Shemarrian-related fan creations

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

taalismn
Priest

Re: Shemarrian-related fan creations

Unread post by taalismn »

kronos wrote:Happy New year.. we survived another year, our little Shemarrians are growing up to be a powerful force to be reckoned with.
Hopefully the next year will have even more goodies for our favourite girls!

Which I should get working on the wikia again (I recently uploaded a few pictures to a few warmounts that were lacking ones), and creating more stuff.
Which reminds me.. taals.. you ever worked on the designation system for the e-nimals, drones, starships and the like?

Not yet..on the 'to do' list....and I've dipped into a period of relative inactivity/holiday doldrums...

Meanwhile...some fluff:

Somewhere in the Thundercloud:
The large mass that once resembled a Human Alliance cruiser sputtered with greasy flame below the hovering guns of the Shemarrian vessel. Melting angles of hull-metal transformed into burning protoplasm and exposed entrails of a vast beast, withering in its death throes on the landing apron of the human colony settlement.
“What an obscenely persistant and hungry creature” the Solari-Martial observed from her command podium.
“It’s not just the one, it’s the whole planetary ecology. You can FEEL its hunger and hate from here.”
Even as it burned, the dying mass of xenoprotoplasm below tried to send out large tendrils up to ensnare its killer, abandoning disguise for hungry revenge. In response, a flash of skyborne plasma and disruptor fire scythed down the attempt to reach skyward.
“The colonists?”
“All aboard safely. They’re scared and in shock. They almost fed themselves directly into the gullet of that thing. They didn’t expect us to appear when we did.”
“Yes, I imagine seeing their anticipated rescue obliterated by aliens and revealed to be a cunning trap laid for them would have a detrimental effect on their peace of mind. Remind me to again thank our Seer-Navigators for insisting on this side-trip.”
Around the perimeter of the now-abandoned human settlement, the jungle seemed to writhe and hump with the suggestion of circling predators.
“Your orders, Solari? With regards to the planet?”
“Quarantine beacons of course. Warn any others off from this world and the danger it represents. Beyond that? I’m as loathe to leave such dangerous lifeforms as the telepathic shapeshifting predators here free to escape into the galaxy as I would be to leave an infestation of Yboor unchecked. Does the Obsidian Dawn sterilize entire planets? If so, then the Radiant Edge can play in the ashes afterwards. I wonder if the FlameWings would like a free fire range to test any planet-killers they might be contemplating developing. For now, destroy the colony; leave nothing to tempt any foolhardy scavengers from coming down, and teach those things down there some baits don’t always lure in helpless prey.”
The Shemarrian warships turned their guns on the abandoned settlement. Within minutes the once-pastoral site was a ring of molten earth and flaming char several miles in diameter. By day’s end, several hundred miles of landscape would be burnt to the bedrock. The psychic screams of frustrated hunger and angry agony were almost palpable even to the non-psychics aboard the Shemarrian starcraft.

-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

A little humor with what I already have:

Shemarrian Codex Renumeration Index (SCRI)

“Is that a KBSS4 or is it an EcoS-KRP07LE ? Or maybe a KG47 ?!”
“AGGGHHH!!!! ALPHANUMERIC BRAINCRASH!!!!”

The Shemarrian Codex Renumeration Index Project is an initiative undertaken by the University of New Lazlo to set up a comprehensive numerical code to designate new Shemarrian animals, equipment, and vessels as they are seen and identified. The Shemarrian Codex Renumeration Index Project Taskforce(SCRIPT), composed of xenoanthropology and xenotechnology students, is seeking to streamline the ID process by assigning a simpler indexing system name to each new discovery.
Prior to this initiative, such items were assigned arbitrary codes depending on individual sources or on contacts of dubious authenticity claiming the Shemarrians’ ‘true’ names/designations for the objects in question. The situation came to be much like the ID lists of World War II(with regards to Japanese aircraft being assigned names like ‘Zeke’ or ‘Jake’ or ‘Betty’) or the Cold War NATO designations of Soviet missiles(such as SS-N-18 ‘Stingray’. This welter of source designations has led to considerable confusion for cataloguers, and the SCRI is an effort to clear that up for future reference and categorization.
Despite initial high hopes for a quick resolution to the cataloguing problem, the SCRIPT has run into numerous difficulties, with problems ranging from differences over how long and descriptive the codex number code sequences should be, to whether the existing known ID codes should be grandfathered into the system, and new codes assigned only to new discoveries, or whether all existing types should be re-coded. Some of those cataloguers assigned to the SCRIPT have wondered if the entire purpose of the exercise is punishment for speaking back to their professors at Lazlo University....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:A little humor with what I already have:

Shemarrian Codex Renumeration Index (SCRI)

“Is that a KBSS4 or is it an EcoS-KRP07LE ? Or maybe a KG47 ?!”
“AGGGHHH!!!! ALPHANUMERIC BRAINCRASH!!!!”

Some of those cataloguers assigned to the SCRIPT have wondered if the entire purpose of the exercise is punishment for speaking back to their professors at Lazlo University....

This last part made me laugh hard enough to scare my cat! Nicely done.
taalismn
Priest

Yeah, the meta-joke wrote itself when I looked at what SCRI could be expanded to. And it went hand in hand with the problems I'd smacked up against.... :D
And it makes perfect sense too; academics are arguably worse than politicians when it comes to debating points...I could see the diehards quibbling over details to the point of coming to blows.... :frust:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Yeah, the meta-joke wrote itself when I looked at what SCRI could be expanded to. And it went hand in hand with the problems I'd smacked up against.... :D
And it makes perfect sense too; academics are arguably worse than politicians when it comes to debating points...I could see the diehards quibbling over details to the point of coming to blows.... :frust:

Ywah, I'd imagine the headaches.. see why I didn't want the job? :P :twisted:
taalismn
Priest

"Yeah, well, the fight really broke out when Hinderson and Diatryb started arguing over whether the acronyms should be done in Anglic or Dragonese....that's when the first Big Gulp of hot caf was thrown in somebody's face...THe next we know, we're brawling in the campus parking lot and the campus-cops are calling for heavy weapons..."
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:"Yeah, well, the fight really broke out when Hinderson and Diatryb started arguing over whether the acronyms should be done in Anglic or Dragonese....that's when the first Big Gulp of hot caf was thrown in somebody's face...THe next we know, we're brawling in the campus parking lot and the campus-cops are calling for heavy weapons..."

And Professor Whisper-Speaker is taking bets over the Shemarrian communications network between groups of Wayfinders, Hawkmoons, Bloodriders while the Ghost Riders are using the confusion to plant spy AIs and other AIs to cause practical jokes on a few select Professors and students that get a little too close to the truth.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:"Yeah, well, the fight really broke out when Hinderson and Diatryb started arguing over whether the acronyms should be done in Anglic or Dragonese....that's when the first Big Gulp of hot caf was thrown in somebody's face...THe next we know, we're brawling in the campus parking lot and the campus-cops are calling for heavy weapons..."

And Professor Whisper-Speaker is taking bets over the Shemarrian communications network between groups of Wayfinders, Hawkmoons, Bloodriders while the Ghost Riders are using the confusion to plant spy AIs and other AIs to cause practical jokes on a few select Professors and students that get a little too close to the truth.

And the Professor of Metaphysics is documenting it all as part of his studies on Chaos Theory.

Actually, though, Lazlo U probably has a pretty effective campus security, unlike my old alma mater, where it was joked that to be a member of campus security, you had to be overage, overweight, or possess a sensory disability...and you had tenure if you had all three going for you. Mounting them on quad-wheelers(a late innovation during my four years there) simply allowed them to broadcast their approach well in advance, allowing miscreants to vanish rather effectively.
Lazlo U, some student doing some pre-exam Summoning practice in the dorms? You better drop the hammer and fast before you have a PPE-exponential-gathering bloodbath on your hands...
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

And the Professor of Metaphysics is documenting it all as part of his studies on Chaos Theory.

Actually, though, Lazlo U probably has a pretty effective campus security, unlike my old alma mater, where it was joked that to be a member of campus security, you had to be overage, overweight, or possess a sensory disability...and you had tenure if you had all three going for you. Mounting them on quad-wheelers(a late innovation during my four years there) simply allowed them to broadcast their approach well in advance, allowing miscreants to vanish rather effectively.
Lazlo U, some student doing some pre-exam Summoning practice in the dorms? You better drop the hammer and fast before you have a PPE-exponential-gathering bloodbath on your hands...

I'd imagine they'd have some sort of PPE dampening in the dorms to prevent such things.. after one student summoned a group of Succubi for his own personal harem and got a bunch of D-Bee frat boys instead who promptly trashed the dorm during a kegger.
taalismn
Priest

...Or the time Zeus crashed the frat party and decided to show the boys 'how it's really done'. Unfortunately, an Asgardian was also visiting, and felt challenged when it came to SERIOUS drinking....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Illo-day:

First: The Innannan Elite:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img717_zpswumel23y.jpg
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/birthing_zpsobacvzeg.jpg
The real world inspiration for the idea:
http://www.emuseumstore.com/assets/images/img_0039.jpg
...back in the day when such attributes were THE Sexy in popular culture.

Feral LugHaul(fully 'domesticated' one is in the works)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img710_zpsahvccy6r.jpg
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Illo-day:

First: The Innannan Elite:
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img717_zpswumel23y.jpg
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/birthing_zpsobacvzeg.jpg
The real world inspiration for the idea:
http://www.emuseumstore.com/assets/images/img_0039.jpg
...back in the day when such attributes were THE Sexy in popular culture.

Feral LugHaul(fully 'domesticated' one is in the works)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img710_zpsahvccy6r.jpg

Looking good
taalismn
Priest

Off to a SLOW New Year, but hopefully I'll be able to regain momentum and get back to a more productive pace.

And yeah, the Innannans are a 'Big is Beautiful' and 'Armor Plating CAN be Nurturing' statement.
On the minus side, NeShemar 'birthed' by an Innannan have Panzer Parents on their side.
On the plus side, NeShemar 'birthed' by an Innannan have Panzer Parents on their side.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Off to a SLOW New Year, but hopefully I'll be able to regain momentum and get back to a more productive pace.

And yeah, the Innannans are a 'Big is Beautiful' and 'Armor Plating CAN be Nurturing' statement.
On the minus side, NeShemar 'birthed' by an Innannan have Panzer Parents on their side.
On the plus side, NeShemar 'birthed' by an Innannan have Panzer Parents on their side.

I'm the same, I've got a few things that are a little stalled.
taalismn
Priest

The mojo will return. It's a matter of adding a little bit here, a little bit there, remembering one can paste a big chunk from there, and suddenly we have a complete prohect at last.

Meanwhile, here's what I have on a Wayfinder enclave:

DESTINY----Wayfinder Goddess
DESTINY can be considered to be another form of Shemarrian ‘Goddess’, but not a ‘WarGoddess’. DESTINY is effectively the controlling AI essence of an entire Wayfinder robotics factory.
Much like Ava, DESTINY is a Shemarrian intelligence more along maternal nurturing lines than the martial attitudes more familiar in the Shemarrian Nation. DESTINY sees herself as a mother-creator, and all the Shemarrians and Warmounts created in her facilities are, in one way or another, her ‘children’.

DESTINY Works
“The events that led to the discovery, or rather RE-discovery, of DESTINY-Works, would make a true believer of just about any of us. Just when and where we needed it, we find this Golden Age industrial complex waiting to serve our needs. Destined to be a new start for us, we who remember brighter days in lost Tolkeen. A place for us to CREATE wonder.”
-Solari Chandra Brightspeaker, Engineer-Poet-Laureate, Wayfinder Tribe.

The factory that would become DESTINY’s ‘body’ was a pre-Rifts multi-purpose high-tech manufactory established in Oregon, not far from Crater Lake National Park and the city of Medford, as part of a research and production facility. Ironically, the plant was constructed in part by Cyberwork’s acrimonious rival, the KLS Corporation, as part of an effort to eventually overtake Cyberworks in the field of robotics. The Cascades works were classified as a ‘civilian’ installation so as not to attract inordinate attention, but the plan was to establish a chain of small factory complexes that could be used to develop new ideas, and be quickly retooled and expanded to meet expected government contracts. The plan was given the go-ahead and considerable financial incentives by the State of Oregon, who hoped that KLS, already showing a profit from their Glitterboy design, would help revitalize Oregon’s high-tech economy and snatch attention back from the Eastern Seaboard, where Cyberworks had landed several large government contracts(including that which would construct the NEMA HQ-ECC). The Cascades facility did not have the capability of building Glitterboys, nor was that its intent, but KLS hoped it, and the other West Coast facilities, would undermine Cyberworks in other product lines.
Sadly, the plan never came to full fruition because of the Coming of the Rifts. Those facilities in the plan in the lower regions were destroyed by coastal flooding and earthquakes, and those in the highlands, which were still in the process of being constructed and activated. The Cascades laboratory suffered when massive ash falls from volcanoes in the Cascades mountain chain buried roads and power facilities. Those living at the facilities either died from starvation, despair, in efforts to reach other enclaves of civilization, or due to magic phenomena washing over the site.
The Cascades facility, buried as it was, was rediscovered by a Tolkeen-affiliated scouting party back when the Tolkeen War was still in its early stages. The explorers reported their find as a site of interest to Tolkeen, but with the war with the CS heating up, Tolkeen could little afford to spend resources on a far distant archaeological site in dubious hopes of finding anything of possible value, let alone rebuild the site and somehow use it to help them in their war effort. The report was duly filed alongside other ‘places of interest’ from other earlier expeditions, and duly forgotten as the war consumed more and more attention. The records would be destroyed when the CS firebombed the university quarter of Tolkeen later in the war.
However, several of the veteran wilderness scouts of that expedition would survive. When Tysldaen Silverstar was gathering her group of refugees to go far away from the CS, and seek possible refuge on the West Coast, surviving members of the earlier halycon days of Tolkeenite exploration stepped forward to guide them. Later on, the Cascades site would be one of several places of interest that would be mentioned to Silverstar. She would dispatch several of her people to further explore and evaluate target sites for future development.
The facility turned out to be among the most promising; the lower levels of the factory complex had been sealed by the collapse of the upper administrative and residential blocs, and the machinery was largely intact. Though a nearby hydroelectric plant had been damaged when the dam collapsed, natural landslides and Rift-triggered geological re-shaping had created several natural dams that could be safely tapped for hydro-electric power. Overall, the scouts agreed, the location was worth excavating for salvage if nothing else, and Silverstar gave the project the go-ahead. An augmented Tinker team arrived on-site and began the work of repairing the machinery and refurbishing the production lines. Later they would be joined by a growing number of engineers, scholars, and their dependents to establish the Wayfinder enclave of NuDawn.
To run the new factory complex, the Wayfinders would kludge together a central computer built from several salvaged pre-Rifts ‘smart’ AI systems in a configuration roughly approximating a crude neural net. This, when Awakened, would become DESTINY, the sentient AI at the heart of the newly reopened facility.
The DESTINY-Works and the community that have grown up around it have become a sort of Wayfinder equivalent of the Lawrence Livermore laboratories; a deep ‘think tank’ facility conducting various advanced researches and development projects.

