30 power armors in NG2????

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kaid
Knight

30 power armors in NG2????

Unread post by kaid »

Just read the weekly blurb and holy cow that is a lot of power armor types I think there were 27 robot vehicles in NG1 so thats a pretty huge amount of power armors.

Honestly kinda curious because currently the known NG PA is I think the samson and one variant of it, the red hawk, juicer killer and the other one from juicer uprising whose name evades me at the moment. I am really curious how much diversity they are going to have when they have 30 of them.

I honestly was only expecting 10 or 15 power armors now I am pretty curious. Since it looks like there is some kind of wolf themed body armor I am curious if there will be a mini gunwolf style PA as well.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: 30 power armors in NG2????

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Yeah, that was pretty stunning to see. Power Armor pilots (or Operators if you're ratty) will have a field day with this book.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

seriously you look at the CS they have what maybe 6 power armors and probably 6-8 triax ones. Given the mostly man shaped nature of power armor and small size I am just curious how much differences you can actually get to warrant 30 different suits.
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

I love playing the Operator OCC but I think that's kind of over kill on the Power Armour (no offense intended to the writer(s)).

I was looking forward to more vehicles like the Roadhammer and Big Bertha and stuff like that. Some good group vehicles that are not necessarily military grade.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Boy with NG2 I think the power armor pilots are pretty much all set for their armor needs for a LONG TIME.
rat_bastard
Kreelockian
Comment: Maybe if my sig line is clever enough someone will finally love me.

Unread post by rat_bastard »

Bear in mind a great deal of this is going to be reprints and updates.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Ed
Adventurer

Unread post by Ed »

kaid wrote:seriously you look at the CS they have what maybe 6 power armors and probably 6-8 triax ones. Given the mostly man shaped nature of power armor and small size I am just curious how much differences you can actually get to warrant 30 different suits.

That's a difference between a commercial firm and a government military. The commercial firm will have a wide array of products to fit the broadest range of markets. The military will be trying to keep their logistics tail as simple as possible by reducing the number of variants.
Ed
rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Lets see: 2 Gladius armors, 2 Sampson armors, 2 Juicer killer armors, Red Hawk Armor

I guarantee those get reprinted (hopefully the Gladius gets a armor by location update) so 23 new armors.
"If a child shows a particular abundance of pity for fools or an overwhelming disdain for jibber jabber he is plucked from his family and raised by monks in the T-emple."
Glistam
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: The silent thief of Rozrehxeson.

Unread post by Glistam »

I imagine there's probably going to be a bunch of "variants" that aren't much different from their base model, but will count as a "new" power armor. So the actual number may be much lower.
Zerebus: "I like MDC. MDC is a hundred times better than SDC."

kiralon: "...the best way to kill an old one is to crash a moon into it."

Temporal Wizard O.C.C. update 0.8 | Rifts random encounters
New Fire magic | New Temporal magic
Grim Gulf, the Nightlands version of Century Station

Let Chaos Magic flow in your campaigns.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

rat_bastard wrote:Lets see: 2 Gladius armors, 2 Sampson armors, 2 Juicer killer armors, Red Hawk Armor

I guarantee those get reprinted (hopefully the Gladius gets a armor by location update) so 23 new armors.

Also it sort of depends if they are counting the gladius and its aquatic variant power armor or augmented regular armor. The current handling its kind of in the neither fish nor fowl of its mostly power armor but did not require power armor skills to utilize. Myself I would just throw it into the power armor category cause even with those that is still a TON of new power armors and if those are not included then its even more crazy.
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Are we seriously complaining about too many options?
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Are we seriously complaining about too many options?

Hehe no I was just really surprised to see that many power armor options and I am curious how well differentiated they will be or if it will be a lot of samson/red hawk variants. I am cool either way I was just really impressed they were going even bigger with power armor than they did with robot vehicles which was already a pretty darn tall bar.
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

depends, you can have a lot of different lines.

you could have a discount line similar to the chipwell power armours intended to be used for commercial and mining purposes, rather than combat, for example. frankly, the idea that anyone would pay millions of credits to make a slave mining 'borg always struck me personally as odd, anyways.

you could have specialized suits... one designed for delicate work in hostile environments that gives fine motor control and maybe even slightly better feedback simulating a sense of touch. you could have variants with armour specialized against certain weapon types (lasers, electric, fire/plasma all seem reasonable options). you can have extremely heavy "shock trooper" suits, extremely mobile "scout" suits, etc.
taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

30 PAs?
Be still, my heart...my toy-craving, iron-mongery-obsessed cardiac muscle.... :shock: :fool:
Last edited by taalismn on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

Well, PA is smaller and more able to interact with the human world. So an Ironmans style approach is more logical in that regard.

