Coalition States and Splicers

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Axelmania
Knight

Coalition States and Splicers

Unread post by Axelmania »

We know that the CS have a hostility towards humans from other dimensions (even if they can be potentially accepting of them, like the Empire of Humanity from ATB, if they keep their nose down) but if that lessened to some degree (say they were willing to ally with other human supremists from other dimensions) how do you think interaction with Splicers guilds would go?

It would seem to have a lot of problems still to traverse. The ones modified to become MDC for example, are in many ways weirder than Sea Titans. Where Sea Titans are just born that way, you have a mix of people opting to be changed and those who were forced to change due to being slaves.

The CS seems to tolerate a possible alliance with Cordoba in South America in spite of their Anti-Monsters, and those things are pretty weird and ugly. If they can tolerate something made with alien TW from another dimension, Splicers tech seems within the realm of tolerability too, in terms of alliances.

A big problem would be how they're all carriers of the technology virus. I think the CS would get along best with those guys who rewrite the virus to work for them since it wouldn't cause problems.

The others, allies at a distance is about all they could ever be, because they couldn't come close to CS tech without changing it into killer robots.

I could see them interacting using farming communities (metal-free) as a place to speak to each other. The benefit of Splicers to the CS is they have regenerating plant walls (drawing largely on the Gardener OCC, canon in the Rifter, I think 50 or something) which could be placed in front of dimensional portals and stuff, and could heal themselves over time. The CS has to repair everything of theirs which gets damaged so using Splicers as front-line fighters would help them deal with those problems.

I think those Tech guys can also power energy weapons indefinitely (like being connected to a nuclear reactor) so that would also be good for prolonged assaults to lessen E-Clip demands.
say652
Palladin
Comment: Avid Cyborg and Braka Braka enthusiast.

Re: Coalition States and Splicers

Unread post by say652 »

I'm leaning towards No, because of the technovirus. If the virus somehow died off they are basically Bioborgs from Atlantis, so again leaning towards No.
Axelmania
Knight

Bioborgs fits more with those ... I keep forgetting what they're called, but when it's actually changed to MDC as opposed to an SDC being wearing a living MDC suit.

Anti-Monsters are bio-borgish too and the CS is considering an alliance with a nation which changes humans into them.

The difference with splicers is rather than being based on alien (probably non-human) techno-wizardry (magic) much like bio-wizardry (also magic) the Splicers are just really good genetic engineering. Sort of like a Xiticix Killer except without incorporating aliens.
Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Unread post by Premier »

Axelmania wrote:We know that the CS have a hostility towards humans from other dimensions (even if they can be potentially accepting of them, like the Empire of Humanity from ATB, if they keep their nose down) but if that lessened to some degree (say they were willing to ally with other human supremists from other dimensions) how do you think interaction with Splicers guilds would go?

It would seem to have a lot of problems still to traverse. The ones modified to become MDC for example, are in many ways weirder than Sea Titans. Where Sea Titans are just born that way, you have a mix of people opting to be changed and those who were forced to change due to being slaves.

The CS seems to tolerate a possible alliance with Cordoba in South America in spite of their Anti-Monsters, and those things are pretty weird and ugly. If they can tolerate something made with alien TW from another dimension, Splicers tech seems within the realm of tolerability too, in terms of alliances.

A big problem would be how they're all carriers of the technology virus. I think the CS would get along best with those guys who rewrite the virus to work for them since it wouldn't cause problems.

The others, allies at a distance is about all they could ever be, because they couldn't come close to CS tech without changing it into killer robots.

I could see them interacting using farming communities (metal-free) as a place to speak to each other. The benefit of Splicers to the CS is they have regenerating plant walls (drawing largely on the Gardener OCC, canon in the Rifter, I think 50 or something) which could be placed in front of dimensional portals and stuff, and could heal themselves over time. The CS has to repair everything of theirs which gets damaged so using Splicers as front-line fighters would help them deal with those problems.

I think those Tech guys can also power energy weapons indefinitely (like being connected to a nuclear reactor) so that would also be good for prolonged assaults to lessen E-Clip demands.

Great question Axelmania!!

I'm inclined to lean towards a non-existing alliance between the CS and Splicers, despite the major benefits that they could provide one another.

For One: The Splicers Bio-Technology is founded and derived from unknown, ancient alien technology. Let alone being augmented or fusing with the alien technology via Biotics or even cerebrum-implanted Bio-Coms. Fret to think what the CS would think once they saw how a Saint, Gene Pool, Brain Pool, Engineer or Librarian were created. These horrific transformation processes would send the CS into a panic, like none other. The level of power that Splicers wield, yet not being magically based - making them less detectable than magic wielding adversaries that the CS are more akin to, would give a nasty edge to Splicers.

For Two: The inherited fear of metal that Splicers have would make trusting the CS very difficult. The Splicers Resistance distrust and fears Technojackers even more than they do Scarecrows. To work with a massive army of soldiers clad in metal and using metal weapons would be akin to working with an army of Technojackers who are already at war with fellow humans.

I could see Splicers aligning with Lemurians and Lazlo far easier much to chagrin of the CS. Even roe scary however, is if a large population of Splicers is imported to Rifts Earth and some of them begin to exhibit magical or psionic abilities in conjunction with their Bio-Technology. The CS would be in for a VERY rude awakening indeed.

I'd also be curious to see how the Splugorth would view the Splicers Bio-technology and vice versa of how Splicers would view the Splugorth bio-mancy Technology. Splicers with Splugorth technology is just too wicked to ignore.
Axelmania
Knight

Let's say for the sake of something plausible that the CS are not immediately aware of the existence of scary-looking things like Saints/Pools/Engineers/Librarians...

What if, for example, a random rift opened up and sucked up a dozen Gardeners and maybe a few other warriors with suits, who didn't need those pools and could survive on their metabolic needs?

That's not to say the secret wouldn't get out eventually... the CS might eventually get their psychics to probe the minds of these guys and find out about the SPEL secrets, but not right away.

The tech thing would be a problem and that's why they'd have to work together indirectly, at a distance, perhaps using Technojackers are intermediaries (let's say some came along for the ride) and maybe each seeing a benefit in defending SDC farming communities of humans from demons on either side.

Return to “Rifts®”