The Next Major Event In Rifts

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

kaid
Knight

Re: The Next Major Event In Rifts

Unread post by kaid »

Or even easier simply use lots of earth elementals to keep earth quaking the xiticix birthing chambers. While the falling rocks likely would not kill adults outright it likely would kill the eggs and nits and xiticix do need to breath so if you keep smothering them eventually they will die from it. And an earth elemental could keep collapsing roofs faster than diggers could tunnel them all while swimming through the earth and thus basically unattackable. With some place like lazlo working with native american elemental shaman whose spirits would likely agree in helping collapse them.

Do that enough and more conventional forces could be used to mop up remainders.
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Who WOULD be able to deal with 4D intruders armed with nukes?
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
Nekira Sudacne
Monk
Comment: The Munchkin Fairy

Unread post by Nekira Sudacne »

Killer Cyborg wrote:Who WOULD be able to deal with 4D intruders armed with nukes?

Anyone who puts up permancy ward dimensional barriers around their stronghold.

Also Promethians.
Sometimes, you're like a beacon of light in the darkness, giving me some hope for humankind. ~ Killer Cyborg

You can have something done good, fast and cheap. If you want it done good and fast, it's not going to be cheap. If you want it done fast and cheap it won't be good. If you want something done good and cheap it won't be done fast. ~ Dark Brandon
Killer Cyborg
Priest
Comment: "Your Eloquence with a sledge hammer is a beautiful thing..." -Zer0 Kay

Unread post by Killer Cyborg »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Killer Cyborg wrote:Who WOULD be able to deal with 4D intruders armed with nukes?

Anyone who puts up permancy ward dimensional barriers around their stronghold.

Also Promethians.

That's going to be a VERY small percent of the population.
Annual Best Poster of the Year Awards (2012)

"That rifle on the wall of the laborer's cottage or working class flat is the symbol of democracy. It is our job to see that it stays there." -George Orwell

Check out my Author Page on Amazon!
random_username
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Just an old dude Gamer (GM and Player) who had the honor of gaming with several great groups of folks over the years.

Unread post by random_username »

General Rifts summary of recent events: Rifts Aftermath. Aims for a basic summary of as many organizations/empires/etc as of 109 P.A. However entire book is essentially just setting info rather than any item details, etc. Probably a good place to start then check out later books.
https://palladium-store.com/1001/product/846-Rifts-Aftermath.html Book.
http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com/product/61143/Rifts-Aftermath?manufacturers_id=2627 E-Book.

Triax 2 covers CS/NGR stuff as well.

From these and other books issues there seems to be a strong leaning towards Xiticix being the next major mass carnage event/impending doom since they on the verge of becoming effectively unstoppable due to population growth. Interestingly this may have already been 'quietly' dealt with at the end of WB23 (circa 105 PA) however it remains listed as still unresolved in CWC07: Aftermath as far as the CS is aware.

OTHER SOLID EVENTS:

Federation of Magic explosion in unity and population due to the fall of Tolkeen is leaning towards an active military buildup equivalent which is motivated by hatred for the CS. So this certainly has potential.

Monster Kingdom / Calgary Super Rift: Expanding empire. Possibly next big event for Cyber-Knight order.

Vampire Kingdom vs Vampire Kingdom warfare: Has interesting possibilities. Weaken each other, leave one in control of area allowing it to expand unimpeded, push one north further into North America, and so forth.
Last edited by random_username on Mon Aug 26, 2013 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If something makes the RPG experience better that's great. If not don't use it.

If not overly informative hopefully it was at least mildly amusing. Munchkin Clown Away! <fwoosh... honk, honk>
FrankSerpico
D-Bee

Unread post by FrankSerpico »

Vampire Kingdom vs Vampire Kingdom warfare: Has interesting possibilities. Weaken each other, leave one in control of area allowing it to expand unimpeded, push one north further into North America, and so forth.