As for more Mundane and MDC style transport Ya the game needs a few new ones. some have come out. but most High end variants and pricey. (That is if you get one new.)
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

30 is a nice number, maybe hopefully with custom options too for them.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

If there are 30 PA I am even more curious now how many other vehicles are in there. I know kevin had mentioned he was working on a section of watercraft which really given NG's location should be pretty popular items.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Hope they actually fixed the scaling problem. I think the samson should not have been 11 feet tall.....
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

I'm all for having more options. If the options are truly different. If we have two suits of power armor that function really well on water. Except the first is specialized for ocean use the other for river use what makes them different. Probably nothing. I play Pathfinder and I'm seeing monsters that are too similar as well. The difference between a ocean giant and a river giant is that one is found on rivers. Yet nothing that makes them stand out.

So give me more options just make them unique. Giving me 30 suits where 5-10 suits are very similar is just adding more pages to pad a book so that one can charge more money. I will still get NG-2 regardless. Just don't expect me to talk favorable about it. I am just surprised the concept of modular power armour. Or having everything modular has not take nrifts earth by storm. Why have 10-20 units when 5-10 can do the same job.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
boxee
Hero

Unread post by boxee »

Like the idea of modular armor. I do really like that operators can add weapons to armors. I can really understand why all powered armors and robot vehicles do not have a back up energy weapon. Adding a laser that does 1d6MDC range 400' cant be that hard to do.
Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Are we seriously complaining about too many options?

Have you not read the OCC debates?
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Sureshot wrote:I'm all for having more options. If the options are truly different. If we have two suits of power armor that function really well on water. Except the first is specialized for ocean use the other for river use what makes them different. Probably nothing. I play Pathfinder and I'm seeing monsters that are too similar as well. The difference between a ocean giant and a river giant is that one is found on rivers. Yet nothing that makes them stand out.

So give me more options just make them unique. Giving me 30 suits where 5-10 suits are very similar is just adding more pages to pad a book so that one can charge more money. I will still get NG-2 regardless. Just don't expect me to talk favorable about it. I am just surprised the concept of modular power armour. Or having everything modular has not take nrifts earth by storm. Why have 10-20 units when 5-10 can do the same job.

That's like asking car companies why so many if only a handful of models are needed
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

boxee wrote:Hope they actually fixed the scaling problem. I think the samson should not have been 11 feet tall.....

The funny thing though at 11 feet tall it actually is only a bit taller than a glitterboy and shorter than a jaeger. It is pretty solidly in the middle of the height range common amongst power armors. The small side power armors are about 7 feet tall and the tall side is about 16 feet tall.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I am not sure how I feel about that many...things like this though are why the people who like Magic users and psychics feel they are not even thought about as it pertains to getting "toys". There is a LOT of emphasis on tech most of the time.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Sureshot
Champion
Comment: They Saved Sureshot's Brain!

Unread post by Sureshot »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:That's like asking car companies why so many if only a handful of models are needed

Unlike car companies which have to be very competitive in a crowded market place. Pb is not constrained by that. I pay for the material in the books. I want it to be new material. I don't want one set of power armor rehashed 30 times. I don't think I'm asking for much.
If it's stupid and it works. It's not stupid

Palladium can't be given a free pass for criticism because people have a lot of emotion invested in it.

Pathfinder is good. It is not the second coming of D&D.

Surshot is absolutely right. (Kevin Seimbeda)

Enlightened Grognard

When I step out of line the mods do their jobs. I don't benefit from some sort of special protection.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:That's like asking car companies why so many if only a handful of models are needed

Except that the car company's eventually got bitten in the ass for having too many models on the market let alone in the same categories as other models they made. They over extended themselves.

