 1st Printing
#502 TMNT, Other Strangeness 1st Printing, Non Revised
#502 TMNT, Other Strangeness 2nd Printing, Non Revised
#502 TMNT, Other Strangeness 4th Printing, Non Revised
#502 TMNT& Other Strangeness 8th Printing Revised
#502 TMNT& Other Strangeness 13th Printing Revised
#503-2 After the Bomb RPG 1st Printing
#503-2 After the Bomb RPG Production Copy Signed
#503 After the Bomb 1th Printing
#503 After the Bomb 3rd Printing
#503 After The Bomb 5th Printing
#504 TMNT Adventures 1st printing
#505 Road Hogs 1st Printing
#505 Road Hogs 3rd Printing
#506 TMNT Guide to Universe 1st Printing
#506 TMNT Guide to Universe 2nd Printing
#507 Mutants Down Under 1st Printing
#507 Mutants Down Under 3rd Printing
#508 Transdimensional Turtles 1st Printing
#509 Trucking Turtles 1st Printing
#510 Turtles Go Hollywood 1st Printing
#511 Mutants of the Yucatan 1st Printing
#512 TMNT Game Master Shield
#513 Mutants in Avalon 1st Printing
#411 Compendium of Weapons, Armor & Castles 1st Printing
#550 Robotech RPG 4th Printing
#550 Robotech RPG 7th Printing
#550 Robotech RPG 8th Printing
#551 RDF Manual 5th Printing
#552 Zentraedi 3rd Printing
#552 Zentraedi 4th Printing
#553 Southern Cross 1st Printing
#553 Southern Cross 3rd Printing
#553 Southern Cross 6th Printing
#554 Ghost Ship 1st Printing
#556 Invid Invasion 1st Printing
#556 Invid Invasion 2nd Printing
#556 Invid Invasion 4th Printing
#557 The Sentinels 4th Printing
#557 The Sentinels 6th Printing
#558 REF Field Guide 2nd Printing
#559 Zentraedi Breakout 1st Printing
#559 The Return of the Masters 1st Printing
#590 Macross II RPG 1st Printing
#590 Macross II RPG 2nd Printing
#591 Macross II Sourcebook One 1st Printing
#592 Macross II Deck Plans V1 1st Print
#593 Macross II Deck Plans V2 1st Print
#594 Macross II Deck Plans V3 1st Print
#560 Lancers Rockers 1st Printing
#525 Ninjas & Superspies 2nd Printing
#525 Ninjas & Superspies 3rd Printing
#525 Ninjas & Superspies Revised 3rd Printing
#525 Ninjas & Superspies Revised 4th Printing
###Mechanoid Invasion Bk.1 Invasion
###Mechanoid Invasion Bk. 2 The Journey
###Mechanoid Invasion Bk.3 Homeworld
#400 The Mechanoids 1st Printing
#415 Contemporary Weapons 1st Printing
#### Magic of Palladium Books (signed)
#### Palladium Fantasy Game Master Shield.
#450 1st Edition Palladium Fantasy 1st Printing
#450 Revised 1st Edition Palladium Fantasy 2nd Printing Black
#450 Revised 1st Edition Palladium Fantasy 2nd Printing W/ Knight/ Dragon
#450-2 Palladium Fantasy 2nd Edition 3rd Printing
#450-2 Palladium Fantasy 2nd Edition Crimson 464/600
#450-2 Palladium Fantasy 2nd Edition Crimson 392/600
#451 Dragons & Gods 1st Printing
#453 The Old Ones 1st Edition, 1st Printing
#453 The Old Ones 2nd Edition, 2nd Printing
Monsters & Animals Original 1st Printing
#454 Monsters & Animals 2nd Edition 1st Printing.
#455 Adventures on the High Seas 1st Ed., 1st Printing
#455 Adventures on the High Seas 1st Ed., 3rd Printing
#457 Further Adventures North Wilderness 1st Printing
#458 Island at the Edge of the World 1st Printing
#459 Yin-Sloth Jungles 2nd Printing
#462 Western Empire 1st Printing
#463 Baalgor Wastelands 1st Printing
#464 Mount Nimro 1st Printing (signed)
#465 Eastern Territory 1st Printing
#466 Library of Bletherad 1st Printing
#467 Northern Hinterlands 1st Printing
#468 Land of the Damned 1: Chaos Lands 1st Printing