^I'd love to see an expanded New West/Mexico book that gives us a Vamp Kingdom civil war to deal with along with updated info on the Baronies, Indian tribes and Pecos Empire and how both the fall of Tolkeen and war in the Vamp Kingdoms have affected them.
Rimmerdal
Knight
Comment: Official Member of the 'Transformers don't need Humans Club'

Unread post by Rimmerdal »

FrankSerpico wrote:Vampire Kingdom vs Vampire Kingdom warfare: Has interesting possibilities. Weaken each other, leave one in control of area allowing it to expand unimpeded, push one north further into North America, and so forth.

^I'd love to see an expanded New West/Mexico book that gives us a Vamp Kingdom civil war to deal with along with updated info on the Baronies, Indian tribes and Pecos Empire and how both the fall of Tolkeen and war in the Vamp Kingdoms have affected them.

The pecos empire would certainly be more aware and on guard now that tolkeen fell. Could also see them being the frontline in a Vampire Kingdom uprising..which means the CS will have a choice..take out the Pecos and face the onslought of a unified vamp front or let them live and still have enough forces to stop the inevitable Federation attack that will follow the Vampire kingdom uprising.

eitherway very interesting results.
taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:mmm Rifts street meat..

Flooper. Fried, broiled, or chipped.
It's like eating Chinese.
FLOOP! And you're hungry again.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

From the new vampire source book it looks like its about show time in mexico/central america. Vampires have been trying to assassinate reid enough and his planning has reached the right point he is about to drop the ball and go to war on the vampire kingdoms and has a pretty reasonable shot at exterminating at least one vamp intelligence in the initial actions. He is also having his forces bolstered by 10,000 lemurians who found out about the vampire kingdoms and sent a small army that is giving supplies and assistance to the locals to help fight the vampire kingdoms. They are also bringing with them some small biocreated animals to help sniff out vampires and they are pretty darn good at it.

I doubt they will completly eliminate the vampire threat but it it is a pretty solid start and at least a few of the vampire kingdoms are likely to fall pretty fast. After that you will probably see one or two alien ints figure its getting a bit to hot in the kitchen and bailing out. After that it likely stalemates with the forces under reids controls not wanting to spread themselves to thin and needing time to rehabilitate and train up people they have rescued to push farther.

If it gets to that stage the vampires may be screwed because at that point even killing off reid is just going to make him a martyr and if the lemurians are willing to keep helping their forces are likely going to be devestatingly effective in the jungles of central america even more so if they are willing to bring in one of their smaller cities for full on support. They can literally have one of their home cities following their army around so they would have next to no supply lines to worry about and given their cities ability to teleport from ley line to ley line they could move entire armies around central america to hit and run in massive force.
Rimmerdal
Knight

kaid wrote:From the new vampire source book it looks like its about show time in mexico/central america. Vampires have been trying to assassinate reid enough and his planning has reached the right point he is about to drop the ball and go to war on the vampire kingdoms and has a pretty reasonable shot at exterminating at least one vamp intelligence in the initial actions. He is also having his forces bolstered by 10,000 lemurians who found out about the vampire kingdoms and sent a small army that is giving supplies and assistance to the locals to help fight the vampire kingdoms. They are also bringing with them some small biocreated animals to help sniff out vampires and they are pretty darn good at it.

I doubt they will completly eliminate the vampire threat but it it is a pretty solid start and at least a few of the vampire kingdoms are likely to fall pretty fast. After that you will probably see one or two alien ints figure its getting a bit to hot in the kitchen and bailing out. After that it likely stalemates with the forces under reids controls not wanting to spread themselves to thin and needing time to rehabilitate and train up people they have rescued to push farther.

If it gets to that stage the vampires may be screwed because at that point even killing off reid is just going to make him a martyr and if the lemurians are willing to keep helping their forces are likely going to be devestatingly effective in the jungles of central america even more so if they are willing to bring in one of their smaller cities for full on support. They can literally have one of their home cities following their army around so they would have next to no supply lines to worry about and given their cities ability to teleport from ley line to ley line they could move entire armies around central america to hit and run in massive force.