While NG does have competition, it is no where near on the level of the big three car companies. Titan Robotics is their only real competition in North America since Naruni is essentially shunned by and large and Bandito is still too minor a player by comparison. Triax even dialed back it's sales over seas as part of it's treaties with the CS. This makes NG THE manufacture not just the top manufacturer. There have no need for multiple models that do the same things since they are still likely to sell just as many total suits not less.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

jaymz wrote:I am not sure how I feel about that many...things like this though are why the people who like Magic users and psychics feel they are not even thought about as it pertains to getting "toys". There is a LOT of emphasis on tech most of the time.

I do like them fleshing out a toybox for NG because that is toys players can actually reasonably have access to. The problem with the triax and CS toy boxes is in reality unless you are playing a triax or CS military campagin your players really should not have that much access to that gear.

NG stuff is nice because that is the "comercial" grade gear that should be the most common amongst player groups in north america.

I do think psionics especially and magic could use another psyscape/federation of magic world book. Lemuria is about as close as we have gotten in ages for the latter and that stuff while potentially obtainable in north america now is still rare as hell.
Slight001
Hero

Unread post by Slight001 »

I have rather little interest in most of the PA's that so many talk about with such reverence... so I'm hoping for at least one PA that inspires me to actually want to use one.
"If your plan relies upon chance to succeed, then you've already failed."
"Sometimes to achieve the greatest good, one must commit great evil."
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

kaid wrote:
jaymz wrote:I am not sure how I feel about that many...things like this though are why the people who like Magic users and psychics feel they are not even thought about as it pertains to getting "toys". There is a LOT of emphasis on tech most of the time.

I do like them fleshing out a toybox for NG because that is toys players can actually reasonably have access to. The problem with the triax and CS toy boxes is in reality unless you are playing a triax or CS military campagin your players really should not have that much access to that gear.

NG stuff is nice because that is the "comercial" grade gear that should be the most common amongst player groups in north america.

I

I have no issue with fleshing out a toy box and product base....I just think 30 PAs is overkill but I also though the near 30 bots was overkill as well. we need more "normal" vehicles above anything else. The way everything is written you;d think everyone travels by and large in Mecha and only Mecha. It's all we have to travel in after all. :lol:

\m/
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

jaymz wrote:
kaid wrote:

I

I have no issue with fleshing out a toy box and product base....I just think 30 PAs is overkill but I also though the near 30 bots was overkill as well. we need more "normal" vehicles above anything else. The way everything is written you;d think everyone travels by and large in Mecha and only Mecha. It's all we have to travel in after all. :lol:

Well they did a good job with the bots actually having a pretty good range of support options to full combat variants. Having some actual nice exploration style bots that are not the size of AT-AT's was a pretty excellent addition.

I do expect NG-2 should also be a great book for normal land and hover vehicles and from the sounds of it water craft as well. Although one point to make is in a world with almost no roads through thick broken terrain and relatively unpopulated wilderness a vehicle that can walk overall will be easier to use than a wheeled vehicle.
Rimmerdal
Knight

jaymz wrote:
kaid wrote:

I

Its like robotech..there is how many VF and Cyclones? Its all about what people like and Rifts likes Power..whether it be Fire power, magic or Psychics.
taalismn wrote:

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Over 3 eras there are a total of 7 VF's (one that isn't canon), 4 Cyclones, and about 20 destroids or battloids for Earth. A period that covers 30 years. Most of these units did not serve all together but replaced by later models. Macross 1 vf and 5 destroids, ASC 4 vfs and about 12 battloids for specialized roles by and large, new gen 2 vf's 2 battloids and 4 cyclones). You'll notice the significantly low numbers by and large by era as opposed to the overall total. The exception is ASC Battloids but those were specialized models for their respective "armies" but all basically the same unit (and in my opinion unneeded but as this was for a TV show it is understandable why it was done that way)

Enemies have:

Zentraedi have 5 units (4 mecha fighter).

Masters have effectievly 5 (2 non canon upgraded models as well).

Invid have 6.

You'll notice again the relatively low numbers in use.

So not exactly a good example to use tus no it is not like robotech as those mecha are also IN the show and thus to be statted to represent the show.

There is zero reason to have 30 Power Armours. Zero. I could see at most 10-12 models and maybe even 15-20 as sensible (civilian, light, medium and heavy models in each category of utility, ground, air and aquatic). 30 is ludicrous in my opinion.

I know I am in the minority as most people just want shiny new toys as opposed to doing it in such a way that actually makes sense.

