ROBOTECH BATTLES: START SPREADING THE NEWS _ KICKSTARTER INB

Whether it is a Veritech or a Valkyrie, Robotech or Macross II, Earth is in danger eitherway. Grab your mecha and fight the good fight.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

rtsurfer
Adventurer

ROBOTECH BATTLES: START SPREADING THE NEWS _ KICKSTARTER INB

Unread post by rtsurfer »

"ROBOTECH BATTLES: START SPREADING THE NEWS _ KICKSTARTER INBOUND!!"

"Our partner in this venture is Ninja Division which brings together the design talents of Soda Pop Miniatures and Cipher Studios, makers of the popular and fun Super Dungeon™ Explore, Relic Knights™, Helldorado™ and Anima Tactics™. Together we are working to bring you the best quality game pieces, design and rules for Robotech® RPG Tactics™. Anyone who knows miniatures and table-top gaming knows these guys are all about quality."

"For the first time ever, we plan to bring you ALL eras of Robotech® mecha in one consistent scale – 1/285th scale. If the market wants it, we’ll produce a secondary line of game pieces at a larger size, such as Cyclones at 28 mm."

"Be the first. Don’t forget, your participation in the Kickstarter will get you a wide range of game pieces, product and cool collectibles before any of it ever hits store shelves. And let me say, Robotech fans, there will be a lot of things you will want. I know, because I want them. We are working with Ninja Division, right now, to figure out all the cool swag you’ll be able to get in this offer."

Read the entire report here:
http://robotechbattles.blogspot.com/201 ... bound.html

Palladium Books® Weekly Update – February 21, 2013
By Kevin Siembieda
http://www.palladiumbooks.com/index.php ... Itemid=183
Hound
Wanderer

Re: ROBOTECH BATTLES: START SPREADING THE NEWS _ KICKSTARTER INB

Unread post by Hound »

Gryphon wrote:I would love to see this, but shouldn't they actually succeed in their current kickstarter before they tackle another?!

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! If I put money into the NG kickstarters I'd be angry as hell... they did decent with the Lemuria KS... but these NG books need to get published before they even mention another kickstarter....
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Hound wrote:
Gryphon wrote:I would love to see this, but shouldn't they actually succeed in their current kickstarter before they tackle another?!

Couldn't have said it better myself!!! If I put money into the NG kickstarters I'd be angry as hell... they did decent with the Lemuria KS... but these NG books need to get published before they even mention another kickstarter....

All indication are the other company will be running the kickstarter not Palladium Books.

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

I don't think I'm gonna put money into this...first priority should've been Northern Gun...not this thing.
They can't see me...Right!?
Alpha 11
Palladin

Unread post by Alpha 11 »

Hope to get some details soon.
rtsurfer
Adventurer

http://www.facebook.com/NinjaDivision

First Image (supposedly a first pass)

They have just posted a new image of the Spartan
Continuing our updates, the Spartan has just come out of the shop and will be awaiting orders from worthy UEDF commanders. Who will take up the mantle to defend mankind?
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

Yeah I saw that. Did not want to bring it up here being a newer member.
Looks cool. Bring on the MASTERS! I want VHT's and Bioroids!!
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
jaymz
Palladin
Comment: Yeah yeah yeah just give me my damn XP already :)

Unread post by jaymz »

I am looking more forward to this if THAT is the kind of detail we will see....
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
Shawn Merrow

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
Alpha 11
Palladin

Saw them on another thread. Want them now! :badbad:
ZINO
Knight
Comment: NEVER QUIT..... I got lucky

Unread post by ZINO »

me too Want them now!
one word man"EPIC"!!!! :D
let your YES be YES and your NO be NO but plz no maybe
Alpha 11
Palladin

MilkManX wrote:Yeah I saw that. Did not want to bring it up here being a newer member.