Plus reid has plot armour..though I suspect if he does die his necro buddy will die too. and Carter and his little Psi-stalker will be their killers. Which leaves the debate..who will lead the Rangers? I can't see Lazerous staying since he knows Carter and his friends can take him out..Likely lazerous and the dragon will vanish to be a thorn in the side the rangers. Lazerous will also be compition in mexico since Carter is the most likely to take command of the rangers. so they'd be good rivals.
taalismn wrote:

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Really at this point if any all of the leaders of the rangers die it probably no longer matters. If they managed to pull off killing one or more vamp intelligence the act of successful defiance would make them into epic heroes. If something kills them it just immortalizes them and what they built will roll on probably even with more fury than it currently has. If the lemurians decide to even set one of their cities actively engaging in the conflict the only vamp kingdoms that had any chance of surviving would be the in the yucatan and I think its mostly the bat demon guy there.
Rimmerdal
Knight

kaid wrote:Really at this point if any all of the leaders of the rangers die it probably no longer matters. If they managed to pull off killing one or more vamp intelligence the act of successful defiance would make them into epic heroes. If something kills them it just immortalizes them and what they built will roll on probably even with more fury than it currently has. If the lemurians decide to even set one of their cities actively engaging in the conflict the only vamp kingdoms that had any chance of surviving would be the in the yucatan and I think its mostly the bat demon guy there.

ya and Carter would be a good leader so in theory they Doc reid could go off and get killed and the rangers would survive..they might even be better off since he and Lazerous are the real source of any the negative PR they get. Still would love to see lazerous and his pack go rogue and form a second branch of the rangers. Might make for good intrigue. will need to see how they handle that.
taalismn wrote:

Vrykolas2k
Champion
Location: A snow-covered forest, littered with the bones of my slain enemies...

Unread post by Vrykolas2k »

Mack wrote:I'm kinda thinking it would nice to have some nice alien-on-monster action where humans are just caught in the middle. Such as a group of mages "arranging" for the Megaverse in Flames to drop on top the Xiticix.

I like this...
Eyes without life, maggot-ridden corpses, mountains of skulls... these are a few of my favourite things.

I am the first angel, loved once above all others...

Light a man a fire, and he's warm for a day; light a man on fire, and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Turning the other cheek just gets you slapped harder.

The Smiling Bandit (Strikes Again!! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!)
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Vrykolas2k wrote:
Mack wrote:I'm kinda thinking it would nice to have some nice alien-on-monster action where humans are just caught in the middle. Such as a group of mages "arranging" for the Megaverse in Flames to drop on top the Xiticix.

I like this...

I kinda get the feeling this may happen a bit in megaverse in flames. Really it is one of the better ways in cannon to cut the xiticix down to some kind of managable size and a conflict vs the two could and probably would splash onto the northern CS state of iron heart and the northern gun so it would turn into a three of four way brawl pretty fast once the demons from the calgary rift start trying to move to try and take over anything.
Rimmerdal
Knight

kaid wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

I like this...

I kinda get the feeling this may happen a bit in megaverse in flames. Really it is one of the better ways in cannon to cut the xiticix down to some kind of managable size and a conflict vs the two could and probably would splash onto the northern CS state of iron heart and the northern gun so it would turn into a three of four way brawl pretty fast once the demons from the calgary rift start trying to move to try and take over anything.

Would make sense to weaken the monsters. Wouldn't Atlantis get in that mess somehow though? Might they try and find the Xiticix home world and strike a killing blow or atleast seal it up to protect there investments on earth?
taalismn wrote:

Alrik Vas
Knight
Comment: Don't waste your time gloating over a wounded enemy. Pull the damn trigger.

Unread post by Alrik Vas »

Rimmerdal wrote:
kaid wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

I like this...

Would make sense to weaken the monsters. Wouldn't Atlantis get in that mess somehow though? Might they try and find the Xiticix home world and strike a killing blow or atleast seal it up to protect there investments on earth?

It's possible they would, but I think they'd more than likely arm someone else to do the job, then crush said catspaw afterward. Seems more of the Sploogie way.
Mark Hall wrote:Y'all seem to assume that Palladium books are written with the same exacting precision with which they are analyzed. I think that is... ambitious.

