what to you want to see in Rifter 60?

For the discussion of all things in the Rifter. As well as ideas for the Rifter and so on.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

gaby
Knight

what to you want to see in Rifter 60?

Unread post by gaby »

Well I like to see a Palladium fantasy,s story,with New OCCs,maybe New Magic.
Icefalcon
Champion

Re: what to you want to see in Rifter 60?

Unread post by Icefalcon »

A Dead Reign article about the remnants of the government.
*Sniff, Sniff* Why does it smell like wet dog in here?!
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Unread post by The Dark Elf »

PFRPG.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 55 The Ancestral Mystic P.C.C.
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Rifter 80 Masters Unlimited
Icefalcon
Champion

The Dark Elf wrote:PFRPG.

You just had an article in the last one. Can't some of the lesser supported systems get some love? :lol:
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: "So gentlemen, are you prepared to open your minds and travel to worlds hitherto undreamed of?"

Icefalcon wrote:

You just had an article in the last one. Can't some of the lesser supported systems get some love? :lol:

Yes.... AS WELL as PFRPG.
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Rifter 59 The Lopanic Games adventure "The Lion, the Ditch & the Warlock". Illustrations to this adventure can be found here.
Rifter 71 & 72 Double Issue Ninjas & Superspies adventure "On a Wing & a Prayer"
Juce734
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Game On!

Unread post by Juce734 »

Heroes Unlimited!!!

Adventures for it.
Character classes.
Tips for running Super Heroes in different settings.
More setting info.
NPC's.

Did I say I want more stuff for Heroes Unlimited? Yes? Ok well I also want more stuff for Heroes Unlimited.
Games: Savage Rifts, Fantasy Age, Dragon Age, Dungeons and Dragons Fifth Edition, Heroes Unlimited, TMNT, Ninjas and Superspies, and Rifts
Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/MasterTheGameRPG (please check out)
Website: https://www.rpgjuce.com/master-the-game-rpg-link-tree
Jedrious
Adventurer

Unread post by Jedrious »

Splicers-Technojacker support
Icefalcon
Champion

Chaos Earth, Nightbane and maybe some Dead Reign
Shawn Merrow
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: For the glory of Zeon and Zerebus, Sieg Zeon!

2D6 Palladium Forum History Geek Points

Unread post by Shawn Merrow »

Panomas wrote:Something I submitted!

Muhahahaha!

:lol: :ok:

"Flandre, no Molotov cocktails indoors, please." - Hime from Princess Resurrection
The Galactus Kid
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Jedrious wrote:Splicers-Technojacker support

It was going to be in there soon, but it got moved into actual production.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Icefalcon
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:

Not as interested in Splicers. Not sure how I feel about all the new Splicers material that was announced in the latest Murmur.
The Galactus Kid

Icefalcon wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

Not as interested in Splicers. Not sure how I feel about all the new Splicers material that was announced in the latest Murmur.

There are a lot of fans that are, though. Not only that, but this is in step with Kevin's statement to support all game lines. If you have someone who is interested in the line, writes good material, is an established freelancer who is already writing sourecematerial, why wouldn't you let them write a short 64-96 page book with that material? For the company, it's a win-win.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

Icefalcon
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:

There are a lot of fans that are, though. Not only that, but this is in step with Kevin's statement to support all game lines. If you have someone who is interested in the line, writes good material, is an established freelancer who is already writing sourecematerial, why wouldn't you let them write a short 64-96 page book with that material? For the company, it's a win-win.

I can get behind the concept. But in reality, I hear more clamor for Fantasy or Nightbane on these very forums then I ever have for Splicers. I can understand that certain freelancers only work on certain lines. That's all well and good.

This thread is asking us what we want to see. I don't want Splicers or even Fantasy. We just had both in the last Rifter. I would like to see more love to the languishing lines. Yes, I also realize Splicers is one of those lines. As I said, we just had one of those.

To tell the truth, if I was not so busy going to school to learn a new trade (welding), I would write several articles to submit to the Rifter. I already have the beginnings of three articles I want to submit (one Nightbane, one Rifts and the other Dead Reign). On top of this, I run four separate systems (D&D; Palladium with Dead Reign and Rifts; LUG's Star Trek and Cyberpunk) for my group of up to 12 players. Added to the fact both of my very young kids are gearing up for the school year and it leaves me little time at the moment to write.

I understand this is also a concern for some of the current writers. As far as I can determine though, Palladium has at least a dozen freelancers that could be churning out book. However, this year alone we have only seen four (Rifters do not count because of their Fanzine status) and I doubt we will see more than one reach the shelves before the end of the year. Of the promised every line support, we have only seen two actually supported. And I use the word promised because that is exactly the words used by Kevin in multiple Murmurs this year.

We have been wound up too many times by the company to believe much of its promises any more. So when we see a promise of 4-7 Splicers books next year, we think "Great. Another year of no support for our favorite lines other than Rifts and THAT." So maybe have a little compassion for the complainers among us when we think something is not as great as the freelancers think it is.

Sorry for the rant. I will get off my soap box now.
The Galactus Kid

Don't worry about it, man. During this whole Splicers vs. everything else debate you've been more than cordial and respectful. You've made it evident that Splicers isn't your bag and others have stated that they dig it and want more. No big deal.

Also, I would love to see some stuff of your in the Rifter in the future. Once you get done with school, tackle some of those projects and submit. Fresh ideas are always good to see.

Icefalcon
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:Don't worry about it, man. During this whole Splicers vs. everything else debate you've been more than cordial and respectful. You've made it evident that Splicers isn't your bag and others have stated that they dig it and want more. No big deal.