#469 Land of the Damned 2: Eternal Torment 1st Printing
#471 Wolfen Empire 1st Printing
#650 Systems Failure 1st Printing
#500 Printer Proof Gold HU 2nd Edition
#500 Gold Heroes Unlimited 5/600
#500 Gold Heroes Unlimited 6/600
#500 Gold Heroes Unlimited 348/500
#500 Heroes Unlimited 1st Edition, 1st Printing
#500R Heroes Unlimited Revised 4th Printing
#500R Heroes Unlimited Revised 10th Printing
#500-2 Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition, 1st Printing
#500-2 Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition, 2nd Printing
#501 Villains Unlimited 1st Printing
#501 Villains Unlimited 1st Printing Red Cover
#501 Justice Machine 1st Printing
#515 Aliens Unlimited 1st Printing x2
#515R Aliens Unlimited Revised 3rd Printing
#519 Galaxy Guide 1st Printing
#516 Heroes Gm’s Guide 1st Printing
#517 Century Station 1st Printing
#518 Gramercy Island 1st Printing
#519 Mutant Underground 1st Printing
#520 Power Unlimited 1 1st Printing
#### Arms of Nargash Tor 1st Printing
#409 Exotic Weapons 1st Printing (signed)
#401 Weapons & Armor Reprint 1st Printing
#402 Weapons & Castles Reprint 1st Printing
#403 Weapons & Assassins Reprint 1st Printing
#404 Weapons & Castles of the Orient 1st Printing
#301 Sonic Boom
#302 Deceptions Web
#303 Treacherous Awakenings
#799 Portfolio Z 126/200
#800 Rifts Gold 2/600
#800 Rifts Gold 209/600
#800 Rifts Gold 487/600
#800 Rifts Gold 580/600
#800 Rifts Silver Signed
#800 Rifts Silver (Played with)
#800 Rifts RPG 1st Printing**********
#800 Rifts RPG 5th Printing
#800 Rifts RPG 10th Printing
#800 (2) Rifts RPG 14th Printing
#800 HC Rifts Ultimate x5 1st Printing
#800 HC Gold Rifts Ultimate 64/1500
#800 HC Gold Rifts Ultimate 65/1500
#801 Rifts Source book 1 1st Printing
#801 Rifts Source book 1 2nd Printing
#801 Rifts Source book 1 5th Printing
#802 Rifts Vampire Kingdom 1st Printing
#802 Rifts Vampire Kingdom 2nd Printing
#803 Rifts Conversion Book 2nd Printing
#803 Rifts Conversion Book 5th Printing
#803 Rifts Conversion Book Revised 1st Printing
#852 Dark Conversions 1st Printing
#804 Rifts Atlantis 1st Printing
#805 Rifts Mechanoids 1st Printing
#807 Rifts England 1st Printing
#807 Rifts England 3rd Printing
#808 Rifts Africa (blue) 1st Printing
#808 Rifts Africa (blue) 3rd Printing
#808 Rifts Africa (red) 3rd Printing
#809 Rifts Wormwood 1st Printing
#810 Rifts Triax & NGR 1st Printing
#811 Rifts Pantheons 1st Printing
#811 Rifts Pantheons 2nd Printing
#812 Rifts Mindwerks 1st Printing
#813 Rifts Mercenaries 1st Printing
#813 Rifts Mercenaries 3rd Printing
#814 Rifts South America 1st Printing
#814 Rifts South America 2nd Printing
#815 Rifts Underseas 1st Printing
#816 Phase World 1st Printing
#817 Phase World Sourcebook 1st Printing
#818 Rifts Japan 1st Printing
#819 Rifts South America 2 1st Printing
#820 Rifts Juicer Uprising 1st Printing
#820 Rifts Juicer Uprising 2nd Printing
#821 Rifts Coalition War Campaign 1st Printing
#822 Rifts Psyscape 1st Printing
#823 Rifts Index 1, 1st Printing
#825 Rifts Lonestar 1st Printing
#826 Rifts New West 1st Printing
#826 Rifts New West 2nd Printing
#827 Rifts Spirit West 1st Printing
#828 Rifts Coalition Navy 1st Printing
#829 Rifts Federation of Magic 1st Printing
#829 Rifts Federation of Magic Revised 1st Printing
#830 Rifts Skraypers 1st Printing
#831 Rifts Index 2, 1st Printing
#832 Rifts Warlords of Russia 1st Printing
#833 Rifts Mystic Russia 1st Printing