Dido. Really looking forward to the VHTs!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Alpha 11 wrote:
MilkManX wrote:Yeah I saw that. Did not want to bring it up here being a newer member.

i hope we can as far as making IMU !!!!!want all the mecha
Alpha 11
Palladin

ZINO wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:

i hope we can as far as making IMU !!!!!want all the mecha

Same here!
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Robotech Master John Cadice talks Robotech at the GAMA Trade Show. Kickstarting in April, Ninja Division (Soda Pop Miniatures/Cypher Studios) has the license from Palladium Books and Harmony Gold to produce one hell of a miniatures game. And if the protoculture gods are with us, we could be looking at RIFTS Miniatures. Still think there's a chance for peace, Lynn Kyle?

http://youtu.be/iaFNHyj3Xj0
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Well it looks like Masters & New Gen might end up getting the shaft once again: "Those other chapters such as the Masters Saga, Shadow Chronicles, those are areas, other areas we will look into exploring depending on how successful this launch is. And how much *inaudible* [more funding] we can get."
From his intro on the video it sounds like they already have at least 3 Macross combat scenarios planned through the return to Earth. Multi-part plastic kits featuring all the favorite mecha designs from the first Rt war, many variations and special characters, lot of opportunity to really grow and expand forces very quickly depending on how quickly they can fund.
Doesn't sound like much of a commitment to the other sagas as we have been lead to believe so far by Palladium. Will Ninja Division pump out Macross stuff until funding and sales start to dry up then claim it was a failure and not produce/complete the other sagas. Or perhaps later use the excuse that there was only demand for Macross. I hope I'm wrong.
Maybe they should set up a kickstarter to collect money in advance for the other sagas if they are really serious about producing them.
"rtsurfer's two cent..." ;O)

Alpha 11
Palladin

rtsurfer wrote:Well it looks like Masters & New Gen might end up getting the shaft once again: "Those other chapters such as the Masters Saga, Shadow Chronicles, those are areas, other areas we will look into exploring depending on how successful this launch is. And how much *inaudible* [more funding] we can get."
From his intro on the video it sounds like they already have at least 3 Macross combat scenarios planned through the return to Earth. Multi-part plastic kits featuring all the favorite mecha designs from the first Rt war, many variations and special characters, lot of opportunity to really grow and expand forces very quickly depending on how quickly they can fund.
Doesn't sound like much of a commitment to the other sagas as we have been lead to believe so far by Palladium. Will Ninja Division pump out Macross stuff until funding and sales start to dry up then claim it was a failure and not produce/complete the other sagas. Or perhaps later use the excuse that there was only demand for Macross. I hope I'm wrong.
Maybe they should set up a kickstarter to collect money in advance for the other sagas if they are really serious about producing them.

He might be just putting out low expetations and then beliver high.
MilkManX
Wanderer
Comment: Not a fan boy or a purist. I like to play Robotech because the game world is fun and interesting much like the 1985 show.

Unread post by MilkManX »

Honestly I was expecting as much. As a lifelong Robotech fan it is just better to have your expectations low. I would love Masters and New Gen but they get the shaft a lot.
http://robotechfans.proboards.com

You're out here on your own.
Lonely soldier boy.
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

Hound wrote:

believe me I am angry!!!! they will not get another red cent from me till the book i paid for comes out.
Alpha 11
Palladin

Trooper Jim wrote:
Hound wrote:

believe me I am angry!!!! they will not get another red cent from me till the book i paid for comes out.

The way that I have heard it, it sounds like Palladium itself isn't involved at all or very little in this KS. Though I could be wrong on it.
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Unread post by glitterboy2098 »

Gryphon wrote:It does sort of feel like Palladium is providing free advertising for a third party contracted by HG instead, doesn't it?

tabletop mini's games are included along side RPG's in a gaming license for a given IP. to make a mini's game for an IP that already licensed out its gaming rights, you have to go through said license holder, and they get included in the deal making. palladium isn't making this game, but they get to have their name affiliated with it and will be able to sell it through PB's normal distribution networks.

in effect, Ninjadivision does most most of the work, while palladium provides the networking. if it goes well palladium will get to help sell a popular product. if it goes bad palladium isn't tied so closely to the project it will be disastrous for the company.
Author of Rifts: Deep Frontier (Rifter 70)
Author of Rifts:Scandinavia (current project)
* All fantasy should have a solid base in reality.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
tgunner91
Explorer

Unread post by tgunner91 »

That's the thing about Robotech: Its most popular chapter is Macross! Macross' mecha are iconic and well recognized in the US by gaming and anime fans. Heck, they are the designs that kicked off Battletech which is a very popular board game. Macross will have the greatest draw and appeal so it's the natural starting point for a Robotech game. If that side of things is successful then you can be sure that the Ninja boys will be looking to the other stories from Robotech to keep the line going. After all, what mecha does Macross have? Three Valkyries, the Super Valkyrie, the Armored Valkyrie (and both of these can be upgrade kits to normal Valkyries), the Funny Chinese Valkyrie, 5 Destroids, Armored and unarmored Zentraedi, Regult Battlepods (the scour, tactical, and the two artillery versions and these are upgrades), Regult Command, His and Her's Powered Armor, Fighter Pods, and that's about it. That's good for an initial release and a couple of expansions... call it 2-3 years of materials. There are some conventional human units that could be tossed in too... but that's some infantry and a few AFVs and maybe a chopper or two.

