Talking to the SPLICEHEADS!

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

Premier
Palladium Books® Freelance Artist

Talking to the SPLICEHEADS!

Unread post by Premier »

Hey Fellow SPLICEHEADS,

There seems to be some slight... misunderstanding among some Palladiumbooks fans as to how bad and strong the demand is for Splicers sourcebooks. So I would cordially invite you all to please let your vote, comments and feelings regarding this subject matter to please be conveyed:

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=132897

Thank You!

The SPLICE Must Flow!
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Re: Talking to the SPLICEHEADS!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

The Galactus Kid wrote:THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Indeed it shall... It will be... It will be...
Snake Eyes
Hero
Comment: Living in Florida, soon to be Dinosaur Swamp

Unread post by Snake Eyes »

The Galactus Kid wrote:THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

I second that motion
The Dragon Has Spoken
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

I truly hope that whatever book we eventually get is more then just a collection of bio-toys. I'd like to see the setting get some real meat on its bones ...preferably in the form of regional write ups.

oh, and...

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!!!
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Right now (August 31st), we are winning (29-18)!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Witchcraft
Dungeon Crawler

Unread post by Witchcraft »

Glad to see SPLICEHEADS own the electoral college.

THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!
There is no spoon.
Guy_LeDouche
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by Guy_LeDouche »

Premier wrote:Hey Fellow SPLICEHEADS,

There seems to be some slight... misunderstanding among some Palladiumbooks fans as to how bad and strong the demand is for Splicers sourcebooks. So I would cordially invite you all to please let your vote, comments and feelings regarding this subject matter to please be conveyed:

Thank You!

The SPLICE Must Flow!

:lol: You really stirred some stuff up apprently. Haters going to hate, especially when someone posses the passion and enthusiasm you show. Of course, we all know what I voted.
Fairy tales begin with "Once upon a time". Southern fairy tales begin with "Y'all ain't gonna believe this s**t!!"

XBL Gamertag: Guy L3D0uch3

If Keanu Reeves had played Thulsa Doom, he would have told Conan to contemplate on the Tree of Whoa..
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

So how popular a setting is Splicers?

Judging from this forum, it's pretty small compared to the other Palladium settings.

I'm not judging the merits of the setting, just observing that this is a much lower traffic forum than the other settings have.

--flatline
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

9voltkilowatt wrote:I truly hope that whatever book we eventually get is more then just a collection of bio-toys. I'd like to see the setting get some real meat on its bones ...preferably in the form of regional write ups.

oh, and...

LONG LIVE THE FIGHTERS!!!

Your hitting the nail right on the head for what Slappy & I also felt and hope to accomplish/establish. I shared the setting ideas with Galactus Kid at Gen Con and he also seemed to like it very much. The setting needs it and hopefully the script will bare good fruit for your patience and awesome support! :D
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

ffranceschi wrote:Right now (August 31st), we are winning (29-18)!

The Splice will crush its enemies, see them driven before the Splice and enjoy the lamentation of the Goodies...
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Guy_LeDouche wrote:
Premier wrote:Hey Fellow SPLICEHEADS,

Thank You!

The SPLICE Must Flow!

:lol: You really stirred some stuff up apprently. Haters going to hate, especially when someone posses the passion and enthusiasm you show. Of course, we all know what I voted.

Like a hornets nest being ram sacked by a honey badger... :eek:
That's what ravenous SPLICEHEADS do, :lol:
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

flatline wrote:So how popular a setting is Splicers?

Judging from this forum, it's pretty small compared to the other Palladium settings.

I'm not judging the merits of the setting, just observing that this is a much lower traffic forum than the other settings have.

--flatline

Might want to recheck the poll count now.
Actually Splicers as a whole had a smaller community in the beginning. However, now that more material is surfacing along with the continued support of the Spliceheads, it is growing in familiarity and interests. With the release of the upcoming sourcebooks, I am confident you will see Splicers surge in popularity afterwards.