Talk from the Edge: Operation Dead Lift, Operation Reload, Operation Human Devil, Operation Handshake, Operation Windfall 1, Operation Windfall 2, Operation Sniper Wolf, Operation Natural 20
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

could see the Slpugorth hiring the Megaversal Legion via a third party. take out the Xit's, and weaken a major rival? win/win.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Rimmerdal
Knight

Alrik Vas wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:
kaid wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

I like this...

It's possible they would, but I think they'd more than likely arm someone else to do the job, then crush said catspaw afterward. Seems more of the Sploogie way.

They have two Merc units active in NA to do that. Armagenon unlimited, The sploogie controled company and Mehpisto's horsemen..they all have atlantis connection..theres a few fall guys there.

could see the Slpugorth hiring the Megaversal Legion via a third party. take out the Xit's, and weaken a major rival? win/win.

another option..
taalismn wrote:

Blue_Lion
Knight

Unread post by Blue_Lion »

Personally I came up with a plot to have a FoM at war. Imagine FoM tring to take new Lazlo, mage on mage warfare. Of course I use a nasty insane TW factory rifting in to stir things up.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Master of Type-O and the obvios.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin
Comment: 24 was the start... We are Legion.

Unread post by Pepsi Jedi »

kaid wrote:
Vrykolas2k wrote:

I like this...

I'd proposed this a few years ago. That the Megaverse in Flames stuff landed up in Xit territory and helped to 'lesson' the threat of the bugs. The Demons and Devils having to clear out some room to fight and taking out a majority of the bugs. Not all of them mind you but enough so the "Threat" is manageable.

This weakens the demons and devils to the point that they don't just face roll the human powers.

Human powers still are overwhelmed to the point they need to team up to not be irradicated. FQ, CS, NG, maybe even Lazlo and New Lazlo all have to team up to push back.

They take a serious hit, but working together they 'repel' the invasion of Rifts earth from the 'weakened' Forces of Demons and Devils.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

James Tiberius Kirk: Well, not _only_...
Balabanto
Champion

Unread post by Balabanto »

Actually, I hope the Coalition takes a hit during Megaverse in Flames. They need to.

The Xiticix also need to take a hit during Megaverse in Flames. Really, they are the dumbest thing in Rifts and need to go. Soon!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

I think the CS taking the hit will be built in. To slow down their advances and what not.

It might even be enough, if coupled with fighting along side Lazlo and New Lazlo to make them lighten up a bit on he no Debees no Magic thing. But perhaps not. It depends on how Kev wants to swing them.

Lt. Nyota Uhura: I'm impressed. For a moment there, I thought you were just a dumb hick who only has sex with farm animals.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin
Comment: Full of Love and C-4, give me a hug.

Unread post by Mech-Viper Prime »

Balabanto wrote:Actually, I hope the Coalition takes a hit during Megaverse in Flames. They need to.

The Xiticix also need to take a hit during Megaverse in Flames. Really, they are the dumbest thing in Rifts and need to go. Soon!

I feel the same only with NGR should take a bigger hit.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Balabanto wrote:Actually, I hope the Coalition takes a hit during Megaverse in Flames. They need to.

Is the NGR unbalanced against other powers in its region the way the CS is?

--flatline
I don't care about canon answers. I'm interested in good, well-reasoned answers and, perhaps, a short discussion of how that answer is supported or contradicted by canon.

If I don't provide a book and page number, then don't assume that I'm describing canon. I'll tell you if I'm describing canon.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Rimmerdal wrote:
kaid wrote:Really at this point if any all of the leaders of the rangers die it probably no longer matters. If they managed to pull off killing one or more vamp intelligence the act of successful defiance would make them into epic heroes. If something kills them it just immortalizes them and what they built will roll on probably even with more fury than it currently has. If the lemurians decide to even set one of their cities actively engaging in the conflict the only vamp kingdoms that had any chance of surviving would be the in the yucatan and I think its mostly the bat demon guy there.

ya and Carter would be a good leader so in theory they Doc reid could go off and get killed and the rangers would survive..they might even be better off since he and Lazerous are the real source of any the negative PR they get. Still would love to see lazerous and his pack go rogue and form a second branch of the rangers. Might make for good intrigue. will need to see how they handle that.