What then???

By that point it will be well established as to whether the line will work out and then maybe we'll see the others. Also 3d Generation mecha might cause a new scale to be adopted! These were little mecha and there are lots of people involved too! Maybe 15mm/1:100 is the better scale for this line... but that changes the game.

And yes, it's annoying that they've taken 30 years to get to this point but still... better late than never and better Macross than nothing.
rtsurfer
Adventurer

How exactly is Macross better than nothing when those mecha already exist in approximately n-scale? They aren't exactly easy to find and aren't inexpensive, but they have been and are still available online. The only thing this game does is make them more readily available and less expensive. As for Masters and New Generation, neither has a complete line of its respective mecha available nor has ever been available at any size, let alone a gaming scale. This would be the first time most Masters era mecha and the Invid would have been produced. If they wanted to maximize sells of all three sagas they would release them as bundled Robotech packs instead of just a Macross only product.

jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

glitterboy2098 wrote:
Gryphon wrote:It does sort of feel like Palladium is providing free advertising for a third party contracted by HG instead, doesn't it?

tabletop mini's games are included along side RPG's in a gaming license for a given IP. to make a mini's game for an IP that already licensed out its gaming rights, you have to go through said license holder, and they get included in the deal making. palladium isn't making this game, but they get to have their name affiliated with it and will be able to sell it through PB's normal distribution networks.

in effect, Ninjadivision does most most of the work, while palladium provides the networking. if it goes well palladium will get to help sell a popular product. if it goes bad palladium isn't tied so closely to the project it will be disastrous for the company.

Pretty much what went down with the Rifts CCG
I am very opinionated. Yes I rub people the wrong way but at the end of the day I just enjoy good hard discussion and will gladly walk away agreeing to not agree :D

Email - jlaflamme7521@hotmail.com, Facebook - Jaymz LaFlamme, Robotech.com - Icerzone

\m/
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

-meh-
Bind the body to the opened mind

I dream of towers in a world consumed
A void in the sentient sky
I dream of fissures across the moon
Leaves of the lotus rise

~Dream Again By Miracle of Sound
Alpha 11
Palladin

jaymz wrote:
glitterboy2098 wrote:

Pretty much what went down with the Rifts CCG

IIRR, at least this company has been around a while, while the other was just takeing off.
jaymz
Palladin

Unread post by jaymz »

Actually the biggest issue with Precedence and the CCG was they stretched themselves too thin too fast in regards to the various licenses they had to make CCGs for. However I think PB kind of dropped the ball on that too but that's a discussion for another thread

\m/
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

any mention when it coming out and the cost for this ?????
rtsurfer
Adventurer

ZINO wrote:any mention when it coming out and the cost for this ?????

The kickstarter was supposed to begin the first of March, then it was pushed back to the first of April so who knows? They have suggested how fast it reaches the market depends on how much support the ks receives, details were promised with the ks launch. Price is supposed to be comparable to similar mini games already on the market.

ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

rtsurfer wrote:

The kickstarter was supposed to begin the first of March, then it was pushed back to the first of April so who knows? They have suggested how fast it reaches the market depends on how much support the ks receives, details were promised with the ks launch. Price is supposed to be comparable to similar mini games already on the market.

never bought a mini games before sorry
Alpha 11
Palladin

ZINO wrote:
rtsurfer wrote:

never bought a mini games before sorry

I heard the starter set will be around $100. Though that might be different by the time it comes out.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Alpha 11 wrote:I heard the starter set will be around $100. Though that might be different by the time it comes out.

around $100
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

$90 to $120 for a miniatures game starter box is pretty normal. Mini's tend to run between $10-$20 each for mecha sized units at this scale. sometimes more depending on material used.

a starter box would have about 20-24 figures, a rulebook, dice, probably a setting info booklet, maybe some maps. for this game i'd hope for some 3D buildings made of folded card for terrain as well. compared to buying the contents separately, starter sets basically give their contents at a major discount.
* Good sense about trivialities is better than nonsense about things that matter.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

ZINO wrote:
Alpha 11 wrote:I heard the starter set will be around $100. Though that might be different by the time it comes out.