Also, I would love to see some stuff of your in the Rifter in the future. Once you get done with school, tackle some of those projects and submit. Fresh ideas are always good to see.

I think when I tie a few things up, I might have to get back to work on the articles I want to submit. The only problem is that I am pulling a good portion of my material from games that I have run and I need to find all of the handwritten notes I had at the time. It takes me a little time to dig through 25+ years of gaming notes to find the ones I want. Once I find that stuff, I should be able to finish my articles and send them in.

As a side note, how is the Sovietski book shaping up?
The Galactus Kid

Icefalcon wrote:
The Galactus Kid wrote:Don't worry about it, man. During this whole Splicers vs. everything else debate you've been more than cordial and respectful. You've made it evident that Splicers isn't your bag and others have stated that they dig it and want more. No big deal.

I think when I tie a few things up, I might have to get back to work on the articles I want to submit. The only problem is that I am pulling a good portion of my material from games that I have run and I need to find all of the handwritten notes I had at the time. It takes me a little time to dig through 25+ years of gaming notes to find the ones I want. Once I find that stuff, I should be able to finish my articles and send them in.

It's taking shape nicely. It should be in Palladium hands by the end
Of the year.

Icefalcon
Champion

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:

Of the year.

Gonna have to get my dollars ready for that one.
pblackcrow
Champion

Unread post by pblackcrow »

#1. PFRPG: A completely fleshed out and mapped out town for inclusion any where.
#2. PFRPG: New circle magic.
#3. The scaled down version of the character sheets that I did, completed with full color borders.
Ankh, udja, seneb.
zor_prime1
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by zor_prime1 »

pblackcrow wrote:#2. PFRPG: New circle magic.

Well, on this note, I HOPE my article called "Omni Glyphs" is included. They have been referred to as a 'cousin' to circle magic and can be considered to be a 'poor-man's rune'. Although they were written for Rifts, I'm sure they wouldn't be difficult to incorporate elsewhere. It's an article basically about a programming language using heiroglyphs. There are instructions on how to 'program' them any way you need and can be fairly complex; moreso than wards but not as powerful as runes.

I hope it would meet your wants in regards to your quote above. :-D
"I've been senile for as long as I can remember!" - I forget
The Dark Elf
Rifter® Contributer

zor_prime1 wrote:
pblackcrow wrote:#2. PFRPG: New circle magic.

Well, on this note, I HOPE my article called "Omni Glyphs" is included. They have been referred to as a 'cousin' to circle magic and can be considered to be a 'poor-man's rune'. Although they were written for Rifts, I'm sure they wouldn't be difficult to incorporate elsewhere. It's an article basically about a programming language using heiroglyphs. There are instructions on how to 'program' them any way you need and can be fairly complex; moreso than wards but not as powerful as runes.

I hope it would meet your wants in regards to your quote above. :-D

VERY interested! Wayne bag this submission! :ok:
Rifter 52 Cannibal Magic
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Kovoston »

Icefalcon wrote:A Dead Reign article about the remnants of the government.

I second this! :)
drewkitty ~..~
Monk

Unread post by drewkitty ~..~ »

More Mystic China stuff
May you be blessed with the ability to change course when you are off the mark.
Each question should be give the canon answer 1st, then you can proclaim your house rules.
Reading and writing (literacy) is how people on BBS interact.
Icefalcon
Champion

Kovoston wrote:

I might have to write something along this line. It has been eating my brain up (sorry for the pun, but its true) for a while now.
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Icefalcon wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

I might have to write something along this line. It has been eating my brain up (sorry for the pun, but its true) for a while now.

LOL, sounds good - let me know if you want to bounce ideas off someone.

:)
Icefalcon
Champion

Kovoston wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

LOL, sounds good - let me know if you want to bounce ideas off someone.

I might have to do that.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

Kovoston wrote:

Thirded!
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

May all your hits be crits!
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: What is genius? A Victim OCC (BtS 1st ed, p. 193 ss)! The ultimate hero is a victim conquering adversity.

Unread post by Hendrik »

The Galactus Kid wrote:
Icefalcon wrote:

Of the year.

Go, Brandon, go!

Советский Трещины, товарищ! :-D :wink:
(Sovetskiy Treshchiny, Tovarishch: Sovietski Rifts, Comrade!)
Handouts for Operation Minotaur (BtS Adventure published in RIFTER #83) Get them at the fabulous "House of BtS"![/quote]

Xar
Rifter® Contributer
Comment: J.V. Adams
(he/him/his)

Unread post by Xar »

Hendrik wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

Thirded!

Fourthed!
~Xar~

↑, ↑, ↓, ↓, ←, →, ←, →, B, A select start
Kovoston
Rifter® Contributer

Xar wrote:
Hendrik wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

Thirded!

Fourthed!

Looks like we have a winner folks.
Icefalcon
Champion

Kovoston wrote:
Xar wrote:
Hendrik wrote:
Kovoston wrote:

Thirded!

Fourthed!

Looks like we have a winner folks.

Too bad it will not be in #60.
Hendrik
Rifter® Contributer

Unread post by Hendrik »

Of course not, but maybe - mutatis mutandis re the re line - it can appear in one of the coming Rifters, eh?
Last edited by Hendrik on Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

Icefalcon
Champion

True that.
Sir Dellis
Explorer
Comment: There is nothing like wearing Maize and Blue in a sea of putrid Scarlet and Gray.

Unread post by Sir Dellis »

Icefalcon wrote:

Ummm...that is PFRPG....

the lack of PFRPG content is why I will never subscribe to the Rifter and spend a couple dollars more to get the issues I want

Return to “The Rifter® Forum”