#834 Rifts Australia 1st Printing
#835 Rifts Canada 1st Printing
#836 Splynn Dimensional Market 1st Printing
#837 Rifts Free Quebec 1st Printing
#838 Rifts Xiticix Invasion 1st Printing
#839 Rifts Siege on Tolkeen 1st Printing
#840 Rifts Coalition Overkill 1st Printing
#841 Rifts Sorcerers Revenge 1st Printing
#842 Rifts Cyber Knights 1st Printing
#843 Rifts Shadows of Evil 1st Printing
#844 Rifts Final Siege 1st Printing
#845 Rifts GM Guide 1st Printing
#845 Rifts GM Guide 1st Printing (signed)
#845 Rifts GM Guide 3rd Printing
#846 Rifts Aftermath 1st Printing
#847 Rifts Anvil Galaxy 1st Printing
#848 Rifts Book of Magic 1st Printing
#848 Rifts Book of Magic 1st Printing (signed)
#849 Rifts GM Adventure Guide 1st Printing
#850 Rifts Bionic Sourcebook 1st Printing
#851 Rifts Three Galaxies 1st Printing
#853 Rifts Chi-Town Burbs 1st Printing
#854 Rifts Firetown Tolkeen Crisis 1st Printing
#855 Rifts Black Vault 1st Printing
#856 Rifts Vanguard 1st Printing
#857 Rifts China 1 , 1st Printing
#859 DB 7 Megaverse Builder 1st Printing
#860 Naruni Wave 2 1st Printing
#862 Dinosaur Swamp 1st Printing
#863 MercTown 1st Printing
#865 Merc Ops 1st Printing
#514 Mutants In Orbit 1st Printing
#514 Mutants In Orbit 2nd Printing
#2000 Myrmidon’s Manhunter 1st Printing
Rifts GM Screen & Adventures 1st Printing
#660 Chaos Earth 1st Printing
#661 Creatures of Chaos 1st Printing
#101 The Rifter 1 1st Printing
#102 The Rifter 2 1st Printing
#103 The Rifter 3 1st Printing
#104 The Rifter 4 1st Printing
#105 The Rifter 5 1st Printing
#106 The Rifter 6 1st Printing
#107 The Rifter 7 1st Printing
#108 The Rifter 8 1st Printing
#109 The Rifter 9 1st Printing
#110 The Rifter 10 1st Printing
#111 The Rifter 11 1st Printing
#112 The Rifter 12 1st Printing
#113 The Rifter 13 1st Printing
#114 The Rifter 14 1st Printing
#115 The Rifter 15 1st Printing
#116 The Rifter 16 1st Printing
#117 The Rifter 17 1st Printing
#118 The Rifter 18 1st Printing
#119 The Rifter 19 1st Printing
#120 The Rifter 20 1st Printing
#121 The Rifter 21 1st Printing
#122 The Rifter 22 1st Printing
#123 The Rifter 23 1st Printing
#124 The Rifter 24 1st Printing
#125 The Rifter 25 1st Printing
#126 The Rifter 26 1st Printing
#127 The Rifter 27 1st Printing
#128 The Rifter 28 1st Printing
#129 The Rifter 29 1st Printing
#130 The Rifter 30 1st Printing
#095 The Rifter 9.5 1st Printing
#095 The Rifter 9.5 1st Printing (signed)
#502-R After the Bomb Editors Proof – Signed
The VHS Tape Sets
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 1
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 2
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 3
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 4
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 5
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 6
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 7
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 8
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 1
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 2
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 3
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 4
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 5
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 6
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 7
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 8