around $100
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Soooooooooooooooooooooo they're trying to play in Games Workshop's sandbox?
*shakes head* :nh:
Yeahhhhhh ... about that. Unless your product has the WH by GW stamped on it and has lots of sprue to customise your rig?
I REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALY don't think too many are gonna cough that amount of cash up for minis, when you can get an OFFICIAL Macross fully transformable YF-21 at 12 inches (if not taller) model for not much more than the "starter" kit.
Too bad Pbooks & Ninjadivisble... *puts way wallet*
You had me, then you REALLY lost me. :badbad: :P

Leaves of the lotus rise

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

no, the games workshop sandbox would be about twice the cost.

the best comparison would be the Battletech 25th anniversary Introductory set.
26 plastic miniatures, of 25 different models.
a rulebook
a quick start rulebook with simplified rules for getting started quick. (85 pages)
a book of sheets for 24 models of mecha (all but 2 of the mini's.. those two were special pieces, as part of the Anniversary release)
a book (86 pages) describing the setting
a book describing the game and its various levels of play (20 pages)
2 6 sided dice.
2 double sided mapsheets (about a 3ft x 5ft playing area) printed on tough card and creased for storage.

all for $90

the mini's alone would have been as much as the whole set.. the books and maps were basically 'extras'.

this is typical if you want a fully developed game right from the start.

compare this to the Flames of war starter.. it may only be $40, but it only comes with 5 tanks (3 shermans and 2 Stug's), a 16 page intro level rulebook, and 5 dice. not enough to actually play a full game or really get started.. just enough to attract attention on a shelf and play one or two intro sessions.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
DhAkael
Knight

Unread post by DhAkael »

@GB.
Good point, but I'm from the days when FASA still existed and B.T. used the cardboard cut-outs.
Okay, admitedly, LOW-tech and kinda flimsy, BUT..you had a whole heckofalot of minis if you just wanted to PLAY.

Plus the whole "Oh and if you don't buy lots of this you'll never get the other era's of Robotech released" threat...kinda makes one REALLY reluctant to give them any cash...at all.
But hey, if peeps wanna throw their cash away on a kick-starter for this DESPITE being slapped in the face with a "You'll get ONLY Macross and like it." attitude by the company in question *shrug* who am I to stop people from being parted with their money?

...For the record, I'd LIKE to see this succeed, but not via milking people for cash up front without product even finished.
Just look at the NG books. Another few months late...and still incomplete.

Leaves of the lotus rise

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

actually given the wording in the quote, i suspect they consider ASC and Newgen era's as 'stretch goals' for the kickstarter at this time. if enough people pledge money, they can develop them concurrently. otherwise they'll have to wait until they've gotten Macross done and out the door to bring in the funds to continue on. getting a mini's line produced is not cheap (the molds alone can cost a couple thousand dollars if you use plastic for the mini's, the machines to use said molds are even more expensive)
and Ninjadivision is not exactly a huge company with money to burn.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
Alpha 11
Palladin

Gryphon wrote:The Battletech starter box is 50-60, and includes several rule books, several works books, a booklet of mech stat sheets, two dozen mecha (usually...I got stiffed an Atlas on my first box damn it...), two deluxe mini model kits of common Clan make, and a few maps. the two dozen minis are somewhat low quality, but eminently sufficient grey plastic based. I have three such sets at this point.

If the Robotech set manages to come even close to that listing, and uses already painted miniatures of moderately better quality, I might even buy a box or two...presuming the other Battletech players leave any of them for me to pick up, since there is likely to be something like eight or more "Unseen" equivalents in this box set, more if Gerwalk mode VF-1s make it into the mixture.

It may take me some time, but I would be willing to pick up at least two boxes...or each ERA, when they come out. And if smaller "booster" like sets appear (pods, Destroids, VF mode sets, battloids, Invid targets, Bioroids, etc...), and even individual units, I could likely be talked into a few purchases there as well.

After all, I haven't really bought any Battletech minis outside the box sets, and have not been interested in WH40K or Warmachine enough to get involved, but I would take a shine to a well done Robotech setting for sure!

This got posted somewhat later than the last four posts, so I missed a few things. Most importantly, is the intro box all the way up to 90 bucks for Battletech now?! *checks* Hmm...I can find it from anywhere in the neighborhood of 40-100 bucks, and one listing of 584.87! Interesting...

