The Ronin

Organics, nanotech, and intrigue...discuss your thoughts on the new Palladium RPG here.

Moderators: Immortals, Supreme Beings, Old Ones

The Galactus Kid
Palladium Books® Freelance Writer
Comment: THE SPLICE MUST FLOW!!!

The Ronin

Unread post by The Galactus Kid »

I tried to make all the variables listed in the data block. If any one wants the word doc pm me your email. I'm going to modify an insanity by giving it a qualifier but it is more or less the same.

Bonuses all over the place in splicers. Everywhere!!!

I will be making a post later with his backstory.

Name: Musashi Takeo S.D.C.: 77 (112) H.P: 82
Height: 6’2” M.D.C. (if any): N/A
Weight: 142 lbs. Level: 13
Sex: Male XP Total: /
O.C.C.: Dreadguard Alignment: Aberrant
Race: Human Age: 31
Disposition: The Ronin is an honorable man that has done many dishonorable things in order to live up to his version of the code of the dreadguard. TOTAL HARDASS!!! Oh, and he’s crazy.

Attributes:
I.Q.: 15
M.E.: 21
M.A.: 23
P.S.: 25
P.P.: 28
P.E.: 32
P.B.: 9 (11)
Spd.: 24

Saving Throws/Host Armor
Toxin/Poison: 7/10
Harmful Drugs: 7/10
Insanity: + 3
Mind Control: + 3
Horror Factor: + 5
Coma/Death: + 28%
Pain:
Other:

variable Att. Init. Strike S. Rng Parry Dodge Auto Roll Pull Ent Disarm Crit./Death
Melee 8, 8, 11, -, 14, 14, 13, 8, 8, -, 3, 20/18+
Host Armor 16, 21, 16, 1, 24, 23, 19, 20, 13, 2, 8, 20/18+
Adrenaline Surge 17, 21, 16, 1, 24, 24, 19, 20, 13, 2, 8, 20/18+
Post-Adrenaline 16, 21, 14, 1, 24, 21, 17, 20, 13, 2, 8, 20/18+
Post-Speed Burst 16, 18, 13, 1, 21, 20, 16, 20, 13, 2, 8, 20/18+
In Flight (wind) 16, 21, 17, 1, 23, 25, 15, 20, 13, 2, 8, 20/18+
No Motion Det. 15, 21, 16, 1, 23, 23, 15, 18, 13, 2, 8, 20/18+
Other: +1 melee action with feet, ½ from piercing and kinetic, ¼ from blunt and falls, +5 to bodyflip, +4 to damage

Skill % per Level Skill %
Mathematics: Basic - 98
Language: Japanese - 98
Literacy: Japanese - 98
Climbing - 98
Military Etiquette - 98
Running - -
Bio-Comms - 98
Host Amor Combat - 98
Operate Bio-Equipment - 98
Machine Lore - 98
Biology - 98
Genetics - 76
Boxing - -
Kick Boxing - -
Wrestling - -
Intelligence 4 90
Detect Ambush - 98
Detect Concealment - 98
Prowl - 85
Fencing - -
Play Japanese Flute - 98
Camouflage - 90
Surveillance - 98
Machine Technology - 98
Blind Fighting 5 90
Language: Russian - 98
Sign Language 5 70
Outdoorsmanship - -
Swimming 5 75
Wilderness Survival 5 50
Demolitions 3 78
Body Building - -
Gymnastics
- Sense of Balance 3 86
- Work Parallel Bars/Rings 3 96
- Back Flip 2 94
- Climb Rope 2 84
Vital Points Inorganic
Vital Points Organic

Skills In Armor: 55
Escape Artist 90
Camouflage 70
Wilderness Survival 98
Climbing 98
Isolate Specific Sound 55
(also see echo location skills)

W.P. Heavy Bio-Weapons
W.P. Paired
W.P. Quickdraw
W.P. Knife
W.P. Sword
Trust/Intimidate 75
Charm/Impress -

Host Armor Name: 報復悪魔 (Hōfuku akuma)
Main Body: 503/523 (Adrenal Rush)
Head: 217
R. Arm : 167 L. Arm: 167
R. Hand: 87 L. Hand: 87
R. Leg: 227 L. Leg: 227
R. Foot: 89 L. Foot: 89
Optional
Force Field (if any): N/A
R. Wing: N/A L. Wing: N/A
Tail: N/A
Tongue: N/A
Lower Arms: 107 : 107
Statistical Information:
Height: 11’6” Weight: 443 lbs Length: 3’
Running:170/340 (burst) Swimming: 30 mph
Flying: 200 mph Digging: 20 mph
Leap High:80/169 (run) Leap Length: 120/286 (run)
S.N. P.S.: 32/42 (rush) Sleep Requirements: none
Metabolism: Parasitic
Armor Notes: The skin is black with some dark grey highlights. There is no mouth. Four swords are mounted on the back along the spine but spring out diagonally when needed.
Regeneration: 2D6+3 per round and 1D4+2 (Splicers pg 84)
Feeding: 2D4 S.D.C. or H.P per day
Bio-E Spent: 700 Bio-E Available: 0

Weapon Damage/rush Range Payload M.D.C. Special Strike Parry Entangle Other
Bio-E Blade x4 6D12+64+1D6 Melee 192 min/ 12 hours 81 each Super, Mega 25 32 2
Bio-E Blasts 8D8+64 1,000 ft 8 per minute 48 per vent Super, Mega 12 - - ½ range UW
Combat Spurs 4D6+kick damage Melee - - - 17 25 - Crit when attacking weak points
Acid Blood 3D8 per round Melee - - - - - - Lasts 1 min.
Karate Kick 5D6+6/7D6+6 Melee
Roundhouse 4D6+1D10+16
6D6+1D10+16 Melee
Axe Kick 4D6+2D8+6 Melee