If reid dies he basically becomes anti-vampire jesus to the people of central america/texas and the southern US. If the vampires are stupid enough to assassinate him he goes from being a flawed man into a messiah and instead of destroying the rangers probably winds up expanding their ranks incredibly. They are no longer a merc orginization they are now basically the church of the followers of Reid with all the zelotry and fanaticism that entails.
kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

--flatline

Well it would make sense for them to take a big brunt of the attack given in a demon versus devil war an area covered with one factions army is going to wind up a huge battlefield. While the NGR may take a hit from this I think the gargoyle empire which is already shaken and divided after the the events in Triax2 probably becomes completely shattered. So while Triax +NGR is likely to get hurt bad I think overall the minion war likely would wind up decimating their opponents the brodkil and the gargoyles. If the emperor of the gargoyles gets killed during the fight his followers will mostly abandon the tech they have which will make them pretty easy prey for the NGR.
FrankSerpico
D-Bee

Unread post by FrankSerpico »

I don't have the revised Vamp Kingdoms book, did it have any new info on the merc outpost at Tampico? IIRC they were unconnected to Reid's Rangers. Ran a campaign where my PCs ended up aiding them years ago, and were rewarded with the use of Tampico as a de facto port/staging area for missions.
popscythe
Adventurer
Comment: Mecha-sized flamethrowers, dudes! *woooooosh* :heart:

Unread post by popscythe »

FrankSerpico wrote:I don't have the revised Vamp Kingdoms book, did it have any new info on the merc outpost at Tampico? IIRC they were unconnected to Reid's Rangers. Ran a campaign where my PCs ended up aiding them years ago, and were rewarded with the use of Tampico as a de facto port/staging area for missions.

Vampires Sourcebook has the info about Tampico Military Protectorate. Good stuff!
Zarathustra was extremely accurate. He was talking about you, man.
Whoops! Looks like I was wrong about where Mos Eisley's located.
Victorious on Final Jeopardy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pilrszSXGiI
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

--flatline

NGR faces a limited threat vs the various threat the CS faces. While the CS has experience fighting demons ,NGR doesn't have the same experience, so if the mega verse in flames only effects a limited area in North America and not the entire rifts earth, then it's not really a storyline or book worth getting into, just another book for the anti CS folks to cheer about vs any actual worth to rifts earth in anyway.
Ravenwing wrote:"Killing Dbee's isn't murder, they aren't human, it's pest control!"

Zardoz wrote:You have been raised up from Brutality, to kill the Brutals who multiply, and are legion. To this end, Zardoz your God gave you the gift of the Gun. The Gun is good!
Pepsi Jedi
Palladin

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
flatline wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:

--flatline

NGR faces a limited threat vs the various threat the CS faces. While the CS has experience fighting demons ,NGR doesn't have the same experience, so if the mega verse in flames only effects a limited area in North America and not the entire rifts earth, then it's not really a storyline or book worth getting into, just another book for the anti CS folks to cheer about vs any actual worth to rifts earth in anyway.

Well to be fair, Gargoyles are demons. So the NGR has pretty extensive experience in fighting them. Just specialized.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

True PJ but not demons with magic, NGR has face sub-demons, but nothing above that, so facing a army of tech using sub demons is not the same as facing an army of demons with magic, while CS hasn't face it, but they do have more experience in fighting magic and has specialist troops for it vs what the NGR hasn't experience dealing with it

Blue_Lion
Knight

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:True PJ but not demons with magic, NGR has face sub-demons, but nothing above that, so facing a army of tech using sub demons is not the same as facing an army of demons with magic, while CS hasn't face it, but they do have more experience in fighting magic and has specialist troops for it vs what the NGR has in dealing with it

Not true the darker part of Tolkeen forces used demons heavely. So the CS has expernce fighting deamons and sub demons.
The Clones are coming you shall all be replaced, but who is to say you have not been replaced already.

Soon my army oc clones and winged-monkies will rule the world but first, must .......