It looks like they will have a 3 modes for the VF-1. There are pictures of them out further up this thread in a link to youtube. I myself will be tring to get as many as possible.
Alpha 11
Palladin

DhAkael wrote:@GB.
Good point, but I'm from the days when FASA still existed and B.T. used the cardboard cut-outs.
Okay, admitedly, LOW-tech and kinda flimsy, BUT..you had a whole heckofalot of minis if you just wanted to PLAY.

Plus the whole "Oh and if you don't buy lots of this you'll never get the other era's of Robotech released" threat...kinda makes one REALLY reluctant to give them any cash...at all.
But hey, if peeps wanna throw their cash away on a kick-starter for this DESPITE being slapped in the face with a "You'll get ONLY Macross and like it." attitude by the company in question *shrug* who am I to stop people from being parted with their money?

...For the record, I'd LIKE to see this succeed, but not via milking people for cash up front without product even finished.
Just look at the NG books. Another few months late...and still incomplete.

The good news on that is that it seems that Palladium is really pushing to have all 3 of them done.
rtsurfer
Adventurer

Are they painted? For some reason the multi-part plastic kits comment and seeing the display made me think they would be unfinished in static poses.
We may just have to wait until the kickstarter provides the details of what they will actually be producing and marketing, hope it doesn't get delayed a second month.

glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

the battletech figures were mostly one piece or a handful of pieces pre-glued.. but unpainted. with this.. don't know. preferably i'd rather have unpainted and assembled.. i like to dramatically pose my stuff and use my own paint schemes.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

The Battletech starter box I got the for 50 dolalrs and new!!!! so when you guys say 100 dalloars !!!!! aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh!!!!
again I got shot up
OH GOD hope we CAN GET ALL THE MECHS REALLY!!!!!
AND
the gears of war for $$50 too
dont get me started
Alpha 11
Palladin

I heard that they will be unpainted. Though that could change or I could have heard wrong.
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

I just want to know HOW MUCH$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
sorry guy i just this out for ALL eras mechs !!!
Trooper Jim
Dungeon Crawler
Comment: Huh! What? There was homework???

Unread post by Trooper Jim »

I am not participating in this crap again!
ZINO
Knight

Unread post by ZINO »

Trooper Jim wrote:I am not participating in this crap again!
wow I am sorry Trooper Jim for me it better than nothing I been wait since 1989 for a broad game and we ALL know PB style still at least they are FINALLY making Something and hope to god it at least OK man

can you explain WHY Trooper Jim love to hear your reasons mind you be easy on I am ill man thanks Trooper Jim
Shawn Merrow

Ninja Division on Facebook wrote:We just submitted the Kickstarter for approval! Shouldn't be too much longer now!

rtsurfer
Adventurer

Trooper Jim, I would also like to know your reasons.

Personally, I'm not thrilled with Masters & New Gen being put on the back burner once again. "Plans" for them is a good thing except that realistically their future actually depends on the initial financial support of the Kickstarter and continued sales of the Macross games & mecha over time. If someone loves Macross or just really wants some cool mini mecha, like for Battletech, they should by all means support this project, I just don't like the idea that fans of the other eras are expected to support this KS in order to get the games & mecha they really want. I hope the game mechanics work well, the mini mecha look great, & people who get them have a lot of fun acting out Macross adventures.

Arnie100
Knight

Unread post by Arnie100 »

ZINO wrote:
wow I am sorry Trooper Jim for me it better than nothing I been wait since 1989 for a broad game and we ALL know PB style still at least they are FINALLY making Something and hope to god it at least OK man

can you explain WHY Trooper Jim love to hear your reasons mind you be easy on I am ill man thanks Trooper Jim

Because of the delays with Northern Gun 1 and 2. I won't be putting money into this; as well, until those books are finished and in my hands. But those are my reasons.
They can't see me...Right!?
glitterboy2098
Rifts® Trivia Master

Arnie100 wrote:
ZINO wrote:

Because of the delays with Northern Gun 1 and 2. I won't be putting money into this; as well, until those books are finished and in my hands. But those are my reasons.

you realize that;

a) palladium books is not doing this kickstarter, Ninjadivision is. this is ninja divisions game, palladium just puts its name on it because palladium has the gaming license for robotech.

b) this will be done as an actual kickstarter, on the kickstarter site. not as one of palladium's 'preorders with extras' megaversal insiders sales?

being upset over the last megaversal insider should not prevent you from participating in this kickstarter. they are completely unrelated things.

-Max Beerbohm
Visit my Website

Return to “Robotech® - The Shadow Chronicles® - Macross II®”