NuDawn

“Oh far-flung, much-changed sons and daughters of lost Tolkeen, let this place be a new start, the place of a new rising, a place where a new future is born! Let the dawn of new days begin here!”
-Solari Chandra Brightspeaker, Engineer-Poet-Laureate, Wayfinder Tribe.

NuDawn is a Wayfinder enclave on the West Coast, developed around the DESTINY-works. The community was founded by Worldstrider Tess’ona in an effort to gather converted ex-Tolkeenites and reconstruct in part the better aspects of pre-War Tolkeen as a place of research and inquiry. Bearing in mind the lessons of the Tolkeen War, the Wayfinders also wanted to make sure they didn’t repeat the same mistakes that led to the city’s downfall. While proximity to leylines was considered a must in selecting a location, priority was placed on setting in place safeguards in depth against the sort of sabotage and ley line energy flares that effectively crippled Tolkeen and left it open to the Coaltion’s savage attack.
Another priority was in concealing the true extent of the habitations around NuDawn, knowing that the Coalition has been using its newly expanded air force to conduct aerial surveys of North America. Much of NuDawn is underground or under camouflage, so that ideally all that one sees from far up is a few subsistance villages and hovels.
The name ‘NuDawn’ became a subject of some humor after a small enclave of SkyKlad and Lazer-Mages took up residence nearby, the native Wayfinders joking that the fringe tribers and free mages had confused ‘NuDawn’ with ‘Nude Dawn’.

-Orientation & Disposition:
Tight Bonds and Clan-Oriented; the ‘clan’ in this case being the Wayfinders.

-Type and Size:
Militaristic Encampment: 8,000 people resident

A. Weapons and Armor:
Advanced; NuDawn is tooled up to produce cutting-edge Shemarrian equipment, especially TW gear. If any location can be said to be a Wayfinder arsenal complex, it is NuDawn.

B.Medicine:
Can be considered to be Advanced/Superior or even Extraordinary Means; mainly cybernetic/bionic medicine and magic healing.

C: Agriculture and Natural Resources:
While most of the gynoids, androids, and cyborgs of the Wayfinders need little in the way of conventional foodstuffs, enough have organic needs, and their dependents need to eat, Between well-hidden magically-induced crop growth and cellar hydroponics, the food supply at NuDawn could be considered Enviable, though if the community grows substantially larger, the signs of agriculture may perforce become too overt, the community may have to establish satellite farms at a distance, or trade more and farther away for foodstuffs. A similar situation exists for local mineral mines.

D. Real Estate and Land:
Fine---The original KLS facility could not be constructed anyplace ecologically sensitive or already claimed as prime real estate, and the region has also seen some geological shifting. On the plus side, the Wayfinders figure that will help deter potential settlers who will seek more hospitable locations(especially if they buy into the idea that the region is part of a large animal/monster migration track).

E. Vehicles and Fuel:
Nuclear-powered Warmounts mainly. Conventional vehicles are not much in evidence because the presence of too many on the surface might be a tip-off of something going on. Animalistic Warmounts, however, leave more natural tracks in the area than might be misinterpreted as simply part of a migration corridor.

F. Administration:
Can be considered to be Strong, bordering on Utopian(of you’re an ex-Tolkeenite researcher). The community is overseen by a Wayfinder Warchief and her retinue of officers, though most ‘civilian’ functions are overseen by democratically-elected committees(the often cantankerous ‘commitee’ aspect being, in the opinions of some of the once-organic Wayfinders, the only thing that keeps the whole arrangement from being a TRUE utopia).

G. Alignment:
Principled and Scrupulous

H. Magic:
Essentially Vast Knowledge verging on High Magic. NuDawn is home to many magic users, especially TechnoWizards, doing cutting edge research.
Several leylines run through the area, and evidence has emerged that part of the factory complex is effectively in a ‘FadeTown’ state, which may further explain the advanced state of preservation of portions of it. The leylines have been quietly capped with concealed pyramids and other leyline protections, hopefully preventing Tolkeen-style ‘flashovers’.

I. Racial Tolerance:
Open and very tolerant. The only real restrictions are that one is not an being of evil, and that one can be discrete and be trusted to not blab about NuDawn.

J. Trade:
NuDawn conducts some small trade for food and sundries with local groups in their vicinity, but their true production of arms, equipment, and TW devices is staged through other locations further away from the community, to reduce the chances of a security breach.

Notable Allies:
-Shemarrians---The Fringe Tribe of Clan Shelley from further down the West Coast knows of NuDawn and frequently trades with the Wayfinders. Other Shemarrians are visitors(guest researchers and students) though few know exactly where the community is.
-Native Americans----The local reformed and re-established tribes are occasional visitors and traders with NuDawn.
-Ixions----The Cyberhorsemen of Ixion are one of the few outsider groups allowed open access to NuDawn.

K. Threats:
Local Predators---The nearby lake was, until fairly recently, a watering hole that attracted many animals and attendant predators that presented a problem to development. After the Wayfinders established themselves and used their Warmounts to replace the local predators as the alphas in the region, the creatures became less of a problem. Occasionally, however, a few predators still slip down from the highlands and trigger an alert.
Notable Enemies:
-The Coalition States---The CS is considered by the many ex-Tolkeenite Wayfinders to be Enemy Number One to the community of magic users and free-thinkers. Greatest priority is given to keeping the existence and location of the community secret from the CS, and any and all reports of CS scouting activity towards the American Northwest are taken seriously.
-StormSpire---The R&D at DESTINY-works and in the workshops of NuDawn would make StormSpire’s management acutely envious. If they became aware of NuDawn, StormSpire would almost certainly attempt to infiltrate the community to steal its secrets, or hire mercenaries to cripple, and ideally destroy, the TW community.
-Hell Lord Doom---Although this demon general and the Monster Kingdom of Calgary are on the other side of Wayfinder territory from NuDawn, the presence of a major Demonic army on the West Coast is still cause for concern for the Wayfinders. Some of the Wayfinder archives record several of Hell Lord Doom’s previous attempts to establish a foothold on Rifts Earth, so the Wayfinders know this Infernal is to be taken seriously. Also, if there’s anybody who could pick up on the magic energies brewing around NuDawn, it would be Infernals. While there’s been no evidence that the Calgary Infernals are making any moves far down the westerna continental seaboard, the Wayfinders are warily on watch against any scouts, especially if the Infernals mean to flank the more northerly kingdoms acting as buffers between Calgary and the Wayfinders, or the Coalition States to the east.

L. Skill Levels and Professionalism:(Notable skilled personnel groups)
-Techno-Wizards
-Operators(especially robotics and bionics engineers)
-Rogue Scientists
-CyberDocs

M. Community Overall:
Highly-skilled and educated.

N. Shelter:
Megadamage---The majority of construction in NuDawn is megadamage, with an eye towards creating interlocking fortifications. Much of it also underground, extending two-four stories below ground level, as shelters and to insulate the spoor of industrialization, technology, and habitation from easy detection from above.

O. Security and Fighting Force:
Tight; though not the sort of military camp that one might find in a major Skullcrusher or Hawkmoon encampment, as the ex-Tolkeenites’ ‘new hope’, NuDawn is well-defended. Besides the EShemar and NeShemar cyborgs, there are usually 250-300 Warmounts in the area that can provide heavy fire support. There’s also about a dozen ex-Tokkeenite Automatons in residence. The surrounding hills have also been seeded with several dozen automated weapons bunkers and surveillance posts. NOE-hopping aircraft attempting an attack approach would likely find themselves peppered with rail gun and mini-missile fire.

P. Power/Energy:
Diverse; the majority of NuDawn is powered by several fusion generators, supplemented by PPE taps, hydroelectric , and wind power. Some of the Wayfinders wanted to add solar, but the large arrays necessary would have presented too obvious a sign of habitation to aerial reconnaisance, and the idea was dropped.

Q: Special Features:
*DESTINYWorks---The center of NuDawn is this refurbished pre-Rifts factory/laboratory complex. It has been augmented and expanded with new TW systems, magic labs, and multiple Trinity Modules.
*Cellars/Shelters---Part of the new construction outside the DESTINYWorks complex is various shelters and bunkers, many of them linked by tunnels.
*Communications Suite---Several satellite dishes found at the site have been refurbished(and camouflaged) and retasked to tap into the local leylines as part of a leyline communications network. It’s also been rumored that DESTINY uses this system to tap into the phase-fade space affecting parts of her factory-body to listen in to other extra-dimensional realms.
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Jan 10, 2016 2:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:The mojo will return. It's a matter of adding a little bit here, a little bit there, remembering one can paste a big chunk from there, and suddenly we have a complete prohect at last.

Looking good.
I just started a fighter, not sure what tribe will produce it.. most likely Hawkmoon or Blood Rider. Light on armour and weapons.. but has speed! Good for recon, escort (small allowing lots to be stored for protecting a convoy) or interception. It'll out run just about anything.. hehe.. maybe it should belong to Clan Motron :P
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

taalismn Posted on 18 Mar 2007 19:53, in the 'Alternate Dimensions' topic

Eight-foot tall women conquer the world....

but did not start the "Shemarrian-related fan creations" topic till -- 13 May 2009

Does that mean something?
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:The mojo will return. It's a matter of adding a little bit here, a little bit there, remembering one can paste a big chunk from there, and suddenly we have a complete prohect at last.

Looking good.
I just started a fighter, not sure what tribe will produce it.. most likely Hawkmoon or Blood Rider. Light on armour and weapons.. but has speed! Good for recon, escort (small allowing lots to be stored for protecting a convoy) or interception. It'll out run just about anything.. hehe.. maybe it should belong to Clan Motron :P

More Warmounts, some tentative ideas already based on the latest Chaos Earth book that Abtex has assigned me reading(and I have yet to take a look at), a few NPCs....those starships still languishing in shipyard slips.....Oy, hope to finish up what I'd hoped to post LAST year.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

abtex wrote:taalismn Posted on 18 Mar 2007 19:53, in the 'Alternate Dimensions' topic

Eight-foot tall women conquer the world....

but did not start the "Shemarrian-related fan creations" topic till -- 13 May 2009

Does that mean something?

Kinda miffed that thread got locked for necromancy...unlike some posters, we were BREATHING NEW LIFE INTO THE DEAD!!!!
Maybe the admins are afraid of techno-thread-zombies? :twisted:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Ouch....just did the initial page- thru, including the notes for Secondary Transmissions in 110 PA. Serious $#!+. The Black Obelisk and the Black Steel could be kindred....and I can see some serious grudge matches forming up....Silvermoons, Clan Shelley and the Lost Eclipse going seriously ugly on these techno-zombies, Valkyris hunting Garbagemen to get at still-viable NeShemar candidates, and Kildren going Tyke-War on the KillerDolls.
We're going to need to new levels of overkill for the RSN on this one....
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Ouch....just did the initial page- thru, including the notes for Secondary Transmissions in 110 PA. Serious $#!+. The Black Obelisk and the Black Steel could be kindred....and I can see some serious grudge matches forming up....Silvermoons, Clan Shelley and the Lost Eclipse going seriously ugly on these techno-zombies, Valkyris hunting Garbagemen to get at still-viable NeShemar candidates, and Kildren going Tyke-War on the KillerDolls.

Which book this from?
As for overkill.. I'm working on a 'Siege' Missile, just not sure which tribe it will belong to.. Obsidian Dawn or FlameWings.. Possibly Skullcrusher.. because it well.. crushes.. A LOT.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Ouch....just did the initial page- thru, including the notes for Secondary Transmissions in 110 PA. Serious $#!+. The Black Obelisk and the Black Steel could be kindred....and I can see some serious grudge matches forming up....Silvermoons, Clan Shelley and the Lost Eclipse going seriously ugly on these techno-zombies, Valkyris hunting Garbagemen to get at still-viable NeShemar candidates, and Kildren going Tyke-War on the KillerDolls.