I may debate canon and RAW, but the games I run are highly house ruled. So I am not debating for how I play but about how the system works as written.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Blue_Lion wrote:
Mech-Viper Prime wrote:True PJ but not demons with magic, NGR has face sub-demons, but nothing above that, so facing a army of tech using sub demons is not the same as facing an army of demons with magic, while CS hasn't face it, but they do have more experience in fighting magic and has specialist troops for it vs what the NGR has in dealing with it

Not true the darker part of Tolkeen forces used demons heavely. So the CS has expernce fighting deamons and sub demons.

Somewhat, deamons being part of army of combined forces is one thing but being an army of magic using daemons is a different story.

kaid
Knight

Unread post by kaid »

Mech-Viper Prime wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:

Somewhat, deamons being part of army of combined forces is one thing but being an army of magic using daemons is a different story.

I think it is pretty safe to assume with their patrols of the St Louis arch, their on going brush war with the federation of magic and the recent tolkeen conflict and all the shifters in general they come into conflict with the CS has a pretty good base of information of demons and devils in combat.

Pretty much anything up to demon/devil lords are probably something they have had to deal with and fight for a long long time at least on a small scale.
Rimmerdal
Knight

Rappanui wrote:
taalismn wrote:The Flooper Invasion.
We finally see the true evil behind these aliens' happy-go-lucky exteriors and learn the truth of what 'floop-floop-floop!' REALLY means.

I fully support turning the Flooper invasion into a 12 series once a month 224 page MEga campaign for rifts. with Laminated covers made from baby harp seal skin, and Gold Foil Trimming, and a Bookmark made from tail of a skinned red fox.

I'd buy that book, and you could have them send you to the arctic to club the seal your self as promo. :)
taalismn wrote:

taalismn
Priest

Unread post by taalismn »

Rimmerdal wrote:
Rappanui wrote:
We finally see the true evil behind these aliens' happy-go-lucky exteriors and learn the truth of what 'floop-floop-floop!' REALLY means.

I fully support turning the Flooper invasion into a 12 series once a month 224 page MEga campaign for rifts. with Laminated covers made from baby harp seal skin, and Gold Foil Trimming, and a Bookmark made from tail of a skinned red fox.

I'd buy that book, and you could have them send you to the arctic to club the seal your self as promo. :)

Which gets your name printed in blood in each edition as a Palladium Insider, and also gets you put on Greenpeace's hit list.
-------------
"Trouble rather the Tiger in his Lair,
Than the Sage among his Books,
For all the Empires and Kingdoms,
The Armies and Works that you hold Dear,
Are to him but the Playthings of the Moment,
To be turned over with the Flick of a Finger,
And the Turning of a Page"

--------Rudyard Kipling
------------
Rimmerdal
Knight

taalismn wrote:
Rimmerdal wrote:
Rappanui wrote:

Which gets your name printed in blood in each edition as a Palladium Insider, and also gets you put on Greenpeace's hit list.

Greenpeace are a bunch Ganja-smoking hippies...what can they do? :P but don't ask me to catch a fox...My grandfather was the expert trapper.

But that said there are tons of smaller place unmentiioned. that could help fill out spots like the Mid-west and west coast after they get the stuff already in the works done.
taalismn wrote:

Blue_Lion
Knight

How about they just finish what they started then we can see where to go next.

Rimmerdal
Knight

Blue_Lion wrote:How about they just finish what they started then we can see where to go next.

ya, thats been mentioned. this for after they finish the current jobs I would think.
taalismn wrote:

Blue_Lion
Knight

How about if you want book X write it and submit it. PB staff needs to clean up their out box before we can see what needs done. Depending on the outcome of megaverse at war one book may be more desired then others.

Rimmerdal
Knight

Blue_Lion wrote:How about if you want book X write it and submit it. PB staff needs to clean up their out box before we can see what needs done. Depending on the outcome of megaverse at war one book may be more desired then others.

Would be nice to see a few of the forums ideas on paper. Plenty of good ideas on these pages. :)
taalismn wrote:

Blue_Lion
Knight

Rimmerdal wrote:
Blue_Lion wrote:How about if you want book X write it and submit it. PB staff needs to clean up their out box before we can see what needs done. Depending on the outcome of megaverse at war one book may be more desired then others.