\m/
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Sureshot wrote:

Unlike car companies which have to be very competitive in a crowded market place. Pb is not constrained by that. I pay for the material in the books. I want it to be new material. I don't want one set of power armor rehashed 30 times. I don't think I'm asking for much.

No you're not but I for one rather have one book with all NG power armor vs 8 books with here and there

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Sureshot wrote:

No you're not but I for one rather have one book with all NG power armor vs 8 books with here and there

That is likely what accounts for like 6-8 of the 30 PAs in the book.

\m/
Rimmerdal
Knight

jaymz wrote:Over 3 eras there are a total of 7 VF's (one that isn't canon), 4 Cyclones, and about 20 destroids or battloids for Earth. A period that covers 30 years. Most of these units did not serve all together but replaced by later models. Macross 1 vf and 5 destroids, ASC 4 vfs and about 12 battloids for specialized roles by and large, new gen 2 vf's 2 battloids and 4 cyclones). You'll notice the significantly low numbers by and large by era as opposed to the overall total. The exception is ASC Battloids but those were specialized models for their respective "armies" but all basically the same unit (and in my opinion unneeded but as this was for a TV show it is understandable why it was done that way)

Enemies have:

Invid have 6.

So not exactly a good example to use tus no it is not like robotech as those mecha are also IN the show and thus to be statted to represent the show.

There is zero reason to have 30 Power Armours. Zero. I could see at most 10-12 models and maybe even 15-20 as sensible (civilian, light, medium and heavy models in each category of utility, ground, air and aquatic). 30 is ludicrous in my opinion.

I know I am in the minority as most people just want shiny new toys as opposed to doing it in such a way that actually makes sense.

I do understand the angle. I'd rather get whats needed than a shiny new PA too. Your probably not in the minority as you think a lot of folks would like alternate non-mecha options be tackled. They have what 6-12 new alternate cycles and ground craft. For me its the lack of other types of non-Mecha I don't fully get. Popularity is what sells was my point on the Robotech mecha. But you got that point so all is cool.
taalismn wrote:

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

jaymz wrote:Over 3 eras there are a total of 7 VF's (one that isn't canon), 4 Cyclones, and about 20 destroids or battloids for Earth. A period that covers 30 years. Most of these units did not serve all together but replaced by later models. Macross 1 vf and 5 destroids, ASC 4 vfs and about 12 battloids for specialized roles by and large, new gen 2 vf's 2 battloids and 4 cyclones). You'll notice the significantly low numbers by and large by era as opposed to the overall total. The exception is ASC Battloids but those were specialized models for their respective "armies" but all basically the same unit (and in my opinion unneeded but as this was for a TV show it is understandable why it was done that way)

Enemies have:

Invid have 6.

And this I will remind is coming someone who did a book for a number of veritech vehicles what was that total count 37.

Hystrix
Champion

Unread post by Hystrix »

Enemies have:

Invid have 6.

Agreed.

I'm already dissapointed and I havent even seen the book yet.

All I know is that NG1 wasn't all that great, and there was no need for the 27 (?) Bots they plugged. Heck most of them were the same anyway. Northern Gun could have been done in one book and it could have included more info on the Mantisque Imperium, but instead we get two books with a rediculouse amount of redundant Robots and Power Armor.

More isn't nessisarily better.
Hystrix, the Post Killer, Destroyer of Threads
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Yes and you will also notice it lists prototypes that were at best limited production or not produced at all, covers fast packs not actual mecha, and are several variants of mecha not new mecha.

For instance there are 7 entries that involve the VF-1 alone. Super models. Armoured Model. AWACS model. Prototype model. It's orbital booster system.

Others are there to show where the mecha in the show came from. IE Prototype Cyclones types and weapons.

There are 5 entries for the Alpha via prototype, fast packs, boosters and super variants.

There's 15 or so entries of the 37 right there. Involving what is essentially 3 types of mecha. IE not 15 different types.

I have no issue with variants. I have issue with what may be 30 new and separate units being put out.

Also you might want to be sure you have the facts rather than just throwing out a number to try and make me look bad. Especially since it is my file you are referring too.

\m/
Rimmerdal
Knight

Jaymz: I have no issue with variants. I have issue with what may be 30 new and separate units being put out.

Agree. Rifts, robotech or any other game if you put something new out it should have a purpose or replace an older obsolete unit. Like the Deep sea Samson's and other specialized units that were modded out for a particular role.
taalismn wrote:

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

jaymz wrote:Yes and you will also notice it lists prototypes that were at best limited production or not produced at all, covers fast packs not actual mecha, and are several variants of mecha not new mecha.