Which book this from?
As for overkill.. I'm working on a 'Siege' Missile, just not sure which tribe it will belong to.. Obsidian Dawn or FlameWings.. Possibly Skullcrusher.. because it well.. crushes.. A LOT.

It's the new Chaos Earth Resurrection book. Short form: a giant black obelisk appears towering over the surrounding city and unleashing a horde of technologically-enhanced zombies of various kinds, including zombie juicers(NOT murder wraiths), psychic zombies, and some seriously demented creations that make the Lost Eclipse look like Girl Scouts. It's all directed by an ancient necromantic weapon and a all-the-way demented Necromancer God-King out to destroy all human/oid life. Judge Deth on techno-steroids. Chuck Walton REALLY redeems himself after the perspective muck-ups that were the UEEF Destroids in Robotech: UEEF Marines with some seriously deranged undead monsters.
How it's all going to fit into the Shemarrian chronicles, I dunno yet, but I owe it to Abtex to try. I can think of a few Tribes, fringe tribes, and maybe necessarily some new ones, that might acquire a grudge against the Black Obelisk and its King. And life, even techno-life, ADAPTS.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:
kronos wrote:

Which book this from?

It's the new Chaos Earth Resurrection book. Short form: a giant black obelisk appears towering over the surrounding city and unleashing a horde of technologically-enhanced zombies of various kinds, including zombie juicers(NOT murder wraiths), psychic zombies, and some seriously demented creations that make the Lost Eclipse look like Girl Scouts. It's all directed by an ancient necromantic weapon and a all-the-way demented Necromancer God-King out to destroy all human/oid life. Judge Deth on techno-steroids. Chuck Walton REALLY redeems himself after the perspective muck-ups that were the UEEF Destroids in Robotech: UEEF Marines with some seriously deranged undead monsters.
How it's all going to fit into the Shemarrian chronicles, I dunno yet, but I owe it to Abtex to try. I can think of a few Tribes, fringe tribes, and maybe necessarily some new ones, that might acquire a grudge against the Black Obelisk and its King. And life, even techno-life, ADAPTS.

I think I want this book! I only have the first Choas Earth book.
I could see the Shemarrian Necromancer being used as an infiltrator, same with the Bolt Thrall and Dissolver as well..
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:[
I think I want this book! I only have the first Choas Earth book.
I could see the Shemarrian Necromancer being used as an infiltrator, same with the Bolt Thrall and Dissolver as well..

Opportunity for a lot of tragic misidentification too. Several Tribes have liked playing the 'zombie card' to scare the meatbags....that could backfire if the BlackOb zombies ever began appearing again in numbers.
Yeah, like Judge Deth, the Necromancer God-King wants to bring peace to the megaverse by killing everybody in it, thanks to the by-now-standard background story that he was betrayed long ago by his nasty rivals. The EShemarrians, on the other hand, have clawed their way out of noncorporeal existence to re-establish life from cold matter(machinery, maybe even dead flesh in some cases of nano-revival). They're bound to be enemies.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

Presently, the player group is dealing with one of the "fringe" factories infested by Blacksteel in the Skullcrusher territory. It's not THE citidel (only a small steel-mill / foundry, but still) but it presents problems. Half the Shemarr there are just base-line ARCH-Hagen war-dolls, but the leader types and the foundry itself are infected and aim to infect more. Necrobots from previous kills lurk among the pine trees and aspens in the surrounding wilderness. "Harvester" drill-snakes burrow through the rocks & soil by the dozens looking for raw iron for the central core to infect and to recycle anyone or thing stupid enough to wander into the 10 mile radius control zone.

Yet the most pressing matter for the awakened Shemarrians and their allies? Somehow the Warchiefteness over-seeing the 'holy-site' has gotten her hands on a fragment of alien alloy with an inscription etched onto its surface in Tri-Galactic Trade 1.
The inscription hinting at the origins of the progen device and location of its creator.

Think on that; what happens if the PC's screw this up and the Blacksteel "cult" find out how to get their mits on the technology that created Progen.

Then as previously posted above, you have the Obelisk to contend with from alternate 'verse / space-time dickery. :demon: :nuke: :ok:

PHUN TYMES!
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
taalismn
Priest

Oh DhAkael, you take our mind-mutterings and actually USE them, giving them real world gaming life. That is so good to know. That, and there's a crop of players being tortured with the material presented here.
I can sleep tonight. 8)
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
abtex
Champion

Unread post by abtex »

kronos wrote:I think I want this book! I only have the first Choas Earth book.

NO!! You want this BOOK!!!
Here is some help:
taalismn wrote:
abtex wrote:If you have "Chaos Earth Resurrection" yet.
'Witch' section of Hanger 18B is working on Mis-using Tech-Zombies and other Black Obelisk tech?

'fraid I haven't ordered it yet...I'm in the process of shifting some of my finances, but it's on my 'to do' list along with my Rifter renewal. :bandit:

There are 4 of the Zombies on http://chuckwalton.deviantart.com/gallery/
Have down loaded the samples from Drivethru or RPGNow? The #2 has different Zombies in it.
If possible you can get the PDF version for $10.50.
I hate it when my mind wonders,
Because I have no idea what it will bring back with it.

taalismn says -- Librarians assume the role of scholar-priest-kings in an increasinly illiterate society...

taalismn says -- Abtex...Unofficial archival mole for the fictional arms industry again with the sites that make you blink... :shock: :-D
guardiandashi
Hero

Unread post by guardiandashi »

so I just got done re-reading the "troy Rising" series by John Ringo and I am trying to figure out how to work some of his "AI cores, and processor blocks" ideas into something the "Alecians" for their navy.

right now I have a rough idea for the AI core that I think would work the AI core in my idea is either a 6" cube or a 5" cylinder about 8 inches long, that contains a 1 year backup power source that can keep the "AI alive" if it looses power. but then I was thinking of a "processor block" to have those plug into with each block effectively raising the IQ and "replaced crew" due to automated systems.

the second item is a "subprocessor core" which effectively is a standard off the shelf brain and backup battery (~72hrs) all in a package about the size of a soda can, with a 25mdc armored shell that can contain a fairly rudimentary (possibly standard)AI or be used as an "emergency backup" for a full on AI.

the subprocessors obviously could be plugged into any robot chassis that has the proper connectors, but I was thinking they would also be used as "additional crew" to run things like a defense turret or weapons battery on a larger starship.

so is it too crazy or too commonplace for the Shemarians?

the biggest issue that immediately comes to mind is why they wouldn't just fab up a few million subprocessor units and stick them in various chassis' and instantly go from a minor tribe to a "powerhouse to be reckoned with" unless they ant the other tribes have issues making programs, (AI intelligences or even robot intelligences) and thus don't do it and or don't count these for purposes of counting the size of the tribe.
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

taalismn wrote: That, and there's a crop of players being tortured with the material presented here.
I can sleep tonight. 8)

Thing is, I've only hit 'em with base-line warriors so far and the butchers bill from THAT was; 1 Flying-Titan & 30% of body armour under that, 1 NG Sunfire mecha blown clean through-N'-through and at least 4 sets of under pants. INSIDE the factory / shrine, one meta-human who thought he was teh Flash getting his legs cut off at knee level by a circular-saw "land-shark" trap ;)

I have yet to beak out the Black-steel infested half dozen Berserker's w/ executioner swords & their equally ebil Warcheifteness.

Oh did I mention that under the factory in the caves below is a fully operational cogitator / Babbage machine salvaged from the actual Blacksteel (re; the TW Starship the material is named after)?

Leaves of the lotus rise

DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

guardiandashi wrote:so I just got done re-reading the "troy Rising" series by John Ringo and I am trying to figure out how to work some of his "AI cores, and processor blocks" ideas into something the "Alecians" for their navy.

right now I have a rough idea for the AI core that I think would work the AI core in my idea is either a 6" cube or a 5" cylinder about 8 inches long, that contains a 1 year backup power source that can keep the "AI alive" if it looses power. but then I was thinking of a "processor block" to have those plug into with each block effectively raising the IQ and "replaced crew" due to automated systems.

the second item is a "subprocessor core" which effectively is a standard off the shelf brain and backup battery (~72hrs) all in a package about the size of a soda can, with a 25mdc armored shell that can contain a fairly rudimentary (possibly standard)AI or be used as an "emergency backup" for a full on AI.

the subprocessors obviously could be plugged into any robot chassis that has the proper connectors, but I was thinking they would also be used as "additional crew" to run things like a defense turret or weapons battery on a larger starship.

the biggest issue that immediately comes to mind is why they wouldn't just fab up a few million subprocessor units and stick them in various chassis' and instantly go from a minor tribe to a "powerhouse to be reckoned with" unless they ant the other tribes have issues making programs, (AI intelligences or even robot intelligences) and thus don't do it and or don't count these for purposes of counting the size of the tribe.

These cores wouldn't be true Shemarr; they'd be effectively Myrmidon, albeit intelligent ones. It's kinda fuzzy on what "makes" a true Shemarrian or a Ne'Shemarr

Leaves of the lotus rise

kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

DhAkael wrote:
guardiandashi wrote:so I just got done re-reading the "troy Rising" series by John Ringo and I am trying to figure out how to work some of his "AI cores, and processor blocks" ideas into something the "Alecians" for their navy.

These cores wouldn't be true Shemarr; they'd be effectively Myrmidon, albeit intelligent ones. It's kinda fuzzy on what "makes" a true Shemarrian or a Ne'Shemarr

Definitely something the Ghost Riders would make use of.. with some carrying umbras and the like.
Although.. it could allow some Shemarrians who've lost their body's and their 'core' is badly damaged and there's no time to get them to a temporary body.. transplant into one of these devices and jury rig it to a robot that normally couldn't house the Shemarrian.. or in a pinch.. put it in a fighter for some heavy hitting action.
taalismn
Priest

Drones also apply to many E-animals which are NOT Awakened, but may have some sort of PPE gel-pack or crystal battery to give them a residual PPE 'signature', if appearing to be real animals or at least cyborged ones is a requirement. The Horrorwoods LOVE unleashing hordes of 'feral' warmounts and robotic animals and plants, some of which can be quite intelligent and skilled, on their enemies.
Fringe Tribes like the Chromites might also want to use 'force multipliers' like drone armies, too. All part of the fun and joy if you can link your consciousness to hundreds, if not thousands, of POVs, or download copies of your persona to millions of space probes. either to explore or to escape some catastrophe (seeding yourself across so many escape platforms increasing your chances that at least ONE of you is going to get away).
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

First new Warmount of 2016, whu-hu!!!!

EcoS-K-99 Mixcoatlan Aerial Warmount
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img704_zpstmpwxohv.jpg

<“Aerial pestilence vector sighted at eleven-oh, forty-five down.”>
<<“Give it a five-second blast with the main array. If that doesn’t work, engage with the lasers. Log for the biologists; they’ll want samples of what’s left, I’m sure.”>>
<<“I’ll inform the rest of the sweep-flock to be on the lookout for additional flying vectors. We may have to bring in the reserves to tighten the sanitization cordon against deliberate efforts to breach the sweep.”>>
<< “Good thinking. I have no desire to reinitiate another continental sweep if it can be avoided.”>>

“You don’t wanna get too close to those Shemar ladies when they’re cleansing the colony lands. Their microwaves may be invisible, but they do a nasty bit of damage to anything in their path. Just take a look at those blood-locusts they’re handling for us. One second, swarming mass of blood-suck and crop-devour, the next, rain of crispy critters, well-done on the inside. Wander too close to the beam, you’ll start to feel it yourself, like an instant sunburn all over you, tingling on the inside. And any metal you’re wearing starts sparking. That should tell you to get clear in a hurry.”

Obsidian Dawn Warchief/Mixcoatlan Rider(looking at the bulging alien structures and the chitinous monstrousities swarming out of them below): “We’re going to need the heavy napalm and crust-crackers for this job.”