Would be nice to see a few of the forums ideas on paper. Plenty of good ideas on these pages. :)

Well I am doinga write up of a company I posted on the forums for new TW gear, that I intend to submit. (Actualy it is a part of larger prodject I am working on but even if I submit it may never see print.)

Blue_Lion
Knight

Rappanui wrote:Right. So how do we fill up 1440 pages of flooper invasion..
..I know. It's A FLIP BOOk

well you can fill 500 pages by reprintin stuff from old books and hope no one notices.
200 pages on hook line and sinker. 150 pages on gear. 30 pages expanding floopers. Lets see full page art say 200 pages. Map and discriptions of town cities that are destroyed, 50. 25 pages on the floopers home wold. 50 pages on new-races. 30 pages on tables and quick find. 50 pages on new magic spells that only type mage X has. How much more space do I need to waste?

jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

Ninjabunny wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:I'm wondering if the "Megaverse in flames' Might not "Partially solve" the Xits problem. The Demons and Devils rift onto earth in Northern NA, and they and the Bugs go to war over that area. The minions defeat and kill off most of the bugs at great losses to their own numbers.

Then when the bugs are no longer the pressing problem, the much much much weakened Demons and Devils are set upon by the CS and Lazlo and the Fed, and only due to having lost millions and millions to the Xits, do they eventually lose to the Earth forces.

Which also get trashed and have to go home and lick their own wounds.

PERHAPS... with one of the magic groups saving the CS's hide in the war and making the CS start to re-evaluate their 'Anti magic/anti dbee' mindset. Even if it's just a grass roots thing starting to gain traction.

Mmost we could hope for is a more Traix/NGR approach.

Agreed though, if Joseph ends up in power I could see the Vanguard brought in as the black ops/men in black of the CS eventually too.
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Rimmerdal
Knight

Don't forget pop up sections and some fun stuff for the kids like colouring pages and puzzles. :)
taalismn wrote:

Blue_Lion
Knight

Rimmerdal wrote:

Don't forget pop up sections and some fun stuff for the kids like colouring pages and puzzles. :)

I think we are going to need more pages.

Kagashi
Champion

Unread post by Kagashi »

Personally, I'd like to see the CAN Republic and Freedom Station finally come to blows after battling the Arkhon fleet in a Rifts Space 110 PA update.
I want to see from Palladium:
Updated Aug 2015
-Rifts: Dark Woods/Deep South, Space 110 PA, Scandinavia
-Mechanoids: Space (MDC)
-Robotech: Errata for Marines timeline, Masters Deluxe with SC and UEEF gear, Spaceships
-Updated Errata for post-2006 printings of Rifts books
-Searchable, quality PDFs/E-pubs of current Rifts titles
Rimmerdal
Knight

Kagashi wrote:Personally, I'd like to see the CAN Republic and Freedom Station finally come to blows after battling the Arkhon fleet in a Rifts Space 110 PA update.

Rift Trek: The Next gener...er Rifts: the return of the cyber...er Space wars might nice..that and a group humans/earth folks getting off planet could fit in there. Hell get Erin Tarn up there as well and have Victor too.
taalismn wrote:

Colonel_Tetsuya
Champion

Unread post by Colonel_Tetsuya »

Nekira Sudacne wrote:
Pepsi Jedi wrote:I'm wondering if the "Megaverse in flames' Might not "Partially solve" the Xits problem. The Demons and Devils rift onto earth in Northern NA, and they and the Bugs go to war over that area. The minions defeat and kill off most of the bugs at great losses to their own numbers.

Then when the bugs are no longer the pressing problem, the much much much weakened Demons and Devils are set upon by the CS and Lazlo and the Fed, and only due to having lost millions and millions to the Xits, do they eventually lose to the Earth forces.

I'll be honest. I never saw the xitixic as much of a global threat. a pair of temporal raiders with 4d transformation could wipe them out pretty darn easially. they have 0 defence aginst it. Just have them go 4d, explore until they find the queens chamber, drop off some nukes there, pop back 4d to escape the explosion. Lather, rinse, repeat. with some logistical backing and funding from Lazlo they could have the xitixic exterminated in under a year.