Splicers also seems to have the most passionate, helpful and creative support on the forums IMHO.
ffranceschi
Adventurer
Comment: "In Absentia Lucis, Tenebrae Vincunt"
Location: Republic of Cordoba, Silver River Republics (Montevideo, Uruguay)

Unread post by ffranceschi »

Premier wrote:

--flatline

Actually Splicers as a whole had a smaller community in the beginning. However, now that more material is surfacing along with the continued support of the Spliceheads, it is growing in familiarity and interests. With the release of the upcoming sourcebooks, I am confident you will see Splicers surge in popularity afterwards.

Splicers also seems to have the most passionate, helpful and creative support on the forums IMHO.

33-19, we are "splicing" them!!! hahaha. Do you like my use of the word? Just in case it sounds bad, remember that my native language is spanish!
Head of Northern Gun Research and Development

"I'm ready man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State-of-the-badass-art!" - Private Hudson, ALIENS (1986).
Shark_Force
Palladin

Unread post by Shark_Force »

yeah, splicers may not enjoy the same level of support and success as rifts, but we're a pretty active community. hard to judge size too, given we don't necessarily know how many fans are not on the boards at all; likely the only ones who really have a particularly good idea how popular the setting truly is are those with the sales data.

but if you go by the poll, there may be more splicers fans than there are of several other PB settings combined. not that the poll is necessarily a completely accurate representation of anything other than what the subset of people who have read that thread and feel it is important enough to vote on want.
flatline
Knight

Unread post by flatline »

Well, I certainly look forward to an additional book or two.

I'm primarily interested in new settings and it seems that it takes a book or two after a setting is introduced for the setting to mature. Splicers was actually pretty complete in a single book, but I'd like a little more information on how house economies work and how houses coexist with other houses (assuming that the houses aren't so spread out that they never interact with each other). Easily covered by one book.

Wormwood, on the other hand, has huge gaps in coverage, so I've been waiting well over a decade for some gap coverage that will probably never come. One of the reasons I like Splicers so much is that with very little effort, I can use splicer material to fill some of the more obvious gaps in Wormwood without ruining the feel too much.

--flatline
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

ffranceschi wrote:
Premier wrote:

--flatline

33-19, we are "splicing" them!!! hahaha. Do you like my use of the word? Just in case it sounds bad, remember that my native language is spanish!

FFranceschi, Your are right on the money with the word! :D We are indeed splicing them. They are being taught a bit more about Splicers, the fanbase and being revealed & beaten in the polls at the same time. They are being assimilated and SPLICED.
a
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

Shark_Force wrote:yeah, splicers may not enjoy the same level of support and success as rifts, but we're a pretty active community. hard to judge size too, given we don't necessarily know how many fans are not on the boards at all; likely the only ones who really have a particularly good idea how popular the setting truly is are those with the sales data.

but if you go by the poll, there may be more splicers fans than there are of several other PB settings combined. not that the poll is necessarily a completely accurate representation of anything other than what the subset of people who have read that thread and feel it is important enough to vote on want.

Very well spoken... steps back into the mist and cloaks away...
Premier

Unread post by Premier »

flatline wrote:Well, I certainly look forward to an additional book or two.

I'm primarily interested in new settings and it seems that it takes a book or two after a setting is introduced for the setting to mature. Splicers was actually pretty complete in a single book, but I'd like a little more information on how house economies work and how houses coexist with other houses (assuming that the houses aren't so spread out that they never interact with each other). Easily covered by one book.

Wormwood, on the other hand, has huge gaps in coverage, so I've been waiting well over a decade for some gap coverage that will probably never come. One of the reasons I like Splicers so much is that with very little effort, I can use splicer material to fill some of the more obvious gaps in Wormwood without ruining the feel too much.

--flatline

Flatline, Were hoping the new sourc ematerial will indeed delve into House relations and help sculpt the setting more so. I think your observation of what it takes to develop a setting is dead on and realistic.

Return to “Splicers®”