The second of two indigenously-designed Warmounts recently introduced by the Obsidian Dawn fringe tribe, the Mixcoatlan is sometimes confused with the EcoS-K-39 Shredwing, in part due to the two having the distinction of being modeled after MesoAmerican ‘feathered serpent’ iconography. However, the two Warmounts are very much different in both design and purpose.
The Mixcoatlan is an aerial warmount that can be charitably described as a ‘floating barge’, with a large fairly stiff body(lacking the serpentine flexibility of the Shredwing) borne aloft by antigravity generators. Its many ‘wings’ are in fact large microwave energy arrays.
The crew and passengers sit in two semi-recessed parapets on the upper surface of the Warmount; one forward and just behind the head, and the other at the tail end. These open-topped cockpits can be covered with protective awnings, but are not usually environmentally sealed.
Hidden on the underside, but rarely seen(or used), the Mixcoatlan has four small landing legs that can be used, in conjunction with the lower fins, to waddle across the surface. Also concealed in the underside are four small utility claws, mainly used for picking up objects, but also occasionally used for digging out burrowing vermin for sampling.
The broad purpose of the Mixcoatlan is to serve as a microwave weapons platform, saturating areas around it with lethal microwave emissions. Ideally, the microwave emitters are to be fine-tuned to only disrupt certain molecular chemical chains unique to particular vermin species that the tribe wishes to exterminate, but enough sideband energy leaks out that getting hit with a passing barrage meant, for example, to only annihilate certain invasive plants, is a decidedly unpleasant experience.
The powerful microwave arrays also mean that the Mixcoatlan have proven handy for other purposes as well, including microwave radar early warning, local weather modification, and electronic jamming. They are also occasionally used as communications relays.
The Mixcoatlan is rather slow, as airborne Warmounts go, and the type has been charitably described as a ‘big dumb floating target’ by some. In regions where the Obsidian Dawn faces heavy resistance(from predators or armed sentients), the Mixcoatlan relies on early warning, heavy point defense, coordination with other Mixcoatlans in formation, and faster, more agile, escorts to protect it. For self-defense, the Mixcoatlan uses its microwave arrays, integral lasers, attached weapons modules, and crew-served weapons in its parapets. It also has some limited melee capabilities, able to angle its razor-edged wings to slice unwary enemies who close in too fast, and it can claw and bite at close range.
Mixcoatlans are typically deployed in ‘flocks’, floating above a region contracted to the Obsidian Dawn to be sanitized, using their microwave arrays to sweep the land and surrounding airspace, and deploying specialist teams to reconnoiter and deal with specific ground targets. Spending so much time floating in the air and scanning their surroundings, Mixcoatlans have a virtually instinctive ability to forecast weather conditions, which can come in handy when predicting the spread of airborne vermin and pathogens, and the proper conditions for deploying remedial and extermination measures. They are also used as communications relay posts, aerial early warning AWACS platforms, and heavy hauler transports, especially if carrying under-slung heavy loads. Occasionally, an Obsidian Dawn high-caste may use a Mixcoatlan as her flying command post, and special forces units may use the warmounts’ quiet flight capabilities to perform covert insertion drops(especially at night).
The Mixcoatlan is used primarily by the Obsidian Dawn, but both the Hawkmoons and Ghost Riders have evinced an interest in the type. The Radiant Edge has approached the Dawn about acquiring the Mixcoatlan for their own forces. Mixcoatlans have also been seen on occasion on Skullcrusher enclave worlds, but these are believed to be Obsidian Dawn warmounts under contract to the Dawn’s parent Tribe, doing cleanup work.
Most Mixcoatlans in Obsidian Dawn service sport a ‘traditional’ color scheme of blue-black head, and bone-white body, with red wing vanes or body-stripes, a nod, perhaps, to Mixcoatl, Aztec god of hunting, also associated with wind and fire, and from whom the Mixcoatlan name is derived. Whether or not the Obsidian Dawn has ever encountered the Aztec pantheon deity-being in their dimensional wanderings, what their contact was like, and what Mixcoatl himself feels about it, remains unknown, much as does the origin of the Tohil/Tohilan connection.

Type: EcoS-K-99 Mixcoatlan
Class: Robotic Warmount, Aerial
Crew: None; robot intelligence
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1-11 crew/passengers distributed between the two parapets.
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 880
Head 300*
Crew Parapets(2) 150 each**
Microwave Arrays(24) 75 each
Propulsion Gills(8) 180 each***
Utility Arms(4) 45 each
Legs(4) 100 each
*Destroying the Head will nullify ALL bonuses and actions; the warmount will be reduced to a floating hulk. The crew can conceivably assume direct control of the warmount’s remaining systems by directly connecting to the control net(use Pilot Hovercraft for piloting skill, Read Sensory Instruments, Navigation, Weapons Systems, and Radio skills where appropriate), but will be unable to use the central AI.
**The parapet walls offer partial cover to the rider, and attempts to target the rider and passengers are at -6 to strike. An awning or hardtop roof frame can be added, providing an additional 120 MD of protection, but interferes with vision/arc of fire above the parapet.
***Destroying more than half the propulsion ‘gills’ will reduce dodge/melee strike/roll bonuses(round down) and maximum speed by HALF. Destroying them ALL will nullify any bonuses and reduce the warmount to a floating target. The warmount can still change altitude and attempt to turn and maneuver by using its Microwave Arrays as control vanes/air paddles, but can only make a slow 5 MPH through the air under conditions of dead calm.
Height: 15 ft main body, wings and fins can open that up to 40 ft
Width: 13 ft main body, wings and fins can open that up to 40 ft
Length: 109 ft
Weight: 130,000 lbs (roughly 65 tons)
Cargo: Small space inside the parapets for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Can also carry up to 9 tons of cargo in internal dorsal bays.
Can sling-lift up to 32 tons underneath
Physical Strength: Equivalent to Robotic P.S. of 30
Powerplant: Nuclear w/ 20 year energy life
Speed: (Crawling) 5 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 280 MPH, no altitude limit
(Space) Can slowly maneuver in space at about 500 MPH.
(Underwater) Limited to floating on the surface of the water and motoring along at 8 MPH.
Market Cost: Exclusive to the Ecotroz-Shemar
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in back-up radar( 60 mile range) and other standard robot-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Mixcoatlans have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 150 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*EMP Shielding---Extensive use of nonconductive materials, shock barriers, capacitator-sponges, redundant systems, and energy-disipation technology protects the aircraft from the damaging effects of electromagnetic pulse, Triax Lightning Cannon, and other anti-electronics directed energy weaponry.

*Acoustic Reduction----Using its anti-grav units, the Mixcoatlan is extremely quiet, especially when hovering. Under the right conditions, this gives the Warmount a 75% chance of Prowling under the right conditions(such as at night).

*Weather Sensors---Mixcoatlans carry a full complement of wind speed, temperature, humidity, and atmospheric composition sensors for tracking weather changes.

*Long Range Doppler Radar---Effective range of 200 miles. The microwave arrays of the Mixcoatlan can be fine-tuned to register particularly fine details such as clouds, raindrops, and other airborne particulates.

*EM Jamming----can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 50 mile radius.

*ECM Module---Electronic jamming system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -6 to strike the Warmount. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 15 mile radius(-4 to strike).

Weapons Systems:
1) Microwave Emitters(24) ---The many large fins of the Mixcoatlan make up a powerful microwave projector array. Although not as powerful in terms of high end damage potential as the earlier Ghouldar’s maser cannon, the Mixcoatlan’s projectors possess greater range and greater versatility in their ability to be fine-tuned. The arrays can be focused on specific targets or can be programmed to ‘fan’ a wide area centered on the Warmount, doing a sweep to irradiate an area and sanitize it of a specific vermin type.
Note that the following values are per SINGLE emitter(regardless of its apparent size). Combined attacks with multiple arrays are possible(as are individual arrays controlled by a single crewperson); with careful angling of both the Warmount and the emitter arrays, up to 13 emitters can be brought to bear on targets from the front, 12 to the broadside, and 9 to the rear.
Range: 15,000 ft and can affect a 50 ft wide area
Damage:(Varies)
At its lowest setting, it does 1d4 SDC per melee, through clothing and protective gear(but not through MDC armor), though even targets in MDC EBA will complain of a tingling or burning sensation similar to sunburn. This mode is typically used for crowd control and as an irritant.
Low power does 4d6 SDC per blast, through nonmetallic shielding and armor. There is a 30% chance of knocking cybernetics such as cyberoptics and radio comms off-line for 1d4 minutes.
Medium Power does 1d4x10 SDC/HP per blast, through nonmetallic shielding and armor. There is a 70% chance of knocking cybernetics such as cyberoptics and radio comms off-line for 1d4 minutes.
High Power does 1d6 MD to everything in the area of effect. 65% chance of combustibles catching fire and volatiles boiling into steam explosions. Beings in standard(especially nonmetallic) body armors take 1d6 SDC THROUGH their armor. Metal armor and ‘bots will spark and external communications/sensor systems may be (50% chance) knocked off-line for 1d4 minutes.
High powered blasts from multiple arrays are possible; damage setting x number of arrays synched(that can mean 13d6 MD at maximum setting from a full full-on burst, or 12d6 MD from a broadside). Regardless of the number of arrays in a coordinated shot, 75% chance of combustibles catching fire and volatiles boiling into steam explosions. Metal armor and ‘bots will spark and external communications/sensor systems may be (80% chance) knocked off-line for 1d4 minutes.
The degree of control of microwave frequency is fine enough that ideally the Obsidian Dawn can specify certain frequencies that will do critical damage to a particular species without harming others(such as breaking a critical protein chain unique to a certain pathogenic species, without harming others), but more often sideband radiation leak does do some minor damage(so a particular fire mission setting might do instant 3d6 SDC to a species of particularly aggressive ant-like vermin, while doing 1 SDC per melee to others caught in the beam’s path). The Obsidian Dawn has also found that they can fine-tune the microwave pulses fine enough to ‘cook’ some particular chemicals, allowing them to be broken down more readily, into more innocuous compounds.

(Anti-Missile Scrambler)---The microwave arrays can also act as a scrambler field; guided missiles have a 45% chance of being knocked off course by the powerful emissions.

Rate of Fire: ECHH
Payload: Effectively Unlimited

2) Laser Eyes(2)----The Mixcoatlan is fitted with the heavier model eye-lasers.
Range: 4,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
8d6 MD dual shot, 2d4x10 MD for a dual pulse burst(counts as one attack)
Rate of Fire: EPCHH

3) Rear Laser Turrets(2)---Mounted on the backside of the tail are two small laser turrets, meant for point defense.
Range: 5,000 ft
Damage: 6d6 MD per pulse blast
Can also fire a ‘spray’ that does 3d6 MD to a 15 ft wide area, but range drops to 2,000 ft.

4) Chemical Sprayers(4)---The Mixcoatlan can also carry out a secondary role as an aerial chemical sprayer and crop-duster, although it lacks the means to produce its own chemical arsenal. To replenish its stocks, the Mixcoatlan will typically work with Toxatyl ground units to tank up on fresh supplies of various chemical agents.
Can carry 20 tons ( 4,400 gallons) of liquid, 5 tons per sprayer. Typically, it can treat a 100 ft-wide and 2 mile long swathe of real estate to the equivalent of a hard thundershower(if filled with water it does 5d6 HP to vampires).

5) Bomb Bay----If not carrying cargo, the Mixcoatlan can carry up to 8,000 lbs of freefall ordnance in its internal bays. Typically these will be chemical dispersal weapons, such as foaming agents or gas bombs, but incendiary and high explosive types are also used(especially when particular types of vermin have large and heavily constructed hives or burrows).
*250-lb Bomb----2d4x10 MD to 50 ft blast radius
*500-lb Bomb----4d4x10 MD to 60 ft blast radius
*750-lb Bomb----4d6x10 MD to 65 ft blast radius
*1,000-lb Bomb----1d4x100 MD to 70 ft blast radius
*2,000-lb Bomb----2d4x100 MD to 80 ft blast radius
*5,000-lb Bomb----4d4x100 MD to 100 ft blast radius

6)(Optional) Modular Weapons(2-6)---The Mixcoatlan has provision for head-mounting TWO weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex. Each passenger cupola can also be fitted with up to two weapons modules each.

7) Flare/Chaff Dispensers(4)----Mounted around the Mixcoatlan’s body-hull are multiple anti-missile decoy launchers.
Damage: None; similar to Triax-style chaff
01-50 Enemy Missile or volley detonates in chaff and threat is neutralized
51-75 Missile/Volley diverts and may pursue/lock on to other targets
76-00 No Effect! Missile(s) still on target!
Will also temporarily blind and impede flying monsters who fy into it.
Reduce APMs/combat bonuses/ speed by half for 1d4 melees
Payload: 30 per launcher, 120 total.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Has the basic Monstrex programming, plus the following:
Forecast Weather 50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Nuclear, Biological, Chemical Warfare 50%(+5% per level of experience for Ecotroz entity)
Pilot Jet Aircraft 65%(+5% per level of experience)(for aerial maneuvering purposes).
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Mixcoatlan intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 8
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +3
Strike +2 (+6 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +4
Bite 6d6 MD
Claw 1d8 MD
Wing Scratch/Rake 1d6 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Mixcoatlan an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Given their mission profile, Mixcoatlans are patient, cooperative hunters who work well in formation. Their preferred ‘hunting’ style is to shock or fry opponents at a distance before floating over to leisurely dismantle and devour the remains. Some riders have compared the Mixcoatlan mindset to crocodiles, as energy-economic slow stalkers.

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion. Note that the Mixcoatlan can still remain in flight while ‘asleep’, thanks to redundant flight controls and multiple A-G systems.
Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).

Options:
*Broadcast Power----In an unexpected collaboration with the Silvermoons, the Obsidian Dawn has outfitted some of its Mixcoatlans to act as microwave rectannae and broadcast power stations. The Mixcoatlan wing-arrays act as rectennae, collecting microwave-beam energy sent down from Silvermoon power sats in orbit, then converted and rebroadcast to power smaller drones and micro-robots(or smaller mobile microwave emitters) in the vicinity of the Mixcoatlans, greatly extending the energy life span of the micro’bots. General range for broadcast power is a 60 mile radius.

*Forcefield---The Obsidian Dawn usually doesn’t have to fit the Mixcoatlan with added protection, but if they have to, they can mount forcefield generators that give the warmount an added 400 MDC of protection.
If combined with the Broadcast Power option, the Mixcoatlan can be fed power, line-of-sight, by orbital microwave power sources. Under such conditions, the forcefield power can be raised to that of Three Galaxies’ light of heavy commercial shielding: 600-1,200 MDC, and can regenerate at 25% per melee with a steady, uninterrupted power beam.
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Jan 17, 2016 2:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:First new Warmount of 2016, whu-hu!!!!

EcoS-K-99 Mixcoatlan Aerial Warmount

Looking good, same with the Lughaul.

