Looking for a tribe, town...with zombies

Ley Line walkers, Juicers, Coalition Troops, Samas, Tolkeen, & The Federation Of Magic. Come together here to discuss all things Rifts®.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador
Comment: Palladium fan from overseas

Looking for a tribe, town...with zombies

Unread post by mobuttu »

Hi all,

I'm setting my next Rifts scenario and I'm looking for a town, tribe, group of people who:

1) Are kind of islationist.
2) Are good (mostly) aligned.
3) Are able to create, produce or use slave puppets (zombies or droids, for instance) from flesh characters (PC adventurers :twisted:). or
4) Have a advanced arcane lore, techno-wizardry or very high (over the top) technology.

The idea behind all of this, is I want PCs to interact with said group who are potentially dangerous in a diplomatic way to get its advanced knowledge, while the main villain in the shadow try to put the PC in misunderstandings with them.

Any ideas? Is there any canon material I could use which is (even vaguely) close to what I ask.

Some examples could be:

- A town of (good) necromancers (if that could be) from Soul Harvest (Psyscape).
- Shemarrians (though they can't produce slave puppets they have a very advanced technology).

The examples above could be valid but they don't satisfy me much, that's why I ask for your help.

Thanks.
- Un blog de Rifts. My blog about our game.
- Maqui Ed. My RPG company.

I received a *Nekira Seal of Approval*...Once! :P
"always remember; the Splugorth can do anything" - everloss
Sorry for my bad English! :o
Akashic Soldier
Knight
Comment: Theres space for a paper airplane race in the eye of a hurricane.

Re: Looking for a tribe, town...with zombies

Unread post by Akashic Soldier »

Man I am not saying this to cheap you out but I think this thread could be a lot more FUN for everyone involved if we made one up! :D

After all, nearly EVERYWHERE is isolationist in Rifts and it already sounds like you've got a nice solid framework for what you want to do! ;)

All you need is a "cast of villains" who have the abilities you want, a reason to work together, and a community to rule over. Have a look at the A.R.C.H.I.E Three adventure in Source Book 1 (Revised) and you'll see there are communities all over the place that're run by interesting people and things. :D
"I flew back to the states just to vote for Trump."
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
I will not answer posts/questions/accusations by people on my foes list.
The Ugly Truth - Carl Gleba on the Cabal of 24.
Rifts® Online: Megaversal Highway.
Talon Starblade
Wanderer

Unread post by Talon Starblade »

I can see a town of good magic users making use of Technowizardry in order to deal with criminals. Rather than lock them away or execute them, create a collar or "head clamp" or even a brain implant set with Enscorcell and dominate as the base spells in teh system. Suddenly you have a living Zombie, no dead men needed, and even the player characters could be sentenced to a term of "indentured service." If you design the system properly, the "victim gets to watch, while his body does the work. Talk about a prison. Hopefully the threat to being stuck again will be enough to reform the criminals. Of course this can be heavily abused by some, and the CS would definitely use it as an example of the Evils of Magic, but hey, it's an idea.
Let the world tremble, for my imagination LIVES!
Akashic Soldier
Knight

Talon Starblade wrote:I can see a town of good magic users making use of Technowizardry in order to deal with criminals. Rather than lock them away or execute them, create a collar or "head clamp" or even a brain implant set with Enscorcell and dominate as the base spells in teh system. Suddenly you have a living Zombie, no dead men needed, and even the player characters could be sentenced to a term of "indentured service." If you design the system properly, the "victim gets to watch, while his body does the work. Talk about a prison. Hopefully the threat to being stuck again will be enough to reform the criminals. Of course this can be heavily abused by some, and the CS would definitely use it as an example of the Evils of Magic, but hey, it's an idea.

There is a spell (cant remember it off the top of my head but I think its Trace) and it turns someone into a mindless zombie puppet that does whatever you tell them. That'd do it. All you would need to do is set it up so it was active whenever the person wearing the collar and arranged so the "Slaves" only answer to specific person/peoples.

I'm not sure how TW works (yet) so I can't be of much more use that that. :D
Mumpsimus can be defined as someone who obstinately clings to an error, bad habit or prejudice, even after the foible has been exposed.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Akashic Soldier wrote:
Talon Starblade wrote:I can see a town of good magic users making use of Technowizardry in order to deal with criminals. Rather than lock them away or execute them, create a collar or "head clamp" or even a brain implant set with Enscorcell and dominate as the base spells in teh system. Suddenly you have a living Zombie, no dead men needed, and even the player characters could be sentenced to a term of "indentured service." If you design the system properly, the "victim gets to watch, while his body does the work. Talk about a prison. Hopefully the threat to being stuck again will be enough to reform the criminals. Of course this can be heavily abused by some, and the CS would definitely use it as an example of the Evils of Magic, but hey, it's an idea.

There is a spell (cant remember it off the top of my head but I think its Trace) and it turns someone into a mindless zombie puppet that does whatever you tell them. That'd do it. All you would need to do is set it up so it was active whenever the person wearing the collar and arranged so the "Slaves" only answer to specific person/peoples.

I'm not sure how TW works (yet) so I can't be of much more use that that. :D

That's a good idea, thanks!

Another idea it came to me is doing something related to (Controled) Dragon Juicers...

What do you think?

Akashic Soldier
Knight

What is the idea exactly? :D

And do you mean Dragon Juicers from Juicer Uprising or Dragons that are juicers?

One is cool, the other is over kill. :lol:
The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

Try the town of Madison in the Official Rifter Material of Rifter #36.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

Akashic Soldier wrote:What is the idea exactly? :D

And do you mean Dragon Juicers from Juicer Uprising or Dragons that are juicers?

I don't really know. It's just Dragon Juicers from Juicer Uprising are juicers created from magic, so it's that kind of think I need for the scenario.

mobuttu
Megaversal® Ambassador

Unread post by mobuttu »

The Galactus Kid wrote:Try the town of Madison in the Official Rifter Material of Rifter #36.

Thanks. I'll check it out. :)

Return to “Rifts®”