Outback Mutants

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Outback Mutants

Unread post by 13eowulf »

So.... Dog Boys can choose OCCs other than Dog Boy, and Psi Stalkers can choose OCCs other than the presented CS and Wild Psi Stalker OCCs, and, in theory, Dinosaur Swap Mutant Barbarians can be taken out of their environment while young and trained to become any OCC. Given the above examples, can Outback Mutants choose an OCC other than the two presented mutie/phreaker OCCs?

While I understand in the end it is up to a given GM or game to rule, what I am mainly looking for is if there are any Canon and/or Official answers on this.

As a secondary question, would Outback Mutants be able to be rifted/travel as young, to learn a non-Australian OCC (presuming they are allowed other OCCs)?
Last edited by 13eowulf on Sun Jun 24, 2018 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
shadrak
Champion

Re: Outback Mutants

Unread post by shadrak »

I don't know that you're going to find a canon answer on that; is there an answer in D-Bees of north america?
13eowulf
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by 13eowulf »

shadrak wrote:I don't know that you're going to find a canon answer on that; is there an answer in D-Bees of north america?

D-Bees of North America unfortunately doesn't address this. I am guessing that is (in part) because the Outback Mutants are exclusive to Australia.
Oderint Dum Metuant.
Tick
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Tick »

Going out on a limb here - but eugenics are a part of the dog boy program. Aussie animals could be created in the lone star complex, unfortunately they would have O.C.C. related to north America not Australia. But have mutant animal abilities from that part of the world. Going vice versa would like be a GM call.

Return to “Rifts®”