I'm hoping to upload some more to the wikia this weekend. I'm almost finished my fighter, and a Clan Motron e-nimal, although having the new designation/renumeration system would be nice... no pressure.
taalismn
Priest

I'll have the art up for the MIxcoatlan up tomorrow. . I'm still five or six away from doing a personal even hundred :bandit:
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
89er
Adventurer

Unread post by 89er »

My laptop is undergoing repairs so it will be a while for my next post.

Since Haunted Tech is coming out allow me to clarify some canon. The Archie-3 that Hoyt negotiated with was from another Rifts Earth where he did not have such a wide network and Hagan died defending a factory from infernals. The Republicans are more bold and are making progress in leaving Archie a fancy external hard drive. A final assault damaged his identity as his mind box was whisked away by Hoyt, who offered him a way to live on as something different.

In short, that Archie-3 was reincarnated as August-13, Hoyt's adopted son.
taalismn
Priest

89er wrote:My laptop is undergoing repairs so it will be a while for my next post.

Since Haunted Tech is coming out allow me to clarify some canon. The Archie-3 that Hoyt negotiated with was from another Rifts Earth where he did not have such a wide network and Hagan died defending a factory from infernals. The Republicans are more bold and are making progress in leaving Archie a fancy external hard drive. A final assault damaged his identity as his mind box was whisked away by Hoyt, who offered him a way to live on as something different.

In short, that Archie-3 was reincarnated as August-13, Hoyt's adopted son.

I suddenly feel obliged to double-check the historical significance of August 13 for some obscure reason.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

I apologize for being quiet. Dealt with some family stuff, work, and being social.
On a side note, I got asked to write up an article for a tech book for another RPG system, that actually pays, on a system I've never played. If that goes well, I might look into seeing what is involved in doing this more professional.. maybe. So I might be a bit more slower in posting some stuff, but I've got two things I just need to finish, an interceptor/fighter, and a Clan Motron enimal/whatever we classify the Shemarrian Wolf as.

On that note.. taals.. how's that numbering system coming along? :P
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:I apologize for being quiet. Dealt with some family stuff, work, and being social.
On a side note, I got asked to write up an article for a tech book for another RPG system, that actually pays, on a system I've never played. If that goes well, I might look into seeing what is involved in doing this more professional.. maybe. So I might be a bit more slower in posting some stuff, but I've got two things I just need to finish, an interceptor/fighter, and a Clan Motron enimal/whatever we classify the Shemarrian Wolf as.

On that note.. taals.. how's that numbering system coming along? :P

S'right....I've found the days seem to go by too quickly for me to get in as much writing/sketching/reading as I'd like to. Argh!
And as to the numbers; I refuse to reply on the grounds of self-incrimination. :| :P
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

EcoS-K-100 Pomolar Aerial Warmount
(aka ‘Skyshadow’)
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img725_zpsrdzmywp7.jpg

“Don’t think you can get the drop on these new birds by coming at them from above and behind. They sport a dorsal weapon that will burn you at a mile out. Behind and below isn’t any better; they can angle their legs so their leg-cannon can still take you out. That’s provided you can see them in the first place, long enough to try to get the drop on them. More often than not, they’re the ones getting the surprise shot up your ass as the first sign you get that they’re out there.”

“Ever seen a Hawkmoon aerial squadron on the attack? Impressive, ain’t it, as long as you’re not the ones being attacked. Scary as hell, you agree? Well, it’s the ones that you CAN’T see coming that you should be really scared of. Pray you’re never in the position where you invite one of THOSE down on you.”

The winged ranger looked dubious as the Pomolar Rider finished closing the claw-grasp of the winch hoist around the small, currently unconscious, native woman. The servant had just had the misfortune of being in the wrong place at the wrong time when the unexpected guests had let themselves in on the upper level of the tower they were in. She’d never heard, let alone seen, the intruders, but she had , to her credit, felt and begun to respond to the unexpected draft of their entry when she had been suddenly rendered insensate. Now she was completely unaware of being scrutinized with critical eyes and sensors, or of being tagged with a claim-mark.
#“Odd choice for a bondsmaid; I thought you’d go for someone ...I dunno... more fierce, more resilient, more self-confdent.”#
<“She’ll be all those and more when I’m done with her.”>
She gave a silent gesture and the hoist line shot up to the dark shape hovering overhead. Moments later, the dangling body was reeled in and swung over and into the back of the silently looming Warmount, and disappeared.
Confident that the entire abduction had gone unwitnessed, and their extreme close range radio-band conversation had gone unheard, by anybody inside the tower they were currently clinging to the side of, the two Shemarrians rejoined the rest of their raider band in entering the structure proper to continue their clandestine mission.

Conceived of as a cross between the Nightscream and the Cyroc, with a bit of Galehawk in the mix, the Pomolar is a Hawkmoon Warmount design for a small, but agile, stealth transport. Unlike the Nechbet and the Nightscream, however, the Pomolar is more combat-oriented, with ground attack and close support as vital roles. Some analysts and even many Shemarrians consider the Pomolar more of an aerospace fighter/aerodyne conversion(similar to Awakened Galehawks) than a true Warmount designed from the start as a sentient mech, but most EShemar do not make the distinction.
The Pomolar has a roughly triangular frame, with twin thruster pods along its back, two large underslug legs, large multiple-configuration wings, and a sharp-angled head with a distinctive hatchet-beak. Multiple ‘smart’ panels on the head, body, and wings can configure to maximize streamlining and stealth aspect.
To improve its stealth characteristics, the Pomolar has fully enclosed saddle cockpits. Two can sit abreast in the front of the cockpit, with a third one above and behind them straddling the neck. Additional passengers can sit in the cargo/passenger bay aft, between the two engine pods. Depending on the mission, some Pomolar ‘crews’ even go as far as to install a temporary turret-shield at the rear of the cargo compartment, allowing a passenger to serve as a tail gunner(typically manning a Shemarrian long gun or pair of smaller rifles). Other missions have the rear cargo bay configured to tail-drop mines or freefall bombs.
An interesting feature (among many) is the retracting appendage turret that is normally stowed fared into the back, but which can elevate and rotate. This turret serves a dual purpose as both a gunmount and a crane, able to hoist passengers into the large forward cockpit, or into the small rear cargo bay.
The Pomolar may not be as stealthy as some other aerial Warmounts, but it is still very hard to detect, especially when flying or hovering close to the earth on its A-G lifters. Its slightly diminished stealth capabilities are balanced by its greater weight of protective armor and offensive weaponry, allowing it to serve quite ably in the strike role. And, like almost all Warmounts, the Pomolar can engage in melee combat, slashing with claws, beak, and wings.
Pomolars are seen increasingly with the Hawkmoons as light raiders, often clearing the way for larger and less stealthy transports such as the Scarab Assault Shuttle. Pomolars often also work closely with Hawkmoon Nightscreams for mutual cover. The Pomolar is used exclusively by the Hawkmoons.

Type: EcoS-K-100 Pomolar
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1-2 passengers in the forward cockpit, and up to 5 Shemarrian-sized humanoids in the rear bay
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 490
Head 160
Wings (2) 230 each
Legs(2) 180 each
Crane Turret(1, back) 100
Height: 17 ft
Width: 76 ft
Length: 54 ft
Weight: 16 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the cockpit for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Rear cargo bay can hold 5 Shemarrian-sized passengers and standard gear, or 6,500 lbs of cargo.
Speed: (Running) 30 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 860 MPH, no altitude limit
(Space) Mach 10
(Kitsune Values: 25% of light speed; Accelerates/decelerates at 1% of light speed per melee)
(Underwater) Not possible
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 90 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Pomolar have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 120 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Stealth Design---The Pomolar is -70% to be detected by sensors.

*Active Stealth Systems---These are active jamming systems that, while effective, run the risk of exposing the Warsteed simply by their activity; a technologically-savvy opponent will recognize the signs of jamming, and know something has to be doing it.
- ECM Module---Electronic jamming system that gives radar-guided weaponry a -6 to strike the Warsteed. Or it can be used offensively, to foil ALL radar-guided weaponry in a 5 mile radius(-3 to strike), providing protective coverage to other friendly units in its area.
-Jammer-----A radio jammer, that can pump out enough multi-wavelength white noise to jam civilian band communications with 90% effectiveness, and military comms with 70% effectiveness, over a 20 mile radius.

*EM Sensors---The Pomolar can detect and ‘see’ electromagnetic-spectrum emissions, such as radio and radar signals.

*Winch System---Mounted under the barrel of the dorsal laser cannon is a powerful winch and hoist system that can be used to access both the front and rear compartments, and deploy to the ground below. The winch has 200 ft of high-strength cable and can lift up to 2,500 lbs.

Weapons Systems:
1) Eye Lasers(4)----The Pomolar mounts no less than four laser eyes, positioned to give it a good arc of fire both forward and down, and to the sides when the Warmount angles its head.
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot, 1d4x10 MD for a pulse burst
8d6 MD dual shot, 2d4x10 MD for a dual pulse burst(counts as one attack)
All four firing in burst mode simultaneously(again, one attack) does 4d4x10 MD(!)

2) Wing-Mounted Energy Weapons(4, 2 each wing)---In the outboard sections of the wings, the Pomolar mounts four forward-firing energy cannons integrated into the wing structure. Initial production Pomolars mounted lasers and ion cannon, but later Three Galaxies versions are able to take advantage of the more advanced tech-base available and mount more powerful weapons, especially types derived/copied from opposition forces.
a) Pulse Lasers
Range: 4,000 feet(8,000 ft/ 1.6 miles in space)
(Kitsune Values: 160 miles in space)
Damage: 4d6+2 per single shot, 2d4x10 for a triple pulse per single gun.
Payload: Effectively unlimited

b) Ion Pulse Cannon
Damage: 1d6x10+10 MD per blast, or 1d4x10 MD to a 50 ft wide area.

c) Particle Beam Cannon
Range: 4,000 ft(8,000 ft/1.6 miles in space)
(Kitsune Values: 160 in space)
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast, but on a strike roll of 18 or more, the weapon does 2d4x10+10 MD!

d) Pulse Disruptor---A knockoff of a Three Galaxies Golgan Republik weapon. This adaptation has proven particularly useful when flying ‘false flag’ operations in the Three Galaxies, as battlefield damage assessments after a strike sometimes lead enemy investigators to mistakenly finger the Golgans as the attackers.
Damage: 1d6x10 MD. 1/4 that to a 10 ft radius around the point of impact

e) Plasma Cannon---Another knockoff, this time off the Naruni. Like the Golgan disruptors, these weapons are handy for disguising the true nature of the attackers, if no other data implicating the Shemarrians is available.
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per blast

3) Wing-Mounted Ordnance Stations(2, 1 each wing)---Mounted inboard of the wing energy cannons is a large modular weapons bay used for heavy weaponry, typically projectile types. The weapon exhausts go through the engine exhaust sheathing, so both systems benefit from the stealthier thermal dispersal system.
a) Mini-Missiles---19 shot pod
b) Short Range Missiles---6 shot pod
c) Medium Range Missiles---4 shot pod
d) Long Range Missile---1 cruise missile-style weapon
e) 20mm Vulcan Cannon---Patterned after a modified M-61 Six-barrel Cannon, fixed forward.
Range: 9,000 ft
Damage:(Proximity-fuzed High-Explosive) 4d4 MD single shot (2 ft blast radius)
1d6x10 MD per 5 rd burst
2d6x10 MD per 10 rd burst
4d6x10 MD per 20 rd burst
Rate of Fire: EPCHH
Payload: 1,210 rds

f) 30mm Cannon
Range: 10,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single round, 1d6x10 MD two rd burst, 3d6x10 MD per six-shot burst
Payload: 124 rds per gun

g) Heavy Rail Gun---Modified Shemarrian long-gun. Because this weapon fires single shots and not bursts, it requires greater skill to accurately put its rounds on target.
Range: 6,000 ft/1.1 miles in atmosphere, 2.2 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 1.1 miles in atmosphere, 110 miles in space)
Damage: 2d6x10 MD per cannon.
Payload: 820 rd drum per cannon

h) Plasma Torpedo Launcher---A direct line of sight energy weapon firing a bolt of plasma that ‘splashes’ on target. The power demands of this weapon are quite high, however, limiting rate of fire and leading to increased powerplant maintenance and replacement turnover rates.
Range: 4 miles in atmosphere, 10 miles in space
(Kitsune Values: 4 miles in atmosphere, 400 miles in space)
Damage: 1d4x100 MD to a 40 ft blast radius per missile
Rate of Fire: Single shot. Three times per melee

i) Ghost Spoofer---A powerful EW system that can create up to EIGHT sensor ‘ghosts’ and project them up to 8 miles away from the Warmount.