For instance there are 7 entries that involve the VF-1 alone. Super models. Armoured Model. AWACS model. Prototype model. It's orbital booster system.

Others are there to show where the mecha in the show came from. IE Prototype Cyclones types and weapons.

There are 5 entries for the Alpha via prototype, fast packs, boosters and super variants.

There's 15 or so entries of the 37 right there. Involving what is essentially 3 types of mecha. IE not 15 different types.

I have no issue with variants. I have issue with what may be 30 new and separate units being put out.

Also you might want to be sure you have the facts rather than just throwing out a number to try and make me look bad. Especially since it is my file you are referring too.

Still over 30 counting prototypes and not fast packs , boosters or armor added on, I'm not trying to you look bad just pointing it out.
But we can break it down
Veritech aircraft 18 different models
Veritech ground craft 16 different models
My bad I miscounted 3 on the the prototypes.
But that is still 34 different models/variants
And for the record he said 30 different type of power armor not 30 new power armor

rat_bastard
Kreelockian

Hystrix wrote:

Enemies have:

Invid have 6.

Agreed.

I'm already dissapointed and I havent even seen the book yet.

All I know is that NG1 wasn't all that great, and there was no need for the 27 (?) Bots they plugged. Heck most of them were the same anyway. Northern Gun could have been done in one book and it could have included more info on the Mantisque Imperium, but instead we get two books with a rediculouse amount of redundant Robots and Power Armor.

More isn't nessisarily better.

I too enjoy dismissing things I have not experienced as well. :P
Razzinold
Hero
Comment: HTTP 404 [witty comment not found]

Unread post by Razzinold »

Enemies have:

Invid have 6.

I don't think you are in the minority on this. I probably am though, almost to the point of being biased if truth be told :lol:
In all the years I've played Rifts (which is a lot) I have used Power Armour exactly twice. Once was by choice (I was the Power Armour Pilot out of Triax/NGR and piloted the Super Jager). Funny thing is I started out the campaign my PA and lost it before I was even a 1/4 of the way through, but I wasn't too upset because I was experimented on and was given a Guyver unit. The second time wasn't even by choice. I was invited to join the game and the GM was running an 'all Glitter Boy variant' game. I guess if someone wanted to knit pick I technically "chose" to play a PA because I could have refused to play the game and didn't.
I just see that as good manners though, if someone is nice enough to take the time and GM a game and invite you to play in it, you should be nice enough to go with the flow even though PA's are not necessarily your favourite thing.

I mean we've had guys play in our 'military style' campaigns and they had never willing rolled up a military character in their life.

So once again I say less bots and pa and more vehicles (be they hover or wheeled or tracked). :mrgreen:
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

OK you really want to do this ok

VF-0 - 3 entries

VF-1 - 7 entries (5 are not new mecha at all but add on systems or a refit)

Y/VF-4 - 3 entries

VF-5 - 3 entries also tying to the condor program

VF-6 - 5 entries (a couple are not even mecha at all and one is a refit)

vf-7 - really the only illogical and unnneeded entry in the whole file ( i just liked it and it fills a niche in the ASC)

VF-8 - 3 entries

Centaur - included as the predecessor to the spartas

Spartas - 2 entries

myrmidon

hargun

Modat/Garland - 2 entries

Weapon list for all Hargun and larger battloid/ ASC PA's (so not even mecha)

Cyclone Protoypes and the different cyclones (4 of which are the ones IN the game already and one new one which the 057 was based on)

Cyclone weapons system (no mecha here)

lrv-588 which I added in as a predecessor to the Silverback

the silver back

I see 14 mecha types (variations and prototypes are still effectively the same mecha as they are the same family and are not new types) some of which are predecessors to later models or prototypes included for completions sake. These mecha also cover a military over a 30 year period. There is a logical progression and inclusion for these. Comparing my file to what is being discussed is like comparing apples to onions. Not even the same category.

I'll agree, Yes 30 entries is what is said, but I'll point out that palladium is not known for showing us 1 unit with 5 variants but 5 different and/or new units...nor are they known for showing the older obsolete models alongside the newer replacement model.