Standard Features
1. Advanced Eyes - 1mi (1.6km) visual acuity, 2000ft (610m) night vision, polarization,
2. Advanced Senses - 300ft(95.1m) whispers, doubled taste/scent, always know magnetic north, 80 decibel voice amplification
3. Impervious to Sonic, radiation, (SDC) heat/fire/cold shielding
4. Air purification and gills
5. Bio-comms

Other Bio-E and Sensory Features
Extra Normal Eyes (back of shoulders), Extra Night Vision Eyes (Face), ExtraThermal Vision Eyes (Face), Motion Detection (Impossible to sneak up on the armor), Enhanced Hearing, Echo Location (Estimate Shape of Suroundings 98%, Interpreting Specific Shapes 96%, Estimating Precise Distance 98%, Estimating Precise Direction 98%,Estimating Precise Speed 88%, Estimating Location of Enemy Targets 88% Range 1,000 feet. Mainly used in dark enclosed spaces or in close encounters), Extra Arms, Chameleon Skin (replaced by Stealth Field), Regeneration:Enhanced (Replaced by Regeneration Super), Bio-E Vent x4 (Replaced by Bio-E Blades), Enhanced Neurological Connections, Adrenaline Surge (Lasts 1D4 Minutes, +20 mph to the running speed of the suit, +20 feet to high and lengthwise leaps. Post surge penalties noted in stat block), Ambidextrous (all arms), Grip Hairs (all limbs. Climbs at 1/3 running speed almost 56 mph), Elongated running legs (Speed burst can last 3D4 melees and requires a 3D6 minute rest afterwards), Enhanced Leaping Ability (+20 feet to both high and lengthwise leaps), Bio-E Blades, Resist Physical (blunt melee damage is reduced by half), Resist Kinetic (bullets and piercing damage is reduced by half), Righting Reflex (takes no damage from falls 48 feet or smaller, half damage from falls up to 1000 feet which is further reduced to a quarter damage because of Resist Physical, falls from greater than 1000 require a roll with impact to reduce damage to a quarter), Supernatural Strength, Prehensile Feet, Circadian Rhythms (pilot can stay awake for 4 days), Leaping Legs, Combat Spus (feet),Reinforced Feet, Acid Blood Reinforced Exoskeleton, Organic Thrusters, Cosmetic Feature (Long white braid that seems to move on its own) Note: The Ronin Received 30 extra Bio-e at level 3 for heroic service, 30 at level 6 for assisting a senator of the Great House, 60 at level 9 for doing a personal favor (assassination) for the Librarian, 20 at level 12 and had all of his Bio-E Blades upgraded with the Super Upgrade for becoming a senator himself, and had all of his blades upgraded with the Mega Enhancement at level 13 when he became the Warlord of Great House Katsuragi.

Insanities: Pawn of the Machine, Obsession: Eradication of the Machine in all its forms (dislikes technojackers and is extremely distrustful of them), Psychopathic Efficiency (will often destroy or kill in the quickest way possible. Vital points and called shots only take one action, and the psychopath does triple damage on natural 20. The psychopath views combat as a metal test)
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

ALAshbaugh wrote:Because DINOSAURS.
Blackbunny2
Wanderer

Re: The Ronin

Unread post by Blackbunny2 »

Awesome write up! Serious badass npc!
9voltkilowatt
Adventurer

Unread post by 9voltkilowatt »

I think the Terminator© just pooped his metal breeches and thanked the gods that he's part of another license altogether! :lol:
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Awesome right up. The .doc file you sent me makes it easier to understand but still confusing.
That is the one thing I noticed over the past couple of days, I as I detail the characters of my players, all the damn variables / conditions to consider when noting combat bonuses...
*Is he in living / host armor
*does he have host armor combat skill
*does this feature work all the time, duration, certain conditions, etc...
but I am getting it, slowly but surely.
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
Megaversal Ambassador Coordinator
My GoFund Me - Help Me Walk Again
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

RGG wrote:Huh!
The kind of guy you buy a drink for (or Several) before you engage in combat hoping that he has a weak constitution.

Excellent work!

And it will fail in this case.
Did you see his P.E.?
P.E.: 32
M.E.: 21
:eek: :shock: :? :crane: :? :shock: :eek:
"Freedom is the recognition that no single person, no single authority or government has a monopoly on the truth, but that every individual life is infinitely precious, that every one of us put on this world has been put there for a reason and has something to offer."
NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

Original post modified per Galactus Kid's request.
The Galactus Kid

By the way, the SDC and P.B. in parenthesis are the original values. He is being slowly devoured by his host armor.
Ziggurat the Eternal wrote:I'm not sure if its possible, but if it isn't, then possible will just have to get over it.

Ninjabunny wrote:You are playing to have fun and be a part of a story,no one is aiming to "beat" the GM, nor should any GM be looking to beat his players.

Marrowlight wrote: The Shameless Plug would be a good new account name for you. 8-)

The Galactus Kid

I have to roll up a number of high level N.P.C.s for my game and I was wondering if you all would like me to post them here like I did with The Ronin. I wouldn't start a new thread for each, but would probably have a thread that I would use, or a sticky if NMI wanted. What do you all think?

NMI
OLD ONE

Unread post by NMI »

The Galactus Kid wrote:I have to roll up a number of high level N.P.C.s for my game and I was wondering if you all would like me to post them here like I did with The Ronin. I wouldn't start a new thread for each, but would probably have a thread that I would use, or a sticky if NMI wanted. What do you all think?

It's all good for me.
The Galactus Kid

FYI The Ronin is making his first appearance in my weekly game tonight. He's going to be an informative NPC and then he'll run off again.

Return to “Splicers®”