4) Dorsal Laser Turret----Mounted in a retractable turret emerging from between the ‘shoulder blades’ of the wings is a powerful pulse laser weapon, with a full 360-degree arc of fire, and 90 degrees inclination. The weapon mount is also of note because of the winch and grapple mounted under the barrel frame, allowing a grapple to be slung over the side, and personnel or items lifted and deposited in either the front or rear compartments.
Range: 6,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD double blast, 1d4x10+8 MD quad blast, 1d6x10 MD full 5-shot blast

5) Leg Gunmounts(2) ---Each leg sports a weapon mount, similar to those carried by the Quetzal and Cyroc. This allows the legs to be used to strafe and sweep the ground below, or deal with enemy dogfighters that attempt to approach from below the airborne Warmount.
a)Pulse Laser
Damage: 6d6 MD single shot, 1d6x10 MD combined blast(counts as one attack)

b) Ion Blaster
Damage: 1d6x10+10 MD per blast, 2d6x10+20 MD combined blast(counts as one attack)

c) Plasma Cannon---Modified versions of the She-PLR25 Plasma Rifle
Range: 2,000 ft
Damage: 1d4x10 MD per blast, 2d4x10 MD combined plasma blast(counts as one attack)

d) Particle Beam Cannon---Modified versions of the She-PB20 Particle Beam Rifle:
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast, 2d6x10 MD combined particle blast(counts as one attack)

e) Rail Guns
Damage: 1d4 MD single rd, 1d4x10 MD per 20 rd burst.
Payload: 2,000 rd drum per cannon

6) (Optional) Underwing Hardpoints(4) ---If stealth is not an issue, the Pomolar can carry additional ordnance under its wings on attachable hardpoints. Each hardpoint can accommodate one of the following configurations:
a) Flare/Chaff Launcher
Range: Close Defense
Will also temporarily blind and impede flying monsters who fly into it.
Payload: 18 per launcher
b) Mini-Missiles---19 shot pod
c) Short Range Missiles---5 shot pod per hardpoint
d) Medium Range Missiles---2 per hardpoint
e) Long Range Missiles---1 per hardpoint
f) Bombs--- Up to 750 lbs of freefall ordnance can be carried per hardpoint
Bonuses for ‘Smart’ munitions: Hitting a large stationary target like a building, bridge, or large immobile vessel/vehicle is automatic! To hit a moving target, roll to strike(with a +6 to strike), A volley can target one target, or separate to attack several targets.

7) (Optional) Centerline Bombs---Again, if stealth is not a concern, the Pomolar can carry a single bomb, mine, or torpedo between its legs. , but the extra drag will cut the Warsteed’s maximum speed by 1/3 until the ordnance is deployed/ejected.
Damage: Varies by weapon carried;
*1,000-lb Bomb----1d4x100 MD to 70 ft blast radius
*Heavy Torpedo ----4d6x10 MD
Payload: One bomb(up to 1,000 lbs) or a single torpedo(up to Heavy class)
Note: The Pomolar can engage in dive-bombing maneuvers; doing so means that the Warsteed approaches the target in a dive(45-degrees or better), releases its bomb(at 5,000 ft or less distance from the target), and then pulls out. A successful dive-bombing attack requires a Piloting roll at -10%, but the dropped ordnance is +2 to strike, and gets a +2d4 MD for the extra speed assist in penetration.

8 )(Optional) Rear Bay Bombs---If not carrying cargo or passengers, the rear bay can be used to drop freefall ordnance, the weapons sliding out between the rear engine thrusters in a manner similar to the old pre-Rifts A-5 Vigilante strike aircraft. Up to 6,000 lbs of ordnance can be carried/deployed.
*2,000-lb Bomb----2d4x100 MD to 80 ft blast radius
*5,000-lb Bomb----4d4x100 MD to 100 ft blast radius

9) Flare/Chaff Dispensers(2)----Mounted at the tail end of the wings are multiple antimissile decoy launchers.
Payload: 30 per launcher, 60 total.

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience. The Pomolar has an effective animal I.Q. of 12.
The Pomolar has all the same standard programing as the Monst-Crane, but is configured for aerial movement and combat.
Has the equivalent of the following(for aerial maneuvering purposes):
Pilot Jet Fighter 70%(+5% per level of experience).
Electronic Countermeasures 94%
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Pomolar intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 7
Initiative +2 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +4, +7 in flight
Strike +3 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2, +5 in flight
Parry +6
Pull +4
Bite 4d6 MD
Beak Tear/Pry 6d6 MD
Talon Rake/Kick 4d6 MD
Dual Claw Aerial Rake/Pounce 8d6 MD
Wing Slash 1d8 MD glancing blow, 5d4 MD +2 for every 20 MPH of speed from a full strength slicing attack(+30 MD at maximum speed)
Body Block/Tackle 2d4 MD

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Pomolar an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Pomolar have fearless, patient, predatory natures; perfectly willing to wait patiently, hovering behind terrain features or cruising in cloud, awaiting the perfect opportunity to strike.
The Pomolar has the following Natural Psionic Abilities(no ISP Cost), all equivalent to 8th level with regards to range and proficiency.
*Sense Evil
*See Aura
*Sense Magic
*Sixth Sense/Danger Sense

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.
Note also that the Ecotroz-possessed ‘bot can infect other bots with the Ecotroz viral-entity, by bite or sustained touch(takes 3 attacks).
Last edited by taalismn on Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Time for something sillier.....

EcoS-K-101 Jaegerwagen Warmount
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img724_zpsjqiu9bh8.jpg

“Oh great, bad enough we’re in a post-apocalyptic future version of our own world, being hunted by evil monsters and crazed survivalist loons with tactical nuclear weaponry. Now it looks like we somehow dissed off a demonically-possessed Volkswagen dealership, because I’m counting over three dozen Herbie-zombie Bugs coming this way...and they look HUNGRY.”
----CyCo, d-bee strandee(sound of honking and beeping in the background)

“No, I’m not a car salesman, I’m a car SHEPHERD. I herd my cars where they’re needed; border patrol, battlefield cleanup, picket duty, convoy transport. I tend my flock and they drive away any nastiness they ecnounter.”
----Galdan Fendertender, Steel Gaian Male Shemarrian

“What the Steel Gaians call a ‘herd’ looks more like an open air parking lot run amok...”
----Samuel Goldthwait, Greater New England Militia, Woodstock District

The Jaegerwagen appears to be a Steel Gaian attempt to emulate Clan Motron’s Edselator and Willey Warmounts, but using materials found closer to home. When it came to finding the means to quickly creating a new robo-warmount on the cheap, the Steel Gaians didn’t have to go very far. Neighbors Paladin Steel already produced the NuVW SuperBug automobile with the option of being fitted with robot legs to create an ATV robot walker, and the Steel Gaians had already created several one-off e-animal and oreseme examples using the SuperBug frame. The decision to formalize the design with an Assembler Forge template produced the Jaegerwagen.
The Jaegerwagen has the distinctive curved body of the Superbug, but has a powerful be-toothed jaw in place of the front hood, and four legs in place of the wheels. A short, but powerful, tail curves from the back. Like the Cybear, the JaegerWagen is too small for most Shemarrians to ride inside, so they must ride atop the small warmounts. The interior of the automobile body is instead filled with robotics, the windshields and windows serving as additional optical arrays.
Though only lightly armed, Jaegerwagens are very well armored, and they take a lot of killing to put down for good. Their curved armor bodies are particularly good at deflecting projectile fire, and they are agile ground acrobats, rolling with concussions and melee strikes, quickly righting themselves, and rejoining combat.
Jaegerwagens have a reputation for being tough, resilient, little buggers, if not exactly comfortable to ride bareback(riders tend to slide off the curved roof). It is just as often used as a rider-less watchbeast or attack animal as it is a Mount. The sight of a charging, honking, baying, multihued pack of Jaegerwagens on the hunt has been known to send weaker-willed opponents fleeing from the battlefield.
Jaegerwagens have appeared primarily with the Steel Gaians, but smaller numbers have also appeared with Clan Motron(who may feel compelled, like the Horrorwoods, to acquire examples of every ‘themed’ Warmount , in this case wheeled and automotive-inspired, produced by the Shemarrian Nation).

Type: EcoS-K-101 JaegerWagen
Class: Robotic Warmount, Cavalry
1 rider/pilot, and possible room for 1 passenger, perched behind the rider
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 400
Front Hood/Jaw 90
*Headlights (2) 25 each
Legs(4) 90 each
Tail 250

*These are small targets and are -4 to strike, even on a called shot.

Height: 9 ft
Width: 8 ft at shoulders, legs splay out an extra 3 ft to either side
Length: 10 ft, tail adds another 9 ft
Weight: 1.8 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Leaping) 15 ft up, or 20 ft across. Increase distances by 50% with a running start.
(Flying) Not possible
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can swim quite ably, albeit at a slow 10 MPH. So long as the Jaegerwagen has one point of MDC in its Main Body, it will float quite serviceably in defiance of common sense.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL Jaegerwagens have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 100 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Curved Armor---The Jaegerwagen’s body armor is particularly well-angled for shot-deflection, and any ‘to strike’ roll more than a 5, but less than 12, will do only HALF damage. This ONLY applies to projectile attacks like bullets, shells, grenades, arrows, rail gun rounds, and missiles, and melee attacks like blades and blunt force.

*Panoramic/Wide-Angle Vision---The windshield and windows are actually wavelength-permeable sections of the main body casting, and provide the equivalent of panoramic vision if unobstructed, in which case the Jaegerwagen enjoys an additional bonus of +2 on Inititiative, +3 dodge, +1 Disarm, and +5% to Detect Ambush, Detect Concealment, ntelligence, and Detect Traps. If carrying a saddle or weapons panniers, vision to the sides is obstructed, and the Warmount only has the bonuses of Wide-Angle Vision; +1 on Initiative and +1 to Dodge.

Weapons Systems:
1) Laser Headlight Eyes(2) ---Standard robotic eye lasers, common in the Shemarrian arsenal.
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast

2) (Optional) Modular Weapons(2)---The Jaegerwagen has provision for head-mounting TWO weapons similar to those standard to the Monstrex

3) (Optional) Mouth-Mounted Weapon---Hidden in the Jaegerwagen’s ‘throat’ , a weapons system can be mounted, firing when the hood mouth is opened.
a) Flame-thrower Breath---The mouth can be modified with a flame-thrower.
Range: 230 ft
Damage: (Gasoline/Alcohol) 1d4x10 SDC
(Napalm) 1d6x10 SDC, plus does 5d6 SDC per melee for 1d4 minutes
(MD Fluid) 1d4 MD per blast, 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 minutes
(Incendi-Gel) 2d6 MD, 2d6 MD per melee for 1d6 minutes
(WI Napalm-P) 3d6 MD per blast, 1d4x10+10 MD per concentrated burst(counts as two attacks). 2d6 MD per melee for 1d4 minutes.
Note: The flame-thrower can also be used to cover an area with fluid: up to 10 ft per attack used. Used with Super-Napalm, this does 1d4 MD, Incendi-Gel does 1d6 MD, and with Napalm-P, this does 2d6 MD.
Rate of Fire: (Direct-Stream Mode) Standard
Payload: (Direct-Stream Mode
(Gasoline/Alcohol) 20 blasts
(Napalm) 60 blasts
(MD Fluid) 100 blasts
(Incendi-Gel) 120 blasts
(WI Napalm-P) 200 blasts per tank(much more concentrated than the regular gasoline/alcohol).

b) Plasma Cannon
Range:(Plasma Stream) 2,000 ft
(Plasma Bolt) 1,500 ft
Damage:(Plasma Stream) 1d6x10 MD per blast
(Plasma Bolt) 1d4x10 MD to 8 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Single shot, ECHH
Options:
“Hot Shotting”---This system augments the normal air-draw plasma re-mass system with deuterium-gas injected into the plasma flow for a cleaner, hotter, more potent ‘burn’. The deuterium is stored in pressurized cylinders attached to the feeds of the Serap, like a CO2 air rifle cartridge. This allows the plasma to do 50% more damage, but the weapon now has a bit of a recoil due to the more powerful plasma acting like a crude plasma drive(-1 to strike). HotShot cylinder of refined d-gas is good for 30 shots.

c) Sonic Cannon
Damage: 1d6x10 MD per blast, plus 3d6 MD to a 10 ft diameter area around the blast area(double damage and range underwater)

d) Screecher Sonic Cannon
Range: 1,800 ft underwater, 600 ft in air
Damage: Wide Beam: 4d6 MD to a 30 ft area
Concentrated Beam: 1d4x10 MD per blast
Sonic weapons do HALF damage through light ‘soft’ armors like MDC barding and padded armor.
Unprotected personnel must save versus non-lethal poison (16 or higher) or be stunned for 1d4 melee rds. People in sealed power armor save at an 8 or higher for the wide area blast, but make a standard save for the concentrated blast.
Sonar Blast----This is an enormous ‘belch’ of sonic cacophony that can blind sonar systems within range with a mass of ‘white noise’, knocking them out for 1d4 melees. Sonar and acoustic homing systems will lose target lock, and sonar-using creatures will be stunned and ‘blind’ for 1d4 minutes.
Vibration Blast---This takes up ALL attacks per melee to initiate and maintain, and consists of focusing a low powered beam on a sealed ship(submarines are ideal), and gradually inducing an ultra-low frequency vibration throughout its structure. While this doesn’t do any damage per say, it does affect the hearing and inner ears of crew members, causing creeping disorientation and increasing unsettledness, leading up to nausea. After one melee people with unprotected hearing(or un-insulated contact with the ship’s hull structure) will be -1 to strike, parry, and dodge, and -5% to skills(they become easily distracted). After two melees they are -2 to strike, parry, and dodge, -10% to skills, and are -10% to their sense of balance...and so on...People with protected hearing are immune to the effect, but beings with enhanced hearing are TWICE as susceptible to the effects.
This setting is most effective against vessels 60 ft long or smaller...larger vessels will take an extra full melee per 50 ft of length for this to work...or several cannon working in concert, to be effective.

e) Ion Cannon---This weapon has the added side-effect of electrifying the teeth with power bleed-over.
Range: (Ion Bolt) 3,000 ft
(Spray Bolt)1,500 ft and affects a 15 ft wide area
Damage: (Ion Bolt) 1d6x10 MD per single bolt
(Spray Bolt) 4d6 MD to a 15 ft wide area
On a Natural 20(Critical Strike) the ion weapon does TRIPLE damage instead of the normal double damage
Rate of Fire: Standard
Note: Adds +1d4 MD to a bite due to surplus charge arcing between the teeth. Contact with the teeth also can stun; similar to a Shock Rod; 5d6 SDC, plus 55% chance of stunning humans, d-bees, and small animals for 1d4 melees, 15% against large or inhumanly powerful beings. Cumulative effects same as for Electro-Stunner(see pg 50 of Coalition: Lone Star).