Pre-Palladium Kevin Siembieda Comic’s
A+ #1
A+ # 2
A+ # 3
A+ # 4
A+ # 5
###FOUR Complete Sets of The Palladium CCG With the Promos.
###### The complete three issue Caliber Comic’s MECHANOIDS.
Preacher
Hero

Illithid13 wrote:
Preacher wrote:
Omote wrote:PREACHER is da man ~ with his rediculous collection of Pal stuff.

FPQ

I think Da Dork is more applicable about me.

Here ya go. Behold my nerdy geekiness. I may have omitted a thing or two that I have picked up from lots from ebay the last several months. But it is 98% all there.

Oh and I also have a dozen or so of the posters as well as about 8 or ten t-shirts including the one I am wearing to GenCon, The Palladium Game Master one.

My Palladium Collection

Palladium Book of Weapons & Armour(original)
Palladium Book Weapons & Assassins(Original)
Palladium Book of Weapons & Castles(original)
#700 Beyond the Supernatural 1st Printing
#700 Beyond the Supernatural 5th Printing
#700 Beyond the Supernatural 2ED 1st Printing
#700 Beyond the Supernatural Hardbound 2ED Printers Proof
#700 Beyond the Supernatural Hardbound 2ED 51/500
#700 Beyond the Supernatural Hardbound 2ED 52/500
#701 Boxed Nightmare 1st Printing (no newspaper)
#701 Boxed Nightmare 1st Printing ( newspaper)
#701 Boxed Nightmare 1st Printing (newspaper)
#730 Nightspawn 1st Printing
#701 Between the Shadows 2nd Printing
#702 Nightlands 2nd Printing
#703 Through the Glass Darkly 1st Printing
#704 Shadows of Light 1st Printing
#610 Revised RECON 3rd Printing
#600 Deluxe RECON 1st Printing
#502 TMNT, Other Strangeness 1st Printing, Non Revised
#502 TMNT, Other Strangeness 2nd Printing, Non Revised
#502 TMNT, Other Strangeness 4th Printing, Non Revised
#502 TMNT& Other Strangeness 8th Printing Revised
#502 TMNT& Other Strangeness 13th Printing Revised
#503-2 After the Bomb RPG 1st Printing
#503-2 After the Bomb RPG Production Copy Signed
#503 After the Bomb 1th Printing
#503 After the Bomb 3rd Printing
#503 After The Bomb 5th Printing
#505 Road Hogs 1st Printing
#505 Road Hogs 3rd Printing
#506 TMNT Guide to Universe 1st Printing
#506 TMNT Guide to Universe 2nd Printing
#507 Mutants Down Under 1st Printing
#507 Mutants Down Under 3rd Printing
#512 TMNT Game Master Shield
#513 Mutants in Avalon 1st Printing
#411 Compendium of Weapons, Armor & Castles 1st Printing
#550 Robotech RPG 4th Printing
#550 Robotech RPG 7th Printing
#550 Robotech RPG 8th Printing
#551 RDF Manual 5th Printing
#552 Zentraedi 3rd Printing
#552 Zentraedi 4th Printing
#553 Southern Cross 3rd Printing
#553 Southern Cross 6th Printing
#554 Ghost Ship 1st Printing
#556 Invid Invasion 1st Printing
#556 Invid Invasion 2nd Printing
#556 Invid Invasion 4th Printing
#557 The Sentinels 4th Printing
#557 The Sentinels 6th Printing
#558 REF Field Guide 2nd Printing
#559 The Return of the Masters 1st Printing
#590 Macross II RPG 1st Printing
#590 Macross II RPG 2nd Printing
#591 Macross II Sourcebook One 1st Printing
#593 Macross II Deck Plans V2 1st Print
#594 Macross II Deck Plans V3 1st Print
#560 Lancers Rockers 1st Printing
#525 Ninjas & Superspies 2nd Printing
#525 Ninjas & Superspies 3rd Printing
#525 Ninjas & Superspies Revised 3rd Printing
#525 Ninjas & Superspies Revised 4th Printing
###Mechanoid Invasion Bk.1 Invasion
###Mechanoid Invasion Bk. 2 The Journey
###Mechanoid Invasion Bk.3 Homeworld
#### Magic of Palladium Books (signed)
#### Palladium Fantasy Game Master Shield.
#450 1st Edition Palladium Fantasy 1st Printing
#450 Revised 1st Edition Palladium Fantasy 2nd Printing Black
#450 Revised 1st Edition Palladium Fantasy 2nd Printing W/ Knight/ Dragon
#450-2 Palladium Fantasy 2nd Edition 3rd Printing
#450-2 Palladium Fantasy 2nd Edition Crimson 464/600
#450-2 Palladium Fantasy 2nd Edition Crimson 392/600
#451 Dragons & Gods 1st Printing
#453 The Old Ones 1st Edition, 1st Printing
#453 The Old Ones 2nd Edition, 2nd Printing
Monsters & Animals Original 1st Printing
#454 Monsters & Animals 2nd Edition 1st Printing.
#455 Adventures on the High Seas 1st Ed., 3rd Printing
#458 Island at the Edge of the World 1st Printing
#459 Yin-Sloth Jungles 2nd Printing
#462 Western Empire 1st Printing
#463 Baalgor Wastelands 1st Printing
#464 Mount Nimro 1st Printing (signed)
#465 Eastern Territory 1st Printing
#466 Library of Bletherad 1st Printing
#467 Northern Hinterlands 1st Printing
#468 Land of the Damned 1: Chaos Lands 1st Printing
#469 Land of the Damned 2: Eternal Torment 1st Printing
#471 Wolfen Empire 1st Printing
#650 Systems Failure 1st Printing
#500 Printer Proof Gold HU 2nd Edition
#500 Gold Heroes Unlimited 5/600
#500 Gold Heroes Unlimited 6/600
#500 Gold Heroes Unlimited 348/500
#500 Heroes Unlimited 1st Edition, 1st Printing
#500R Heroes Unlimited Revised 4th Printing
#500R Heroes Unlimited Revised 10th Printing
#500-2 Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition, 1st Printing