Seeing as we have about what 7 ( ? ) NG PA's in the books at the moment, that leaves me with a fairly educated guess that there are going to be 20 NEW Power armours all being sold along side each other. Just as we got 20+ NEW robots in NG1. I have zero desire for a book full of that many items that are essentially nothing but icing when I would prefer more cake. Adding stats like that it to me is a lazy way to pad the page count with something shiny that people won't question. It is the same complaint I had about Triax 2. I hope I am wrong in this and that it is in some way less types with variants making up that 30 but we have no precedent to indicate it will be.

\m/
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

One thing to mention is probably like what we saw in NG1 I am guessing a fair amount of the power armor are going to be not necessarily military units but likely a fair amount of support units. Things like search and rescue/construction/loading/repair-reloading types of support/civilian models. Which would make sense its a useful role for power armor thats not really covered much at the moment and if you look at NG-1 about half the robot vehicles there are exploratory/search and rescue/support specialist vehicles.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Let's hope so.

\m/
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

jaymz wrote:OK you really want to do this ok

VF-0 - 3 entries

VF-1 - 7 entries (5 are not new mecha at all but add on systems or a refit)

Y/VF-4 - 3 entries

VF-5 - 3 entries also tying to the condor program

VF-6 - 5 entries (a couple are not even mecha at all and one is a refit)

vf-7 - really the only illogical and unnneeded entry in the whole file ( i just liked it and it fills a niche in the ASC)

VF-8 - 3 entries

Centaur - included as the predecessor to the spartas

Spartas - 2 entries

myrmidon

hargun

Modat/Garland - 2 entries

Weapon list for all Hargun and larger battloid/ ASC PA's (so not even mecha)

Cyclone Protoypes and the different cyclones (4 of which are the ones IN the game already and one new one which the 057 was based on)

Cyclone weapons system (no mecha here)

lrv-588 which I added in as a predecessor to the Silverback

the silver back

I see 14 mecha types (variations and prototypes are still effectively the same mecha as they are the same family and are not new types) some of which are predecessors to later models or prototypes included for completions sake. These mecha also cover a military over a 30 year period. There is a logical progression and inclusion for these. Comparing my file to what is being discussed is like comparing apples to onions. Not even the same category.

I'll agree, Yes 30 entries is what is said, but I'll point out that palladium is not known for showing us 1 unit with 5 variants but 5 different and/or new units...nor are they known for showing the older obsolete models alongside the newer replacement model.

Seeing as we have about what 7 ( ? ) NG PA's in the books at the moment, that leaves me with a fairly educated guess that there are going to be 20 NEW Power armours all being sold along side each other. Just as we got 20+ NEW robots in NG1. I have zero desire for a book full of that many items that are essentially nothing but icing when I would prefer more cake. Adding stats like that it to me is a lazy way to pad the page count with something shiny that people won't question. It is the same complaint I had about Triax 2. I hope I am wrong in this and that it is in some way less types with variants making up that 30 but we have no precedent to indicate it will be.

Honestly I think ng2 is going just be ng1 just another rifts book nothing really to write home about.

But as for the stuff before we are just going to have to agree to disagree on the that.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

kaid wrote:One thing to mention is probably like what we saw in NG1 I am guessing a fair amount of the power armor are going to be not necessarily military units but likely a fair amount of support units. Things like search and rescue/construction/loading/repair-reloading types of support/civilian models. Which would make sense its a useful role for power armor thats not really covered much at the moment and if you look at NG-1 about half the robot vehicles there are exploratory/search and rescue/support specialist vehicles.

True there is a giant void in the non-combat power armor area.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
kaid wrote:One thing to mention is probably like what we saw in NG1 I am guessing a fair amount of the power armor are going to be not necessarily military units but likely a fair amount of support units. Things like search and rescue/construction/loading/repair-reloading types of support/civilian models. Which would make sense its a useful role for power armor thats not really covered much at the moment and if you look at NG-1 about half the robot vehicles there are exploratory/search and rescue/support specialist vehicles.

True there is a giant void in the non-combat power armor area.

As well as the general vehicle area.

\m/
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

I assume there are going to be a lot of vehicles in NG-2. There are a lot of watercraft, aircraft and vehicles mentioned in NG-1 by name and even listed amongst the merc companies as part of their equipment lists.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

I like to seem a table of contents so it would be easy to figure out what's new and what types were made.

Return to “Rifts®”