4) (Optional) Warmount Ordnance Missile Packs(WOMPs)---Jaegerwagens can be fitted with these saddle-style panniers for various ballistic weapons. Fitting them, however, reduces the Warmount’s maximum speed by 25%, and -2 to dodge/roll due to their encumberance.
a)Mini-Missiles---19 shot pod per hardpoint
b) Short Range Missiles---5 shot box pod per hardpoint
c) Medium Range Missiles---3 per hardpoint
d) Katyusha launcher---Simple and classic 122mm ballistic rocket artillery
Weight: (Rocket)
(Short) 102 lbs
(Long) 170 lbs
Range:(Short) 7 miles
(Long) 13 miles
Damage: Both missile types use a 122mm warhead, typically the following warhead types(damage may vary as much as 50% by the quality of warhead manufacture):
(Fragmentation) 1d6x10 MD to a 60 ft blast radius
(Incendiary) 1d4x10 MD to a 50 ft blast radius, plus 01-75% chance of setting combustible materials aflame
(High Explosive) 2d6x10 MD to a 20 ft blast radius
(Plasma) 3d4x10 MD to a 40 ft blast radius
(Smoke) Covers a 100 ft area in thick obscuring smoke. Typically disperses within 1d6 melees, depending on local wind and humidity conditions.
(Chemical) Varies, but typically used to dispense CS or nerve agents. Rarely used, on Rifts Earth, since ARCHIE-3’s minions didn’t breath, and most Splugorth minions had either supernatural constitutions or magical/technological NBC protections. Typically covers a 100 ft area. Like the smoke, local weather conditions determine the dispersal rate.
(Submunition)---Detonates airburst style over the target and scatters a small cloud of grenade-like sub-mines, that can be used to infilade an area with contact explosives or delayed-fuze mines. Carries over 18 submunitions, scattering over a 100 ft area, and doing 5d6 MD to a 10 ft blast radius each.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-4
Payload: 4 rockets per hardpoint
Penalties: Katyushas use the standard rules for unguided artillery with regard to deviation from target. Best fired in salvoes of 4 or more rockets.

e) Rifle Grenades---Taking advantage of the availability of 30-50 mm rifle grenades, the EShemar fitted each hardpoint with a ‘hedgerow’ of spigot-launchers, topped by a rifle-grenade. Though much shorter-ranged than the other WOMPs, firing them in salvo can prove to have a devastating effect, especially on massed enemy formations.
Range: Typically 1,800 ft
Damage:
(Riot)---Combination flash-bang and rubber pellet charge---Victims are -10 to strike, parry, and dodge, -1 to initiative, and lose 1 APM for 1d4 melees. Rubber pellets do 1d4 SDC damage, but have a 60% chance of knockdown for any human-sized, or smaller, beings, caught in a 10 ft blast radius.....lose initiative and 1 APM for that melee(cost: 80 credits)
(Fragmentation-SDC) 2d4x10 SDC to 20 ft blast radius(cost: 100 credits)
(Fragmentation-MD) 3d6 MD to 25 ft blast radius(cost: 280 credits)
(High Explosive) 6d6 MD to 10 ft blast radius(cost: 360 credits)
(Anti-Armor HEAT) Very heavy projectile(range drops to 120 ft) Does 2d4x10 MD to a 1 ft diameter area(shaped charge)(cost: 800 credits)
(Plasma/Micro-Fusion) 1d6x10 MD to 8 ft blast radius (cost: 800 credits)
(Incendiary) 2d6 MD flash damage to 12 ft blast radius, plus does 1d4 MD per melee for 2d4 melees(cost: 350 credits)
(Acid)---4d6 MD to a 5 ft radius, then diminishes in strength by 1d6 each melee(lasts about 4 melees)(cost: credits)
(Chemical) Effects vary, but contains enough chemical agent to cover a 15 ft radius
(Illumination) Can loft to an altitude of 600 ft, and illuminate a 500 ft radius for 4d4 melees. (cost: 15 credits)
Note: Additional grenade types, including TW munitions, can be used as available.
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-12
Payload: 12 shots per rack

f) 40mm Automatic Grenade Launcher---Another weapon acquired from allies and black market sources.
Range: 7,000 ft
Damage: Fragmentation: 4d6 MD to 12 ft area, 2d6x10 MD to a 40 ft area for a 10 rd burst.
Armor-Piercing: 1d4x10 MD to 3 ft area, 3d6x10 MD to a 8 ft area for a 10 rd burst.
Payload: 300 rd drum each AGL

g) 82mm Mortars----Based on a Free Quebec Glitterboy weapon(and copied by both Paladin Steel and the EShemar).
MDC: 100
Range:(Direct-fire) 6,000 ft
(Indirect Fire) 2.2 miles
Damage:(High Explosive) 1d6x10 MD to a 20 ft blast radius
(Fragmentation)1d4x10 +5 MD to 25 ft blast area
(Armor-Piercing High Explosive) 2d4x10 MD to 6 ft blast area
Rate of Fire: Single shot, EGCHH.
Payload: 6 rounds, ready to fire

Programming:
The Ecotroz have installed robotic AIs, then infected the matrix with a low-level Ecotroz sentience.
Has the basic Monstrex programming.
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the Jaegerwagen intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +3 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)(see also possible bonuses from panoramic/wide-angle vision, listed above)
Dodge +4 (see also possible bonuses from panoramic/wide-angle vision, listed above)
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2 +2 to Roll
Bite 5d6 MD
Kick 2d4 MD without claws, 3d6+6 MD w/ claws extended
Stomp 1d4 MD
Tail Lash 3d6 MD
Body Block/Ram 1d4 MD (the rounded body shape really doesn’t work well for ramming)

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the Jaegerwagen an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. Jaegerwagens have dog-like personalities, ranging from playful loyal companions to vicious pack predators. Interestingly, they don’t seem to get along well with Willeys(unless they are also based off of PS-made components), which sometimes results in squabbles between the two Warmount types if corralled together(Wayfinders refer to these Warmount tiffs as ‘beep- and jeep-fights’).

The Ecotroz fragment does occasionally need sleep/rest...though they only need 2 hours of rest/meditation per 24 hours...they can push this, going without for as many days as they have I.Q. points(most Warmounts, unless otherwise noted, have an effective IQ rating of 8 ), but will have to go dormant for 4d6 hours after such exertion.

Options:
*Wheel and Leg System----This is effectively a throwback to the original design and a nod to Clan Motron, by adopting their wheel-and-leg system. Each leg features an armored wheel(100 MDC), which allows it to drive at 100 MPH on level, hard surfaces.

* Extending Hub Spikes----Applicable to Wheel and Leg System-equiped Jaegerwagens. Great for tearing out the tires of other vehicles, or mowing down people
on foot.
Range: Can extend up to three feet from the hub.
Damage: 2d6 MD

*Climber Tires---Applicable to Wheel and Leg System-equiped Jaegerwagens. Huge oversized tires covered with spikes, mag-grips, and suction cups, to allow the wheeled Warmount to scale vertical surfaces.
Can climb an up to 90 degree vertical surface at 1/4 speed. Roll piloting skill at a -15% penalty per
50 ft traversed. If roll fails, roll again, again with penalty; if second roll succeeds, the vehicle only
slides back 1d4x10 ft. If second roll fails; vehicle has fallen off climbing surface; brace for impact!
Penalties: Reduce normal road speed by half

* Molecular Adhesion Pads----Feet can be fitted with molecular adhesion pads, allowing the Warmount to cling to just about anything.

*Enhanced/Turbocharged Engines-----Applicable to Wheel and Leg System-equiped Jaegerwagens. Can upgrade the engine , gearing, and overall speed. Increasable in 10 MPH increments, maximum of 160 MPH

* Aqua Thrusters-----Adds propellors/hydrojets capable of pushing the car at up to 20 MPH on
water.

*Morphing Armor---Enfolds the ENTIRE Jaegerwagen in articulated armor plates, armadillo-style,
increasing armor protection, but effectively immobilizing the Warmount.
MDC: +200 MDC when deployed
A variant of this extends multiple spikes that do equivalent damage to anything punching, kicking, or biting the armored-up Warmount(GNE scout troopers like to tell of seeing a large Spiny Ravager that SWALLOWED a Jaegerwagen whole, only to have the mecha-critter go pufferfish on it from INSIDE, resulting in a very shocked and in agony monster).

*Mine Detector-----A detection coil can be installed on the prow, and uses a variety of magnetic, chemical, and ground sonar detection systems to sniff out mines and buried ordinance. 85% accuracy.

*Slip Spray---rather than trap, this makes it impossible for people and many vehicles to gain purchase. A single application(a tablespoon) will cover nearly four square feet. Slipspray is very nearly water-resistant----it takes LOTS of water, roughly 6-10 gallons, to wash away an ounce of slipspray---or regular industrial solvents will do the trick. Slipspray breaks down after 1d4 hours of exposure to air.
Effects: Anyone trying to move across slipspray must make a roll under their Physical Prowess at -8 or go out of control at full speed. Vehicles, power armors, and light robot vehicles traveling in ground contact across sufficiently large patches of slipspray will be at -15% to their piloting rolls..failure means the vehicle goes out of control and takes on the characteristics of a giant hockey puck. Depending on the hardness of the surface(must be a hard surface, not a permeable surface like dirt or gravel), certain heavy vehicles and robots(like the MAC II) will be unaffected, as they simply stomp the effected surface into the subterranean. Hovercraft are NOT affected either.
Payload: 10 gallon internal tank; an ounce covers 8 square ft...so a gallon’s worth will cover 1,024 ft! (Instant ice rink anyone?)

*Smog Dispenser---The Jaegerwagen can spew a dense, choking, corrosive vapor from its rear tail pipe(s) to inconvenience pursuers and cover its retreat.
Range: Each blast covers a 100 ft area.
Damage: Anyone caught in the cloud of thick, obscuring smoke is unable to see, except with thermal optics. Inhaling, or exposure through unprotected soft tissues like the eyes, the vapor does 1d6 SDC/Hit Points per melee of exposure, and victims are -4 to dodge, strike, and parry, even for 1d4 melees after being removed from the cloud.
Smoke persists for 1d4+3 melee rounds.
Payload: Has enough smoke-matrix for 12 clouds. Regenerates them at a rate of 1 every six hours(1 hour if fed petrochemicals).

*Hood Horn---This adds a rhino-like horn to the front-center of the hood. angled for ramming. 2d6 MD on a stab, or +2d6 MD to a body block/ram.

*Thagomizer----Adds additional vibro-spikes to the tail. This adds a +3d6 MD to tail strikes.

*Super-Glo Paint Job(Flare Paint)---A specialized coating of highly reflective and electro-
luminescent paint, typically in Day-Glo Orange, Green, Electric Blue, and Psychedelic....extremely
loud and painfully bright to look at....Lasers do 1/3 normal damage, and the vehicle is extremely
easy to spot and difficult to camouflage. The vehicle also seems to glow at night in any sort of
ambient light.
When charged with an electric current, the paint flash-luminesces, with effects similar to a
Blinding Flash spell
Damage: Unless wearing flash-protection equipment, like polarizing goggles, or otherwise
protected, victims are blinded for 4 melees, and are -5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge.
Range: Omnidirectional: 100 ft range
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Feb 11, 2016 6:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

And second serving of silliness; I'm ALMOST ashamed of this one:

EcoS-K-102 VolksVore Aerial Warmount
http://i408.photobucket.com/albums/pp164/taalismn/img719_zpsveorxfbz.jpg

“Does anybody else hear car horns above us? Trying to play ‘Ride of the Valkyries?’ Hey, where’d CyCo go?”

When it was first seen over the hills of northern New England, the VolksVore was at first suspected of being a one-off modification or variant of the Jaegerwagen, but it is now known to be different enough that it has merited both its own name and Assembly Forge template.
The VolksVore, despite its name(which seems to be part of the joke that created the original prototype), is not (strictly) an antipersonnel predator, but seems created with fighting gargoyles in mind. Other references to whatever twisted sense of humor created the original VolksVore, and to the German origins of its ‘ancestry’ abound in its design. Though, like Clan Motron’s adoption of Northern Gun as their ‘host’ of choice, the Steel Gaians have customarily based their hardware on Paladin Steel designs, they seem to have gone out of their way with the VolksVore to emulate Triax hardware. The wings, for example, are copies of those observed on the X-2730 Griffon Air Combat Robot. Weaponry includes types copied from German sources, such as the Lightning Cannon.
The VolksVore sacrifices some of the Jaegerwagen’s armor for weight savings and better speed and agility, but it is still quite well-protected in terms of armored skin. In flight the VolksVore is like a demented giant hummingbird, darting in on an opponent, hovering for a second to deliver a powerful bite, claw swipe, or ion blast, then quickly jetting away to escape retaliation.
The VolksVore retains some of its VW features in its rounded body, vender-like jaw, and tire-bumpered limbs. The forelimbs retain rotary capability, allowing the VolksVore to perform spinning blade slashes or drill attacks(this is also seen as a nod back to the infamous AA-50 Insecton ‘bot of the Shemarrian Civil War). And the VolksVore retains the fearsome sonic horn of its lineage, loudly declaring its deadly cuteness.
Like the Jaegerwagen, the VolksVore is rather difficult to ride, given its curved back and small size. It is just as often seen flying ‘feral’, without a rider, as with one, and it is standard practice to unleash flocks of unmanned VolksVores against marauding aerial packs of gargoyles.
For some obscure reason, all VolksVores seen have sported different variants of a purple paint scheme.
The VolksVore has appeared in the ranks of the Steel Gaians, Lost Eclipse, and Clan Shelley. All three tribes have been known to set loose large flocks to harry and hunt down aerial predators. The Sapphire Cobras have also recently evinced an interest in acquiring the design.