#500-2 Heroes Unlimited 2nd Edition, 2nd Printing
#501 Justice Machine 1st Printing
#515 Aliens Unlimited 1st Printing x2
#515R Aliens Unlimited Revised 3rd Printing
#519 Galaxy Guide 1st Printing
#516 Heroes Gm’s Guide 1st Printing
#517 Century Station 1st Printing
#518 Gramercy Island 1st Printing
#519 Mutant Underground 1st Printing
#520 Power Unlimited 1 1st Printing
#### Arms of Nargash Tor 1st Printing
#409 Exotic Weapons 1st Printing (signed)
#401 Weapons & Armor Reprint 1st Printing
#402 Weapons & Castles Reprint 1st Printing
#403 Weapons & Assassins Reprint 1st Printing
#404 Weapons & Castles of the Orient 1st Printing
#301 Sonic Boom
#302 Deceptions Web
#303 Treacherous Awakenings
#799 Portfolio Z 126/200
#800 Rifts Gold 2/600
#800 Rifts Gold 209/600
#800 Rifts Gold 487/600
#800 Rifts Gold 580/600
#800 Rifts Silver Signed
#800 Rifts Silver (Played with)
#800 Rifts RPG 1st Printing**********
#800 Rifts RPG 5th Printing
#800 Rifts RPG 10th Printing
#800 (2) Rifts RPG 14th Printing
#800 HC Rifts Ultimate x5 1st Printing
#800 HC Gold Rifts Ultimate 64/1500
#800 HC Gold Rifts Ultimate 65/1500
#801 Rifts Source book 1 2nd Printing
#801 Rifts Source book 1 5th Printing
#802 Rifts Vampire Kingdom 2nd Printing
#803 Rifts Conversion Book 5th Printing
#803 Rifts Conversion Book Revised 1st Printing
#852 Dark Conversions 1st Printing
#807 Rifts England 1st Printing
#807 Rifts England 3rd Printing
#808 Rifts Africa (blue) 3rd Printing
#808 Rifts Africa (red) 3rd Printing
#811 Rifts Pantheons 1st Printing
#811 Rifts Pantheons 2nd Printing
#813 Rifts Mercenaries 3rd Printing
#814 Rifts South America 2nd Printing
#820 Rifts Juicer Uprising 2nd Printing
#826 Rifts New West 2nd Printing
#827 Rifts Spirit West 1st Printing
#828 Rifts Coalition Navy 1st Printing
#829 Rifts Federation of Magic Revised 1st Printing
#831 Rifts Index 2, 1st Printing
#832 Rifts Warlords of Russia 1st Printing
#834 Rifts Australia 1st Printing
#835 Rifts Canada 1st Printing
#837 Rifts Free Quebec 1st Printing
#838 Rifts Xiticix Invasion 1st Printing
#839 Rifts Siege on Tolkeen 1st Printing
#841 Rifts Sorcerers Revenge 1st Printing
#842 Rifts Cyber Knights 1st Printing
#843 Rifts Shadows of Evil 1st Printing
#844 Rifts Final Siege 1st Printing
#845 Rifts GM Guide 1st Printing
#845 Rifts GM Guide 1st Printing (signed)
#845 Rifts GM Guide 3rd Printing
#846 Rifts Aftermath 1st Printing
#848 Rifts Book of Magic 1st Printing (signed)
#850 Rifts Bionic Sourcebook 1st Printing
#851 Rifts Three Galaxies 1st Printing
#853 Rifts Chi-Town Burbs 1st Printing
#854 Rifts Firetown Tolkeen Crisis 1st Printing
#855 Rifts Black Vault 1st Printing
#856 Rifts Vanguard 1st Printing
#857 Rifts China 1 , 1st Printing
#859 DB 7 Megaverse Builder 1st Printing
#860 Naruni Wave 2 1st Printing
#862 Dinosaur Swamp 1st Printing
#863 MercTown 1st Printing
#865 Merc Ops 1st Printing
#514 Mutants In Orbit 2nd Printing
#660 Chaos Earth 1st Printing
#661 Creatures of Chaos 1st Printing
#101 The Rifter 1 1st Printing
#102 The Rifter 2 1st Printing
#104 The Rifter 4 1st Printing
#105 The Rifter 5 1st Printing
#106 The Rifter 6 1st Printing
#108 The Rifter 8 1st Printing
#109 The Rifter 9 1st Printing
#110 The Rifter 10 1st Printing
#111 The Rifter 11 1st Printing
#112 The Rifter 12 1st Printing
#113 The Rifter 13 1st Printing
#114 The Rifter 14 1st Printing
#115 The Rifter 15 1st Printing
#116 The Rifter 16 1st Printing
#117 The Rifter 17 1st Printing
#118 The Rifter 18 1st Printing
#119 The Rifter 19 1st Printing
#121 The Rifter 21 1st Printing
#122 The Rifter 22 1st Printing
#123 The Rifter 23 1st Printing
#124 The Rifter 24 1st Printing
#125 The Rifter 25 1st Printing
#126 The Rifter 26 1st Printing
#127 The Rifter 27 1st Printing
#128 The Rifter 28 1st Printing
#129 The Rifter 29 1st Printing
#130 The Rifter 30 1st Printing
#095 The Rifter 9.5 1st Printing
#095 The Rifter 9.5 1st Printing (signed)
#502-R After the Bomb Editors Proof – Signed
The VHS Tape Sets
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 1
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 2
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 3
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 4
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 5
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 6
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 7
###Robotech The New Generation Volume 8
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 1
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 2
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 3
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 4
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 5
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 6
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 7
######Robotech Southern Cross Volume 8

