Undead Slayer Tattoo question.

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Undead Slayer Tattoo question.

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

I have a True Atlantean Undead Slayer of the Bagh-Dach. I am torn between two Magic Weapon Tattoos. What would be more useful Weapon Impaling or Smashing A Baal-Rog's Head (Demon Slayer) or Weapon Impaling or Smashing a Skull (Anti-I.S.P.)? Thanks again!
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Re: Undead Slayer Tattoo question.

Unread post by Mack »

Well, that depends on what your GM throws at you. :)

Personally, I'd find the Anti-ISP tattoo to be practically useless because you: 1) need to be facing something that relies on ISP, and 2) need to drain them almost to zero ISP. Draining them halfway won't likely change their attacks. You have to get them low enough that they can't use their psionics anymore.

You're more likely to run afoul of a Demon.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
(SHIFTY)
Adventurer

Unread post by (SHIFTY) »

Mack wrote:Well, that depends on what your GM throws at you. :)

Personally, I'd find the Anti-ISP tattoo to be practically useless because you: 1) need to be facing something that relies on ISP, and 2) need to drain them almost to zero ISP. Draining them halfway won't likely change their attacks. You have to get them low enough that they can't use their psionics anymore.

You're more likely to run afoul of a Demon.

Would the same thing go for the Anti P.P.E one? I looked at this one as well. The Weapon Impaling The Heart. I feel like I might encounter more things that are reliant on PPE. Would you still go with the demon/Deevil one?
Mack
Supreme Being
Comment: This space for rent.

Unread post by Mack »

Yes, I feel the same about the Anti-PPE tattoo.

The only time I see those two tattoos being useful is if you have to capture (not kill) a Mage or Psychic. But since a Ley Line Walker or a Mind Melter could easily have 150+, or 200+ PPE or ISP respectively, draining that resource at 2D6 per hit isn't going be very effective.

As an Undead Slayer, you've got plenty of tattoos, so you may be comfortable spending one on a niche power. But don't expect to get much use out of it unless your GM tosses you something for that purpose.
Some gave all.
Love your neighbor.
Know the facts. Know your opinion. Know the difference.
hup7
Wanderer

Unread post by hup7 »

Got to agree with Mack, the anti-PPE and anti-ISP weapon tats are kind of useless.

To be honest even the flaming sword, dripping blood is inferior to a TW Lightblade, as much as I would prefer to use the tattoo - I really don't, unless for some reason I don't have a TW or magic weapon with me.

The serpent slayer at least does triple damage, and the poison thorns inflicts a debuff. For +8 / +12 damage, I'd really only take it for thematic play - playing a "demon" slayer.

Happy Gaming.

Return to “Rifts®”