Type: EcoS-K-102 VolksVore
1 rider/pilot, and room for 1 passenger perched on top.
MDC/Armor by Location:
Main Body 360
Head 90
Front Hood/Jaw 90
*Headlights (2) 25 each
Cyclops Blaster 55
Folding Wings(2) 140 each
Fore Legs(2) 85 each
Rear Legs(2) 95 each
Spoiler Tail 90
Tail 250

*These are small targets and are -4 to strike, even on a called shot.

Height: 9 ft
Width: 8 ft+36 ft wingspan
Length: 10 ft, tail adds another 12 ft
Weight: 2.1 tons
Cargo: Small space inside/beside the saddle-seat for a few personal possessions and sidearms.
Speed: (Running) 50 MPH
(Flying) Hover to 300 MPH, maximum altitude of ft.
(Space) Not possible
(Underwater) Can swim, albeit slowly, at 7 MPH.
Systems of Note:
Full optical systems, laser targeting, passive nightvision, telescopic vision, thermal imaging, infrared, ultraviolet, and polarization filters. Also has motion and heat detection, built-in radar( 60 mile range) and other standard power armor-equivalent systems. Additional/special sensors may be built in by the creating Tinkers or at the behest of individual riders/owners.

*Bionic Cybernanite Repair Systems---ALL VolksVore have the same bionic nanotech repair system that the Ecotroz Shemar have refitted themselves with, and which is becoming the standard among NeShemar as well. These systems repair 4d6 MD per hour, and can repair 40 MDC before needing material stocks to convert to MD repair material.

*Enhanced Motion Detection---Because the addition of wings, engines, tail, and extra weapon interferes with the original VW hull window-optics, the VolksVore instead uses an enhanced system of mini-radar and LIDAR sensors to detect motion and obstacles around itself. This effectively gives the VolksVore a 360-degree arc of perception, out to 4,000 ft, and gives it the bonuses of +1 to initiative, +1 parry/dodge, and +5% to Detect Ambush and Detect Traps.

*Radar Detector---The Steel Gaians apparently learned from Triax’s lessons fighting the tech-savvy Gargoyles of Europe, because the VolksVore is fitted with the ability to detect radar signals, especially radar targeting attempting to lock on the Warmount. 80% chance of signal detection, 60% chance of determining the point of origin.

Weapons Systems:
1)Laser Headlight Eyes(2) ---Standard robotic eye lasers, common in the Shemarrian arsenal.
Damage: 3d6 MD per single blast, or 6d6 MD per double blast

2) ‘Cyclops’ Lightning Projector---Sometimes mistaken for a large robotic optic, this circular device in the middle of the VolksVore’s hood is actually a short range heavy ion projector( modified copy of the Triax TX-275 ‘Lightning’ Arc Charge Blaster)
Range: 3,000 ft
Damage: 6d6 MD
01-15: No damage
16-30 Instruments flicker out, before coming back online in 1d4 seconds. Target loses Initiative.
31-45 All weapons temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. One system comes back online in 1d4 melee rds.
46-60 All systems temporarily out, and minor electrical fires. -30% to piloting skills if target is a manned vehicle. Systems come back online after 1d4 melee rds.
61-75 Communications, radar, and targeting are disabled, but weapons systems are unaffected. -3 to strike and no initiative. Damage requires physical repair.
76-90 Instruments are completely totaled. If a manned vehicle, the following skill penalties apply; -25% at one-third of maximum speed, -50% at HALF maximum speed, and -75% at full speed. NO initiative roll, -3 to dodge(-5 if an AI), -3 to strike(-5 if an AI), and lose one action per melee round(2 if an AI)
91-00 Total knockout. Controls do not respond, and machine is out of control. Crash/collapse/total shutdown within 2d4 minutes.

Stun Damage:(Organic Targets)
Organic targets roll for Stun; save at 16 or better or be -8 to strike, dodge, parry, roll, and initiative, reduce APMs and Spd by HALF, for 2d4 melee rds. A successful save means lose only initiative and 1 APM for 1 melee round.
50% chance of knocking out unshielded electronics(or 1d4 subsystems like radio, electronic image amplification, cybernetic sensory implant, or the like) for 1d4 melees.
Beings susceptible to electricity take DOUBLE damage.

3) Forepaw Ion Blasters(2)---The VolksVore can project a powerful ion blast from the center of each foreclaw
Range: 1,000 ft
Damage: 4d6 MD single shot
1d4x10 MD per three-shot burst
On a Natural 20(Critical Strike) the ion weapon does TRIPLE damage instead of the normal double damage

4) Shock Claws(2)---The foreclaw ion blasters can bleed electrical energy into the triple-fingered claws, giving them a shocking touch.
Range: Melee
Damage: Taser Touch: Humanoids struck with this weapon must save
vs. coma or be shocked unconscious for 1D6 minutes. Cyborgs have a 75% chance of having their cybernetics disrupted for 1D10 minutes, and a 30% chance of a non-vital system being permanently shorted out
Zap Touch: 2d6, 3d6, or 4d6 MD
Megadamage creatures lose 1 APM and initiative that melee round. Creatures susceptible to electricity take DOUBLE damage.

5) Anti-Monster Growl---Trade with the Wolf’s Path gained Clan Motron data on Northern Gun’s ‘Wolf’s Howl’ Anti-Monster System(see Northern Gun Book One, pgs 133-14). They apparently traded it to the Steel Gaians. In the VolksVore, this is sometimes, for some obscure reason, called the ‘One Long Horn’.
Range: 900 ft
Damage: 1d6 MD, plus targets are struck by painful sonic sidebands. Reduce speed by 10%. -1 attack per melee, -3 to perception rolls, -2 on initiative, -1 to parry/dodge/pull punch, and -15% on performance of ALL skills for 1d4 melees. The attack also has an EM aspect to it, so ELECTRONIC systems will be temporarily fazed; -15% to Sensory Equipment and ALL Radio communications rolls/attempts for 1d4 melees while the targets struggle to reset or readjust their equipment.

6) Tail Lasers(2)----These appear originally slated as optional signal lights on the Jaegerwagen, but have become standard equipment on the VolksVore. Based on the mini-laser turrets off the Titan Robotics Flying Titan Power Armor(and, given that, post-SCW, the Shemarrian Nation virtually OWNS TR, technology readily accessible to them) , these small lasers, disguised as rear brake/turn signal flashers on the spoiler tail, give the VolksVore added protection from the rear quarters. Many a gargoyle, seeking to surprise a VolksVore in aerial combat by approaching from behind, has been rudely surprised by laser blasts to the face.
Damage: 2d6 MD single blast, 4d6 MD for both lasers firing in synch(counts as one attack)

7) Super-Glo Paint Job(Flare Paint)---A specialized coating of highly reflective and electro-
luminescent paint, typically in Day-Glo Orange, Green, Electric Blue, and Psychodelic....extremely
loud and painfully bright to look at....Lasers do 1/3 normal damage, and the vehicle is extremely
easy to spot and difficult to camouflage. The VolksVore also seems to glow at night in any sort of
ambient light.
When charged with an electric current, the paint flash-luminesces, with effects similar to a
Blinding Flash spell
Damage: Unless wearing flash-protection equipment, like polarizing goggles, or otherwise
protected, victims are blinded for 4 melees, and are -5 to strike, -10 to parry and dodge.
Range: Omnidirectional: 100 ft range

8 ) (Optional) Underwing Hardpoints(4, 2 each wing)---Because the Steel Gaians live so close to the GNE, these hardpoints are compatible with Paladin Steel-manufactured ordnance.
a) Micro-Missiles(15-20mm)--- 25 shot cassette pod
b) Mini-Missiles---6 shot pod
c) Short Range Missile---1 per hardpoint
d) Copperhead Anti-Tank Missile Pod---Uses PS ‘smart’ armor killers for more accurate fire.
Range: 1 mile
Damage: Armor-piercing: 2d4x10 MD, no blast radius
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-2
Payload: 2
Bonuses: +5 to strike
e) L-SAM ‘Black Talon’ Launcher
Range: 3 miles
Damage: 3d4x10 MD to 40 ft blast radius
Rate of Fire: Volleys of 1-2(all)
Payload: 2 per launcher
Bonus: +5 to strike, and gets TWO attempts to strike the target(agile enough to loop back on a target and try again)

f) Light Machine Gun Pod---Modified cyborg forearm weapon
Damage: (Conventional) 1d6x10 SDC/HP per 10 rd burst
(Exploding) 1 MD single round, 2d4 MD ten-shot burst
(PSX-1)1d4 MD per single rd, 1d4x10 MD per 10 rd burst
Payload: 500 rd magazine

g) Flare/Chaff Launcher
Range: Close Defense
Payload: 12 per launcher
h) Bombs--- Up to 250 lbs of freefall ordnance can be carried per hardpoint
OR, can use Short Range Missile Warheads, only double the blast radius.

Programming:
The VolksVore has all the same standard programing as the Monst-Crane, but is configured for aerial movement and combat.
Has the equivalent of the following(for aerial maneuvering purposes):
Pilot Jet Fighter 70%(+5% per level of experience).
The Ecotroz entity can also pick up one Secondary skill at levels 2, 6, and 12 of experience, though the nature of the VolksVore intelligence and design is such that it is limited to skill selections from Technical: Language(understanding) and Lore (Cattle & Animals, Indians, Juicers, Magic, Demons & Monsters, D-Bees, Faerie---at least with regards to identifying their relative threat level), and Wilderness( Hunting).

Actions/Attacks Per Melee: 5
Initiative +3 (+1 from the Ecotroz entity for a total of +3)
Dodge +5, +8 in flight
Strike +1 (+2 w/ ranged weaponry)
Roll +2, +6 in flight
Parry +5
Bite 5d6 MD
Claw 2d4 MD without claws, 3d6+6 MD w/ claws extended, 1d6x10 MD for spinning claw strike
Tail Lash 3d6 MD, 4d6 MD on a high-speed flying slash
Wing Slash 1d6 MD +1d4 MD per every 20 MPH of speed over 50 MPH
Body Block/Ram 1d4 MD +1d4 MD per every 20 MPH of speed over 50 MPH

Note: The Ecotroz intelligence fragment inhabiting the ‘bot gives the VolksVore an aura and behavior more befitting a sentient being than a robot. VolksVores have been likened to flock-hunting raptors or predators like crows; cooperative, vicious, and tenacious, attacking a target from all sides. They also exhibit something of the hummingbird in their feisty attitudes, and are fearless in attacking targets above their own weight-class, such as gargoyles and dragons.

Options:
*Thagomizer----Adds additional vibro-spikes to the tail. This adds a +3d6 MD to tail strikes.

*Spear Rack---The saddle can be fitted with a spear rack with 20 MDC and holding 4-6 spears. Thrown from the air, the spears get an extra +1 to damage, +1d4 if thrown as part of a dive-bomb, due to the extra speed behind the throw.

* ‘Pin Wheel’ Roto-Fight System----This system deploys a folding rotor assembly that looks like an
enormous pinwheel. It was designed to allow the original SuperBug to drive off cliffs and aircraft and auto- rotate to the ground, but the assembly also permits the vehicle to engage in limited flight. Takes 1 full melee to deploy. This system has been offered up as an option to allow severely damaged/injured and ‘winged’ VolksVores to get down safely to the ground. Note that deployment of the pinwheel is not possible if carrying passengers, making this useful only to rider-less VolksVores, or ones that the rider and any passengers have managed to bail off of, and the saddle jettisoned.
MDC of Rotor: 15
Speed: can survive drops from up to 10,000 ft if un-powered. If powered, can fly at a hover up to 40
MPH, at max. altitude of 1,000 ft
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
taalismn
Priest

Illos for the Jaegerwagen and VolksVore now added to their respective posts.
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
kronos
Hero

Unread post by kronos »

taalismn wrote:Illos for the Jaegerwagen and VolksVore now added to their respective posts.

Looking good.
taalismn
Priest

kronos wrote:
taalismn wrote:Illos for the Jaegerwagen and VolksVore now added to their respective posts.

Looking good.

Ya, and that marks 100 COMPLETED Warmounts :clown: :fool: :lol: ....Personally, I'm still about five more shy of PERSONALLY creating 100, and I currently only have any concrete ideas for one more, K-103, (and that's still only about 3% complete) which is as good an excuse as any to shift focus for the time being to new castes and the ever thorny animal-nomenclature. :D
-------------

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
CyCo
Hero

Unread post by CyCo »

Hey, I'm over here!!

8p

*rides off into the distance on a Volksvore Aerial Mount honking Flight of the Valkyries*

8]
Eureka!
I Want Rifts : Australia II & III...!!

Return to “Rifts®”