For similar reasons, ive never found the entire N/A setting to be really all that believable or functional. The entire setting has a great premise, but given that it started being written when technology was so far below what it is even now that the "high tech" of Rifts Earth is absurdly low-tech in most cases...

yeah.

Its why, for instance, despite being "super anti-magic fascist zealots" - the CS to me was never credible. They know the Colorado Baronies exist - one of their own states is only 300 miles away for cripes sake! There is literally no reason of any kind for the Colorado Baronies to continue to exist. They could be wiped out in a single afternoon by a handful of scout squads with laser designators guiding in long-range missile strikes launched from secure bases in CS Chi-Town. Simple inertial navigation will get them close enough to pick up the designators and them BOOM, no more Colorado Baronies and no real risk to the CS other than the potential loss of (at most) a single company of CS Rangers.

Same with Arzno, or any of the other non-Federation of Magic / Tolkeen-sized magic kingdoms.

Kingsdale is not even 200 miles from CS territory. It could just be bombarded out of existence from secure bases without even worrying about guys on the ground to guide the missiles in.

TL:DR version; for much the same reason Nekira never found the Xiticix to be a credible danger to the setting... i dont really find the setting credible to *itself* in almost all cases without a serious case of just ignoring the giant gaping holes and glaring flaws.
Im loving the Foes list; it's the only thing keeping me from tearing out my eyes from the dumb.
Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Rimmerdal wrote:
Kagashi wrote:Personally, I'd like to see the CAN Republic and Freedom Station finally come to blows after battling the Arkhon fleet in a Rifts Space 110 PA update.

Rift Trek: The Next gener...er Rifts: the return of the cyber...er Space wars might nice..that and a group humans/earth folks getting off planet could fit in there. Hell get Erin Tarn up there as well and have Victor too.

I find the entire rifts space the biggest failure of all, space stations, moon colony and both the CS and NGR having space programs, but yet no one can see the space colonies on moon, or the happenings in orbit, funny all those power house tech nations and not a single telescope between any of them.

Mech-Viper Prime
Palladin

Colonel_Tetsuya wrote:
Nekira Sudacne wrote:

I'll be honest. I never saw the xitixic as much of a global threat. a pair of temporal raiders with 4d transformation could wipe them out pretty darn easially. they have 0 defence aginst it. Just have them go 4d, explore until they find the queens chamber, drop off some nukes there, pop back 4d to escape the explosion. Lather, rinse, repeat. with some logistical backing and funding from Lazlo they could have the xitixic exterminated in under a year.

For similar reasons, ive never found the entire N/A setting to be really all that believable or functional. The entire setting has a great premise, but given that it started being written when technology was so far below what it is even now that the "high tech" of Rifts Earth is absurdly low-tech in most cases...

yeah.

Its why, for instance, despite being "super anti-magic fascist zealots" - the CS to me was never credible. They know the Colorado Baronies exist - one of their own states is only 300 miles away for cripes sake! There is literally no reason of any kind for the Colorado Baronies to continue to exist. They could be wiped out in a single afternoon by a handful of scout squads with laser designators guiding in long-range missile strikes launched from secure bases in CS Chi-Town. Simple inertial navigation will get them close enough to pick up the designators and them BOOM, no more Colorado Baronies and no real risk to the CS other than the potential loss of (at most) a single company of CS Rangers.

Same with Arzno, or any of the other non-Federation of Magic / Tolkeen-sized magic kingdoms.

Kingsdale is not even 200 miles from CS territory. It could just be bombarded out of existence from secure bases without even worrying about guys on the ground to guide the missiles in.

TL:DR version; for much the same reason Nekira never found the Xiticix to be a credible danger to the setting... i dont really find the setting credible to *itself* in almost all cases without a serious case of just ignoring the giant gaping holes and glaring flaws.

Or the despite they have exploration group, there are no bases outside the CS area, it's not like Colorado baronies are 200 hours flight hours away, it's under 2 hours by death head transport, so depending on how many transports, and their troop cargo you could have force of 1000 soldiers on the ground with some power armor, and robot vehicle support, to set a base in the area, but yet they haven't but sent 30,000 troops over to NGR.

Return to “Rifts®”