Pre-Palladium Kevin Siembieda Comic’s
A+ #1
A+ # 2
A+ # 3
A+ # 4
A+ # 5
###FOUR Complete Sets of The Palladium CCG With the Promos.
###### The complete three issue Caliber Comic’s MECHANOIDS.

Um, just because I can, I award you with the title of "Geekous Maximous."

Sigged.
Tigermuppetcut
Wanderer

Before the topic hi-jacking gets worse ;)

Now people have had time to read the books... any answers to attribute checks and unskilled attempts at skills?

Thanks
Tigermuppetcut
Wanderer

Oh there are plenty of ways to house rule it. But I want a system that requires no / very little houserules... Or a better rule of thumb, a system where the only houserules are discussions of changes to existing rules rather than inventing whole new rules to fill gaps.

Your example is ok for somethings but not others (physical skills like maintain balance etc. should it be IQ? If not how having a high IQ can give bonuses to it.) Also that system would mean that 2 people with the same OCC with a different (but not exceptional) IQ would perform the skill at different ability levels whereas if they'd purchased the skill that wouldn't be the case.

If I was to houserule this now I'd probably go with the oft used -20% penalty (dealing with alien technology / something hard to understand) to the base skill value.

But when I hand over my cash I'm paying for someone else to have already thought about that, and more than that playtested it (yeah right!) and committed it to print.

Attribute checks are even tougher than unskilled attempts, I think I'd have to use a houserule of re-rolling the original attribute generation dice when something would be challenging for someone of that race and then modify the role (e.g. +2 to the roll, +4 to the roll) the more difficult it is, and have them try to get equal to or under. But again, I'm not about to pay for the privilege of fixing a gappy system... again.
maasenstodt
Adventurer

Unread post by maasenstodt »

The Sovereign wrote:I don't think you should be playing Rifts then. The tricky thing about it is that you have to think and make some decisions to play.

Sadly, this is pretty much correct. Anymore, I just view the entire Palladium ruleset as a bunch of suggestions. Heck, I don't think many of those at Palladium, including Kevin, actually play by the rules as written. Given the conflicts and holes, who could?

Now, that isn't a big problem for those experienced enough to wing it in order to focus on the story, but newer players approaching the game as, well, a game, and who are therefore looking for reasonably tight and coherent rules are likely to chafe against it. Until Kevin finally gets around to streamlining things and conducting some decent playtesting (or even playing his own games they way they are written), I think a fair number of newer gamers are likely to come away from Palladium feeling frustrated. Tigermuppetcut's reaction would not, therefore, be an uncommon response. :-?

Then again, I imagine someone will be here to correct me in short order... :P

Return to “Rifts®”